|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of event was the person supposed to attend?
(c) Birthday party.
2. Bertram's Hotel was established in or around what year?
3. What is Luscombe to Miss Blake?
4. From which room does Lady Sedgwick call out to the commissionaire?
(a) Breakfast nook.
(b) Drawing room.
(c) Writing room.
5. What event is Elvira prepared to celebrate?
(a) Victoria Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main topic of discussion?
2. Sedgwick is often noted for which of the following?
3. How old is Humfries?
4. What adjective is best used to describe Miss Marple?
5. What title is given to Miss Blake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opening scene, the first character and the activity of the afternoon.
2. What question does Luscombe ask Humfries? What is the reply?
3. Describe Bertram's Hotel, its location, architecture, and reputation.
4. How does Elvira's plan work? What item is taken?
5. What happens to Canon Pennyfather? Who reports him missing?
6. Who does Elvira visit? What topic is discussed between the two?
7. How is the matter of the stolen bracelet solved? What is the jeweler's reaction?
8. Who meets Colonel Luscombe at the hotel? What is the relationship between the pair?
9. Who is Mr. Humfries? How does he know Colonel Luscombe?
10. What is Elvira's solution to the problem? Does the other party agree?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)