|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the game that the Roman soldiers play?
(a) King of Spades.
(d) Musical chairs.
2. What are some of the motions called for before commencing the event that Chief Vitalstatistix is eager to start?
(a) Hitting a drum.
(b) Playing the flute.
(c) Clanging cymbals.
(d) Pulling mustaches.
3. Who is the village druid?
4. Who joins Asterix and Obelix in their meal?
5. Apart from occasional attacks by whom, does peace reign between the Gauls and Romans?
6. Why do the guards almost prevent the business person from entering their city?
(a) Because he is laughing so hard.
(b) Because he looks suspicious.
(c) Because his furs are stinky.
(d) Because he carries a Gaul flag.
7. Who turns out to be a dimwitted fool by the end of Section 2?
(a) Cart seller.
8. What does Crismus ask Caligula to do to see the power of Getafix's magic?
(a) Fly over the castle.
(b) Braid his hair.
(c) Hold up a rock.
(d) Act like a woman.
9. Where does the road that Asterix travels on lead to?
10. What does Getafix show Caligula?
(a) A door with many keys.
(b) A tub full of toys.
(c) A cauldron full of potion.
(d) A room full of maps.
11. What happens when Asterix and Obelix fight the Roman soldiers?
(a) They win.
(b) They lose.
(c) They both are caught in a flood.
(d) It is a tie.
12. Who is the small man who loses in the game the Romans play?
(a) Caligula Minus.
(b) Getafix Vital.
(c) Bard Cacofonix.
(d) Crismus Bonus.
13. Who starts to sing while everyone becomes busy or goes away?
(a) Crismus Bonus.
(b) Getafix Vital.
(c) Caligula Minus.
(d) Bard Cacofonix.
14. What do the Roman soldiers say to Crismus Bonus about their spy?
(a) He has been captured.
(b) He has been victorious in battle.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He infiltrated the Gaul village.
15. When Caligula is exhilarated by the effect of the potion, what does he do?
(a) Pick out dresses to wear.
(b) Parade around the room.
(c) Throw the rock into the air.
(d) Jump over the balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who captures Getaflx while he is searching for his magical ingredient?
2. Whose behavior of lamenting his fate and whining reveals his character as weak and cowardly in Section 1?
3. Who is the illustrator of the graphic novel Asterix the Gaul?
4. Why is Obelix worried about Asterix?
5. What is dangerous for Obelix to do?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)