|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message on the city calendar marquee made Rearden laugh out loud?
(a) We know who John Galt is.
(b) We declare a four day work week starting immediately.
(c) Wanted: Someone who knows how to run a steel plant.
(d) Brother, you asked for it! Francisco Domingo Carlos Andres Sebastian d'Anconia.
2. At the Thanksgiving dinner, why does Lillian urge Hank not to fight the lawsuit?
(a) She says he cannot win.
(b) She says he will win if he does not present a case.
(c) She says they will assassinate him.
(d) She says he will damage her socially.
3. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
(b) He is Hank's brother.
(c) He holds an engineering degree.
(d) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
4. What does Hank Rearden finally do with his family?
(a) He threatens to kill them all if they don't leave him alone.
(b) He makes a settlement with them that will keep them in style for life.
(c) He divorces Lillian and cuts the family off from any financial support from him.
(d) He gives Phillip a job and leaves Rearden Metal.
5. What, according to Rand, is worse than taking someone's life?
(a) Refusing to help the poor.
(b) Working only for the joy of creation and invention.
(c) Taking someone's life's work.
(d) Having an affair with a married person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the coincidence of Dagny stopping the conductor from throwing a vagrant off the train she is taking to see Quentin Daniels?
2. What is the problem Rearden sees in any government that professes to run by committee for the "public good."
3. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
4. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
5. What is Hank's reaction when he discovers Francisco in Dagny's apartment?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)