|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
(a) It gives complete control of Taggart Transcontinental to the government.
(b) It is held in the terminal beneath the statue of Nathaniel Taggart.
(c) It is in Dagny's office.
(d) It is unheated because of the coal shortages.
2. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To try and localte John Galt.
(b) To find Francisco and marry him.
(c) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
(d) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
3. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
(a) Project X has to be put on hold.
(b) People have to wait for needed food to arrive.
(c) Rearden Metal wins the contract to ship the steel.
(d) Produce from the West coast is held up for 3 days and everything spoils.
4. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
(a) The bridge on the Galt Line is blown up.
(b) The coal miners all go on strike for higher wages.
(c) Danagger Coal cannot supply coal for the trains because its shipment goes to England.
(d) Danagger refuses to supply coal if it will help Rearden.
5. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(b) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(c) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
(d) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
2. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
3. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
4. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
5. What is the surprising question Francisco poses to Dagny at the wedding reception?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)