|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
(a) Dagny is infatuated with Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
(b) Dagny wants to return to Francisco now that she understands him.
(c) Dagny has fallen in love with John Galt.
(d) Dagny can no longer let Hank cheat on Lillian.
2. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) Who cares?
(b) I'll never tell.
(c) We are.
(d) An advertising gimmick.
3. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
(a) It is held in the terminal beneath the statue of Nathaniel Taggart.
(b) It gives complete control of Taggart Transcontinental to the government.
(c) It is unheated because of the coal shortages.
(d) It is in Dagny's office.
4. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
(a) Francisco sent him a telegram.
(b) John Galt came and told him.
(c) During the radio show she had only used past tense.
(d) He heard something different in her voice on the radio.
5. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
(a) Rearden Metal wins the contract to ship the steel.
(b) People have to wait for needed food to arrive.
(c) Project X has to be put on hold.
(d) Produce from the West coast is held up for 3 days and everything spoils.
Short Answer Questions
1. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
2. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
3. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
4. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
5. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)