|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the Episcopal Church?
(a) It burned.
(b) It flourished and grew.
(c) It was turned into retail space.
(d) It was abandoned.
2. What is Tim's diagnosis after his trip to the hospital?
(b) He is insulin dependent.
(c) Brain cancer.
3. Who once courted Sadie in public?
(a) Absalom Greer.
(b) No one.
4. Why is Olivia upset when she meets Tim at the Grill?
(a) She wants to ask Hoppy to marry her.
(b) She can't remember Hoppy's name.
(c) Hoppy will not talk to her.
(d) She broke a date with Hoppy.
5. How long will Olivia have to remain in the hospital?
(a) Two years.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) It is unclear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a vision of angels at age fourteen?
2. What does Cynthia bring over to Tim's house to eat?
3. What does Tim see on Cynthia's roof?
4. Where does Tim baptize George Gaynor?
5. What is the name of Tim's bishop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think it is a good thing that Dooley goes to Meadowgate for summer vacation? Why or why not?
2. What is Tim's response to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady?
3. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
4. Describe the calling of Absalom Greer.
5. How does Barnabas go missing?
6. Describe the events of the evening leading up to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady.
7. How are readers introduced to George Gaynor?
8. Why does Cynthia think Tim is angry with her?
9. How does the loss of Barnabas bring Dooley and Tim closer together?
10. Explain the dynamics of Olivia and Hoppy's relationship in Chapters 13-16.
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)