|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
(a) Francisco offers to introduce Rearden to Danneskjtzld.
(b) Francisco's horror when he learns that Rearden ordered d'Anconia copper.
(c) Francisco tells Rearden that Danneskjtzld is coming to the city.
(d) Francisco does not react when Rearden mentions Danneskjtzld's name.
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Halley's opera,
(b) Halley's Fourth Concerto
(c) Cry Me a River
(d) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
3. Dagny wants to build a narrow gauge railroad in the valley and then changes her mind. Why?
(a) The idea is ridiculous because it would serve no purpose.
(b) It will keep her from returning to Taggart Transcontinental.
(c) She can't do it without Rearden Metal.
(d) She is not an engineer.
4. What news was in the letter the doorman had held for Dagny for a week?
(a) Quentin Daniels had finally built a working model of her motor.
(b) Quentin Daniels could no longer work on the motor.
(c) Quentin Daniels was moving to Colorado.
(d) Quentin Daniels had disappeared.
5. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
(b) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(c) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(d) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will be the only way Dagny can return to the valley?
2. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
3. What does Phillip want to leave Henry's house?
4. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
5. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)