|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
(a) The need for greater and greater weapons.
(b) The noise of a rock concert.
(c) The power of industrialists to destroy the world.
(d) The atomic bomb.
2. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
(a) She fakes a plane crash in Nebraska.
(b) She takes out an ad in the New York papers.
(c) She goes on the radio to announce that she is all right.
(d) She notifies the press in Nebraska.
3. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) Who cares?
(b) An advertising gimmick.
(c) We are.
(d) I'll never tell.
4. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
(a) Dagny wants to return to Francisco now that she understands him.
(b) Dagny can no longer let Hank cheat on Lillian.
(c) Dagny has fallen in love with John Galt.
(d) Dagny is infatuated with Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
5. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
(a) Produce from the West coast is held up for 3 days and everything spoils.
(b) People have to wait for needed food to arrive.
(c) Rearden Metal wins the contract to ship the steel.
(d) Project X has to be put on hold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
2. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
3. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
4. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
5. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)