|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crismus Bonus need a volunteer for?
2. How long do the volunteers go in search of the ingredient for Getaflx?
3. After drinking the antidote, what does Crismus order the Roman guards to do?
4. Who talks about the plot to overthrow Caesar?
5. What is happening to the cart seller that he does not notice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Crismus over-confident?
2. What are Crimus Bonus and Marcus Ginantonicus plotting?
3. What does the cloak in the tent signify?
4. Why are strawberries important to Getaflix?
5. Describe Caesar.
6. How does the audience receive the lesson or message that "wrong begets punishment" in the final section of the novel?
7. How does Asterix gain access to Getaflix's tent?
8. Describe Crismus Bonus.
9. How are future adventures foreshadowed by the end of the novel?
10. How does Getaflix render the Romans powerless?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some instances of magic and the supernatural displayed throughout the novel? What is the significance of potions? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Politics are also referred to in the book. Goscinny refers to the politics of Roman colonists and Gaul citizens. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Goscinny incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Asterix the Gaul is written in the third-person omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Asterix? Explain.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)