|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tim think Cynthia likes him?
(a) He is well-liked.
(b) He has a lot of power.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He has no idea.
2. Who ends up deeding her house to the town?
(d) Miss Rose.
3. What does Tim find in the church attic?
(a) A wrapper for an Almond Joy.
(c) Some old clothes.
4. What kind of plane does Tim take on his trip?
(a) Propellor plane.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) A helicopter.
(d) A 100-seater.
5. Who does Russell Jacks remind Tim of?
(a) George Gaynor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tim's cousin's name?
2. Who takes Tim to the airport?
3. Where does Tim baptize George Gaynor?
4. What happens in the cafeteria at Dooley's school?
5. Where do Tim and Cynthia have a picnic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sadie's long-lost relative? How do readers find out about this?
2. Why does Dooley get into a food fight? Why isn't Tim more upset about it?
3. When the townspeople commented on Tim's sickly look, what do you think Karon wanted her readers to think about Tim's health?
4. How does the loss of Barnabas bring Dooley and Tim closer together?
5. Which is your favorite character in this book? Which is your least favorite character in this book? Why?
6. Explain the symbolic meaning of the death bell at the church.
7. When visiting Russell Jacks, Tim remarks that "the man has seemingly turned into an older version of Dooley." What does Tim mean by this comment?
8. What is Tim's response to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady?
9. Describe the calling of Absalom Greer.
10. What do we know about Andrew Gregory?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)