|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crismus Bonus threaten to do to Asterix if Getafix does not help him?
2. What is Crismus overly confident about regarding Asterix?
3. Why are the guards in front of the tent scared of Asterix?
4. Where does Getafix go with soldiers in search of ingredients?
5. What does the person in the tent ask to see from Crismus?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Getaflix. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Getaflix's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Goscinny is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, puns, and irony, briefly describe them, and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Asterix the Gaul with one or more of Goscinny's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, the best? Explain. Which did you like the least? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)