|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(b) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(c) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
(d) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
2. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) Friends introduce them.
(b) At a cocktail party.
(c) In a dime store.
(d) At the train station.
3. What is "the chain"?
(a) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
(b) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(c) A means of restraining railroad workers.
(d) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
4. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
(a) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(b) John Galt
(c) Eddie Willers
(d) Francisco d'Anconia
5. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
(a) It draws its energy from static electricity in the atmosphere.
(b) It produces more power than regular engines.
(c) It runs on water.
(d) It requires a totally new factory to build.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
2. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
3. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
4. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
5. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)