|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Asterix and Obelix eating at their meal?
2. What does Asterix accidentally do to Getafix when he leaves?
3. Who is the illustrator of the graphic novel Asterix the Gaul?
4. What happened to Obelix as a baby?
5. What does the impostor see when he travels through the Gaul village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Asterix attempt to console the Gauls after Caligula escapes?
2. What does Crimus Bonus' scheme of a Roman spy foreshadow?
3. What is unusual about the Gauls to Crismus Bonus?
4. Why is Obelix not allowed to drink the potion?
5. Describe Asterix.
6. How does Asterix gain entrance into the Compendium?
7. What is a Roman guard's solution for discovering the secret to the potion?
8. What happens when Asterix pulls Caligula's mustache?
9. Describe Caligula.
10. What happens when Asterix is hunting in the woods?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Asterix the Gaul. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Create your own brand of fan fiction involving the Gaul village. What scenario would you develop to show the characters' strengths and weaknesses? Who would the other characters be? Would your graphic novel be one story or a series of vignettes? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Goscinny is known for paying homage to various authors and works of literature. Choose at least four references used in the book. Write at least 250 words on each reference. Also add your opinion as to why Goscinny chose that particular author or reference.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)