|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Quentin Daniels is hired to reconstruct the revolutionary motor. What is Quentin's greatest desire.
(a) To create a motor from his own concept.
(b) To improve the motor.
(c) To meet the man who conceived of the idea of the motor.
(d) To prove the the motor will not work.
2. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
(a) She buys a car and drives the rest of the way.
(b) She calls Hank to come take her the rest of the way.
(c) She buys a plane and flies there.
(d) She hitchhikes to Colorado.
3. Who does Dagny discover is working for her as a common laborer?
(a) Cuffy Meigs
(b) John Galt
(c) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(d) Eddie Willers
4. In being true to herself, Dagny still does not get what Francisco has been trying to tell her. What analogy does Francisco make that Dagny misses?
(a) He suggests that the faceless men will take over.
(b) He compares Dagny to the Unification Board.
(c) He compares her now to the time she waited outside Dannager's office.
(d) He says everyone must travel the same road to Atlantis.
5. At the Thanksgiving dinner, why does Lillian urge Hank not to fight the lawsuit?
(a) She says he will win if he does not present a case.
(b) She says he cannot win.
(c) She says they will assassinate him.
(d) She says he will damage her socially.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
2. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
3. What literary device does Rand use to show the end of Eddie's dream of one day marrying Dagny.
4. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
5. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)