Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3 "White Blackmail".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) His confused state of mind.
(b) His dream of flying.
(c) Making his pain go away.
(d) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Cry Me a River
(b) Halley's Fourth Concerto
(c) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
(d) Halley's opera,
3. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The Spanish Revolution.
(b) The Spanish Inquisition.
(c) The Potato Famine.
(d) The French Revolution.
4. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Eddie Willers
(b) Dwight Sanders
(c) Francisco d'Anconia
(d) Henry Rearden
5. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
(a) He buys more stock in the John Galt Line.
(b) He gives Dagny credit for saving the company.
(c) He decides to build a new line of his own.
(d) He takes credit for its success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is James Taggart marrying Cherryl Brooks, the dime store clerk?
2. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
3. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
4. What is Owen Kellogg's reply to Dagny when she asks him why he is resigning from Taggert Railway?
5. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)