|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police find in the church?
(c) The robbers.
2. Who is allowed to attend Easter Mass?
(a) George Gaynor.
(c) No one.
3. Who spots Barnabas after he is stolen?
(b) Homeless Hobbes.
(d) Joe Guthrie.
4. What does the bishop tell Tim he must do for two months?
(a) Pray and fast.
(b) Live at the hospital.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Live at the church.
5. Who ends up deeding her house to the town?
(d) Miss Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Tim and his friend sit to discuss whether he is angry with her?
2. Who donates their frequent flier miles to Tim?
3. Why did Tim go so many years without driving?
4. What do Cynthia and Tim do together after Tim returns from the hospital?
5. What does Cynthia ask Tim to pray for after he invites her to lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ron Malcolm takes off his shoes and gives them to George Gaynor. Why does he do this? What does this represent?
2. Describe the calling of Absalom Greer.
3. Hobbes is homeless, yet decides to give his reward money to the poor, who live in the woods. How do you explain his attitude?
4. How does Barnabas go missing?
5. What is Tim's response to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady?
6. Why do you think Tim is ignoring the doctor's directions to eat well and exercise?
7. Why does Dooley get into a food fight? Why isn't Tim more upset about it?
8. Who is Sadie's long-lost relative? How do readers find out about this?
9. How does Tim feel as he leaves for his trip?
10. How does Tim end up in the hospital?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)