|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
2. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(b) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
(c) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(d) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
3. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
(a) It requires a totally new factory to build.
(b) It produces more power than regular engines.
(c) It draws its energy from static electricity in the atmosphere.
(d) It runs on water.
4. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
5. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
(a) He knows the mines are worthless and wants to watch them go down with their own greed.
(b) He plays a game of marbles on the hotel room floor.
(c) He plays poker with the Mexican President in a winner-take-all game.
(d) He plays charades but no one can guess his subject.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
2. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
3. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
4. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
5. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)