|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Asterix and Getafix doing that infuriates Crismus when he goes to talk to them?
2. What does Asterix do that Getafix considers madness?
3. Who is the Centurion leader?
4. Who does Asterix secretly go in search of inside the city?
5. When Crismus tries to test his new strength, what is he able to lift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
2. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
3. Describe Caesar.
4. How does Asterix use his cunning to rescue Getafix?
5. Why is it difficult to get strawberries?
6. How does Crismus Bonus respond when he hears about Asterix's arrival?
7. What happens when the Gauls convey the antidote to the Romans?
8. How does the audience receive the lesson or message that "wrong begets punishment" in the final section of the novel?
9. Why does Crismus Bonus cry?
10. How is Crismus over-confident?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Asterix the Gaul is a classic graphic novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What are some instances of magic and the supernatural displayed throughout the novel? What is the significance of potions? Describe.
Essay Topic 3
Politics are also referred to in the book. Goscinny refers to the politics of Roman colonists and Gaul citizens. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Goscinny incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)