|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elvira's main problem?
(c) No money.
2. Who does Elvira visit in the town?
(b) Sweet shop.
3. What is Bridget's job while Elvira runs her errand?
(a) Cause a distraction.
(b) Wait outside the shop.
(c) Hold Elvira's bag.
(d) Call for a taxi.
4. What type of breakfast does Miss Marple prefer?
5. Where is Elvira going to go that day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the secret relationship between Lady Sedgwick and Elvira?
2. The person is waiting for which other guest to arrive?
3. Where does the assailant hit Pennyfather?
4. Who has received a trip to Bertram's Hotel as a present from a niece?
5. Who arrives at the house during the man's absence?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason for Miss Marple's trip to Bertram's Hotel? Who is paying for the trip?
2. Discuss the interaction between Colonel Luscombe and Miss Gorringe.
3. What happens to Canon Pennyfather? Who reports him missing?
4. What happens when Pennyfather gets to his room?
5. Describe Bertram's Hotel, its location, architecture, and reputation.
6. Describe the opening scene, the first character and the activity of the afternoon.
7. Who meets Colonel Luscombe at the hotel? What is the relationship between the pair?
8. Which guest is recognized and identified properly? What is the guest's reputation?
9. What does Miss Marple do first thing in the morning?
10. Describe the confrontation between Lady Sedgwick and Michael Gorman.
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)