|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) Washington, D. C.
(b) New York, NY
(c) Denver, Colorado
(d) Cheyenne, Wyoming
2. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
(a) Francisco sent him a telegram.
(b) During the radio show she had only used past tense.
(c) John Galt came and told him.
(d) He heard something different in her voice on the radio.
3. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
(b) Assistant Editor of
(c) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(d) Secretary of the Interior
4. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
(b) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(c) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
(d) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
5. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
(a) Train engines and coal mines
(b) Copper mines and freight companies
(c) Iron mines and jewelry manufacturing
(d) Copper mines and coal mines
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
2. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
3. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
4. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
5. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)