|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
(a) Rearden Metal wins the contract to ship the steel.
(b) Produce from the West coast is held up for 3 days and everything spoils.
(c) Project X has to be put on hold.
(d) People have to wait for needed food to arrive.
2. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) They give a banquet in her honor.
(b) They line the route with guns to protect the train.
(c) They vote her in as President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(d) They all buy stock in the John Galt Line.
3. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
(a) It is held in the terminal beneath the statue of Nathaniel Taggart.
(b) It is unheated because of the coal shortages.
(c) It gives complete control of Taggart Transcontinental to the government.
(d) It is in Dagny's office.
4. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
(a) She fakes a plane crash in Nebraska.
(b) She takes out an ad in the New York papers.
(c) She notifies the press in Nebraska.
(d) She goes on the radio to announce that she is all right.
5. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(b) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
(c) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(d) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
2. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
3. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
4. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
5. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)