|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie wearing under his suit?
2. What does Frank have removed from the store, with Ida's permission?
3. What does Frank carve for Helen out of wood?
4. By how much money is Morris' register short?
5. After Frank and Helen's first kiss, what does Helen do when Frank is not looking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans does Helen have if she and Frank get married?
2. How does Frank plan on convincing Morris to let him stay?
3. What options are left open for the Bobers and their store?
4. What happens to Karp's liquor store? How does Morris feel about it?
5. What is the skinny man's proposition? What does Morris do?
6. What did Charlie Sobeloff do to Morris?
7. How are Helen's feelings for Frank changing?
8. How does Frank feel about his actions? What did he do to Helen?
9. Describe the nightmare Morris has. What do you think it means?
10. How does Helen feel about Frank not being Jewish?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the plight of family-owned business in the industrialized world. Be sure to address:
1) Threats to and challenges faced by family-owned business in America and worldwide.
2) How important you feel protecting family-owned business is, and why.
3) Policy suggestions for protecting and improving family-owned business.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on Jewish culture, tradition, and custom. Be sure to address:
1) What you feel it means to be Jewish.
2) Unique aspects of Jewish culture.
3) The contributions of the Jewish people to America.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the symbols used by the author in the novel. Be sure to address at least three symbols used by the author, with the essay focusing on their deeper meaning and role within the story.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)