|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the cafeteria at Dooley's school?
(a) An awards presentation.
(b) A food fight.
(c) He slips and falls.
(d) A talent show.
2. Where do Miss Rose and Uncle Billy move to?
(c) Tim's home.
(d) An apartment.
3. Where is Tim helping Cynthia when he hears Barnabas' bark?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In her garden.
(c) At the church.
(d) In the garage.
4. What color are the mountains of North Carolina, according to Tim?
5. Who does Andrew Gregory allow to care for the antique shop?
(a) Joe Guthrie.
(d) Marcie Guthrie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Willard make all of his money?
2. Why is Tim worried about his relationship with Cynthia?
3. What is Tim sure he can smell in the church when he is there alone at night?
4. What do Cynthia and Tim do together after Tim returns from the hospital?
5. What does Tim find in the church attic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the dynamics of Olivia and Hoppy's relationship in Chapters 13-16.
2. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
3. Why does Dooley get into a food fight? Why isn't Tim more upset about it?
4. Describe the events of the evening leading up to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady.
5. Describe the scene in the hospital after Joe is shot.
6. What do we know about Andrew Gregory?
7. Describe the character of Homeless Hobbes.
8. Why do you think Tim is ignoring the doctor's directions to eat well and exercise?
9. Why does Cynthia think Tim is angry with her?
10. Do you think it is a good thing that Dooley goes to Meadowgate for summer vacation? Why or why not?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)