|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Morris average for the last two weeks in December?
2. How does Frank feel about what he does?
3. Where does Frank Alpine say he is living?
(a) In the trainyard.
(b) On the street.
(c) With his sister.
(d) In a hostel.
4. What color are Helen's eyes?
5. How much spending money does Ida give Frank every evening?
(a) Two nickels.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A penny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morris suspect Frank of doing?
2. What does Louis say Helen makes him do?
3. What favor does Frank do for Morris?
4. Who is Otto Vogel?
5. What does Louis ask Helen to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank get a chance to talk to Helen? How does Helen react?
2. What does Helen give Frank to prepare him for school? How does Frank react?
3. What does Frank Alpine say about his luck and opportunities?
4. How is business at the store?
5. How is business at the store improving? Why?
6. What kind of a living does Morris make? What is ruining Morris' business?
7. How does Helen react to Nat's telephone call?
8. What do Louis and Helen talk about when they go for a ride?
9. What does Morris do for the young girl? What does this tell you about his character?
10. How does Frank feel about Helen?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)