|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the messengers are gone in search of the ingredients, what do Asterix and Getafix joke about?
(a) Their vacation at Caesar's expense.
(b) Their desire for more wine.
(c) Their ability to defeat all their enemies.
(d) Their willingness to fight all battles.
2. What does Crismus offer as an explanation to the person in the tent?
(a) He was feeling insecure.
(b) He did not hear him come.
(c) He was busy chasing two Gauls.
(d) He overslept.
3. While one guard remains in front of the tent by Asterix, what happens to the other guard?
(a) He hides his head in shame.
(b) He is locked in battle with Asterix.
(c) He runs away in fear.
(d) He goes looking for reinforcements.
4. When Crismus goes to the tent, what does he find in there after Asterix has left?
(a) A cloak.
(b) A book.
(c) A pair of boots.
(d) A goblet.
5. Who does Asterix secretly go in search of inside the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to the cart seller that he does not notice?
2. What is the ingredient that Getafix tells Crismus is missing?
3. When Asterix and Getafix say they are too tired, where do they retire?
4. When the cart seller leaves, what is he excited about?
5. What will the messenger receive in return for his work of finding the missing ingredient?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Caesar not impressed with Crismus?
2. How does the cart seller respond to Asterix's capture?
3. What is funny about Asterix's behavior when the torturer arrives and what does it signify?
4. How does Crismus Bonus respond when he hears about Asterix's arrival?
5. Describe Crismus Bonus.
6. How is Crismus careless and what does this cost him?
7. How does Asterix redeem himself in front of Caesar?
8. How does Asterix gain access to Getaflix's tent?
9. What are three instances that Crismus lies?
10. How does the audience receive the lesson or message that "wrong begets punishment" in the final section of the novel?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)