|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the skinny man's profession?
2. According to Karp, what is in every clerk's nature?
3. What does Helen feel herself doing despite her doubts?
(a) Drifting apart from her parents.
(b) Moving closer to her destiny.
(c) Falling in love in Frank.
(d) Becoming more religious.
4. What does Morris do after Ida goes to sleep?
(a) Smoke a cigarette.
(b) Shovel the snow.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Have a glass of whiskey.
5. What color is the uniform at Sobeloff's market?
6. What does Frank have removed from the store, with Ida's permission?
(a) The radiators.
(b) The unsold stock.
(c) The security camera.
(d) The telephone.
7. By how much money is Morris' register short?
(a) Fifty-five cents.
(b) One dollar.
(c) A dollar and a half.
(d) A dime.
8. How many days does Morris spend in the hospital?
9. How many years of experience does Morris have as a counterman?
(a) Twenty-one years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Twenty-eight years.
(d) Thirty years.
10. How does the Rabbi describe Morris?
(a) A false Jew.
11. What does Frank think the Jews can make from their suffering?
(a) A way of life.
(c) A better future.
(d) A suit.
12. What is Frank struggling to realize himself as?
(a) A lover.
(b) A person.
(c) A scholar.
(d) A grocer.
13. What might get lost with Frank's name on it?
(a) His gun.
(b) Frank's driver's license.
(d) A pile of money.
14. What does the doctor listen to?
(a) Morris' heart.
(b) Ida's complaints.
(c) Jazz music.
(d) Morris' lungs.
15. Who will buy Morris' house and store?
(b) The U.S. government.
(d) The immigrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank not do after Morris tells him to leave?
2. Who does Ida want Helen to marry?
3. After Frank and Helen's first kiss, what does Helen do when Frank is not looking?
4. Who is Charlie Sobeloff?
5. What does Tessie discover?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)