|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) Cheyenne, Wyoming
(b) Washington, D. C.
(c) Denver, Colorado
(d) New York, NY
2. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Henry Rearden
(b) Francisco d'Anconia
(c) Eddie Willers
(d) Dwight Sanders
3. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
(a) Recalling all the copper shipped before d'Anconia ships were sunk.
(b) Using zinc and wind power.
(c) Melting down pennies and ordering blackouts.
(d) Limiting elevators from going higher than the 25th floor of a building.
4. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
(b) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(c) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(d) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
5. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
(a) She takes out an ad in the New York papers.
(b) She goes on the radio to announce that she is all right.
(c) She fakes a plane crash in Nebraska.
(d) She notifies the press in Nebraska.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
2. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
3. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
4. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
5. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)