|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who easily defeats the Romans in their efforts?
2. How long do the volunteers go in search of the ingredient for Getaflx?
3. How does Getafix calm down Crismus?
4. How does Crismus realize that he is at the mercy of Getafix?
5. Who talks about the plot to overthrow Caesar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Gauls convey the antidote to the Romans?
2. Describe Caesar.
3. How does Getaflix render the Romans powerless?
4. How does Crismus Bonus respond when he hears about Asterix's arrival?
5. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
6. Why is it difficult to get strawberries?
7. What are Crimus Bonus and Marcus Ginantonicus plotting?
8. How do Getaflix and Asterix fool the Romans with their potion?
9. What makes Crismus furious with Asterix and Getaflix?
10. How does Asterix redeem himself in front of Caesar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Asterix the Gaul is a classic graphic novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Asterix the Gaul. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Politics are also referred to in the book. Goscinny refers to the politics of Roman colonists and Gaul citizens. Discuss the use of politics in the graphic novel. Do you think politics are an important part of the book? Explain. How else could Goscinny incorporate politics into the book? Also examine the use of politics in relationships.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)