|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Barnabas spotted after he is stolen?
(a) In the back of a truck.
(b) On TV.
(c) Tied up at a shack in the woods.
(d) In a basement.
2. What happened to the Episcopal Church?
(a) It was abandoned.
(b) It flourished and grew.
(c) It was turned into retail space.
(d) It burned.
3. Who takes Tim to the airport?
4. Who wonders if Tim is angry with her at the end of Chapter 16?
5. Who do Cynthia and Tim run into after dinner?
(a) Emma and Harold.
(b) Dooley and Barnabas.
(d) Miss Rose and Uncle Billy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tim worried about his relationship with Cynthia?
2. What is Tim sure he can smell in the church when he is there alone at night?
3. Where does Puny meet Joe's family?
4. Where does Tim baptize George Gaynor?
5. How are Olivia and Sadie related?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tim amazed by Sadie's love story?
2. What is Tim's response to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady?
3. How does the loss of Barnabas bring Dooley and Tim closer together?
4. What inscription has Willard carved into the Porter House? Why is this significant?
5. How are readers introduced to George Gaynor?
6. Why do you think Tim is ignoring the doctor's directions to eat well and exercise?
7. Describe the character of Homeless Hobbes.
8. What is strange about Tim's visit to the church one evening when he is all alone?
9. How does Barnabas go missing?
10. Explain the symbolic meaning of the death bell at the church.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)