Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who telephones Helen?
2. How does Frank feel about Jews?
3. What did Frank have a role in?
4. How much money in sales did Ida take in while Morris slept?
5. What does Louis say Helen makes him do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Helen and Frank's arguments about sex, and how they are resolved.
2. How does Morris feel about owning the store?
3. How does Frank feel about Helen?
4. How are Helen's feelings for Frank changing?
5. How does Frank intend to beat the Norwegians?
6. How does Morris view his luck in this chapter?
7. How does Frank feel about life at the store?
8. What did Charlie Sobeloff do to Morris?
9. How does Frank plan on convincing Morris to let him stay?
10. What does Frank want from Morris? What else might he be interested in?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing the process of bankruptcy in your country. Be sure to address:
1) The history of bankruptcy and origins of the word.
2) The basic process of bankruptcy for a small or large business.
3) How Morris Bober viewed the threat of bankruptcy, whether or not he considered it an option, and why.
4) The current bankruptcy rate in your country, and the main factors behind the statistics.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the use of dreams and dream sequences in THE ASSISTANT. Be sure to address:
1) The role of dreams in the novel.
2) Examples of how dreams have influenced characters and foreshadowed events.
3) What you feel the role of dreams are in our everyday lives.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the character strengths and weaknesses of Morris Bober. Be sure to address:
1) How Morris character traits influence his past and present life.
2) How Morris views and responds to the world and opportunities around him.
3) Whether or not you feel Morris is a tragically flawed character, and why (with evidence from the text).
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)