|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Morris after going outside?
(a) He is mugged and badly beaten.
(b) He gets sick.
(c) He passes out in the snow.
(d) He feels refreshed and alive.
2. According to Karp, what is in every clerk's nature?
3. What type of disease does Schmitz have?
(b) Typhoid fever.
(c) A blood disease.
(d) Brain cancer.
4. Who tries to rape Helen?
(a) A homeless man.
5. What more does Frank want from Helen?
(c) To make their relationship public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who smelled the gas first?
2. How does the Rabbi describe Morris?
3. What is the name of Breitbart's son?
4. Who puts out the fire that Morris starts?
5. How many days does Morris spend in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Morris nearly die? Who saves him?
2. How are Helen's feelings for Frank changing?
3. Describe Helen and Frank's first kiss.
4. How does business at the store change? What does Frank do to try and help it?
5. How does Frank intend to beat the Norwegians?
6. What goes through Morris' mind as he lies in bed?
7. What plans does Helen have if she and Frank get married?
8. Describe Helen and Frank's arguments about sex, and how they are resolved.
9. What options are left open for the Bobers and their store?
10. What is the skinny man's proposition? What does Morris do?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)