Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Asterix and Getafix into the woods to find a cure?
2. When Asterix and Getafix leave the tent, who arrives soon after?
3. Despite Crismus' accusation against him, what does Getafix insist?
4. What would the person(s) who overthrow Caesar receive in return for his/their efforts?
5. When Asterix sees a heavily guarded tent, what does he say to the guards in front?
Torture is the method by which Crismus Bonus tries to persuade Getafix to give him the recipe for his magic potion for strength. Is it effective? Is this fair? Why or why not? Discuss torture as a means of punishment and enforcing law as discussed in Asterix the Gaul.
Goscinny constantly brings up allusions and imagery associated with strength. Give three examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence in Asterix the Gaul.
Describe Getaflix. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Getaflix's character in the novel?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)