|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
(a) It is held in the terminal beneath the statue of Nathaniel Taggart.
(b) It is unheated because of the coal shortages.
(c) It gives complete control of Taggart Transcontinental to the government.
(d) It is in Dagny's office.
2. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
(a) The coal miners all go on strike for higher wages.
(b) The bridge on the Galt Line is blown up.
(c) Danagger Coal cannot supply coal for the trains because its shipment goes to England.
(d) Danagger refuses to supply coal if it will help Rearden.
3. How did Hank know that their affair was over before Dagny told him.
(a) Francisco sent him a telegram.
(b) During the radio show she had only used past tense.
(c) John Galt came and told him.
(d) He heard something different in her voice on the radio.
4. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(b) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
(c) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(d) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
5. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
(a) I'll never tell.
(b) We are.
(c) Who cares?
(d) An advertising gimmick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the government plan to conserve copper and electricity?
2. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
3. Hank realizes that their affair is over. What ended it?
4. On a radio program what does Dagny say that causes the program to go suddenly off the air?
5. How is Project X, a weapon of mass murder, define Rand's view of communism?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)