|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
(a) That Francisco was her first lover.
(b) That she was returning to Taggart Transcontinental.
(c) That he needed to go back to Lillian.
(d) That she could no longer see him.
2. Why does Lillian come to see James Taggart?
(a) Lillian wants to find out more dirt on Dagny.
(b) Lillian wants to get rid of Cherryl because she is so common.
(c) She thinks he is powerful enough to stop Hank from divorcing her.
(d) She thinks he is a handsome, desirable man.
3. What is Dagny's reply to Cherryl's comment that she is "the woman in the Taggart family"?
(a) What am I? Chopped liver?
(b) You're welcome to the job.
(c) That's quiet all right. I'm the man.
(d) Don't tell my dress maker.
4. How does Rand make it clear that Eddie's mysterious cafeteria friend is the illusive John Galt?
(a) He admits it to Eddie but swears him to secrecy.
(b) He never has to ask.
(c) Eddie comes right out and asks him.
(d) The cigarette butts with the $ sign in the ashtray.
5. What will be the only way Dagny can return to the valley?
(a) She will have to crash her plane again.
(b) James Taggart will have to be eliminated.
(c) John Galt, her last key before the door closes forever.
(d) She can return only if Hank decides to come with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
2. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
3. What does Dagny's insistence on working as housemaid for John Galt say about her.
4. How does Dagny deal with the failure of communications on the Taggart Transcontinental when copper wire breaks and cannot be quickly replaced?
5. Why are there only half enough freight cars to ship the Minnesota wheat crop to the East coast?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)