|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Cherryl changed from the dime store clerk James married?
(a) She is no longer innocent but plays the part of a shop girl to fool society.
(b) Now she has risen in poise and social stature.
(c) she has learned how to get more and more money out of James.
(d) She has even less of an idea about things than she did when they married.
2. What is the surprising question Francisco poses to Dagny at the wedding reception?
(a) Did you get permission to use John Galt's name on your new railroad line?
(b) Have you met John Galt?
(c) Don't you want to know now: Who is John Galt?
(d) Don't you want to tell Lillian about your affair with her husband?
3. Danneskjtzld contrasts himself with what legendary hero?
(d) Robin Hood
4. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(b) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(c) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(d) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
5. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(b) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(c) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(d) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
2. Why does Cherryl go to visit Dagny?
3. What is "the chain"?
4. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
5. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)