|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Nick's sweater?
2. According to Morris, what kills the small man?
(a) The big man.
(b) The chain store.
(c) The flu.
(d) Lack of ambition.
3. What does Morris average for the last two weeks in December?
4. Who does Helen tell Ida that she is meeting at the library?
(a) Nat Pearl.
(b) A new guy.
(c) Clark Gable.
5. What time does Morris arrive at the store?
(a) Quarter after seven.
(b) Ten after six.
(c) Eight-thirty on the dot.
(d) Half-past five.
Short Answer Questions
1. What virtue is very important to Frank?
2. What type of car does Louis Karp drive?
3. What does Frank have trouble doing?
4. When does Helen usually drop her friends?
5. Who does Frank recognize in the stories?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Morris at the end of the chapter? How does this event reflect his life?
2. Describe Frank's early family life.
3. What does Morris do for the young girl? What does this tell you about his character?
4. What does Frank Alpine say about his luck and opportunities?
5. Describe the relationship between the old woman and the Bobers.
6. How is business at the store improving? Why?
7. How does Frank feel about Helen?
8. How is business at the store?
9. What terrible things are revealed about Frank in this chapter?
10. How does Frank get a chance to talk to Helen? How does Helen react?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)