|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are the mountains of North Carolina, according to Tim?
2. Who does Russell Jacks remind Tim of?
(c) George Gaynor.
3. Who is allowed to attend Easter Mass?
(a) No one.
(b) George Gaynor.
4. Where does Sadie want to build the retirement home?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) On her own land.
(c) On the site of the old Lord's Chapel.
(d) On the lake.
5. Who takes Olivia to the hospital when she is ill?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who removes his shoes and gives them to Gaynor?
2. Where do Tim and his friend sit to discuss whether he is angry with her?
3. Where are the three church bells being repaired?
4. Why is Tim afraid of going steady with Cynthia?
5. What does Barnabas do when he sees Tim after being separated from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
2. What inscription has Willard carved into the Porter House? Why is this significant?
3. Who is Sadie's long-lost relative? How do readers find out about this?
4. Describe the character of Homeless Hobbes.
5. Why does Cynthia think Tim is angry with her?
6. When the townspeople commented on Tim's sickly look, what do you think Karon wanted her readers to think about Tim's health?
7. Describe the events of the evening leading up to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady.
8. Explain the symbolic meaning of the death bell at the church.
9. Explain the dynamics of Olivia and Hoppy's relationship in Chapters 13-16.
10. When visiting Russell Jacks, Tim remarks that "the man has seemingly turned into an older version of Dooley." What does Tim mean by this comment?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)