|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
(a) She notifies the press in Nebraska.
(b) She takes out an ad in the New York papers.
(c) She goes on the radio to announce that she is all right.
(d) She fakes a plane crash in Nebraska.
2. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
(a) Iron mines and jewelry manufacturing
(b) Train engines and coal mines
(c) Copper mines and coal mines
(d) Copper mines and freight companies
3. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(b) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(c) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
(d) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
4. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
(a) John Galt is a Prometheus who changed his mind.
(b) John Galt has been eaten by vultures and is dead.
(c) John Galt invented fire.
(d) John Galt believes the total end is near for all mankind.
5. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) They vote her in as President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(b) They give a banquet in her honor.
(c) They all buy stock in the John Galt Line.
(d) They line the route with guns to protect the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
2. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
3. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
4. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
5. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)