|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) Cheyenne, Wyoming
(b) Denver, Colorado
(c) Washington, D. C.
(d) New York, NY
2. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
(a) John Galt is a Prometheus who changed his mind.
(b) John Galt invented fire.
(c) John Galt believes the total end is near for all mankind.
(d) John Galt has been eaten by vultures and is dead.
3. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
(a) It shows that absolute power is good for the people in general.
(b) It defines the limits of a Cold War.
(c) It takes away material things and destroys the world that capitalism has built.
(d) It shows how powerful communism is and there is no way to defeat it.
4. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(b) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(c) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
(d) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
5. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
(a) Using zinc and wind power.
(b) Recalling all the copper shipped before d'Anconia ships were sunk.
(c) Melting down pennies and ordering blackouts.
(d) Limiting elevators from going higher than the 25th floor of a building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
2. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
3. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
4. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
5. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)