|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Asterix put on that amuses Getafix but infuriates Crismus?
2. What does Asterix do that Getafix considers madness?
3. Who escorts Asterix and Getafix into the woods to find a cure?
4. What does Getafix make for Asterix?
5. How do the guards avoid Crismus Bonus' request for a volunteer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Asterix redeem himself in front of Caesar?
2. How does Asterix use his cunning to rescue Getafix?
3. What are Crimus Bonus and Marcus Ginantonicus plotting?
4. Why is it difficult to get strawberries?
5. Describe Crismus Bonus.
6. How does the audience receive the lesson or message that "wrong begets punishment" in the final section of the novel?
7. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
8. How is Crismus careless and what does this cost him?
9. Why does Crismus get angry with Getaflix in Section 4?
10. Why does Crismus Bonus cry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Asterix and the Obelix are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that the Asterix had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Obelix had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Asterix the Gaul with one or more of Goscinny's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, the best? Explain. Which did you like the least? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Asterix the Gaul. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)