|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Morris had the store?
(a) His entire life.
(b) Twenty-one years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Thirty months.
2. What does Helen tell Frank to do in order to prepare himself for college?
(a) Buy school supplies.
(b) Learn speed-reading.
(c) Read great books.
(d) Practice his drinking.
3. What does Frank secretly do while he works?
(a) Make plans to rob the bank across the street.
(b) Watch Helen.
4. What does Ida hope Karp will do?
(a) Buy the store.
(b) Find a good supplier.
(c) Force out the competing grocery stores.
(d) Oil the floors.
5. What did Frank do with his portion of the money from the heist?
(a) He hid it in his hat.
(b) He threw it in the trash.
(c) He spent it on liquor.
(d) He put it back in the register.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank Alpine's nationality?
2. How much does Nick spend in the store every morning?
3. What does Ida suspect?
4. Who is in the picture that catches Frank Alpine's eye?
5. Where do Helen and Louis go riding?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)