|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ward die?
(a) His father beats him to death with a nightstick.
(b) In a fire.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He dies of pneumonia.
2. How much money does Frank borrow from Sam Pearl to re-open the store?
(a) Eight dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Fifty thousand dollars.
3. What material does the skinny man demonstrate for Morris?
4. What does Tessie discover?
(a) Frank's gun.
(b) That Morris has cancer.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That Ward is planning on killing Frank and Helen.
5. What is luck?
(a) A talent.
(b) A friend.
(c) A trickster.
(d) A gift.
6. What happens to Morris after going outside?
(a) He feels refreshed and alive.
(b) He passes out in the snow.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) He is mugged and badly beaten.
7. What does Ida promise to leave for Podolsky if he buys the business?
(a) Her recipes.
(b) The keys.
(c) The furnishings for the house.
(d) A thousand dollars cash for stock.
8. What does Morris look at while walking along the street?
(a) Job ads.
(b) Happy couples.
(c) Store windows.
9. According to Helen, what is 'love' when it comes from Frank's mouth?
(a) A lie.
(c) A disease.
(d) A dirty word.
10. What happened to Karp on the night of the fire?
(a) He found religion.
(b) He had a heart attack.
(c) He went missing.
(d) He was in a car accident.
11. Who smelled the gas first?
12. Who does Ida say Helen should marry?
(a) The doctor.
(b) Louis Karp.
(c) Frank Alpine.
(d) Nat Pearl.
13. What will the detective do if he sees Ward again?
(a) Murder him.
(b) Break his nose.
(c) Hospitalize him.
(d) Look the other way.
14. What is Frank struggling to realize himself as?
(a) A scholar.
(b) A person.
(c) A grocer.
(d) A lover.
15. When will Morris be without a business for the first time in decades?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Frank and Helen's first kiss, what does Helen do when Frank is not looking?
2. What is Charlie wearing under his suit?
3. How much money does Morris figure he will have after paying down his debts?
4. What does the doctor listen to?
5. What does Helen not attend, blaming her father's illness?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)