|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tim find missing from the church refrigerator?
(a) The coffee creamer.
(b) His pasta.
(c) His chicken sandwich.
(d) The bread.
2. What does Tim receive as a birthday gift?
(a) A home.
(b) A Vespa scooter.
(c) A new car.
(d) A new dog.
3. Where does Tim eat breakfast the morning after finding out the painting's worth?
(b) Cynthia's house.
(c) The Grill.
(d) Miss Rose and Uncle Billy's house.
4. What is Dooley saving his money for?
(a) A horse.
(c) A new bike.
(d) A dog house.
5. To whom does Tim write a letter about leaving his church?
(a) His son.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) The bishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hal Owens?
2. Who does Harold Newland want to marry?
3. What happens at the church when Tim goes there to order church stationery?
4. What does Sadie find in her attic that she would like to give to the church?
5. What does the person Tim writes a letter to write back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast the characters of Barnabas and Dooley.
2. How are birth and death intertwined in Chapters 9-12?
3. How does Tim come to have a black dog? What is special about the dog?
4. How do Tim and Cynthia meet?
5. Compare and contrast the characters of Emma and Puny.
6. What sorts of family troubles does Dooley have?
7. What do readers know about Cynthia from Chapters 9-12?
8. Why do you think Tim and Dooley get along so well?
9. What do you think of the relationship between Tim and Dooley by Chapter 12?
10. Who celebrates Thanksgiving together in Mitford?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)