|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who easily defeats the Romans in their efforts?
2. What does Crismus realize he must do to be cured by Getafix?
3. What does Getafix offer to do in return for Asterix's freedom?
4. What does Getafix make for Asterix?
5. What does Asterix tell the cart seller he must wait for so the joke will be funnier?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the foolish cart seller?
2. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
3. How does Asterix redeem himself in front of Caesar?
4. Why are strawberries important to Getaflix?
5. How does Crismus finally receive the strawberries he needs to give Getaflix?
6. How does Getaflix render the Romans powerless?
7. What makes Crismus furious with Asterix and Getaflix?
8. What are Crimus Bonus and Marcus Ginantonicus plotting?
9. How does Asterix use his cunning to rescue Getafix?
10. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Gaul village. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Politics are also referred to in the book. Goscinny refers to the politics of Roman colonists and Gaul citizens. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Goscinny incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Getaflix. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Getaflix's character in the novel?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)