|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't the bishop happy with Tim?
(a) Tim has not been returning the bishop's phone calls.
(b) Tim hasn't been visiting parishioners in the hospital.
(c) Tim is not yet married.
(d) Tim has not been taking care of himself.
2. Who ends up deeding her house to the town?
(c) Miss Rose.
3. What does the bishop tell Tim he must do for two months?
(a) Live at the church.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Pray and fast.
(d) Live at the hospital.
4. Who takes Olivia to the hospital when she is ill?
5. Where are the three church bells being repaired?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hiding in the church attic?
2. Where does Puny meet Joe's family?
3. What is Tim sure he can smell in the church when he is there alone at night?
4. What does Tim find in the church attic?
5. What does Tim discover in the playroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in the hospital after Joe is shot.
2. Explain the symbolic meaning of the death bell at the church.
3. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
4. Prior to Tim going into the hospital, what specific stressors was he facing?
5. What does the bishop tell Tim he should do near the end of the book? Why do you think he tells Tim this?
6. Why does Dooley get into a food fight? Why isn't Tim more upset about it?
7. Which is your favorite character in this book? Which is your least favorite character in this book? Why?
8. Explain the dynamics of Olivia and Hoppy's relationship in Chapters 13-16.
9. How does the loss of Barnabas bring Dooley and Tim closer together?
10. Why is Tim amazed by Sadie's love story?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)