|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who emerges as an untrustworthy character by the end of Section 4?
2. When Crismus goes to the tent, what does he find in there after Asterix has left?
3. What does Getafix offer to do in return for Asterix's freedom?
4. Who says what Crismus lifts is not impressive enough?
5. How long do the volunteers go in search of the ingredient for Getaflx?
Essay Topic 1
What are some instances of magic and the supernatural displayed throughout the novel? What is the significance of potions? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Politics are also referred to in the book. Goscinny refers to the politics of Roman colonists and Gaul citizens. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Goscinny incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Asterix the Gaul is written in the third-person omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Asterix? Explain.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)