|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is allowed to attend Easter Mass?
(c) No one.
(d) George Gaynor.
2. Where does Tim baptize George Gaynor?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In the lake.
(c) On the altar.
(d) In the police station.
3. Where do Tim and his friend sit to discuss whether he is angry with her?
(a) The sanctuary.
(b) The garden.
(c) The park.
(d) Tim's office.
4. What does the bishop tell Tim he must do for two months?
(a) Live at the church.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Live at the hospital.
(d) Pray and fast.
5. Who steals Barnabas?
(b) No one; he ran away.
(d) A man in a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tim discover in the playroom?
2. What does Tim plan to do with his cousin?
3. Where is Dooley when Tim calls him to let him know about Olivia?
4. How does Tim feel, leaving for his trip?
5. Who has won Puny's heart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we know about Andrew Gregory?
2. Ron Malcolm takes off his shoes and gives them to George Gaynor. Why does he do this? What does this represent?
3. Why do you think Tim is ignoring the doctor's directions to eat well and exercise?
4. What is Tim's response to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady?
5. How does Tim end up in the hospital?
6. Describe the events of the evening leading up to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady.
7. What inscription has Willard carved into the Porter House? Why is this significant?
8. Explain the symbolic meaning of the death bell at the church.
9. When visiting Russell Jacks, Tim remarks that "the man has seemingly turned into an older version of Dooley." What does Tim mean by this comment?
10. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)