Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who telephones Helen?
2. How does Frank feel about Jews?
3. What did Frank have a role in?
4. How much money in sales did Ida take in while Morris slept?
5. What does Louis say Helen makes him do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Helen and Frank's arguments about sex, and how they are resolved.
2. How does Morris feel about owning the store?
3. How does Frank feel about Helen?
4. How are Helen's feelings for Frank changing?
5. How does Frank intend to beat the Norwegians?
6. How does Morris view his luck in this chapter?
7. How does Frank feel about life at the store?
8. What did Charlie Sobeloff do to Morris?
9. How does Frank plan on convincing Morris to let him stay?
10. What does Frank want from Morris? What else might he be interested in?
Write an essay on the death of Morris Bober. Be sure to address:
1) Why you feel the author decided to 'kill off' Morris.
2) The message and meaning behind Morris' death.
3) The importance of the timing of Morris' death.
4) How Morris' death affected you personally as a reader.
Write an essay on the use of dreams and dream sequences in THE ASSISTANT. Be sure to address:
1) The role of dreams in the novel.
2) Examples of how dreams have influenced characters and foreshadowed events.
3) What you feel the role of dreams are in our everyday lives.
Write an essay describing your vision of the ideal lifestyle. Be sure to address:
1) What you feel are the most important aspects of a good lifestyle, and what to avoid.
2) How one can attain the ideal lifestyle, and how realistic this lifestyle is.
3) How THE ASSISTANT by Bernard Malamud has influenced your view of the ideal lifestyle.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)