|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drinks the antidote to prove that hair is not growing?
2. When Asterix and Getafix say they are too tired, where do they retire?
(a) Their boat.
(b) Their cave.
(c) Their house.
(d) Their tent.
3. What does Crismus accuse Getafix of doing?
(a) Making a non-magical brew.
(b) Buying old shoes.
(c) Dancing with the devil.
(d) Breaking out of prison.
4. When Asterix sees a heavily guarded tent, what does he say to the guards in front?
(a) He comes in peace.
(b) He wants directions to the Centurion.
(c) He has come to rescue his friend.
(d) He is sorry for stealing their hats.
5. Why are the guards in front of the tent scared of Asterix?
(a) His bulging biceps.
(b) His superhuman strength.
(c) His long hair.
(d) His cunning eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Asterix overhear secretly plotting to overthrow Caesar and establish a triumvirate?
2. Who escorts Asterix and Getafix into the woods to find a cure?
3. What does Crismus Bonus need a volunteer for?
4. Who gets worried about the volunteer?
5. What does Getafix make for Asterix?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Getaflix willing to give in to Crismus' demand?
2. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
3. Why does Crismus get angry with Getaflix in Section 4?
4. Describe Crismus Bonus.
5. How does Crismus Bonus respond when he hears about Asterix's arrival?
6. How is Crismus over-confident?
7. How does the audience receive the lesson or message that "wrong begets punishment" in the final section of the novel?
8. How does Getaflix render the Romans powerless?
9. What are Crimus Bonus and Marcus Ginantonicus plotting?
10. How does Asterix use his cunning to rescue Getafix?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)