|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
(a) Every man for himself Rule
(b) Local and Transcontinental Rule
(c) Anti-cooperation Rule
(d) Anti-dog-eat-dog Rule
2. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
(a) The wreck of another train
(b) The blue Rearden Metal rails
(c) Dagny standing by the tracks
(d) Wyatt's Torch
3. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
(a) Another gun for Hank to carry
(b) A bar of gold
(c) The number to a bank account
(d) His calling card
4. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
(a) They cannot get the steel they need.
(b) Too many people are opposed to Rearden metal.
(c) They believe she cannot pay for the items.
(d) They made a deal with Jim Taggart not to supply the equipment.
5. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
(a) He went to the university under an assumed name.
(b) Nobody really knows who he is.
(c) The school records were in a fire and his records were lost.
(d) She will only learn it when he chooses to tell her himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
2. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
3. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
4. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
5. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)