|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
(a) John Galt is a Prometheus who changed his mind.
(b) John Galt invented fire.
(c) John Galt has been eaten by vultures and is dead.
(d) John Galt believes the total end is near for all mankind.
2. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
(a) Recalling all the copper shipped before d'Anconia ships were sunk.
(b) Using zinc and wind power.
(c) Limiting elevators from going higher than the 25th floor of a building.
(d) Melting down pennies and ordering blackouts.
3. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
(b) Assistant Editor of
(c) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(d) Secretary of the Interior
4. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) They vote her in as President of Taggart Transcontinental.
(b) They line the route with guns to protect the train.
(c) They all buy stock in the John Galt Line.
(d) They give a banquet in her honor.
5. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
(a) Francisco sent him a telegram.
(b) During the radio show she had only used past tense.
(c) He heard something different in her voice on the radio.
(d) John Galt came and told him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
2. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
3. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
4. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
5. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)