|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frank recognize in the stories?
(a) Famous people from history.
(d) People that he used to know.
2. What is the name of the old Polish woman's dog?
3. What book is Helen reading on the subway?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) Tom Sawyer.
(c) The Oddessy.
(d) Don Quixote.
4. What does Helen do before going to bed?
(a) Takes a shower.
(b) Pays a visit to Frank.
(c) Makes her lunch for the coming day.
(d) Practices the piano.
5. What age does Helen miss?
(a) Her twentieth year.
(c) Sweet sixteen.
(d) The years before thirteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much spending money does Ida give Frank every evening?
2. What does Morris average for the last two weeks in December?
3. What does Frank secretly do while he works?
4. What month is it at the beginning of the novel?
5. Who is in the picture that catches Frank Alpine's eye?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nick, the tenant, do to offend Morris?
2. What does Frank want from Morris? What else might he be interested in?
3. What kind of a living does Morris make? What is ruining Morris' business?
4. How does Frank feel about Helen?
5. What traumatic event caused a change in Morris' habits?
6. What does Morris do for the young girl? What does this tell you about his character?
7. What does Helen give Frank to prepare him for school? How does Frank react?
8. How does Frank reward himself for working hard? Is this suspicious?
9. What happens to Morris at the end of the chapter? How does this event reflect his life?
10. Who is the man hanging around the neighborhood?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)