Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Asterix and Getafix into the woods to find a cure?
2. When Asterix and Getafix leave the tent, who arrives soon after?
3. Despite Crismus' accusation against him, what does Getafix insist?
4. What would the person(s) who overthrow Caesar receive in return for his/their efforts?
5. When Asterix sees a heavily guarded tent, what does he say to the guards in front?
Essay Topic 1
Asterix the Gaul is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve the visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. The author uses imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this graphic novel.
Essay Topic 2
Asterix the Gaul is written in the third-person omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Asterix? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What are some instances of magic and the supernatural displayed throughout the novel? What is the significance of potions? Describe.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)