Chapters 1-4: Barnabas, A Dubious Gift, New Possibilities, Company Stew
1. In what state does the story take place?
(a) North Carolina.
(d) New Hampshire.
2. How many people are in Father Tim's congregation?
3. To whom does Tim write a letter about leaving his church?
(b) His son.
(c) The bishop.
(d) His ex-wife.
4. What does the person Tim writes a letter to write back?
(a) That Tim is going crazy.
(b) That she doesn't really care.
(d) That Tim should think about things a while longer.
5. What does Tim sometimes imagine by his side?
(a) A horse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A wife.
(d) A child.
6. What does Emma Garrett suggest would make Father Tim's life better?
(a) A pet.
(b) Fruits and vegetables.
(d) More fun.
7. What is Emma Garrett's job?
(b) Social worker.
(c) Bank teller.
8. What color is the dog following Father Tim?
(c) Red and white.
9. How big does Emma say the dog is?
(a) The size of a mouse.
(b) The size of a Buick.
(c) The size of her kitchen.
(d) The size of her wedding ring.
This section contains 3,463 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)