|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day is the store closed?
2. What does the old woman want?
(d) Rye bread.
3. What does Ida suspect?
(a) That there is something between Frank and Helen.
(b) That Frank is stealing from the store.
(c) That Frank is not who he says he is.
(d) That Frank is a gangster.
4. How did Morris' son die?
(a) An ear sickness.
(b) A blood clot in his brain.
(c) A stomach flu.
(d) A lung infection.
5. What did doctors find in Morris' lungs?
(a) Scar tissue.
(d) Dry spots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit does Ida nag Morris about?
2. Who does Frank recognize in the stories?
3. What type of car does Louis Karp drive?
4. What favor does Frank do for Morris?
5. What did Frank do with his portion of the money from the heist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think the relevance of St. Francis is to the story?
2. How does Frank feel about Helen?
3. What terrible things are revealed about Frank in this chapter?
4. How is business at the store around Christmas? What explanation does Ida give for this?
5. How does Frank do while filling in for Morris?
6. How is business at the store improving? Why?
7. How does Ida feel about Frank? Is her opinion of him changing?
8. What traumatic event caused a change in Morris' habits?
9. How does Frank reward himself for working hard? Is this suspicious?
10. What does Frank Alpine say about his luck and opportunities?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)