|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tim give his life to at the end of the book?
2. Why is Tim afraid of going steady with Cynthia?
(a) He doesn't like her that much.
(b) Andrew might assault him.
(c) He is afraid to let anyone in.
(d) She might make fun of him.
3. Who calls Tim to let him know that Olivia made it through the surgery?
4. Why is Tim worried about his relationship with Cynthia?
(a) She secretly likes Andrew.
(b) He knows they don't belong together.
(c) He is worried he won't be able to change his life.
(d) He thinks Cynthia will change her mind.
5. Who once courted Sadie in public?
(a) Absalom Greer.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tim find in the church attic?
2. Where did Sadie grow up?
3. Who takes Tim to the airport?
4. What sort of coma does Tim have in the hospital?
5. Where is Tim helping Cynthia when he hears Barnabas' bark?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are readers introduced to George Gaynor?
2. Why is Tim amazed by Sadie's love story?
3. Ron Malcolm takes off his shoes and gives them to George Gaynor. Why does he do this? What does this represent?
4. How does Tim end up in the hospital?
5. Describe the calling of Absalom Greer.
6. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
7. Describe the scene in the hospital after Joe is shot.
8. Do you think it is a good thing that Dooley goes to Meadowgate for summer vacation? Why or why not?
9. Explain the dynamics of Olivia and Hoppy's relationship in Chapters 13-16.
10. How does Tim feel as he leaves for his trip?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)