|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
(a) It is marked with a gold dollar sign.
(b) It is rolled in colored paper.
(c) It cannot be lit.
(d) It is made of unusual tobacco.
2. Danneskjtzld contrasts himself with what legendary hero?
(c) Robin Hood
3. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
(a) The wreck of another train
(b) The blue Rearden Metal rails
(c) Dagny standing by the tracks
(d) Wyatt's Torch
4. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
(a) Wyatt's threat to destroy the economy by setting fire to Washington.
(b) Wyatt's new flashlight invention.
(c) What is left after Wyatt's destruction of his oil fields.
(d) Wyatt's lighting after his electricity has been shut off.
5. What is the problem Rearden sees in any government that professes to run by committee for the "public good."
(a) It favors industrialists who create jobs for the public.
(b) There is no morality of right and wrong involved.
(c) The moral purity of a committee cannot know what the public good is.
(d) The committees are selected by popular vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
2. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
3. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
4. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
5. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)