|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Asterix and Getafix leave the tent, who arrives soon after?
(a) Obelix, their friend.
(b) Roman reinforcements.
(c) Marcus Aurelius.
(d) Caesar, the emperor.
2. How does Crismus realize that he is at the mercy of Getafix?
(a) His shoes keep shrinking.
(b) He cannot stop dancing.
(c) He is floating to the ceiling.
(d) He trips on his beard.
3. Where does Getafix go with soldiers in search of ingredients?
4. Who is released temporarily at the end of Section 4?
5. What is Crismus overly confident about regarding Asterix?
(a) That he is weak.
(b) That he will fight again.
(c) That he is defeated.
(d) That he is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crismus Bonus threaten to do to Asterix if Getafix does not help him?
2. Who drinks the antidote to prove that hair is not growing?
3. What do all the Romans realize soon after Getafix responds to Crismus?
4. What do all of the Romans do by the end of Section 3?
5. After drinking the antidote, what does Crismus order the Roman guards to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Asterix fool Crismus Bonus into thinking that he and Getaflix are at Crismus' mercy?
2. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
3. How is Crismus over-confident?
4. How are future adventures foreshadowed by the end of the novel?
5. How do Getaflix and Asterix fool the Romans with their potion?
6. How does Asterix use his cunning to rescue Getafix?
7. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
8. Why is Getaflix willing to give in to Crismus' demand?
9. How does the audience receive the lesson or message that "wrong begets punishment" in the final section of the novel?
10. Describe Crismus Bonus.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)