|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
(b) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(c) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(d) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
2. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
(a) They cannot get the steel they need.
(b) They made a deal with Jim Taggart not to supply the equipment.
(c) They believe she cannot pay for the items.
(d) Too many people are opposed to Rearden metal.
3. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
(b) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(c) To find Francisco and marry him.
(d) To try and localte John Galt.
4. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
(a) Wyatt's threat to destroy the economy by setting fire to Washington.
(b) Wyatt's lighting after his electricity has been shut off.
(c) Wyatt's new flashlight invention.
(d) What is left after Wyatt's destruction of his oil fields.
5. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
(a) Halley's opera,
(b) Halley's Fourth Concerto
(c) Cry Me a River
(d) Tchaikovski's Symphony Pathetique
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
2. What does Phillip want to leave Henry's house?
3. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
4. At the Thanksgiving dinner, why does Lillian urge Hank not to fight the lawsuit?
5. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)