|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shakur's mother-in-law do?
2. In Chapter 20, where was Shakur imprisoned?
3. In Chapter 18, who came to do a speaking engagement for Shakur, but was harassed until she left the state?
4. In Chapter 11, how old was Ronald Myers?
5. In Chapter 13, where did a doctor that Shakur worked for volunteer once a week?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Shakur describe her marriage?
2. In Chapter 15, what was the first task that Shakur performed at the Black Panther Party office?
3. What news did Shakur read about herself in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 17, why did Shakur believe that the various organizations working for Black freedom should not consolidate?
5. In Chapter 17, what did Shakur say about Revolutionary War and armed struggle?
6. In Chapter 17, how did Shakur describe the Black Liberation Army?
7. What did the state do after the hearing officer ruled in Chapter 18 that Shakur's conditions of imprisonment were inhuman?
8. In Chapter 20, how did Shakur describe the visit with her daughter?
9. What was the women's section like at Manhattan Correctional Center?
10. What were some of Shakur's duties as a member of the medical cadre at the Black Panther Party in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shakur spent much of her prison time in solitary confinement. What were the reasons for the solitary confinement, and how did solitary confinement affect Shakur mentally and physically?
Essay Topic 2
Shakur’s daughter was born when Shakur was in prison. What type of relationship did Shakur have with her daughter and why was their relationship strained?
Essay Topic 3
Both Shakur and her mother had broken marriages. What factors put undue pressure on married Blacks, and how did those pressures cause marriages to fail?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)