|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
(a) Eddie Willers
(b) John Galt
(c) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(d) Francisco d'Anconia
2. How does Dagny deal with the failure of communications on the Taggart Transcontinental when copper wire breaks and cannot be quickly replaced?
(a) She reverts to manual switching and lantern signals.
(b) She goes to James to find out what to do.
(c) She stops all trains until the lines can be repaired.
(d) She turns the problem over to Cuffy Meigs.
3. What is the symbolism of the gold $ sign on the cigarettes?
(a) It is a symbol of how expensive cigarettes become under communism.
(b) It is a secret mark that designates a revolutionary war to come.
(c) It is reall a capital U overlaid with a capital S in gold to remind users of US capitalism.
(d) It predicts the high cost of cigarettes in the future.
4. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
(b) His confused state of mind.
(c) Making his pain go away.
(d) His dream of flying.
5. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) Imposing great penalties on those who made mistakes.
(b) From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
(c) Never criticizing anyone for a mistake or cost overrun.
(d) By paying the best salaries in the industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
2. What does Hank Rearden finally do with his family?
3. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
4. What is the coincidence of Dagny stopping the conductor from throwing a vagrant off the train she is taking to see Quentin Daniels?
5. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)