|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Secretary of the Interior
(b) Assistant Editor of
(c) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(d) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
2. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
(a) It is in Dagny's office.
(b) It is unheated because of the coal shortages.
(c) It is held in the terminal beneath the statue of Nathaniel Taggart.
(d) It gives complete control of Taggart Transcontinental to the government.
3. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Francisco d'Anconia
(b) Henry Rearden
(c) Dwight Sanders
(d) Eddie Willers
4. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
(a) She fakes a plane crash in Nebraska.
(b) She notifies the press in Nebraska.
(c) She takes out an ad in the New York papers.
(d) She goes on the radio to announce that she is all right.
5. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) They vote her in as President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(b) They all buy stock in the John Galt Line.
(c) They line the route with guns to protect the train.
(d) They give a banquet in her honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
2. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
3. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
4. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
5. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)