|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
(a) Francisco offers to introduce Rearden to Danneskjtzld.
(b) Francisco does not react when Rearden mentions Danneskjtzld's name.
(c) Francisco's horror when he learns that Rearden ordered d'Anconia copper.
(d) Francisco tells Rearden that Danneskjtzld is coming to the city.
2. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
(a) Phillip Rearden
(b) Hank Rearden
(c) Claude Slagenhop
(d) Francisco d'Anconia
3. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
(a) Wyatt's threat to destroy the economy by setting fire to Washington.
(b) Wyatt's lighting after his electricity has been shut off.
(c) Wyatt's new flashlight invention.
(d) What is left after Wyatt's destruction of his oil fields.
4. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) Never criticizing anyone for a mistake or cost overrun.
(b) By paying the best salaries in the industry.
(c) Imposing great penalties on those who made mistakes.
(d) From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
5. What is the symbolism of the explosion in the Colorado tunnel?
(a) It marks the end of the Unification Board.
(b) It represents the end of an era.
(c) It is what happens when logic and reason are abandoned for political expediency.
(d) It represents the poor quality goods industrialists offer out of greed.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Thanksgiving dinner, why does Lillian urge Hank not to fight the lawsuit?
2. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
3. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
4. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
5. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)