|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tim find on his chin after Cynthia leaves his house?
(c) Barbeque sauce.
2. Who do the townspeople think has created Sadie's gift?
(c) Da Vinci.
3. Who does the appraiser say painted Sadie's work?
(a) He doesn't know.
(c) El Greco.
4. What does Tim discover when he returns home following Christmas Mass?
(a) Dooley and his bed are gone.
(b) Dooley and his horse are gone.
(c) Dooley and his dog are gone.
(d) Dooley and his bike are gone.
5. What does Tim find in the urn in the columbarium?
(a) A note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hoppy Harper tell Tim?
2. Why is Sadie's gift a surprise?
3. Who had Sadie fallen in love with long ago?
4. What color is the dog following Father Tim?
5. How many surprise guests does Tim have for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are birth and death intertwined in Chapters 9-12?
2. What does Sadie find in her attic? Why is this significant?
3. Why are specific characters pleased that Sadie's painting is not a Vermeer?
4. How do Tim and Cynthia meet?
5. Compare and contrast the characters of Barnabas and Dooley.
6. Describe Tim's medical problem as addressed in Chapters 1-4.
7. Describe the situation Father Tim faces at the beginning of Chapter 1.
8. What do you make of Tim finding jewels in the urn at the columbarium?
9. Why does Olivia want to read the Bible to people at Mitford Hospital?
10. Describe Tim's dinner party.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)