|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
(a) He says she is not ready to hear the answer.
(b) He says only John Galt knows for sure.
(c) He says she already knows.
(d) He says he wants to take over the oil industry.
2. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
(a) As a unique piece of jewelry that everyone in New York will envy.
(b) As an early anniversary present from Hank.
(c) As the only gift Hank has ever given her.
(d) Something made from the same thing as railroad rails and soup kettles.
3. Who flies over the valley looking for Dagny but cannot see the community below?
(a) Eddie Willers
(b) Hank Rearden
(c) Jim Taggart
(d) Phillip Rearden
4. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
(a) It is made of unusual tobacco.
(b) It cannot be lit.
(c) It is rolled in colored paper.
(d) It is marked with a gold dollar sign.
5. Why is James Taggart marrying Cherryl Brooks, the dime store clerk?
(a) To prove that communism will not work
(b) To show that he helps the underpriviliged
(c) To find real happiness
(d) To make an honest woman out of her because he got her pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
2. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
3. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
4. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
5. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)