|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tim baptize George Gaynor?
(a) On the altar.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In the police station.
(d) In the lake.
2. What does Tim find in the church attic?
(c) A wrapper for an Almond Joy.
(d) Some old clothes.
3. Where is Tim when a man climbs down from the church attic?
(a) In the columbarium.
(b) At home.
(c) On the altar, preaching.
(d) In a pew.
4. Who do Cynthia and Tim run into after dinner?
(a) Dooley and Barnabas.
(c) Miss Rose and Uncle Billy.
(d) Emma and Harold.
5. What sort of coma does Tim have in the hospital?
(a) A short-lived coma.
(b) A diabetic coma.
(c) A pseudo-coma.
(d) A deep coma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sadie meet her true love?
2. Where did Willard and Sadie's father meet to talk?
3. Who wonders if Tim is angry with her at the end of Chapter 16?
4. What do people around Tim comment on when they see him in Chapter 20?
5. What does Louella tell Tim she is worried about in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the dynamics of Olivia and Hoppy's relationship in Chapters 13-16.
2. How do Tim and Cynthia part at the end of the book?
3. How does the loss of Barnabas bring Dooley and Tim closer together?
4. What do we know about Andrew Gregory?
5. Why does Cynthia think Tim is angry with her?
6. Why do you think Tim is ignoring the doctor's directions to eat well and exercise?
7. Describe the reunion between Tim and Barnabas.
8. Ron Malcolm takes off his shoes and gives them to George Gaynor. Why does he do this? What does this represent?
9. Prior to Tim going into the hospital, what specific stressors was he facing?
10. What is strange about Tim's visit to the church one evening when he is all alone?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)