|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
(a) That Rearden Steel will be its largest contributor.
(b) That Rearden Steel will one day belong to them.
(c) That Rearden represents the blackest element of social retrogression in the country.
(d) That it is an indignificant business that will likely fail.
2. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
(a) They believe she cannot pay for the items.
(b) They made a deal with Jim Taggart not to supply the equipment.
(c) Too many people are opposed to Rearden metal.
(d) They cannot get the steel they need.
3. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
(b) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(c) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(d) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
4. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
(b) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(c) To try and localte John Galt.
(d) To find Francisco and marry him.
5. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
(a) A celebration of Rearden metal.
(b) Their social obligation to Dagny Taggart.
(c) A fund raiser for underprivileged children.
(d) Their wedding anniversary.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
2. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
3. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
4. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
5. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)