|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
(a) The US government is nationalizing all industry.
(b) The Mexican line is out of coal and must burn wood to run the trains.
(c) The Mexican Government has nationalized the San Sebastian Mine and the Taggart railroad line
(d) Rearden refusus to supply metal for any railroad rails.
2. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(b) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(c) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(d) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
3. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
(a) Hank Rearden
(b) Claude Slagenhop
(c) Francisco d'Anconia
(d) Phillip Rearden
4. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
(a) She says the idea is despicable.
(b) She accuses him of lying.
(c) She agrees that the motives were pure.
(d) She praises him for his generosity.
5. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) Never criticizing anyone for a mistake or cost overrun.
(b) By paying the best salaries in the industry.
(c) Imposing great penalties on those who made mistakes.
(d) From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
2. What does Phillip want to leave Henry's house?
3. What is the problem Rearden sees in any government that professes to run by committee for the "public good."
4. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
5. What is the symbolism of the explosion in the Colorado tunnel?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)