|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 3 "Anti-Greed".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Taggart Transcontinental from meeting Rearden's deadline for delivering steel?
(a) Danagger refuses to supply coal if it will help Rearden.
(b) Danagger Coal cannot supply coal for the trains because its shipment goes to England.
(c) The coal miners all go on strike for higher wages.
(d) The bridge on the Galt Line is blown up.
2. What is Mouch's new job after he resigns as Rearden's Washington lobbyist?
(a) Assistant Editor of
(b) Secretary of the Interior
(c) Vice President of Taggart Transcontinental
(d) Assistant Coordinator of the Bureau of Economic Planning and National Resources
3. What sarcastic comment does Dagny make to James Taggart and Wesley Mouch?
(a) Which one of you is planning to rob a bank?
(b) You tell me how to run a train on bad rails.
(c) What's the point in running a business if there is no profit?
(d) Got what you've been asking for, all these years, gentlemen?
4. Where does Dagny plan to start the first run of the John Galt Line?
(a) Denver, Colorado
(b) New York, NY
(c) Washington, D. C.
(d) Cheyenne, Wyoming
5. Who is planning to build diesel engines for Taggart Transcontinental?
(a) Dwight Sanders
(b) Eddie Willers
(c) Francisco d'Anconia
(d) Henry Rearden
Short Answer Questions
1. What show of support does Dagny get from employees of Taggart Transcontinental?
2. What is the result of the government's decision to divert coal to the People's Republic of England?
3. When a reporter asks Dagny, "Who is John Galt?" what is her answer?
4. When the Taggart board and the Washington influence peddlers meet, what is the irony of their meeting place?
5. What is the comparison Francisco makes between John Galt and Prometheus?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)