|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hank's reaction when he discovers Francisco in Dagny's apartment?
(a) He is happy because he loves both of them.
(b) He thinks Francisco is the destroyer.
(c) He slaps Francisco.
(d) He is afraid that Francisco will discover their affair.
2. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
(a) That it is an indignificant business that will likely fail.
(b) That Rearden Steel will be its largest contributor.
(c) That Rearden Steel will one day belong to them.
(d) That Rearden represents the blackest element of social retrogression in the country.
3. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
(a) The Mexican line is out of coal and must burn wood to run the trains.
(b) Rearden refusus to supply metal for any railroad rails.
(c) The US government is nationalizing all industry.
(d) The Mexican Government has nationalized the San Sebastian Mine and the Taggart railroad line
4. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(b) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
(c) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
(d) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
5. What is the surprising question Francisco poses to Dagny at the wedding reception?
(a) Have you met John Galt?
(b) Don't you want to tell Lillian about your affair with her husband?
(c) Don't you want to know now: Who is John Galt?
(d) Did you get permission to use John Galt's name on your new railroad line?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
2. What will be the only way Dagny can return to the valley?
3. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
4. How does Rand use the history of Twentieth Century Motors to define communism?
5. What was John Galt's connection to Twentieth Century Motors?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)