|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tim's reaction to the bishop's orders?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He cries.
(c) He is surprised.
(d) He becomes angry.
2. What does Tim plan to do with his cousin?
(a) Take a trip to London.
(b) Take a trip to California.
(c) Take a trip to India.
(d) Take a trip to Ireland.
3. Where does Sadie want to build the retirement home?
(a) On the site of the old Lord's Chapel.
(b) On the lake.
(c) On her own land.
(d) In the mountains.
4. Who returns to Mitford to live with Sadie?
5. What kind of plane does Tim take on his trip?
(a) Propellor plane.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) A 100-seater.
(d) It is unclear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the Episcopal Church?
2. What happens in the cafeteria at Dooley's school?
3. Who steals Barnabas?
4. What is Tim sure he can smell in the church when he is there alone at night?
5. Who wonders if Tim is angry with her at the end of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Homeless Hobbes.
2. What is Tim's response to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady?
3. Ron Malcolm takes off his shoes and gives them to George Gaynor. Why does he do this? What does this represent?
4. Why does Dooley get into a food fight? Why isn't Tim more upset about it?
5. When the townspeople commented on Tim's sickly look, what do you think Karon wanted her readers to think about Tim's health?
6. How does Tim feel as he leaves for his trip?
7. Which is your favorite character in this book? Which is your least favorite character in this book? Why?
8. What is strange about Tim's visit to the church one evening when he is all alone?
9. How does Barnabas go missing?
10. How are readers introduced to George Gaynor?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)