|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
(a) A celebration of Rearden metal.
(b) A fund raiser for underprivileged children.
(c) Their social obligation to Dagny Taggart.
(d) Their wedding anniversary.
2. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
3. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
(a) They are looking for a new car.
(b) They are looking for scrap iron.
(c) They are looking for new headquarters for Rearden Metal.
(d) The are looking for usable parts for diesel engines.
4. Why does Phillip want cash instead of a check for Rearden's contribution to Friends of Global Progress?
(a) He doesn't want them to know that the money came from his capitalist brother.
(b) He thinks Rearden's check is no good.
(c) He wants to pocket half of the cash.
(d) Friends for Global Progress does not accept checks.
5. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Local and Transcontinental Rule
(b) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
(c) Anti-cooperation Rule
(d) Every man for himself Rule
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
2. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
3. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
4. What is "the chain"?
5. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)