|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
(a) Dagny can no longer let Hank cheat on Lillian.
(b) Dagny is infatuated with Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
(c) Dagny has fallen in love with John Galt.
(d) Dagny wants to return to Francisco now that she understands him.
2. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) We are.
(b) Who cares?
(c) An advertising gimmick.
(d) I'll never tell.
3. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
(a) It is unheated because of the coal shortages.
(b) It is held in the terminal beneath the statue of Nathaniel Taggart.
(c) It gives complete control of Taggart Transcontinental to the government.
(d) It is in Dagny's office.
4. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) Cheyenne, Wyoming
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) New York, NY
(d) Denver, Colorado
5. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
(a) John Galt has been eaten by vultures and is dead.
(b) John Galt believes the total end is near for all mankind.
(c) John Galt invented fire.
(d) John Galt is a Prometheus who changed his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
2. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
3. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
4. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
5. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)