|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose behavior of lamenting his fate and whining reveals his character as weak and cowardly in Section 1?
2. Who is the Roman leader that Crismus plots against?
3. When Asterix is worried about Getaflx, what does this reveal about Getaflx?
(a) He is Asterix's teacher.
(b) He is old and frail.
(c) He is important to both the Gauls and the Romans.
(d) He is Asterix's grandfather.
4. Who reminds the Gauls to take a potion in the Gaul village?
(a) Getafix Vital.
(b) Chief Vitalstatistix.
(c) Caligula Minus.
(d) Crismus Bonus.
5. Who turns out to be Asterix's friends by the end of Section 2?
(a) Obelix, Getafix, and cart seller.
(b) Getafix, snake charmer, and Bonus.
(c) Crismus, Caesar, and Obelix.
(d) Marcus, Mingus, and Obelix.
6. What does Asterix accidentally do to Getafix when he leaves?
(a) Forget him.
(b) Trip him.
(c) Hurt him.
(d) Drop him.
7. Where is Asterix when he is worried about the disappearance of Getafix?
(a) Greek stronghold.
(c) Gaul village.
8. What happens when Asterix and Obelix fight the Roman soldiers?
(a) They win.
(b) It is a tie.
(c) They both are caught in a flood.
(d) They lose.
9. What does the Romans' actions towards Caligula reveal about them?
(a) They are warm and generous.
(b) They are feisty and stupid.
(c) They are treacherous and deceitful.
(d) They are loving and compassionate.
10. Where does the road that Asterix travels on lead to?
11. What does Asterix do to the soldiers who attack him?
(a) Defeat them.
(b) Burn them.
(c) Criticize them.
(d) Lock them up.
12. Who is the leader of the Compendium?
(a) Crismus Bonus.
(b) Obelix the Giant.
(c) Getafix the Prince.
(d) Asterix the Gaul.
13. Who captures Getaflx while he is searching for his magical ingredient?
14. What is Obelix's relationship to Asterix?
15. What are some of the motions called for before commencing the event that Chief Vitalstatistix is eager to start?
(a) Clanging cymbals.
(b) Pulling mustaches.
(c) Playing the flute.
(d) Hitting a drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Asterix plan on finding and rescuing Getafix?
2. What does Caligula inform Cristus Bonus about the Gauls?
3. What do the Roman soldiers say to Crismus Bonus about their spy?
4. Who does Asterix introduce the impostor to?
5. What is Getafix searching for in the tree when Asterix comes to him?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)