|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country is the hotel located?
2. Miss Marple tries to what unsuccessfully?
(a) Find her black gloves.
(c) Find a pair of proper shoes.
(d) Carry her bags back to the hotel.
3. What adjective is used to describe Bertram's Hotel?
4. What is the rank of Mr. Luscombe, a regular guest?
5. What does Pennyfather do to kill time after he leaves the airport?
(a) Goes to a movie.
(b) Takes a walk in the park.
(c) Goes to dinner.
(d) Visits a local mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is best used to describe the man at the desk?
2. Where does Pennyfather go to catch a plane?
3. Miss Marple goes shopping in which town?
4. What does Pennyfather discover when he arrives at the airport?
5. Who is also at the same table?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pennyfather decide to amuse himself with the extra time? Why does he make the choice?
2. What aspect of Elvira's life is also under Luscombe's care? What does Elvira want to know about it?
3. What does Elvira learn when she returns from Ireland? What does Elvira do next?
4. What causes Pennyfather to be so late returning to the hotel? How does he get into his room?
5. Where does Miss Marple go shopping? Who does she see when she stops for lunch?
6. Which guest is recognized and identified properly? What is the guest's reputation?
7. Colonel Luscombe broaches a delicate subject with Lady Sedgwick. What is the subject? What is Lady Sedgwick's reply?
8. What is the reason for Miss Marple's trip to Bertram's Hotel? Who is paying for the trip?
9. Who meets Colonel Luscombe at the hotel? What is the relationship between the pair?
10. What question does Luscombe ask Humfries? What is the reply?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)