|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
(a) Phillip Rearden
(b) Claude Slagenhop
(c) Francisco d'Anconia
(d) Hank Rearden
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
(b) Cry Me a River
(c) Halley's opera,
(d) Halley's Fourth Concerto
3. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) In a dime store.
(b) Friends introduce them.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At a cocktail party.
4. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
(a) They believe she cannot pay for the items.
(b) They made a deal with Jim Taggart not to supply the equipment.
(c) They cannot get the steel they need.
(d) Too many people are opposed to Rearden metal.
5. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
2. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
3. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
4. What does "the chain" represent to Henry Rearden?
5. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)