|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Getafix searching for in the tree when Asterix comes to him?
2. What does the Romans' actions towards Caligula reveal about them?
3. While traveling on the road to find Getafix, who does Asterix meet?
4. Why do the guards almost prevent the business person from entering their city?
5. What is the impostor determined to do after he explores the Gaul village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Crismus Bonus want the potion?
2. How does Asterix plan to rescue Getaflix?
3. What is Asterix's solution to help the ox seller?
4. Why is Obelix not allowed to drink the potion?
5. Describe Caligula.
6. How do the Gauls celebrate?
7. How does Asterix attempt to console the Gauls after Caligula escapes?
8. What happens when Asterix is hunting in the woods?
9. What happens when Getaflix shows the potion to Caligula?
10. How do the Romans test to find out how long the potion lasts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The idea of the weak who defeat the strong appeals," says Uderzo of the popularity of the comic series. What do you think of this statement? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
One of the main themes in the book is good versus evil. List at least four examples where the author employs this specific theme. Is the battle between good and evil obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in the battle? Do you think the right person won? Does good always triumph over evil? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Asterix the Gaul is a classic graphic novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)