|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
(a) He says he wants to take over the oil industry.
(b) He says only John Galt knows for sure.
(c) He says she is not ready to hear the answer.
(d) He says she already knows.
2. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Every man for himself Rule
(b) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
(c) Local and Transcontinental Rule
(d) Anti-cooperation Rule
3. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
4. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
(b) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(c) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(d) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
5. What is "the chain"?
(a) A means of restraining railroad workers.
(b) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
(c) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(d) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
2. What is so revolutionary about the motor that never went into production?
3. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
4. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
5. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)