|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miss Blake's first name?
2. What causes Pennyfather to get back at the hotel after midnight?
(a) He is mugged.
(b) He loses track of time.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He is rushed to the hospital.
3. On which street is there a gridlock of traffic?
4. What is the name of Elvira's friend?
5. What type of store is visited by Miss Marple?
(a) Wig shop.
(b) Army and Navy.
(c) Department store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Elvira going to go that day?
2. Who is also at the same table?
3. What type of event was the person supposed to attend?
4. Which type of person is not mentioned as a regular guest of the hotel?
5. What is Lady Sedgwick's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who overhears the conversation between Sedgwick and Gorman? What does Sedgwick do about the situation?
2. What is Elvira's solution to the problem? Does the other party agree?
3. Discuss the interaction between Colonel Luscombe and Miss Gorringe.
4. Where does Miss Marple go shopping? Who does she see when she stops for lunch?
5. Who meets Colonel Luscombe at the hotel? What is the relationship between the pair?
6. What causes Pennyfather to be so late returning to the hotel? How does he get into his room?
7. Who does Elvira visit? What topic is discussed between the two?
8. What aspect of Elvira's life is also under Luscombe's care? What does Elvira want to know about it?
9. What does Miss Marple do first thing in the morning?
10. What is the reason for Miss Marple's trip to Bertram's Hotel? Who is paying for the trip?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)