|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) Cheyenne, Wyoming
(b) Denver, Colorado
(c) Washington, D. C.
(d) New York, NY
2. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) An advertising gimmick.
(b) Who cares?
(c) I'll never tell.
(d) We are.
3. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
(a) Copper mines and freight companies
(b) Train engines and coal mines
(c) Iron mines and jewelry manufacturing
(d) Copper mines and coal mines
4. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
(a) Dagny has fallen in love with John Galt.
(b) Dagny wants to return to Francisco now that she understands him.
(c) Dagny can no longer let Hank cheat on Lillian.
(d) Dagny is infatuated with Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
5. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
(a) He heard something different in her voice on the radio.
(b) John Galt came and told him.
(c) During the radio show she had only used past tense.
(d) Francisco sent him a telegram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
2. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
3. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
4. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
5. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)