|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) An advertising gimmick.
(b) I'll never tell.
(c) Who cares?
(d) We are.
2. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(b) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(c) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
(d) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
3. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
(a) It is held in the terminal beneath the statue of Nathaniel Taggart.
(b) It is in Dagny's office.
(c) It is unheated because of the coal shortages.
(d) It gives complete control of Taggart Transcontinental to the government.
4. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
(a) The bridge on the Galt Line is blown up.
(b) Danagger refuses to supply coal if it will help Rearden.
(c) The coal miners all go on strike for higher wages.
(d) Danagger Coal cannot supply coal for the trains because its shipment goes to England.
5. How does Dagny let it be known that she is back after her plane crashed?
(a) She fakes a plane crash in Nebraska.
(b) She takes out an ad in the New York papers.
(c) She goes on the radio to announce that she is all right.
(d) She notifies the press in Nebraska.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
2. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
3. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
4. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
5. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)