|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
(a) They are looking for a new car.
(b) The are looking for usable parts for diesel engines.
(c) They are looking for new headquarters for Rearden Metal.
(d) They are looking for scrap iron.
2. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
(a) She buys a plane and flies there.
(b) She hitchhikes to Colorado.
(c) She buys a car and drives the rest of the way.
(d) She calls Hank to come take her the rest of the way.
3. What was John Galt's connection to Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) He is Quentin Daniel's father.
(b) He once owned the company.
(c) He once owned that factory.
(d) He was the young engineer building the revolutionary motor.
4. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
(a) The socialist system only takes from those with ability and gives to others who are less deserving.
(b) It is only fair that everyone make the same salary.
(c) The socialist system allows the greatest minds to get ahead.
(d) Production increases when everyone shares in the work.
5. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
(a) He suggests that the faceless men will take over.
(b) He compares her now to the time she waited outside Dannager's office.
(c) He says everyone must travel the same road to Atlantis.
(d) He compares Dagny to the Unification Board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
2. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
3. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
4. Danneskjtzld contrasts himself with what legendary hero?
5. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)