|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
(a) It takes away material things and destroys the world that capitalism has built.
(b) It shows that absolute power is good for the people in general.
(c) It shows how powerful communism is and there is no way to defeat it.
(d) It defines the limits of a Cold War.
2. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) Who cares?
(b) An advertising gimmick.
(c) I'll never tell.
(d) We are.
3. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
(a) Rearden Metal wins the contract to ship the steel.
(b) Produce from the West coast is held up for 3 days and everything spoils.
(c) Project X has to be put on hold.
(d) People have to wait for needed food to arrive.
4. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
(b) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
(c) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(d) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
5. What is the obvious symbolism of the Project X machine that is so destructive.
(a) The noise of a rock concert.
(b) The atomic bomb.
(c) The need for greater and greater weapons.
(d) The power of industrialists to destroy the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
2. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
3. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
4. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
5. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)