|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) Plans for a revolutionary motor.
(b) Books on building aircraft.
(c) The formula for Rearden metal.
(d) The address of the chief engineer.
2. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
(a) He buys more stock in the John Galt Line.
(b) He decides to build a new line of his own.
(c) He gives Dagny credit for saving the company.
(d) He takes credit for its success.
3. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
(a) That he would pay for all the company losses out of his own pocket.
(b) That the whole thing was Dagny's fault since she wanted the Mexican line.
(c) That he foresaw this action, cut the schedule and removed the good equipment from that line.
(d) That Francisco d'Anconia had sold his copper mines to Mexico.
4. What message on the city calendar marquee made Rearden laugh out loud?
(a) We declare a four day work week starting immediately.
(b) We know who John Galt is.
(c) Wanted: Someone who knows how to run a steel plant.
(d) Brother, you asked for it! Francisco Domingo Carlos Andres Sebastian d'Anconia.
5. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
(b) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
(c) It is not a true socialist idea.
(d) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Dagny make before she returns to the outside world?
2. What is Hank's reaction when he discovers Francisco in Dagny's apartment?
3. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
4. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
5. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)