|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city do Asterix and Getafix return to make the antidote?
2. How many people try Getaflx's concoction?
(a) No one.
(b) Every one.
(c) Just Getafix.
(d) Just Asterix.
3. Who is released temporarily at the end of Section 4?
4. After drinking the antidote, what does Crismus order the Roman guards to do?
(a) Barricade the tent.
(b) Lay siege to the castle.
(c) Attack Asterix and Getafix.
(d) Fight the war.
5. How does Getafix calm down Crismus?
(a) By promising to succeed no matter what.
(b) By promising to never fight with him.
(c) By promising to make the potion anyway.
(d) By promising to find the ingredient himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate meted out to the conspirators against Caesar?
2. Without enough of the ingredient that is missing, what will happen?
3. When Asterix sees a heavily guarded tent, what does he say to the guards in front?
4. Who talks about the plot to overthrow Caesar?
5. Who finally volunteers for Crimus Bonus' request?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
2. How does Asterix gain access to Getaflix's tent?
3. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
4. How do Getaflix and Asterix fool the Romans with their potion?
5. How does Crismus finally receive the strawberries he needs to give Getaflix?
6. Why does Crismus Bonus cry?
7. What is funny about Asterix's behavior when the torturer arrives and what does it signify?
8. How does Asterix use his cunning to rescue Getafix?
9. How are future adventures foreshadowed by the end of the novel?
10. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)