|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tim's bishop?
2. How does Tim feel, leaving for his trip?
3. What is Tim's cousin's name?
4. What does Tim eat in his kitchen right before fainting?
(a) Peanut butter sandwiches.
(b) Fruit salad.
(c) An orange marmalade cake.
(d) Fish stew.
5. How does Tim react to the way his companion drives on the way to the airport?
(a) He shouts and yells.
(b) He doesn't react at all.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to Mitford to live with Sadie?
2. Who removes his shoes and gives them to Gaynor?
3. Which bell is the only one that remains at the church?
4. What does Tim discover in the playroom?
5. Who spots Barnabas after he is stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sadie's long-lost relative? How do readers find out about this?
2. Why do you think Tim is ignoring the doctor's directions to eat well and exercise?
3. Explain the symbolic meaning of the death bell at the church.
4. Describe the calling of Absalom Greer.
5. How are readers introduced to George Gaynor?
6. Why is Tim amazed by Sadie's love story?
7. Which is your favorite character in this book? Which is your least favorite character in this book? Why?
8. What does the bishop tell Tim he should do near the end of the book? Why do you think he tells Tim this?
9. Why does Cynthia think Tim is angry with her?
10. When visiting Russell Jacks, Tim remarks that "the man has seemingly turned into an older version of Dooley." What does Tim mean by this comment?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)