|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the new owners of the grocery store around the corner from?
2. What does the doctor listen to?
(a) Morris' lungs.
(b) Jazz music.
(c) Morris' heart.
(d) Ida's complaints.
3. When will the grocery store around the corner re-open?
4. What is Morris sick with?
5. What does Helen have that Frank does not?
6. How does the Rabbi describe Morris?
(b) A false Jew.
7. Who will buy Morris' house and store?
(c) The U.S. government.
(d) The immigrant.
8. What is the skinny man's profession?
9. How does Frank spoil the funeral?
(a) He gets drunk and makes a bad joke.
(b) He falls in the grave.
(c) He cries too loudly.
(d) He tries to kiss Helen and causes a scene.
10. What does Morris look at while walking along the street?
(a) Store windows.
(b) Happy couples.
(d) Job ads.
11. What might get lost with Frank's name on it?
(a) His gun.
(b) A pile of money.
(c) Frank's driver's license.
12. In what place does Frank seem surer of himself?
(a) The library.
(c) The future.
(d) The store.
13. What is Charlie wearing under his suit?
(a) Expensive underwear.
(b) A money belt.
(c) Another suit.
(d) An apron.
14. How many days after being hospitalized does Morris die?
15. What material does the skinny man demonstrate for Morris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Karp on the night of the fire?
2. According to Karp, what is in every clerk's nature?
3. What does Frank think the Jews can make from their suffering?
4. Who does Morris dream of?
5. What have Morris and Helen not told Ida?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)