|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the explosion in the Colorado tunnel?
(a) It represents the end of an era.
(b) It represents the poor quality goods industrialists offer out of greed.
(c) It is what happens when logic and reason are abandoned for political expediency.
(d) It marks the end of the Unification Board.
2. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
(a) He went to the university under an assumed name.
(b) She will only learn it when he chooses to tell her himself.
(c) The school records were in a fire and his records were lost.
(d) Nobody really knows who he is.
3. What is the problem Rearden sees in any government that professes to run by committee for the "public good."
(a) The committees are selected by popular vote.
(b) There is no morality of right and wrong involved.
(c) It favors industrialists who create jobs for the public.
(d) The moral purity of a committee cannot know what the public good is.
4. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
(a) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is James Taggart in disguise.
(b) He pretends to shoot Danneskjtzld who plays dead.
(c) He pulls a gun on the police and chases them off.
(d) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is his new bodyguard.
5. When Hank Rearden learns that the legislature has passed the Equalization of Opportunity Bill, what does he learn from Mouch, his lobbyist in Washington?
(a) Nothing. Mouch is not answering his phone.
(b) Mouch offers to return the money Rearden has paid him.
(c) Mouch says the President will veto the bill.
(d) Mouch tells him that the bill has no penalty written into it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Danneskjtzld contrasts himself with what legendary hero?
2. Rand uses the failure of Twentieth Century Motors to make what point about socialism?
3. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
4. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
5. What does Phillip want to leave Henry's house?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)