|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen tell Frank to do in order to prepare himself for college?
(a) Practice his drinking.
(b) Learn speed-reading.
(c) Buy school supplies.
(d) Read great books.
2. How does Frank feel about Jews?
(a) He likes them.
(b) He does not trust them.
(c) He is curious about them.
(d) He despises them.
3. How much money in sales did Ida take in while Morris slept?
(b) Three dollars.
(c) Four dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
4. How often does Helen visit the library every week?
(c) Seven times.
(d) Three times.
5. What happens to Betty Pearl?
(a) She is run over by a streetcar.
(b) She is mugged.
(c) She gets engaged.
(d) She gets cancer.
6. What does Morris suspect Frank of doing?
(a) Participating in the hold-up.
(c) Discriminating against Jews.
(d) Sleeping with Helen.
7. How much spending money does Ida give Frank every evening?
(a) Two nickels.
(b) A dollar.
(c) Fifty cents.
(d) A penny.
8. What does Frank want to get rid of?
(a) His gun.
(c) The memories of his childhood.
(d) His problems with alcohol.
9. How long has Morris had the store?
(a) His entire life.
(b) Twenty-one years.
(c) Thirty months.
(d) Fifteen years.
10. Who does Frank think about a lot?
11. What time does Helen come home at night?
(b) Quarter to six.
(c) Ten after seven.
(d) Half past five.
12. What does Frank have trouble doing?
(a) Finding a chance to talk to Helen.
(b) Deciding whether or not he should date a Jewish girl.
(c) Remembering Helen's name.
(d) Staying awake during the work day.
13. Where is the old woman from?
14. What is the name of the old Polish woman's dog?
15. Who is Podolsky?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The tax collector.
(c) The smuggler.
(d) The refugee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Morris arrive at the store?
2. How many rolls are missing from the bag?
3. How old is Ida?
4. What kind of business used to occupy the space that is now the competing grocery store?
5. What does Frank discover while out walking?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)