|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12: Neighbors, A Grand Feast, A White Thanksgiving, An Empty Vessel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dooley become angry when talking to Puny?
(a) She tells him hateful things.
(b) She punishes him.
(c) The conversation turns to Dooley's mother.
(d) She reminds him of his mother.
2. Who takes Cynthia to see some antique books?
(a) Andrew Gregory.
(b) Russell Jacks.
(d) Hoppy Harper
3. What does Sadie find in her attic that she would like to give to the church?
(a) A cross.
(b) An old hat.
(c) A painting.
(d) A statue.
4. Why is this birthday gift particularly important to Tim?
(a) He has never owned one of his own.
(b) He had given up driving 8 years prior.
(c) It is very valuable.
(d) He loves animals.
5. What sort of problem does Dooley's mother have?
(a) She lost all her money in a lottery.
(b) She has no short-term memory.
(c) She has a heart condition.
(d) She is an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dooley receive for Christmas?
2. Who is Mr. Gregory?
3. Who does Tim think of as a "little Emma"?
4. How big does Emma say the dog is?
5. What does Hoppy Harper tell Tim?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)