|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose fingerprints does Rodney find on the candy wrapper?
2. What does Louella tell Tim she is worried about in Chapter 17?
(a) That Sadie is giving up on life.
(b) Her love life.
(c) That she is going to die.
3. Who is allowed to attend Easter Mass?
(b) No one.
(c) George Gaynor.
4. How are Olivia and Sadie related?
(a) Sadie is Olivia's stepmother.
(b) They are half-sisters.
(c) They are childhood best friends.
(d) Olivia is Sadie's aunt.
5. Why isn't the bishop happy with Tim?
(a) Tim hasn't been visiting parishioners in the hospital.
(b) Tim has not been taking care of himself.
(c) Tim has not been returning the bishop's phone calls.
(d) Tim is not yet married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tim end up after fainting?
2. What is Tim's reaction to the bishop's orders?
3. What does the bishop tell Tim he must do for two months?
4. What do people around Tim comment on when they see him in Chapter 20?
5. Why is Tim afraid of going steady with Cynthia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which is your favorite character in this book? Which is your least favorite character in this book? Why?
2. What does the bishop tell Tim he should do near the end of the book? Why do you think he tells Tim this?
3. How does Tim end up in the hospital?
4. What is Tim's response to Cynthia's proposal that she and Tim go steady?
5. How does Tim feel as he leaves for his trip?
6. How does the loss of Barnabas bring Dooley and Tim closer together?
7. Why is Tim amazed by Sadie's love story?
8. How does Barnabas go missing?
9. Explain the symbolic meaning of the death bell at the church.
10. Describe the scene in the hospital after Joe is shot.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)