|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What or whom does Elvira continue to ask questions about?
2. Lady Sedgwick runs the other way when she spots which character?
3. Where does Pennyfather go to catch a plane?
4. Marple recognizes Sedgwick from her many appearances in/on _______.
5. What was the name of the city mentioned in the conversation between Lady Sedgwick and her guest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Marple do first thing in the morning?
2. What is Luscombe's reply? What does Luscombe try to do to ease the situation?
3. Who does Elvira visit? What topic is discussed between the two?
4. What happens to Canon Pennyfather? Who reports him missing?
5. Where does Miss Marple go shopping? Who does she see when she stops for lunch?
6. What happens when Pennyfather gets to his room?
7. How does Elvira's plan work? What item is taken?
8. Who does Miss Marple see in the lounge? What topic is discussed?
9. How does Pennyfather decide to amuse himself with the extra time? Why does he make the choice?
10. What is the reason for Miss Marple's trip to Bertram's Hotel? Who is paying for the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Lady Sedgwick and Malinowski. What is the nature of their relationship? Is it personal, professional, or both? How did they meet? How does Elvira fit into the relationship? What plans have been made about their future?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reason Lady Sedgwick gave up custody of Elvira. Do you think it was a good or bad choice? Do you think Lady Sedgwick shared the real reason? What was Gorman's explanation? How does Elvira learn the truth about her parents? How does Ireland play into the story?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the connection of the robbery of the Irish train near Bedhampton, Bertram's Hotel and the presence of Malinowski's car at the crime scenes. How were the robberies related to Bertram's Hotel? Who was responsible? How did Father figure it out?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)