|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Assistant Editor of
(b) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(c) Secretary of the Interior
(d) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
2. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
(a) Dagny has fallen in love with John Galt.
(b) Dagny is infatuated with Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
(c) Dagny wants to return to Francisco now that she understands him.
(d) Dagny can no longer let Hank cheat on Lillian.
3. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
(a) The noise of a rock concert.
(b) The need for greater and greater weapons.
(c) The atomic bomb.
(d) The power of industrialists to destroy the world.
4. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) Who cares?
(b) An advertising gimmick.
(c) We are.
(d) I'll never tell.
5. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(b) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(c) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
(d) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
2. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
3. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
4. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
5. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)