|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Crismus Bonus demands that Asterix surrender, what does Asterix do?
(a) He approaches Crismus and grabs him by the hair, dragging him through the streets.
(b) He exits the tent, throws his arms at Crismus Bonus' feet, and says he surrenders.
(c) He opens his mouth and starts to blow, building a storm that blows away the army.
(d) He begins to swell up in size till he is the size of a mountain and attacks the soldiers.
2. How long do the volunteers go in search of the ingredient for Getaflx?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) A few hours.
(d) Several days.
3. When Asterix and Getafix leave the tent, who arrives soon after?
(a) Caesar, the emperor.
(b) Roman reinforcements.
(c) Obelix, their friend.
(d) Marcus Aurelius.
4. What does Asterix do that Getafix considers madness?
(a) Enters the Compendium alone.
(b) Approaches the owner of the Caves.
(c) Steals the keys to the Centurion.
(d) Leaves the Colliseum.
5. What does Asterix tell the cart seller he must wait for so the joke will be funnier?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the Romans realize soon after Getafix responds to Crismus?
2. Who plots against Caesar?
3. When Asterix is tied to the table, what does he do?
4. What does the person in the tent ask to see from Crismus?
5. When Asterix and Getafix say they are too tired, where do they retire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
2. How are future adventures foreshadowed by the end of the novel?
3. Why are strawberries important to Getaflix?
4. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
5. Describe Crismus Bonus.
6. What are Crimus Bonus and Marcus Ginantonicus plotting?
7. What is funny about Asterix's behavior when the torturer arrives and what does it signify?
8. How does Crismus Bonus respond when he hears about Asterix's arrival?
9. How does Getaflix render the Romans powerless?
10. How does Asterix gain access to Getaflix's tent?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)