Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Asterix and Getafix into the woods to find a cure?
2. When Asterix and Getafix leave the tent, who arrives soon after?
3. Despite Crismus' accusation against him, what does Getafix insist?
4. What would the person(s) who overthrow Caesar receive in return for his/their efforts?
5. When Asterix sees a heavily guarded tent, what does he say to the guards in front?
Essay Topic 1
Goscinny constantly brings up allusions and imagery associated with strength. Give three examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence in Asterix the Gaul.
Essay Topic 2
Asterix the Gaul is written in the third-person omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Asterix? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The Asterix and the Obelix are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that the Asterix had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Obelix had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)