|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(b) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(c) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(d) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
2. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
(a) Claude Slagenhop
(b) Hank Rearden
(c) Phillip Rearden
(d) Francisco d'Anconia
3. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
(a) It is made of unusual tobacco.
(b) It is rolled in colored paper.
(c) It is marked with a gold dollar sign.
(d) It cannot be lit.
4. At the Thanksgiving dinner, why does Lillian urge Hank not to fight the lawsuit?
(a) She says he will damage her socially.
(b) She says they will assassinate him.
(c) She says he will win if he does not present a case.
(d) She says he cannot win.
5. Danneskjtzld contrasts himself with what legendary hero?
(c) Robin Hood
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
2. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
3. What did the National Alliance of Railroads pass to eliminate competition?
4. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
5. What is the problem Rearden sees in any government that professes to run by committee for the "public good."
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)