|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
(a) John Galt invented fire.
(b) John Galt is a Prometheus who changed his mind.
(c) John Galt believes the total end is near for all mankind.
(d) John Galt has been eaten by vultures and is dead.
2. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
(a) She tells how government blackmail over her affair with Hank caused him to sign over Rearden Metal.
(b) She says that Business Unification was responsible for blowing up Wyatt oil fields.
(c) She says that Lillian was having an affair with Wesley Mouch.
(d) She says that Hank's signature on the gift of Rearden Metal was forged.
3. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
(a) Train engines and coal mines
(b) Copper mines and coal mines
(c) Copper mines and freight companies
(d) Iron mines and jewelry manufacturing
4. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Francisco d'Anconia
(b) Henry Rearden
(c) Eddie Willers
(d) Dwight Sanders
5. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
(b) Assistant Editor of
(c) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
(d) Secretary of the Interior
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
2. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
3. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
4. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
5. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)