|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people try Getaflx's concoction?
2. What does Asterix do that Getafix considers madness?
3. Who finally volunteers for Crimus Bonus' request?
4. What would the person(s) who overthrow Caesar receive in return for his/their efforts?
5. Who is talking to Crismus in the tent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it difficult to get strawberries?
2. How do Getaflix and Asterix fool the Romans with their potion?
3. How is Crismus over-confident?
4. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
5. Why does Crismus Bonus cry?
6. Why is Getaflix willing to give in to Crismus' demand?
7. Why are strawberries important to Getaflix?
8. Why does Crismus get angry with Getaflix in Section 4?
9. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
10. How does the audience receive the lesson or message that "wrong begets punishment" in the final section of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Getaflix. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Getaflix's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Gaul village. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of intelligence. Identify at least two motifs about cunning and intelligence in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)