|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crismus Bonus threaten to do to Asterix?
2. What does the person in the tent ask to see from Crismus?
3. Why is the person who talks to Crismus angry at him?
4. To what city do Asterix and Getafix return to make the antidote?
5. What does Crismus Bonus need a volunteer for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Crismus careless and what does this cost him?
2. How is Crismus over-confident?
3. What makes Crismus furious with Asterix and Getaflix?
4. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
5. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
6. How does Getaflix render the Romans powerless?
7. How does Crismus Bonus respond when he hears about Asterix's arrival?
8. What is funny about Asterix's behavior when the torturer arrives and what does it signify?
9. Why is it difficult to get strawberries?
10. Why is Getaflix willing to give in to Crismus' demand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The idea of the weak who defeat the strong appeals," says Uderzo of the popularity of the comic series. What do you think of this statement? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Goscinny constantly brings up allusions and imagery associated with strength. Give three examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence in Asterix the Gaul.
Essay Topic 3
Goscinny is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least four references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also add your opinion as to why Goscinny chose that particular author or reference.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)