|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The hotel is reminiscent of which historical period?
(d) Queen Anne.
2. What or whom does Elvira continue to ask questions about?
(b) Room service.
3. Who has received a trip to Bertram's Hotel as a present from a niece?
4. Who does Elvira visit in the town?
(d) Sweet shop.
5. What item had failed to work properly for Elvira?
(b) Search for her mother.
(c) Scam to hop onto a train.
(d) Blackmail scheme.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of going to this particular location?
2. What growing concern involves Elvira?
3. Who is also at the same table?
4. What is Lady Sedgwick's first name?
5. Where does the big meeting take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Elvira's solution to the problem? Does the other party agree?
2. Describe the opening scene, the first character and the activity of the afternoon.
3. What question does Luscombe ask Humfries? What is the reply?
4. Who does Lady Sedgwick wait for dow the hall? What is the purpose?
5. Where does Canon Pennyfather go? What is the intended plan? What happens?
6. What happens to Canon Pennyfather? Who reports him missing?
7. Who does Elvira visit? What topic is discussed between the two?
8. Describe the confrontation between Lady Sedgwick and Michael Gorman.
9. Who is Mr. Humfries? How does he know Colonel Luscombe?
10. How does Elvira's plan work? What item is taken?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)