|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
(a) He says only John Galt knows for sure.
(b) He says he wants to take over the oil industry.
(c) He says she is not ready to hear the answer.
(d) He says she already knows.
2. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
(a) That he foresaw this action, cut the schedule and removed the good equipment from that line.
(b) That the whole thing was Dagny's fault since she wanted the Mexican line.
(c) That Francisco d'Anconia had sold his copper mines to Mexico.
(d) That he would pay for all the company losses out of his own pocket.
3. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(b) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(c) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
(d) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
4. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
(b) His dream of flying.
(c) His confused state of mind.
(d) Making his pain go away.
5. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Potato Famine.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Spanish Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
2. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
3. What is "the chain"?
4. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
5. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)