|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen tell Frank to do in order to prepare himself for college?
(a) Practice his drinking.
(b) Learn speed-reading.
(c) Read great books.
(d) Buy school supplies.
2. What kind of business used to occupy the space that is now the competing grocery store?
(a) Candy shop.
(d) Record store.
3. What habit does Ida nag Morris about?
(a) Nail biting.
4. What color are Helen's eyes?
5. How old is the girl who enters the store?
(d) In her early twenties.
6. What does Morris do because of his suspicions?
(a) Gives Frank a raise.
(b) Tells Frank about what it means to be Jewish.
(c) Fires Frank.
7. What does Frank secretly do while he works?
(b) Watch Helen.
(c) Make plans to rob the bank across the street.
8. What day is the store closed?
9. What color is Nick's sweater?
10. Who is Otto Vogel?
(a) The milk man.
(b) The meat man.
(c) The cake man.
(d) The landlord.
11. What do Nick Fuso and Frank have in common?
(a) They enjoy being a grocer.
(b) They play soccer.
(c) They are both singers.
(d) They are Italian.
12. What does Morris average for the last two weeks in December?
13. How did Morris' son die?
(a) An ear sickness.
(b) A lung infection.
(c) A stomach flu.
(d) A blood clot in his brain.
14. What did doctors find in Morris' lungs?
(a) Dry spots.
(c) Scar tissue.
15. What does Frank want to get rid of?
(a) The memories of his childhood.
(c) His gun.
(d) His problems with alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helen tell Ida that she is meeting at the library?
2. What is the name of the old Polish woman's dog?
3. What does Frank have trouble doing?
4. What is Morris' one true refreshment?
5. How does Frank feel about Jews?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)