|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Tim and Cynthia have a picnic?
(a) At the church.
(b) On the beach.
(c) Baxter Park.
(d) In Cynthia's yard.
2. Who do Cynthia and Tim run into after dinner?
(a) Emma and Harold.
(b) Dooley and Barnabas.
(d) Miss Rose and Uncle Billy.
3. With whom is Russell Jacks staying after his illness?
(a) Harold Newland.
(c) Hoppy Harper.
(d) Betty Craig.
4. What kind of car does Andrew Gregory drive?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A Mercedes.
(c) A BMW.
(d) A Hummer.
5. What does Tim see on Cynthia's roof?
(a) An opossum.
(b) Her cat.
(d) A snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom has Tim devoted his life to, up until this point?
2. What does Tim find in the church attic?
3. Where is Tim helping Cynthia when he hears Barnabas' bark?
4. What does Cynthia ask Tim to pray for after he invites her to lunch?
5. Why isn't the bishop happy with Tim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hobbes is homeless, yet decides to give his reward money to the poor, who live in the woods. How do you explain his attitude?
2. When visiting Russell Jacks, Tim remarks that "the man has seemingly turned into an older version of Dooley." What does Tim mean by this comment?
3. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
4. How does Barnabas go missing?
5. What is strange about Tim's visit to the church one evening when he is all alone?
6. What inscription has Willard carved into the Porter House? Why is this significant?
7. Prior to Tim going into the hospital, what specific stressors was he facing?
8. Describe the character of Homeless Hobbes.
9. Explain the dynamics of Olivia and Hoppy's relationship in Chapters 13-16.
10. What does the bishop tell Tim he should do near the end of the book? Why do you think he tells Tim this?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)