|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the illustrator of the graphic novel Asterix the Gaul?
(a) Crismus Bonus.
(b) Asterix Getafix.
(c) Albert Uderzo.
(d) Rene Goscinny.
2. Who is the small man who loses in the game the Romans play?
(a) Bard Cacofonix.
(b) Caligula Minus.
(c) Crismus Bonus.
(d) Getafix Vital.
3. What does Obelix observe about the Romans who attacked Asterix?
(a) They will rise up from the dead to commit revenge.
(b) They will be angry for being defeated by one man alone.
(c) They will grow in numbers and strength.
(d) They will overtake all the Gaul villages once and for all.
4. What is Obelix's line of work?
(a) Mountain climber.
(c) Delivery man.
5. Where does Asterix like to hunt?
(a) In the caves.
(b) In the palace grounds.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grows discouraged when Getaflx mocks him?
2. What happened to Obelix as a baby?
3. How does Asterix discover that Caligula is a spy?
4. Who laments joining the guards?
5. What does Asterix do to the chains holding the impostor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caligula become convinced of by the end of Section 1?
2. Why is Getaflix in a tree?
3. Describe the conditions in Gaul when the novel begins.
4. Why is Obelix not allowed to drink the potion?
5. Describe the ox seller.
6. What does Crismus Bonus ask Caligula for?
7. How do the Romans test to find out how long the potion lasts?
8. Describe Caligula.
9. What does Crimus Bonus' scheme of a Roman spy foreshadow?
10. Why does Asterix remain unconcerned about the Romans possibly attacking him?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)