|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
(a) Wyatt's Torch
(b) The blue Rearden Metal rails
(c) The wreck of another train
(d) Dagny standing by the tracks
2. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
(a) Francisco does not react when Rearden mentions Danneskjtzld's name.
(b) Francisco's horror when he learns that Rearden ordered d'Anconia copper.
(c) Francisco tells Rearden that Danneskjtzld is coming to the city.
(d) Francisco offers to introduce Rearden to Danneskjtzld.
3. What is the real outcome after the court fines Rearden $5,000 and gives him a suspended sentence?
(a) Other industrialists will go out of business.
(b) Rearden will have to comply with the government rules.
(c) Lillian's social connections are destroyed.
(d) In effect, he has won against the government.
4. How does Hank protect Danneskjtzld when the police arrive?
(a) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is James Taggart in disguise.
(b) He tells the police that Danneskjtzld is his new bodyguard.
(c) He pretends to shoot Danneskjtzld who plays dead.
(d) He pulls a gun on the police and chases them off.
5. What is the symbolism of the explosion in the Colorado tunnel?
(a) It represents the poor quality goods industrialists offer out of greed.
(b) It is what happens when logic and reason are abandoned for political expediency.
(c) It represents the end of an era.
(d) It marks the end of the Unification Board.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
2. What is Dagny's reaction to Eugene Lawson's claim that his motives were pure at Twentieth Century Motors because he never made a profit?
3. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
4. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
5. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)