|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the soldiers do to Asterix at Crismus' command?
(a) Attack him with clubs.
(b) Lock him in prison.
(c) Tie him to a stake to burn.
(d) Bind him in chains.
2. When the messenger carries the ingredient to Getafix, what does Getafix do?
(a) Cooks it.
(b) Hides it.
(c) Throws it away.
(d) Eats it.
3. What does Crismus order concerning the tent when Asterix and Getafix return from the woods?
(b) Cordoning off.
(d) Heavy protection.
4. Who escorts Asterix and Getafix into the woods to find a cure?
(d) Roman guards.
5. In what language do the Roman guards speak?
6. Despite Crismus' accusation against him, what does Getafix insist?
(a) The devil likes to dance.
(b) The shoes are good quality.
(c) Escape was necessary.
(d) The potion is magical.
7. When Crismus Bonus demands that Asterix surrender, what does Asterix do?
(a) He opens his mouth and starts to blow, building a storm that blows away the army.
(b) He begins to swell up in size till he is the size of a mountain and attacks the soldiers.
(c) He exits the tent, throws his arms at Crismus Bonus' feet, and says he surrenders.
(d) He approaches Crismus and grabs him by the hair, dragging him through the streets.
8. How does Crismus realize that he is at the mercy of Getafix?
(a) His shoes keep shrinking.
(b) He trips on his beard.
(c) He is floating to the ceiling.
(d) He cannot stop dancing.
9. What are Asterix and Getafix doing that infuriates Crismus when he goes to talk to them?
(a) Counting Romans with beards.
(b) Drinking beer.
(c) Playing a game of poker.
(d) Laughing belly laughs.
10. What does Getafix offer to do in return for Asterix's freedom?
(a) Cook a meal.
(b) Make the potion.
(c) Steam a fish.
(d) Bake a pie.
11. Without enough of the ingredient that is missing, what will happen?
(a) The cake will not be magical.
(b) The pie will not cook properly.
(c) The fish will not be seasoned.
(d) The potion will not taste as good.
12. Who easily defeats the Romans in their efforts?
13. What do all of the Romans do by the end of Section 3?
(a) Eat the fish.
(b) Drink the potion.
(c) Lie down.
(d) Fight Asterix.
14. What does the trick on the Romans involve?
(a) Crismus' crying.
(b) Asterix's cunning.
(c) The cart seller's deceit.
(d) Getafix's magic.
15. What does Crismus realize he must do to be cured by Getafix?
(a) Strike a bargain.
(b) Give up his role.
(c) Pay them money.
(d) Free them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people try Getaflx's concoction?
2. What would the person(s) who overthrow Caesar receive in return for his/their efforts?
3. Who is the messenger that returns carrying the missing ingredient Getafix needs?
4. Who emerges as an untrustworthy character by the end of Section 4?
5. What does Crismus Bonus demand that Asterix give him the following morning?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)