|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
(a) On his walk at night.
(b) At his apartment in the city.
(c) In the ruins of Rearden Metal.
(d) In Dagny's cabin.
2. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
(a) Hank Rearden
(b) Claude Slagenhop
(c) Phillip Rearden
(d) Francisco d'Anconia
3. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
(a) By paying the best salaries in the industry.
(b) From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
(c) Imposing great penalties on those who made mistakes.
(d) Never criticizing anyone for a mistake or cost overrun.
4. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
(a) The Mexican Government has nationalized the San Sebastian Mine and the Taggart railroad line
(b) The US government is nationalizing all industry.
(c) The Mexican line is out of coal and must burn wood to run the trains.
(d) Rearden refusus to supply metal for any railroad rails.
5. At the Thanksgiving dinner, why does Lillian urge Hank not to fight the lawsuit?
(a) She says he cannot win.
(b) She says he will win if he does not present a case.
(c) She says he will damage her socially.
(d) She says they will assassinate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
2. Atlas is the Greek god who holds the world on his shoulders. In the novel, who is "Atlas"?
3. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
4. What does Rearden say the government needed to win against him.
5. What does Phillip want to leave Henry's house?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)