|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to the cart seller that he does not notice?
2. What does the cart seller do to the volunteer?
3. Why is the person who talks to Crismus angry at him?
4. How long do the volunteers go in search of the ingredient for Getaflx?
5. How does Crismus realize that he is at the mercy of Getafix?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are strawberries important to Getaflix?
2. How does Asterix use his cunning to rescue Getafix?
3. Why is Getaflix willing to give in to Crismus' demand?
4. How does Crismus Bonus respond when he hears about Asterix's arrival?
5. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
6. How does the cart seller respond to Asterix's capture?
7. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
8. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
9. How is Crismus over-confident?
10. Describe Caesar.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Gaul village. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Asterix the Gaul. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Asterix the Gaul is a classic graphic novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)