|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finally volunteers for Crimus Bonus' request?
2. What does Asterix's release foreshadow for Asterix in the future?
3. What does Crismus order concerning the tent when Asterix and Getafix return from the woods?
4. What does Crismus accuse Getafix of doing?
5. Why is Getafix willing to make the antidote for Crismus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
2. What are Crimus Bonus and Marcus Ginantonicus plotting?
3. How does the audience receive the lesson or message that "wrong begets punishment" in the final section of the novel?
4. Why does Crismus Bonus cry?
5. Describe Crismus Bonus.
6. Why is Getaflix willing to give in to Crismus' demand?
7. How are future adventures foreshadowed by the end of the novel?
8. What happens to the foolish cart seller?
9. How does Crismus finally receive the strawberries he needs to give Getaflix?
10. What makes Crismus furious with Asterix and Getaflix?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Asterix the Gaul is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve the visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. The author uses imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this graphic novel.
Essay Topic 2
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Gaul village. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of intelligence. Identify at least two motifs about cunning and intelligence in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)