|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
(a) People have to wait for needed food to arrive.
(b) Produce from the West coast is held up for 3 days and everything spoils.
(c) Project X has to be put on hold.
(d) Rearden Metal wins the contract to ship the steel.
2. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Francisco d'Anconia
(b) Henry Rearden
(c) Dwight Sanders
(d) Eddie Willers
3. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
(a) The noise of a rock concert.
(b) The power of industrialists to destroy the world.
(c) The atomic bomb.
(d) The need for greater and greater weapons.
4. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
(b) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(c) Secretary of the Interior
(d) Assistant Editor of
5. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
(a) She goes on the radio to announce that she is all right.
(b) She fakes a plane crash in Nebraska.
(c) She takes out an ad in the New York papers.
(d) She notifies the press in Nebraska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
2. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
3. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
4. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
5. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)