Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5 "Their Brothers' Keepers".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
(a) It is only fair that everyone make the same salary.
(b) The socialist system allows the greatest minds to get ahead.
(c) The socialist system only takes from those with ability and gives to others who are less deserving.
(d) Production increases when everyone shares in the work.
2. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(b) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
(c) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(d) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
3. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
(a) She praises him for his generosity.
(b) She says the idea is despicable.
(c) She accuses him of lying.
(d) She agrees that the motives were pure.
4. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
(a) The bridge on the Galt Line is blown up.
(b) The coal miners all go on strike for higher wages.
(c) Danagger Coal cannot supply coal for the trains because its shipment goes to England.
(d) Danagger refuses to supply coal if it will help Rearden.
5. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
(a) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is his new bodyguard.
(b) He pretends to shoot Danneskjtzld who plays dead.
(c) He pulls a gun on the police and chases them off.
(d) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is James Taggart in disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James Taggart demonstrate his disdain for money?
2. How does Rand make it clear that Eddie's mysterious cafeteria friend is the illusive John Galt?
3. What does Phillip want to leave Henry's house?
4. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
5. How does Rand show James Taggart's opportunism after the success of the John Galt Line?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)