|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what illness is Olivia dying?
(d) A heart condition.
2. What does Sadie serve to her guests when she makes her big announcement?
(a) Tea and shortbread.
(b) Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
(c) Pimento cheese.
(d) Cake and punch.
3. Why does Dooley become angry when talking to Puny?
(a) The conversation turns to Dooley's mother.
(b) She punishes him.
(c) She tells him hateful things.
(d) She reminds him of his mother.
4. Where does Tim take Dooley to spend the night?
(a) The state capital.
(b) The beach.
(c) A campground.
(d) At Hal and Marge's farm.
5. What does Tim find in the urn in the columbarium?
(c) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Homeless Hobbes' profession before coming to Mitford?
2. Where does Tim shop for food?
3. What does Emma tell Tim has been stolen from the kitchen?
4. Who is the head of the vestry?
5. Who does the appraiser say painted Sadie's work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tim learn from Puny Bradshaw?
2. Describe the situation Father Tim faces at the beginning of Chapter 1.
3. After reading Chapters 5-8, what sort of romantic partner do you think Father Tim needs or would want?
4. Compare and contrast the characters of Barnabas and Dooley.
5. Why is Uncle Billy worried? How does Tim help alleviate this worry?
6. Why does Olivia want to read the Bible to people at Mitford Hospital?
7. What sorts of family troubles does Dooley have?
8. Describe Tim's dinner party.
9. How does Tim come to have a black dog? What is special about the dog?
10. What do you think about the people in the town being Tim's 'family'? Do you think this is a healthy thing? Why or why not?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)