|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
(a) Produce from the West coast is held up for 3 days and everything spoils.
(b) Project X has to be put on hold.
(c) Rearden Metal wins the contract to ship the steel.
(d) People have to wait for needed food to arrive.
2. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
(a) Train engines and coal mines
(b) Copper mines and coal mines
(c) Copper mines and freight companies
(d) Iron mines and jewelry manufacturing
3. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
(a) During the radio show she had only used past tense.
(b) John Galt came and told him.
(c) Francisco sent him a telegram.
(d) He heard something different in her voice on the radio.
4. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Assistant Editor of
(b) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
(c) Secretary of the Interior
(d) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
5. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
(a) It gives complete control of Taggart Transcontinental to the government.
(b) It is in Dagny's office.
(c) It is held in the terminal beneath the statue of Nathaniel Taggart.
(d) It is unheated because of the coal shortages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
2. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
3. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
4. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
5. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)