|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item does Elvira steal?
(a) Bus ticket.
2. What was the name of the city mentioned in the conversation between Lady Sedgwick and her guest?
3. What adjective is best used to describe Miss Marple?
4. What job does Miss Gorringe hold at the hotel?
(a) Assistant manager.
(b) Parlor maid.
(c) Desk clerk.
(d) Event coordinator.
5. What is Miss Blake's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pennyfather to get back at the hotel after midnight?
2. Who points out many people she knows only to find out that they are strangers?
3. Marple recognizes Sedgwick from her many appearances in/on _______.
4. Whom does Elvira go to visit?
5. What is the surname of the hotel manager?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the matter of the stolen bracelet solved? What is the jeweler's reaction?
2. What is Elvira's solution to the problem? Does the other party agree?
3. What happens when Pennyfather gets to his room?
4. What does Elvira learn when she returns from Ireland? What does Elvira do next?
5. Colonel Luscombe broaches a delicate subject with Lady Sedgwick. What is the subject? What is Lady Sedgwick's reply?
6. Who meets Colonel Luscombe at the hotel? What is the relationship between the pair?
7. What question does Luscombe ask Humfries? What is the reply?
8. What causes Pennyfather to be so late returning to the hotel? How does he get into his room?
9. Where does Miss Marple go shopping? Who does she see when she stops for lunch?
10. Describe Bertram's Hotel, its location, architecture, and reputation.
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)