|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ward die?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) In a fire.
(c) His father beats him to death with a nightstick.
(d) He dies of pneumonia.
2. Who puts out the fire that Morris starts?
3. How does Frank spoil the funeral?
(a) He gets drunk and makes a bad joke.
(b) He cries too loudly.
(c) He tries to kiss Helen and causes a scene.
(d) He falls in the grave.
4. By how much money is Morris' register short?
(a) A dime.
(b) Fifty-five cents.
(c) A dollar and a half.
(d) One dollar.
5. Who tries to rape Helen?
(a) A homeless man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of experience does Morris have as a counterman?
2. What does Helen not attend, blaming her father's illness?
3. Who does Ida say Helen should marry?
4. In what place does Frank seem surer of himself?
5. What does Tessie discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Helen and Frank's first kiss.
2. How does Ward die?
3. What did Charlie Sobeloff do to Morris?
4. How does Frank feel about his actions? What did he do to Helen?
5. What happens to Karp's liquor store? How does Morris feel about it?
6. How does Frank plan on convincing Morris to let him stay?
7. What happens when Helen goes to meet Frank to tell him that she loves him?
8. How are Helen's feelings for Frank changing?
9. Describe Helen and Frank's arguments about sex, and how they are resolved.
10. How does Morris view his luck in this chapter?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)