|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While traveling on the road to find Getafix, who does Asterix meet?
2. What does Obelix love to eat?
3. How does Caligula manipulate Getafix?
4. What does the Romans' actions towards Caligula reveal about them?
5. Who is the druid in question in Section 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caligula become convinced of by the end of Section 1?
2. What happens to Getaflix in the Gaulish village in Section 2?
3. Why is Obelix not allowed to drink the potion?
4. How do the Romans decide who will be Crismus' spy?
5. How does Asterix gain entrance into the Compendium?
6. Describe Obelix.
7. What does Crismus Bonus ask Caligula for?
8. Describe the conditions in Gaul when the novel begins.
9. How do the Romans test to find out how long the potion lasts?
10. What does Crimus Bonus' scheme of a Roman spy foreshadow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some instances of magic and the supernatural displayed throughout the novel? What is the significance of potions? Describe.
Essay Topic 2
Goscinny constantly brings up allusions and imagery associated with strength. Give three examples of how strength is portrayed and characters who unexpectedly show great confidence in Asterix the Gaul.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Getaflix. What is his role in the story? What was the author trying to accomplish by creating Getaflix's character in the novel?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)