|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ida promise to leave for Podolsky if he buys the business?
(a) A thousand dollars cash for stock.
(b) The furnishings for the house.
(c) The keys.
(d) Her recipes.
2. Who is Charlie Sobeloff?
(a) Morris' old partner.
(b) Morris' arch enemy.
(c) Morris' lawyer.
(d) Morris' cousin.
3. What more does Frank want from Helen?
(d) To make their relationship public.
4. Where are the new owners of the grocery store around the corner from?
5. What is Morris already aware of?
(a) Frank's role in the hold-up.
(b) That Frank is a changed man.
(c) That the store is failing.
(d) That Frank is in love with Helen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Rabbi describe Morris?
2. When will the grocery store around the corner re-open?
3. Who tries to rape Helen?
4. What does Morris catch Frank doing?
5. Who comes looking for Frank at the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Helen's feelings for Frank changing?
2. How does Frank intend to beat the Norwegians?
3. What is the skinny man's proposition? What does Morris do?
4. How does Morris nearly die? Who saves him?
5. How does Helen feel about her father's funeral, and his life?
6. What happens to Karp's liquor store? How does Morris feel about it?
7. Describe Helen and Frank's first kiss.
8. What plans does Helen have if she and Frank get married?
9. What happens when Helen goes to meet Frank to tell him that she loves him?
10. How does Morris view his luck in this chapter?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)