|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Dagny make before she returns to the outside world?
(a) She will return within one month.
(b) She will bring back Hank when she returns.
(c) She will destroy the railroad before she returns.
(d) She will not reveal anything about it or try to find it again.
2. When Dagny is held up by the stopped train, how does she continue her way to Colorado?
(a) She calls Hank to come take her the rest of the way.
(b) She buys a plane and flies there.
(c) She buys a car and drives the rest of the way.
(d) She hitchhikes to Colorado.
3. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
(a) Francisco tells Rearden that Danneskjtzld is coming to the city.
(b) Francisco's horror when he learns that Rearden ordered d'Anconia copper.
(c) Francisco does not react when Rearden mentions Danneskjtzld's name.
(d) Francisco offers to introduce Rearden to Danneskjtzld.
4. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) At a cocktail party.
(b) Friends introduce them.
(c) At the train station.
(d) In a dime store.
5. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
(a) People have to wait for needed food to arrive.
(b) Produce from the West coast is held up for 3 days and everything spoils.
(c) Rearden Metal wins the contract to ship the steel.
(d) Project X has to be put on hold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message on the city calendar marquee made Rearden laugh out loud?
2. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
3. What, according to Rand, is worse than taking someone's life?
4. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
5. After Francisco leaves her apartment, what does Dagny finally admit to Rearden?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)