|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
(a) Wyatt's threat to destroy the economy by setting fire to Washington.
(b) Wyatt's new flashlight invention.
(c) Wyatt's lighting after his electricity has been shut off.
(d) What is left after Wyatt's destruction of his oil fields.
2. Why is James Taggart marrying Cherryl Brooks, the dime store clerk?
(a) To find real happiness
(b) To show that he helps the underpriviliged
(c) To make an honest woman out of her because he got her pregnant
(d) To prove that communism will not work
3. What will be the only way Dagny can return to the valley?
(a) She will have to crash her plane again.
(b) She can return only if Hank decides to come with her.
(c) John Galt, her last key before the door closes forever.
(d) James Taggart will have to be eliminated.
4. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
(a) That she could no longer see him.
(b) That she was returning to Taggart Transcontinental.
(c) That he needed to go back to Lillian.
(d) That Francisco was her first lover.
5. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(b) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(c) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
(d) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
2. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
3. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
4. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
5. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)