|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barnabas do when he sees Tim after being separated from him?
2. Who steals Barnabas?
3. Who is allowed to attend Easter Mass?
4. Who does Andrew Gregory allow to care for the antique shop?
5. What does Tim find in the church attic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tim amazed by Sadie's love story?
2. What do we know about Andrew Gregory?
3. Do you think it is a good thing that Dooley goes to Meadowgate for summer vacation? Why or why not?
4. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
5. Why do you think Tim is ignoring the doctor's directions to eat well and exercise?
6. How are readers introduced to George Gaynor?
7. What is Tim's response to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady?
8. What does the bishop tell Tim he should do near the end of the book? Why do you think he tells Tim this?
9. Describe the scene in the hospital after Joe is shot.
10. Ron Malcolm takes off his shoes and gives them to George Gaynor. Why does he do this? What does this represent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe an instance of situational irony in Karon's book. Why would she have included this? What does it add to the overall effect of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe an ethical dilemma Karon presents in her book. What are the circumstances of this dilemma? How is it ultimately resolved? Would you have resolved it differently?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two main characters, and describe the personal changes each character went through over the course of Karon's story. What caused these changes to occur?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)