|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wonders if Tim is angry with her at the end of Chapter 16?
2. How does Tim react to the way his companion drives on the way to the airport?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He doesn't react at all.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He shouts and yells.
3. Where do Cynthia and Tim go for tea?
(a) The Grill.
(b) The Porter House.
(c) Tim's house.
(d) Cynthia's home.
4. Where did Willard and Sadie's father meet to talk?
(a) At Tim's house.
(b) At the Grill.
(c) At the Episcopal Church.
(d) At Sadie's home.
5. Who is allowed to attend Easter Mass?
(a) No one.
(b) George Gaynor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tim find his missing Bible?
2. What does Cynthia make for Dooley?
3. Why is Tim worried about his relationship with Cynthia?
4. Why does Tim think Cynthia likes him?
5. Where does Sadie want to build the retirement home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tim end up in the hospital?
2. What do we know about Andrew Gregory?
3. How does the loss of Barnabas bring Dooley and Tim closer together?
4. Who is Sadie's long-lost relative? How do readers find out about this?
5. Describe the events of the evening leading up to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady.
6. Explain the symbolic meaning of the death bell at the church.
7. Ron Malcolm takes off his shoes and gives them to George Gaynor. Why does he do this? What does this represent?
8. Prior to Tim going into the hospital, what specific stressors was he facing?
9. How are readers introduced to George Gaynor?
10. What does the bishop tell Tim he should do near the end of the book? Why do you think he tells Tim this?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)