|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Local and Transcontinental Rule
(b) Anti-cooperation Rule
(c) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
(d) Every man for himself Rule
2. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
(a) Their social obligation to Dagny Taggart.
(b) Their wedding anniversary.
(c) A celebration of Rearden metal.
(d) A fund raiser for underprivileged children.
3. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
(a) Hank Rearden
(b) Claude Slagenhop
(c) Phillip Rearden
(d) Francisco d'Anconia
4. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
(a) Something made from the same thing as railroad rails and soup kettles.
(b) As a unique piece of jewelry that everyone in New York will envy.
(c) As the only gift Hank has ever given her.
(d) As an early anniversary present from Hank.
5. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
(a) The common people.
(b) The National Alliance of Railroads
(c) Billionaires like Francisco d'Anconia.
(d) Industrialists like Dagny and Rearden
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the organization, Friends of Global Progress, view Rearden Steel?
2. What is "the chain"?
3. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
4. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
5. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)