|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
(a) John Galt believes the total end is near for all mankind.
(b) John Galt invented fire.
(c) John Galt has been eaten by vultures and is dead.
(d) John Galt is a Prometheus who changed his mind.
2. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) I'll never tell.
(b) An advertising gimmick.
(c) Who cares?
(d) We are.
3. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
(a) Copper mines and freight companies
(b) Copper mines and coal mines
(c) Train engines and coal mines
(d) Iron mines and jewelry manufacturing
4. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Secretary of the Interior
(b) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(c) Assistant Editor of
(d) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
5. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(b) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
(c) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(d) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
2. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
3. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
4. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
5. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)