|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Asterix and Getafix doing that infuriates Crismus when he goes to talk to them?
2. What does Crismus Bonus threaten to do to Asterix if Getafix does not help him?
3. What does Caesar say about Asterix and Getafix?
4. What does Crismus order concerning the tent when Asterix and Getafix return from the woods?
5. Why is the person who talks to Crismus angry at him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goscinny is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, puns, and irony, briefly describe them, and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Asterix the Gaul is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve the visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. The author uses imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this graphic novel.
Essay Topic 3
What are some instances of magic and the supernatural displayed throughout the novel? What is the significance of potions? Describe.
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)