Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Asterix and Getafix into the woods to find a cure?
2. When Asterix and Getafix leave the tent, who arrives soon after?
3. Despite Crismus' accusation against him, what does Getafix insist?
4. What would the person(s) who overthrow Caesar receive in return for his/their efforts?
5. When Asterix sees a heavily guarded tent, what does he say to the guards in front?
Essay Topic 1
"The idea of the weak who defeat the strong appeals," says Uderzo of the popularity of the comic series. What do you think of this statement? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Goscinny is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, puns, and irony, briefly describe them, and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Asterix the Gaul? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)