|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has won Puny's heart?
(a) Joe Guthrie.
(b) Harold Newland.
(c) Homeless Hobbes.
(d) George Gaynor.
2. Where does Sadie want to build the retirement home?
(a) On the lake.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) On the site of the old Lord's Chapel.
(d) On her own land.
3. What does Tim discover in the playroom?
(a) A picture of Violet.
(b) Uncle Billy's drawings.
(c) His childhood toys.
4. Where does Puny meet Joe's family?
(a) At church.
(b) At Joe's house.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) In the park.
5. Where did Willard and Sadie's father meet to talk?
(a) At Tim's house.
(b) At the Grill.
(c) At the Episcopal Church.
(d) At Sadie's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Miss Rose and Uncle Billy move to?
2. Where is Tim helping Cynthia when he hears Barnabas' bark?
3. Why is Tim afraid of going steady with Cynthia?
4. What does Cynthia ask Tim to pray for after he invites her to lunch?
5. What do Cynthia and Tim do together after Tim returns from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Tim and Cynthia part at the end of the book?
2. How does Tim end up in the hospital?
3. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
4. Who is Sadie's long-lost relative? How do readers find out about this?
5. When the townspeople commented on Tim's sickly look, what do you think Karon wanted her readers to think about Tim's health?
6. Describe the events of the evening leading up to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady.
7. How are readers introduced to George Gaynor?
8. How does the loss of Barnabas bring Dooley and Tim closer together?
9. Which is your favorite character in this book? Which is your least favorite character in this book? Why?
10. Describe the calling of Absalom Greer.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)