|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
(a) Billionaires like Francisco d'Anconia.
(b) The common people.
(c) Industrialists like Dagny and Rearden
(d) The National Alliance of Railroads
2. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
(b) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
(c) It is not a true socialist idea.
(d) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
3. Danneskjtzld contrasts himself with what legendary hero?
(d) Robin Hood
4. At the Thanksgiving dinner, why does Lillian urge Hank not to fight the lawsuit?
(a) She says they will assassinate him.
(b) She says he cannot win.
(c) She says he will damage her socially.
(d) She says he will win if he does not present a case.
5. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
(a) Another gun for Hank to carry
(b) The number to a bank account
(c) A bar of gold
(d) His calling card
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will Amalgamated Switch and Signal Company not complete Dagny's order for switches and signals on the Colorado line?
2. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
3. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
4. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
5. What does Phillip want to leave Henry's house?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)