|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12: Neighbors, A Grand Feast, A White Thanksgiving, An Empty Vessel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sadie want to give money to the church?
(a) God told her to do so.
(b) Because she has been hoarding her father's money and wants to stop.
(c) Father Tim encouraged her.
(d) She feels guilty.
2. Where do Tim and Dooley go together after Puny upsets Dooley?
(a) The Lord's Chapel.
(b) The Local.
(c) The park.
(d) The Grill.
3. What does Sadie serve to her guests when she makes her big announcement?
(a) Pimento cheese.
(b) Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
(c) Cake and punch.
(d) Tea and shortbread.
4. What does Sadie want to build with the money she donates to the church?
(a) An afterschool community center.
(b) A retirement home.
(c) A psychiatric facility.
(d) A veterinary hospital.
5. What does Dooley receive for Christmas?
(a) A bike.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bed.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the story take place?
2. Who does Tim think of as a "little Emma"?
3. Why does Dooley become angry when talking to Puny?
4. What does Billy give Tim?
5. Where does Tim shop for food?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)