|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
(a) A celebration of Rearden metal.
(b) A fund raiser for underprivileged children.
(c) Their wedding anniversary.
(d) Their social obligation to Dagny Taggart.
2. What is the symbolism of Francisco lying on the floor with his arms spread out to his sides?
(a) Making his pain go away.
(b) His dream of flying.
(c) Sacrifice for what he believes in.
(d) His confused state of mind.
3. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
(a) Hank Rearden
(b) Phillip Rearden
(c) Claude Slagenhop
(d) Francisco d'Anconia
4. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) At a cocktail party.
(b) Friends introduce them.
(c) In a dime store.
(d) At the train station.
5. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(b) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(c) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(d) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
2. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
3. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
4. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
5. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)