|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the guards in front of the tent scared of Asterix?
(a) His cunning eyes.
(b) His bulging biceps.
(c) His superhuman strength.
(d) His long hair.
2. What would the person(s) who overthrow Caesar receive in return for his/their efforts?
(a) Unlimited power.
(b) Control of the magic.
(c) Access to gold.
(d) Caesar's empire.
3. What does the cart seller do to the volunteer?
(a) Bind him.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Cast a spell on him.
(d) Hug him.
4. When Crismus Bonus demands that Asterix surrender, what does Asterix do?
(a) He begins to swell up in size till he is the size of a mountain and attacks the soldiers.
(b) He opens his mouth and starts to blow, building a storm that blows away the army.
(c) He exits the tent, throws his arms at Crismus Bonus' feet, and says he surrenders.
(d) He approaches Crismus and grabs him by the hair, dragging him through the streets.
5. Despite Crismus' accusation against him, what does Getafix insist?
(a) Escape was necessary.
(b) The shoes are good quality.
(c) The devil likes to dance.
(d) The potion is magical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Asterix do that Getafix considers madness?
2. What does Crismus offer in exchange for an antidote?
3. Who do the Romans give the concoction to?
4. Who is the Centurion leader?
5. When Crismus goes to the tent, what does he find in there after Asterix has left?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
2. How does the cart seller respond to Asterix's capture?
3. How does Asterix redeem himself in front of Caesar?
4. How is Crismus over-confident?
5. How do Getaflix and Asterix fool the Romans with their potion?
6. Describe Crismus Bonus.
7. What are Crimus Bonus and Marcus Ginantonicus plotting?
8. How does Getaflix render the Romans powerless?
9. How does Asterix use his cunning to rescue Getafix?
10. How are future adventures foreshadowed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)