|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tim find in the church attic?
(a) A wrapper for an Almond Joy.
(d) Some old clothes.
2. Which character has a nightmare about Barnabas?
(a) Homeless Hobbes.
3. Who calls Tim to let him know that Olivia made it through the surgery?
4. What is Olivia's doctor's name at Mass General?
5. How long will Olivia have to remain in the hospital?
(a) Two years.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tim's reaction to the bishop's orders?
2. How did Willard make all of his money?
3. Who has a vision of angels at age fourteen?
4. Who is shot while staking out the house where Barnabas is?
5. What does Cynthia agree to do during Tim's trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Prior to Tim going into the hospital, what specific stressors was he facing?
2. Hobbes is homeless, yet decides to give his reward money to the poor, who live in the woods. How do you explain his attitude?
3. Why do you think Tim is ignoring the doctor's directions to eat well and exercise?
4. What is strange about Tim's visit to the church one evening when he is all alone?
5. Who is Sadie's long-lost relative? How do readers find out about this?
6. How are readers introduced to George Gaynor?
7. Explain the dynamics of Olivia and Hoppy's relationship in Chapters 13-16.
8. Do you think it is a good thing that Dooley goes to Meadowgate for summer vacation? Why or why not?
9. How does Tim end up in the hospital?
10. When visiting Russell Jacks, Tim remarks that "the man has seemingly turned into an older version of Dooley." What does Tim mean by this comment?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)