|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Asterix and Getafix into the woods to find a cure?
2. When Asterix and Getafix leave the tent, who arrives soon after?
3. Despite Crismus' accusation against him, what does Getafix insist?
4. What would the person(s) who overthrow Caesar receive in return for his/their efforts?
5. When Asterix sees a heavily guarded tent, what does he say to the guards in front?
Essay Topic 1
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Gaul village. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Getaflix. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Getaflix's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Asterix the Gaul is written in the third-person omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Asterix? Explain.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)