|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Asterix's release foreshadow for Asterix in the future?
2. How do the guards avoid Crismus Bonus' request for a volunteer?
3. Who do the Gauls give the antidote to?
4. Who finally volunteers for Crimus Bonus' request?
5. Who is released temporarily at the end of Section 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are strawberries important to Getaflix?
2. Why does Crismus Bonus cry?
3. Why does Crismus get angry with Getaflix in Section 4?
4. What happens to the foolish cart seller?
5. How does Crismus Bonus respond when he hears about Asterix's arrival?
6. How does the audience receive the lesson or message that "wrong begets punishment" in the final section of the novel?
7. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
8. How does Getaflix render the Romans powerless?
9. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
10. Why is it difficult to get strawberries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Asterix the Gaul with one or more of Goscinny's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, the best? Explain. Which did you like the least? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Asterix the Gaul is a classic graphic novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Torture is the method by which Crismus Bonus tries to persuade Getafix to give him the recipe for his magic potion for strength. Is it effective? Is this fair? Why or why not? Discuss torture as a means of punishment and enforcing law as discussed in Asterix the Gaul.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)