|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
(a) Too many people are opposed to Rearden metal.
(b) They made a deal with Jim Taggart not to supply the equipment.
(c) They cannot get the steel they need.
(d) They believe she cannot pay for the items.
2. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
(b) Anti-cooperation Rule
(c) Local and Transcontinental Rule
(d) Every man for himself Rule
3. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
(a) At a cocktail party.
(b) At the train station.
(c) In a dime store.
(d) Friends introduce them.
4. What is "the chain"?
(a) A means of restraining railroad workers.
(b) The weakest link in Rearden's new metal.
(c) A bracelet made from the first pouring of Rearden metal.
(d) The imprisonment of Hank's family.
5. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(b) To find Francisco and marry him.
(c) To try and localte John Galt.
(d) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
2. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
3. What game does Francisco play with the Mexican government and the American stockholders in the San Sebastian Mines?
4. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
5. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)