|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
(a) The bridge on the Galt Line is blown up.
(b) Danagger Coal cannot supply coal for the trains because its shipment goes to England.
(c) Danagger refuses to supply coal if it will help Rearden.
(d) The coal miners all go on strike for higher wages.
2. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) New York, NY
(b) Denver, Colorado
(c) Cheyenne, Wyoming
(d) Washington, D. C.
3. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
(a) Dagny can no longer let Hank cheat on Lillian.
(b) Dagny wants to return to Francisco now that she understands him.
(c) Dagny has fallen in love with John Galt.
(d) Dagny is infatuated with Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
4. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
(a) John Galt is a Prometheus who changed his mind.
(b) John Galt has been eaten by vultures and is dead.
(c) John Galt believes the total end is near for all mankind.
(d) John Galt invented fire.
5. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(b) Secretary of the Interior
(c) Assistant Editor of
(d) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
2. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
3. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
4. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
5. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)