|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to the cart seller that he does not notice?
(a) He is getting taller.
(b) He is getting hairy.
(c) He is getting stronger.
(d) He is getting shorter.
2. When Crismus tries to test his new strength, what is he able to lift?
(a) A rock.
(b) A chariot.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pebble.
3. What is the message or lesson concerning the consequence given to the conspirators?
(a) Wrong begets wrong.
(b) Good is hard to come by.
(c) It is hard to define what is right or wrong.
(d) Wrong begets punishment.
4. What does Caesar say about Asterix and Getafix?
(a) He will meet them again.
(b) He forgives their trespasses.
(c) He loves them unconditionally.
(d) He considers them heroes.
5. What does Getafix make for Asterix?
(a) Elderberry magic.
(c) Love potion.
(d) Strength potion.
6. What does Crismus offer in exchange for an antidote?
(a) Access to all of his possessions.
(b) Ownership over his land.
(c) To pay them gold.
(d) To free the prisoners.
7. When Asterix sees a heavily guarded tent, what does he say to the guards in front?
(a) He comes in peace.
(b) He has come to rescue his friend.
(c) He wants directions to the Centurion.
(d) He is sorry for stealing their hats.
8. What does the cart seller do to the volunteer?
(a) Cast a spell on him.
(b) Hit him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Bind him.
9. What does the person in the tent ask to see from Crismus?
(a) The two Gauls.
(b) His pillow.
(c) Crismus' ears.
(d) Crismus' boots.
10. What do the soldiers do to Asterix at Crismus' command?
(a) Tie him to a stake to burn.
(b) Attack him with clubs.
(c) Bind him in chains.
(d) Lock him in prison.
11. How does Crismus realize that he is at the mercy of Getafix?
(a) He cannot stop dancing.
(b) He trips on his beard.
(c) His shoes keep shrinking.
(d) He is floating to the ceiling.
12. What does Crismus Bonus demand that Asterix give him the following morning?
(a) His sword of truth.
(b) His directions to Centurion.
(c) His pot of gold.
(d) Recipe for the potion.
13. What is the ingredient that Getafix tells Crismus is missing?
14. Who escorts Asterix and Getafix into the woods to find a cure?
(d) Roman guards.
15. Who do the Romans give the concoction to?
(d) Cart seller.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Crismus goes to the tent, what does he find in there after Asterix has left?
2. Who emerges as an untrustworthy character by the end of Section 4?
3. To what city do Asterix and Getafix return to make the antidote?
4. What does Crismus beg Getafix to give him?
5. When the cart seller leaves, what is he excited about?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)