|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hoppy Harper tell Tim?
(a) That his body looks much younger than it is.
(b) That Tim is in excellent health.
(c) That he is going to die soon.
(d) That Tim has diabetes.
2. What is Cynthia's profession?
3. What does Sadie find in her attic that she would like to give to the church?
(a) A statue.
(b) A cross.
(c) A painting.
(d) An old hat.
4. What does Tim hope his new neighbor has?
(b) A good sense of humor.
5. What does Tim's breakfast companion tell him he can expect in the fall?
(a) A new job.
(b) A new garden.
(c) A new neighbor.
(d) A grandchild.
6. How much money does Miss Sadie say she is going to give the church?
(a) Half of her inheritance.
(b) 5 million dollars.
(c) 10 million dollars.
(d) 1 billion dollars.
7. How many people are in Father Tim's congregation?
8. Who finds Dooley a job helping Miss Sadie?
(c) Homeless Hobbes.
9. What does Sadie serve to her guests when she makes her big announcement?
(a) Pimento cheese.
(b) Tea and shortbread.
(c) Cake and punch.
(d) Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
10. What is the name of Cynthia's cat?
11. Where does Tim shop for food?
(a) The Place.
(b) The Hangout.
(c) The Grocery.
(d) The Local.
12. What is Emma Garrett's job?
(a) Bank teller.
(d) Social worker.
13. Where does Tim find Barnabas?
(a) In his bed.
(b) At the bottom of a tree.
(c) At an abandoned house.
(d) In the basement.
14. Why is this birthday gift particularly important to Tim?
(a) He loves animals.
(b) He had given up driving 8 years prior.
(c) He has never owned one of his own.
(d) It is very valuable.
15. Whose art is showcased at the art show?
(b) Uncle Billy's.
(c) Andrew Gregory's.
(d) Miss Rose's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sadie want to give money to the church?
2. What is the name of Marge Owen's baby?
3. Who is Hoppy Harper?
4. Who gets pneumonia?
5. What does Cynthia come over to Tim's house to borrow?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)