Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who telephones Helen?
2. How does Frank feel about Jews?
3. What did Frank have a role in?
4. How much money in sales did Ida take in while Morris slept?
5. What does Louis say Helen makes him do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Helen and Frank's arguments about sex, and how they are resolved.
2. How does Morris feel about owning the store?
3. How does Frank feel about Helen?
4. How are Helen's feelings for Frank changing?
5. How does Frank intend to beat the Norwegians?
6. How does Morris view his luck in this chapter?
7. How does Frank feel about life at the store?
8. What did Charlie Sobeloff do to Morris?
9. How does Frank plan on convincing Morris to let him stay?
10. What does Frank want from Morris? What else might he be interested in?
Research and write an essay on the history of ethnic groups in New York City. Be sure to address:
1) Early ethnic groups to settle in New York.
2) Conflicts between ethnic groups in New York.
3) The current state of multiculturalism in New York today.
Write an essay on the life choices made by character in THE ASSISTANT. Be sure to address:
1) Themes and examples of regret and missed opportunities.
2) Examples of good and bad life choices made by characters in the novel.
3) The message you feel Bernard Malamud is communicating to readers regarding life choices.
Write an essay on the character strengths and weaknesses of Morris Bober. Be sure to address:
1) How Morris character traits influence his past and present life.
2) How Morris views and responds to the world and opportunities around him.
3) Whether or not you feel Morris is a tragically flawed character, and why (with evidence from the text).
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)