Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Asterix and Getafix into the woods to find a cure?
2. When Asterix and Getafix leave the tent, who arrives soon after?
3. Despite Crismus' accusation against him, what does Getafix insist?
4. What would the person(s) who overthrow Caesar receive in return for his/their efforts?
5. When Asterix sees a heavily guarded tent, what does he say to the guards in front?
Essay Topic 1
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Gaul village. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Goscinny is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, puns, and irony, briefly describe them, and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Asterix the Gaul is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve the visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. The author uses imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this graphic novel.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)