|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of going to this particular location?
(a) Try to get a loan.
(b) Buy sweets for her mother.
(c) Have a watch repaired.
(d) Have shoes repaired.
2. Who is also at the same table?
3. What event is Elvira prepared to celebrate?
(b) Victoria Day.
4. Where does the big meeting take place?
(a) Buckingham Palace.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) In the back garden.
(d) Bertram's courtyard.
5. Who is waiting down the hall when Miss Marple receives her lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the secret relationship between Lady Sedgwick and Elvira?
2. What item worn by the commissionaire is a source of pride?
3. Lady Sedgwick runs the other way when she spots which character?
4. Bertram's Hotel was established in or around what year?
5. On which street is there a gridlock of traffic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the interaction between Colonel Luscombe and Miss Gorringe.
2. How does Elvira's plan work? What item is taken?
3. Who is Mr. Humfries? How does he know Colonel Luscombe?
4. How is the matter of the stolen bracelet solved? What is the jeweler's reaction?
5. What is Luscombe's reply? What does Luscombe try to do to ease the situation?
6. What is Elvira's solution to the problem? Does the other party agree?
7. Where does Canon Pennyfather go? What is the intended plan? What happens?
8. How does Pennyfather decide to amuse himself with the extra time? Why does he make the choice?
9. Who overhears the conversation between Sedgwick and Gorman? What does Sedgwick do about the situation?
10. Describe the confrontation between Lady Sedgwick and Michael Gorman.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)