|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all of the Romans do by the end of Section 3?
2. How does Getafix calm down Crismus?
3. What does Crismus order concerning the tent when Asterix and Getafix return from the woods?
4. What does the person in the tent ask to see from Crismus?
5. What does Asterix put on that amuses Getafix but infuriates Crismus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Asterix gain access to Getaflix's tent?
2. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
3. Why are strawberries important to Getaflix?
4. How is Crismus over-confident?
5. Why does Crismus Bonus cry?
6. How does Asterix use his cunning to rescue Getafix?
7. How is Crismus careless and what does this cost him?
8. What happens to the foolish cart seller?
9. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
10. Why does Crismus get angry with Getaflix in Section 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goscinny is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least four references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also add your opinion as to why Goscinny chose that particular author or reference.
Essay Topic 2
The Asterix and the Obelix are two of the most active characters.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that the Asterix had a direct influence upon? What are some events that the Obelix had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support to the group? Which one is stronger and why?
Essay Topic 3
One of the main themes in the book is good versus evil. List at least four examples where the author employs this specific theme. Is the battle between good and evil obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in the battle? Do you think the right person won? Does good always triumph over evil? Explain.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)