|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While one guard remains in front of the tent by Asterix, what happens to the other guard?
2. When Crismus tries to test his new strength, what is he able to lift?
3. Who finally volunteers for Crimus Bonus' request?
4. What do all the Romans realize soon after Getafix responds to Crismus?
5. Who is talking to Crismus in the tent?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the use of names in Asterix the Gaul. The very names provide examples of brilliant uses of dialogue, such as Asterix or a small, seeming addition; Obelisk, who delivers menhirs; and Getafix, the Druid. Discuss the brilliant use of dialogue through names.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of intelligence. Identify at least two motifs about cunning and intelligence in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
The Asterix and the Obelix are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that the Asterix had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Obelix had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)