|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 7 "The Moratorium on Brains".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. Potter of the State Science Institute threatens Rearden who pretends not to understand his threats. Why?
(a) If he did, he would take his product off the market.
(b) If he did, he would have to give Rearden Metal to the government.
(c) If he did, he would cancel his business plans.
(d) If he did, he would have to kill Potter.
2. Why can Dagny not learn the name of the third student at Patrick Henry University according to Dr. Akston?
(a) Nobody really knows who he is.
(b) He went to the university under an assumed name.
(c) The school records were in a fire and his records were lost.
(d) She will only learn it when he chooses to tell her himself.
3. What does Rearden say the government needed to win against him.
(a) His cooperation.
(b) His account books.
(c) His civil rights.
(d) His denial of any wrong doing.
4. Who offers to help Dagny solve the problem of the rotting wooden bridge on her Colorado line?
(a) Hank Rearden
(b) Francisco d'Anconia
(c) Claude Slagenhop
(d) Phillip Rearden
5. What is the problem Rearden sees in any government that professes to run by committee for the "public good."
(a) The moral purity of a committee cannot know what the public good is.
(b) The committees are selected by popular vote.
(c) It favors industrialists who create jobs for the public.
(d) There is no morality of right and wrong involved.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Sternes say they tried to run Twentieth Century Motors?
2. What news does James Taggart receive that Dagny had predicted?
3. What does Hank Rearden's mother suggest is Phillip's qualification to work for Rearden Metal?
4. What is the last thing passengers see on Kip Chalmers' train as they enter the tunnel?
5. Where does Hank finally meet up with Danneskjtzld?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)