|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
(a) John Galt believes the total end is near for all mankind.
(b) John Galt has been eaten by vultures and is dead.
(c) John Galt is a Prometheus who changed his mind.
(d) John Galt invented fire.
2. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
(a) It defines the limits of a Cold War.
(b) It takes away material things and destroys the world that capitalism has built.
(c) It shows that absolute power is good for the people in general.
(d) It shows how powerful communism is and there is no way to defeat it.
3. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
(a) It is held in the terminal beneath the statue of Nathaniel Taggart.
(b) It is unheated because of the coal shortages.
(c) It is in Dagny's office.
(d) It gives complete control of Taggart Transcontinental to the government.
4. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
(a) Recalling all the copper shipped before d'Anconia ships were sunk.
(b) Melting down pennies and ordering blackouts.
(c) Limiting elevators from going higher than the 25th floor of a building.
(d) Using zinc and wind power.
5. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
(a) She tells how government blackmail over her affair with Hank caused him to sign over Rearden Metal.
(b) She says that Business Unification was responsible for blowing up Wyatt oil fields.
(c) She says that Hank's signature on the gift of Rearden Metal was forged.
(d) She says that Lillian was having an affair with Wesley Mouch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
2. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
3. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
4. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
5. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)