|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Crismus tries to test his new strength, what is he able to lift?
(a) A horse.
(b) A rock.
(c) A chariot.
(d) A pebble.
2. Who do the Gauls give the antidote to?
3. Who is the Centurion leader?
(a) Crismus Bonus.
(b) Asterix the Gaul.
(c) Getafix the Druid.
(d) Obelix the Boar.
4. When Asterix and Getafix leave the tent, who arrives soon after?
(a) Caesar, the emperor.
(b) Roman reinforcements.
(c) Marcus Aurelius.
(d) Obelix, their friend.
5. Who finally volunteers for Crimus Bonus' request?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caesar say about Asterix and Getafix?
2. What is the ingredient that Getafix tells Crismus is missing?
3. What does the trick on the Romans involve?
4. What is the fate meted out to the conspirators against Caesar?
5. What do all the Romans realize soon after Getafix responds to Crismus?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Crismus Bonus respond when he hears about Asterix's arrival?
2. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
3. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
4. Why does Crismus Bonus cry?
5. How are future adventures foreshadowed by the end of the novel?
6. What happens to the foolish cart seller?
7. What is funny about Asterix's behavior when the torturer arrives and what does it signify?
8. How is Crismus over-confident?
9. Describe Caesar.
10. Why is Getaflix willing to give in to Crismus' demand?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)