Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who telephones Helen?
2. How does Frank feel about Jews?
3. What did Frank have a role in?
4. How much money in sales did Ida take in while Morris slept?
5. What does Louis say Helen makes him do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Helen and Frank's arguments about sex, and how they are resolved.
2. How does Morris feel about owning the store?
3. How does Frank feel about Helen?
4. How are Helen's feelings for Frank changing?
5. How does Frank intend to beat the Norwegians?
6. How does Morris view his luck in this chapter?
7. How does Frank feel about life at the store?
8. What did Charlie Sobeloff do to Morris?
9. How does Frank plan on convincing Morris to let him stay?
10. What does Frank want from Morris? What else might he be interested in?
Write an essay on the role of the family provider. Be sure to address:
1) Changing trends in family providers, including gender roles, state involvement, and so on.
2) How being a family provider is dealt with in THE ASSISTANT, and the issues characters face in regards to being a provider.
3) Important characteristics and personality traits of a good family provider.
Write an essay on the American Dream. Be sure to address:
1) What the American Dream means to you.
2) Obstacles faced by new Americans trying to achieve the American Dream.
3) Whether or not you feel the American Dream is still alive today, and why.
Write an essay on the character strengths and weaknesses of Morris Bober. Be sure to address:
1) How Morris character traits influence his past and present life.
2) How Morris views and responds to the world and opportunities around him.
3) Whether or not you feel Morris is a tragically flawed character, and why (with evidence from the text).
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)