|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9 "The Sacred and the Profane".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
(a) Billionaires like Francisco d'Anconia.
(b) The common people.
(c) Industrialists like Dagny and Rearden
(d) The National Alliance of Railroads
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
(b) Halley's Fourth Concerto
(c) Cry Me a River
(d) Halley's opera,
3. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Anti-cooperation Rule
(b) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
(c) Local and Transcontinental Rule
(d) Every man for himself Rule
4. Before Hank Rearden, Dagny has had only one lover. She will not tell Rearden his name. Who was he?
(a) Eddie Willers
(b) Ragnar Danneskjtzld
(c) John Galt
(d) Francisco d'Anconia
5. What caused Francisco's ancestor out of Spain to Argentina where he became wealthy as a copper miner?
(a) The Spanish Inquisition.
(b) The Potato Famine.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Spanish Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Hank and Dagny try to find the old Twentieth Century Motor company?
2. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
3. How old was Francisco when he took over d'Anconia Copper Mines?
4. What is the purpose of the party Lillian plans to give in three months?
5. James and Cherryl begin their unlikely romance. Where does James meet her?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)