|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
(a) She buys a car and drives the rest of the way.
(b) She hitchhikes to Colorado.
(c) She calls Hank to come take her the rest of the way.
(d) She buys a plane and flies there.
2. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
(a) A fund raiser for underprivileged children.
(b) A celebration of Rearden metal.
(c) Their wedding anniversary.
(d) Their social obligation to Dagny Taggart.
3. What is Dagny's reply to Cherryl's comment that she is "the woman in the Taggart family"?
(a) What am I? Chopped liver?
(b) You're welcome to the job.
(c) Don't tell my dress maker.
(d) That's quiet all right. I'm the man.
4. What does Phillip want to leave Henry's house?
(a) Paid up tuition to Harvard.
(b) Money to start a business.
(c) Controlling interest in Rearden Metal stock.
(d) A new car.
5. What does Francisco d'Anconia say the socialists will use to replace "the aristocracy of money"?
(a) The aristocracy of everyone
(b) The commonality of all men
(c) The destruction of all aristocracy
(d) The aristocracy of influence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Danneskjtzld contrasts himself with what legendary hero?
2. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
3. What, according to Rand, is worse than taking someone's life?
4. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
5. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)