|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andrew Gregory allow to care for the antique shop?
(a) Marcie Guthrie.
(b) Joe Guthrie.
2. Who once courted Sadie in public?
(b) Absalom Greer.
(d) No one.
3. What does Cynthia make for Dooley?
(a) A painting.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A mole made of gingerbread.
4. With whom is Russell Jacks staying after his illness?
(b) Hoppy Harper.
(c) Harold Newland.
(d) Betty Craig.
5. Who does Tim invite to attend a Sunday service after the baby is baptized?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tim worried about his relationship with Cynthia?
2. How does Tim feel, leaving for his trip?
3. What does Tim see on Cynthia's roof?
4. Why does Tim think Cynthia likes him?
5. Who donates their frequent flier miles to Tim?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the townspeople commented on Tim's sickly look, what do you think Karon wanted her readers to think about Tim's health?
2. Hobbes is homeless, yet decides to give his reward money to the poor, who live in the woods. How do you explain his attitude?
3. Who is Sadie's long-lost relative? How do readers find out about this?
4. Describe the events of the evening leading up to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady.
5. Explain the symbolic meaning of the death bell at the church.
6. How does Barnabas go missing?
7. Describe the calling of Absalom Greer.
8. Why does Cynthia think Tim is angry with her?
9. How does Tim feel as he leaves for his trip?
10. Ron Malcolm takes off his shoes and gives them to George Gaynor. Why does he do this? What does this represent?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)