|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cynthia say she likes about Tim?
(a) He is romantic.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His characteristics.
2. What does Cynthia make for Dooley?
(a) A painting.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A mole made of gingerbread.
3. Where did Sadie grow up?
(a) Raleigh, North Carolina.
(c) In Mitford.
4. Where do Tim and his friend sit to discuss whether he is angry with her?
(a) The sanctuary.
(b) The park.
(c) Tim's office.
(d) The garden.
5. What does the bishop tell Tim he must do for two months?
(a) Live at the hospital.
(b) Pray and fast.
(c) Live at the church.
(d) Take a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to Mitford to live with Sadie?
2. Where are the three church bells being repaired?
3. What does Tim find in the church attic?
4. Where does Puny meet Joe's family?
5. Who wonders if Tim is angry with her at the end of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
2. What is strange about Tim's visit to the church one evening when he is all alone?
3. Explain the dynamics of Olivia and Hoppy's relationship in Chapters 13-16.
4. What is Tim's response to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady?
5. How does Tim feel as he leaves for his trip?
6. Why is Tim amazed by Sadie's love story?
7. Prior to Tim going into the hospital, what specific stressors was he facing?
8. How are readers introduced to George Gaynor?
9. Describe the scene in the hospital after Joe is shot.
10. Why do you think Tim is ignoring the doctor's directions to eat well and exercise?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)