|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crismus accuse Getafix of doing?
(a) Breaking out of prison.
(b) Making a non-magical brew.
(c) Dancing with the devil.
(d) Buying old shoes.
2. Who is released temporarily at the end of Section 4?
3. What do the soldiers do to Asterix at Crismus' command?
(a) Lock him in prison.
(b) Tie him to a stake to burn.
(c) Attack him with clubs.
(d) Bind him in chains.
4. Who do the Gauls give the antidote to?
5. What does Crismus Bonus demand that Asterix give him the following morning?
(a) Recipe for the potion.
(b) His directions to Centurion.
(c) His pot of gold.
(d) His sword of truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Asterix and Getafix say they are too tired, where do they retire?
2. What does Getafix tell the Romans about the ingredient?
3. Who is the messenger that returns carrying the missing ingredient Getafix needs?
4. What will the messenger receive in return for his work of finding the missing ingredient?
5. Why are the guards in front of the tent scared of Asterix?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the audience receive the lesson or message that "wrong begets punishment" in the final section of the novel?
2. How is Crismus over-confident?
3. Why is it difficult to get strawberries?
4. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
5. What are Crimus Bonus and Marcus Ginantonicus plotting?
6. Why does Crismus get angry with Getaflix in Section 4?
7. Why are strawberries important to Getaflix?
8. What makes Crismus furious with Asterix and Getaflix?
9. Describe Caesar.
10. What happens to the foolish cart seller?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)