|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rearden sell off after the bill banning people from owning multiple businesses is passed?
(a) Iron mines and jewelry manufacturing
(b) Copper mines and freight companies
(c) Train engines and coal mines
(d) Copper mines and coal mines
2. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
(a) Using zinc and wind power.
(b) Recalling all the copper shipped before d'Anconia ships were sunk.
(c) Melting down pennies and ordering blackouts.
(d) Limiting elevators from going higher than the 25th floor of a building.
3. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) New York, NY
(b) Cheyenne, Wyoming
(c) Denver, Colorado
(d) Washington, D. C.
4. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
(a) Francisco sent him a telegram.
(b) John Galt came and told him.
(c) He heard something different in her voice on the radio.
(d) During the radio show she had only used past tense.
5. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
(a) It shows how powerful communism is and there is no way to defeat it.
(b) It takes away material things and destroys the world that capitalism has built.
(c) It shows that absolute power is good for the people in general.
(d) It defines the limits of a Cold War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
2. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
3. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
4. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
5. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)