|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
(b) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(c) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(d) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
(b) Halley's opera,
(c) Cry Me a River
(d) Halley's Fourth Concerto
3. When Dagny demands that Francisco tell her why Ellis Wyatt will be wiped out in Colorado, why does he refuse to tell her?
(a) He says she already knows.
(b) He says he wants to take over the oil industry.
(c) He says she is not ready to hear the answer.
(d) He says only John Galt knows for sure.
4. What was Francisco's nickname for Dagny when they were children?
5. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) At the train station.
(b) Friends introduce them.
(c) In a dime store.
(d) At a cocktail party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
2. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
3. How does Lillian describe the bracelet?
4. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
5. What is Dagny's amazing discovery at Twentieth Century Motors?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)