|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
(a) He holds an engineering degree.
(b) He has the social skills that Hank lacks.
(c) He is Hank's brother.
(d) He could get a job anywhere but wants to help his brother.
2. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
(a) She praises him for his generosity.
(b) She agrees that the motives were pure.
(c) She says the idea is despicable.
(d) She accuses him of lying.
3. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
(a) Another gun for Hank to carry
(b) A bar of gold
(c) His calling card
(d) The number to a bank account
4. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(b) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
(c) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(d) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
5. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
(a) Wyatt's Torch
(b) The blue Rearden Metal rails
(c) Dagny standing by the tracks
(d) The wreck of another train
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
2. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
3. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
4. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
5. What does Rearden say the government needed to win against him.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)