|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elvira call after returning from her trip?
2. Which of the following is overheard by Elvira?
(a) Rendezvous site.
(c) Phone number.
(d) Room number.
3. What is the secret relationship between Lady Sedgwick and Elvira?
4. Where does the big meeting take place?
(a) Bertram's courtyard.
(b) In the back garden.
(c) Buckingham Palace.
(d) Scotland Yard.
5. Which type of person is not mentioned as a regular guest of the hotel?
6. Bertram's Hotel was established in or around what year?
7. Who does Elvira visit in the town?
(d) Sweet shop.
8. What is the dining companion's occupation?
(b) Race car driver.
9. What or whom does Elvira continue to ask questions about?
(b) Room service.
10. What does Pennyfather discover when he arrives at the airport?
(a) The plane is gone.
(b) The flight has been canceled.
(c) He is needed back at the hotel.
(d) He lost the ticket.
11. On which street is there a gridlock of traffic?
12. What growing concern involves Elvira?
(a) Potential marriage.
(b) Squandering her money.
(c) Relationship with Luscombe.
(d) Restriction on travel.
13. The hotel is reminiscent of which historical period?
(b) Queen Anne.
14. What is Lady Sedgwick's first name?
15. In chapter one, who is sitting in the lounge having tea?
(a) Lord Davy.
(b) Miss Marple.
(c) Miss Luscombe.
(d) Lady Hazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marple is well known as which of the following?
2. What type of breakfast does Miss Marple prefer?
3. Where does Pennyfather go to catch a plane?
4. The thefts discussed involve which of the following items?
5. Whom does Elvira go to visit?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)