|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all the Romans realize soon after Getafix responds to Crismus?
(a) That they are growing hair.
(b) That they are stronger.
(c) That they can dance better.
(d) That they feel lighter.
2. When Asterix sees a heavily guarded tent, what does he say to the guards in front?
(a) He is sorry for stealing their hats.
(b) He wants directions to the Centurion.
(c) He has come to rescue his friend.
(d) He comes in peace.
3. What does Asterix tell the cart seller he must wait for so the joke will be funnier?
4. Who is the Centurion leader?
(a) Obelix the Boar.
(b) Crismus Bonus.
(c) Asterix the Gaul.
(d) Getafix the Druid.
5. In what language do the Roman guards speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Crismus Bonus demands that Asterix surrender, what does Asterix do?
2. What does Crismus Bonus threaten to do to Asterix?
3. Who gets worried about the volunteer?
4. Where does Getafix go with soldiers in search of ingredients?
5. What is the message or lesson concerning the consequence given to the conspirators?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are strawberries important to Getaflix?
2. Describe Caesar.
3. What does the cloak in the tent signify?
4. How does Crismus finally receive the strawberries he needs to give Getaflix?
5. What happens when the Gauls convey the antidote to the Romans?
6. How does the audience receive the lesson or message that "wrong begets punishment" in the final section of the novel?
7. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
8. Why does Crismus get angry with Getaflix in Section 4?
9. How does Getaflix render the Romans powerless?
10. How does Crismus Bonus respond when he hears about Asterix's arrival?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)