|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) Denver, Colorado
(b) New York, NY
(c) Cheyenne, Wyoming
(d) Washington, D. C.
2. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) They vote her in as President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(b) They all buy stock in the John Galt Line.
(c) They give a banquet in her honor.
(d) They line the route with guns to protect the train.
3. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) Who cares?
(b) We are.
(c) An advertising gimmick.
(d) I'll never tell.
4. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(b) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
(c) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(d) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
5. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
(a) Dagny is infatuated with Ragnar Danneskjtzld.
(b) Dagny has fallen in love with John Galt.
(c) Dagny can no longer let Hank cheat on Lillian.
(d) Dagny wants to return to Francisco now that she understands him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
2. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
3. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
4. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
5. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)