|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who puts out the fire that Morris starts?
2. What will the detective do if he sees Ward again?
(a) Look the other way.
(b) Hospitalize him.
(c) Break his nose.
(d) Murder him.
3. Where does Detective Minogue see his son?
(a) On the cold streets.
(b) Earl's bar.
(c) Karp's liquor store.
(d) Reflected in a mirror.
4. What is luck?
(a) A trickster.
(b) A talent.
(c) A gift.
(d) A friend.
5. How does Frank spoil the funeral?
(a) He tries to kiss Helen and causes a scene.
(b) He falls in the grave.
(c) He cries too loudly.
(d) He gets drunk and makes a bad joke.
6. What does Frank carve for Helen out of wood?
(a) A heart.
(b) A deer.
(c) A flower.
(d) A bird.
7. When will the grocery store around the corner re-open?
8. What does Frank not do after Morris tells him to leave?
(a) Collect his wages.
(b) Clean up his room.
(d) Say goodbye to Helen.
9. Where are the new owners of the grocery store around the corner from?
10. What does Frank buy after being told to leave the store?
(a) A suit.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A suitcase.
(d) A gun.
11. What more does Frank want from Helen?
(c) To make their relationship public.
12. How many years of experience does Morris have as a counterman?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Twenty-one years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twenty-eight years.
13. What color is the uniform at Sobeloff's market?
14. What does Morris look at while walking along the street?
(a) Store windows.
(b) Happy couples.
(d) Job ads.
15. How does Frank feel about his actions?
(a) They hurt.
(b) They burn.
(c) They are ugly.
(d) They stink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen not attend, blaming her father's illness?
2. What material does the skinny man demonstrate for Morris?
3. What does Tessie discover?
4. What is Morris already aware of?
5. What does Morris catch Frank doing?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)