|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steals Barnabas?
(b) A man in a car.
(c) No one; he ran away.
2. What sort of coma does Tim have in the hospital?
(a) A short-lived coma.
(b) A diabetic coma.
(c) A deep coma.
(d) A pseudo-coma.
3. What does Tim see on Cynthia's roof?
(a) A snake.
(c) Her cat.
(d) An opossum.
4. Who does Tim give his life to at the end of the book?
5. Who ends up deeding her house to the town?
(b) Miss Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bishop tell Tim he must do for two months?
2. Who takes Olivia to the hospital when she is ill?
3. What do Cynthia and Tim do together after Tim returns from the hospital?
4. Which bell is the only one that remains at the church?
5. Where is Tim helping Cynthia when he hears Barnabas' bark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Hobbes is homeless, yet decides to give his reward money to the poor, who live in the woods. How do you explain his attitude?
2. What inscription has Willard carved into the Porter House? Why is this significant?
3. How does Tim end up in the hospital?
4. Why is Tim amazed by Sadie's love story?
5. Why does Cynthia think Tim is angry with her?
6. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
7. How does the loss of Barnabas bring Dooley and Tim closer together?
8. Prior to Tim going into the hospital, what specific stressors was he facing?
9. How does Tim feel as he leaves for his trip?
10. What is strange about Tim's visit to the church one evening when he is all alone?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)