|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age will Elvira receive her expected inheritance?
2. Bertram's Hotel was established in or around what year?
3. What is Bridget's job while Elvira runs her errand?
(a) Call for a taxi.
(b) Hold Elvira's bag.
(c) Wait outside the shop.
(d) Cause a distraction.
4. What did Pennyfather forget to leave behind when he left the hotel to go to the airport?
(a) Parking permit.
(d) Forwarding address.
5. What item does Elvira steal?
(d) Bus ticket.
6. Miss Marple goes shopping in which town?
(d) White Chapel.
7. Where does Pennyfather go to catch a plane?
(a) Gatwick Shuttle Service.
(b) Edwards' Heliopad.
(c) Heathrow Airport.
(d) Kensington Air Station.
8. What item worn by the commissionaire is a source of pride?
9. What is the name of the commissionaire?
10. Which person goes missing?
11. What growing concern involves Elvira?
(a) Potential marriage.
(b) Relationship with Luscombe.
(c) Squandering her money.
(d) Restriction on travel.
12. In chapter one, who is sitting in the lounge having tea?
(a) Lord Davy.
(b) Miss Marple.
(c) Lady Hazy.
(d) Miss Luscombe.
13. Who has received a trip to Bertram's Hotel as a present from a niece?
14. Who or what is upsetting the guest?
(a) Desk clerk.
(d) Room service.
15. Lady Sedgwick warns that if Gorman ever makes the same attempt again, she will ________.
(a) Call the police.
(b) Hit him with her bag.
(c) Slap him across the face.
(d) Shoot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of breakfast does Miss Marple prefer?
2. Marple recognizes Sedgwick from her many appearances in/on _______.
3. What is the name of the horse discussed by Lady Sedgwick and Commissionaire Gorman?
4. Who points out many people she knows only to find out that they are strangers?
5. Who is also at the same table?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)