|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It is not a true socialist idea.
(b) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
(c) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
(d) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
2. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(b) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(c) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(d) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
3. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
4. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
(a) She buys a car and drives the rest of the way.
(b) She calls Hank to come take her the rest of the way.
(c) She buys a plane and flies there.
(d) She hitchhikes to Colorado.
5. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) In a dime store.
(b) At the train station.
(c) At a cocktail party.
(d) Friends introduce them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
2. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
3. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
4. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
5. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)