|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crismus Bonus need a volunteer for?
2. What does Crismus Bonus threaten to do to Asterix if Getafix does not help him?
3. Who easily defeats the Romans in their efforts?
4. Where does Getafix go with soldiers in search of ingredients?
5. What area does the cart seller leave by the end of Section 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are future adventures foreshadowed by the end of the novel?
2. Describe Caesar.
3. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
4. How does the cart seller respond to Asterix's capture?
5. What makes Crismus furious with Asterix and Getaflix?
6. What is funny about Asterix's behavior when the torturer arrives and what does it signify?
7. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
8. Why is it difficult to get strawberries?
9. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
10. Why does Crismus get angry with Getaflix in Section 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Asterix the Gaul is a classic graphic novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for Asterix the Gaul. What is the overall setting? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in Asterix the Gaul?
Essay Topic 3
Politics are also referred to in the book. Goscinny refers to the politics of Roman colonists and Gaul citizens. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Goscinny incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)