|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James Taggart demonstrate his disdain for money?
(a) He buys Cherryl an improbably large diamond.
(b) He gives his money to Lillian.
(c) He burns his money in the fireplace.
(d) He gives a hundred dollar bill to a beggar.
2. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
(a) That she was returning to Taggart Transcontinental.
(b) That she could no longer see him.
(c) That he needed to go back to Lillian.
(d) That Francisco was her first lover.
3. Who is the handsome blond man Dagny meets on her first morning in the valley?
(a) Richard Halley
(b) Sebastian d'Anconia
(c) John Galt's brother
(d) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
4. What is "the chain"?
(a) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
(b) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(c) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
(d) A means of restraining railroad workers.
5. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(b) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
(c) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
(d) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
2. Why does Lillian come to see James Taggart?
3. What is Hank's reaction when he discovers Francisco in Dagny's apartment?
4. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
5. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)