|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Frank struggling to realize himself as?
(a) A lover.
(b) A scholar.
(c) A grocer.
(d) A person.
2. Who does Morris dream of?
(a) His mother.
(b) His home country.
3. What type of disease does Schmitz have?
(a) Typhoid fever.
(b) Brain cancer.
(c) A blood disease.
4. What happened to Karp on the night of the fire?
(a) He found religion.
(b) He was in a car accident.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He went missing.
5. Who will buy Morris' house and store?
(a) The immigrant.
(c) The U.S. government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Morris after going outside?
2. Who tries to rape Helen?
3. What have Morris and Helen not told Ida?
4. What month is it in this chapter?
5. What does Nick smell in the hall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Charlie Sobeloff do to Morris?
2. What is the skinny man's proposition? What does Morris do?
3. How does Frank plan on convincing Morris to let him stay?
4. What arrangement does Karp propose to Morris?
5. How does Frank intend to beat the Norwegians?
6. How does Morris view his luck in this chapter?
7. What goes through Morris' mind as he lies in bed?
8. How are Helen's feelings for Frank changing?
9. Describe the nightmare Morris has. What do you think it means?
10. How does Morris nearly die? Who saves him?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)