|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets pneumonia?
(c) Harold Newland.
(d) Russell Jacks.
2. How old is Tim?
(a) It is unclear.
3. What does Tim hope his new neighbor has?
(b) A good sense of humor.
4. Whose art is showcased at the art show?
(a) Uncle Billy's.
(b) Miss Rose's.
(c) Andrew Gregory's.
5. What is Dooley saving his money for?
(a) A new bike.
(c) A horse.
(d) A dog house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Emma Garrett's job?
2. What does Tim receive as a birthday gift?
3. What is the name of Marge Owen's baby?
4. Why does Tim meet with the mayor of Mitford?
5. What does Emma tell Tim has been stolen from the kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. From an outsider's perspective, do you think Father Tim should feel lonely based on what you read in Chapters 1-4?
2. What events in Chapters 9-12 lead readers to think more is going on than meets the eye?
3. Describe the relationship between Tim and Dooley.
4. Describe the town of Mitford from what you know after reading Chapters 1-4.
5. Compare and contrast the characters of Barnabas and Dooley.
6. Who celebrates Thanksgiving together in Mitford?
7. Why is Uncle Billy worried? How does Tim help alleviate this worry?
8. Why are specific characters pleased that Sadie's painting is not a Vermeer?
9. How does Tim come to have a black dog? What is special about the dog?
10. Tim says he gets a "simple joy" from being with Cynthia. What do you think this is like?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)