|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He holds an engineering degree.
(b) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
(c) He is Hank's brother.
(d) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
2. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
3. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It is not a true socialist idea.
(b) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
(c) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
(d) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
4. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
(a) He says she is not ready to hear the answer.
(b) He says she already knows.
(c) He says only John Galt knows for sure.
(d) He says he wants to take over the oil industry.
5. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Anti-cooperation Rule
(b) Every man for himself Rule
(c) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
(d) Local and Transcontinental Rule
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
2. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
3. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
4. What is "the chain"?
5. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)