|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dagny take a leave of absence from her job as Vice President of Operations at Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) To find Francisco and marry him.
(b) To get away to Europe for a vacation.
(c) To supervise and finish the John Galt Line.
(d) To try and localte John Galt.
2. What is the lie that James Taggart tells the Board of Taggert Railroad?
(a) That he would pay for all the company losses out of his own pocket.
(b) That the whole thing was Dagny's fault since she wanted the Mexican line.
(c) That Francisco d'Anconia had sold his copper mines to Mexico.
(d) That he foresaw this action, cut the schedule and removed the good equipment from that line.
3. What is the symbolism of the explosion in the Colorado tunnel?
(a) It marks the end of the Unification Board.
(b) It is what happens when logic and reason are abandoned for political expediency.
(c) It represents the end of an era.
(d) It represents the poor quality goods industrialists offer out of greed.
4. What does Danneskjtzld leave behind when he disappears into the darkness?
(a) The number to a bank account
(b) A bar of gold
(c) Another gun for Hank to carry
(d) His calling card
5. What is Ayn Rand's objection to majority rule as put forth by the National Alliance of Railroads?
(a) It can be used to stifle competition, capitalism, and individualism.
(b) It is not a true socialist idea.
(c) It puts decision making in the hands of uneducted people.
(d) It does not go far enough to protect everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rand let the reader know that there is a connection between Francisco and Danneskjtzld?
2. At home and in despair, what music is Dagny listening to when she puts down her head and cries?
3. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
4. What is so unusual about the cigarette Dagny gets from Dr. Hugh Akston?
5. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)