|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
(a) That she was returning to Taggart Transcontinental.
(b) That he needed to go back to Lillian.
(c) That Francisco was her first lover.
(d) That she could no longer see him.
2. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
(a) At his apartment in the city.
(b) In the ruins of Rearden Metal.
(c) In Dagny's cabin.
(d) On his walk at night.
3. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
(a) John Galt is a Prometheus who changed his mind.
(b) John Galt has been eaten by vultures and is dead.
(c) John Galt believes the total end is near for all mankind.
(d) John Galt invented fire.
4. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
(a) He decides to build a new line of his own.
(b) He buys more stock in the John Galt Line.
(c) He gives Dagny credit for saving the company.
(d) He takes credit for its success.
5. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
(a) As a unique piece of jewelry that everyone in New York will envy.
(b) As the only gift Hank has ever given her.
(c) Something made from the same thing as railroad rails and soup kettles.
(d) As an early anniversary present from Hank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
2. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
3. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
4. What does Francisco d'Anconia say the socialists will use to replace "the aristocracy of money"?
5. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)