|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Asterix introduce the impostor to?
2. When Caligula consumes the potion, what is he able to do?
3. Where does Asterix hide while traveling with his new friend, the business person, to find Getafix?
4. How many soldiers attack Asterix while he is hunting?
5. What does Getafix show Caligula?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Roman guard's solution for discovering the secret to the potion?
2. How does Caligula manipulate Getaflix?
3. Why is Obelix not allowed to drink the potion?
4. How do the Romans decide who will be Crismus' spy?
5. What happens when Asterix is hunting in the woods?
6. Why is Getaflix in a tree?
7. What happens to Getaflix in the Gaulish village in Section 2?
8. What does Caligula become convinced of by the end of Section 1?
9. Describe Asterix.
10. What does Crimus Bonus' scheme of a Roman spy foreshadow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of intelligence. Identify at least two motifs about cunning and intelligence in the book. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book Asterix the Gaul? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Asterix the Gaul with one or more of Goscinny's other books in the series. Which is, in your opinion, the best? Explain. Which did you like the least? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)