|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Tim to tell him Olivia will be getting a heart transplant?
2. Who do Cynthia and Tim run into after dinner?
(a) Emma and Harold.
(c) Miss Rose and Uncle Billy.
(d) Dooley and Barnabas.
3. Who is hiding in the church attic?
(b) George Gaynor.
(c) Harold Newland.
(d) Homeless Hobbes.
4. What is the inscription that Willard carves in the Porter House?
(a) Always and Forever.
(b) Willard and Sadie Forever.
(c) Forbidden Love.
(d) Winterpast and the Song of Solomon.
5. What startles Tim in the middle of the night?
(a) The telephone.
(b) A helicopter.
(c) Fire trucks.
(d) His alarm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people around Tim comment on when they see him in Chapter 20?
2. Where did Sadie grow up?
3. What does Tim eat in his kitchen right before fainting?
4. To whom has Tim devoted his life to, up until this point?
5. Who is shot while staking out the house where Barnabas is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are readers introduced to George Gaynor?
2. Hobbes is homeless, yet decides to give his reward money to the poor, who live in the woods. How do you explain his attitude?
3. How does Tim feel as he leaves for his trip?
4. Do you think it is a good thing that Dooley goes to Meadowgate for summer vacation? Why or why not?
5. How do Tim and Cynthia part at the end of the book?
6. Describe the events of the evening leading up to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady.
7. Prior to Tim going into the hospital, what specific stressors was he facing?
8. Ron Malcolm takes off his shoes and gives them to George Gaynor. Why does he do this? What does this represent?
9. How does Tim end up in the hospital?
10. Describe the scene in the hospital after Joe is shot.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)