|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
2. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
(a) It runs on water.
(b) It draws its energy from static electricity in the atmosphere.
(c) It produces more power than regular engines.
(d) It requires a totally new factory to build.
3. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(b) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
(c) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(d) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
4. What, according to Rand, is worse than taking someone's life?
(a) Refusing to help the poor.
(b) Having an affair with a married person.
(c) Working only for the joy of creation and invention.
(d) Taking someone's life's work.
5. Why does Cherryl go to visit Dagny?
(a) To accuse her of destroying James.
(b) To borrow money so she can leave James.
(c) To apologize for what she said on her wedding day.
(d) To ask if she can stay there for the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
2. What news was in the letter the doorman had held for Dagny for a week?
3. What happens to all the South American d'Anconia Copper Mines immediately after they are nationalized by the various governments?
4. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
5. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)