|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is given to the person who finds Barnabas?
(a) Lots of hugs.
(b) Reward money.
(c) A special medal of honor.
(d) Barnabas' offspring.
2. What color are the mountains of North Carolina, according to Tim?
3. What does Tim eat in his kitchen right before fainting?
(a) Peanut butter sandwiches.
(b) Fruit salad.
(c) An orange marmalade cake.
(d) Fish stew.
4. What do Cynthia and Tim do together after Tim returns from the hospital?
(a) Go on a picnic.
(b) Go to the beach.
(c) Move in together.
(d) Go on a trip together.
5. Who is hiding in the church attic?
(a) Harold Newland.
(b) Homeless Hobbes.
(d) George Gaynor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Cynthia and Tim run into after dinner?
2. What is Tim's diagnosis after his trip to the hospital?
3. Which bell is the only one that remains at the church?
4. Where does Sadie meet her true love?
5. Where does Tim baptize George Gaynor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the loss of Barnabas bring Dooley and Tim closer together?
2. Explain the dynamics of Olivia and Hoppy's relationship in Chapters 13-16.
3. Why does Dooley get into a food fight? Why isn't Tim more upset about it?
4. Explain the symbolic meaning of the death bell at the church.
5. Do you think it is a good thing that Dooley goes to Meadowgate for summer vacation? Why or why not?
6. Hobbes is homeless, yet decides to give his reward money to the poor, who live in the woods. How do you explain his attitude?
7. How do Tim and Cynthia part at the end of the book?
8. When the townspeople commented on Tim's sickly look, what do you think Karon wanted her readers to think about Tim's health?
9. Describe the scene in the hospital after Joe is shot.
10. Describe the calling of Absalom Greer.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)