|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dagny discover is working for her as a common laborer?
(a) Cuffy Meigs
(b) John Galt
(c) Eddie Willers
(d) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
2. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
(a) Francisco d'Anconia
(b) Eddie Willers
(c) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(d) John Galt
3. How does Rand make it clear that Eddie's mysterious cafeteria friend is the illusive John Galt?
(a) The cigarette butts with the $ sign in the ashtray.
(b) He never has to ask.
(c) Eddie comes right out and asks him.
(d) He admits it to Eddie but swears him to secrecy.
4. Why are there only half enough freight cars to ship the Minnesota wheat crop to the East coast?
(a) Meigs has sent the other 7,000 cars to pick up swamp soybeans in Louisiana.
(b) Many of the freight cars have been converted into passenger cars.
(c) The wheat crop is not really important because there is enough wheat in the East already.
(d) All the other cars have fallen apart.
5. What happens to all the South American d'Anconia Copper Mines immediately after they are nationalized by the various governments?
(a) The mines all prove to be worthless and used up.
(b) The are blown up and the top management disappears.
(c) The price of copper jumps to an all time high.
(d) The US government realizes it will now have to pay more for copper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
2. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
3. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
4. Why does Cherryl go to visit Dagny?
5. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)