|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank discover while out walking?
2. What did Frank have a role in?
3. What happens to Betty Pearl?
4. What does Ida hate to touch?
5. What time does Helen come home at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank plan on convincing Morris to let him stay?
2. How does Frank do while filling in for Morris?
3. How is business at the store improving? Why?
4. According to Morris, what does it mean to be Jewish?
5. Why does Ida resent Morris and their current situation? What responsibility does she have for the state of their lives?
6. What happens when Helen goes to meet Frank to tell him that she loves him?
7. What does Helen give Frank to prepare him for school? How does Frank react?
8. What goes through Morris' mind as he lies in bed?
9. What plans does Helen have if she and Frank get married?
10. How does Helen react to Nat's telephone call?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the death of Morris Bober. Be sure to address:
1) Why you feel the author decided to 'kill off' Morris.
2) The message and meaning behind Morris' death.
3) The importance of the timing of Morris' death.
4) How Morris' death affected you personally as a reader.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing the symbols used by the author in the novel. Be sure to address at least three symbols used by the author, with the essay focusing on their deeper meaning and role within the story.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing the process of bankruptcy in your country. Be sure to address:
1) The history of bankruptcy and origins of the word.
2) The basic process of bankruptcy for a small or large business.
3) How Morris Bober viewed the threat of bankruptcy, whether or not he considered it an option, and why.
4) The current bankruptcy rate in your country, and the main factors behind the statistics.
This section contains 1,953 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)