|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the meaning of "Wyatt's torch"?
(a) Wyatt's new flashlight invention.
(b) What is left after Wyatt's destruction of his oil fields.
(c) Wyatt's lighting after his electricity has been shut off.
(d) Wyatt's threat to destroy the economy by setting fire to Washington.
2. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
(b) By paying the best salaries in the industry.
(c) Imposing great penalties on those who made mistakes.
(d) Never criticizing anyone for a mistake or cost overrun.
3. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
(b) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
(c) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
(d) It is not a true socialist idea.
4. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
(a) He pulls a gun on the police and chases them off.
(b) He pretends to shoot Danneskjtzld who plays dead.
(c) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is James Taggart in disguise.
(d) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is his new bodyguard.
5. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
(a) The blue Rearden Metal rails
(b) Wyatt's Torch
(c) The wreck of another train
(d) Dagny standing by the tracks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rearden say the government needed to win against him.
2. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
3. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
4. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
5. What is the symbolism of the explosion in the Colorado tunnel?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)