|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Shakur working on at the beginning of Chapter 16?
2. When was Shakur accused of kidnapping a drug dealer for ransom?
3. In Chapter 12, what percentage of Black and third world students attended the same college Shakur attended?
4. In Chapter 13, what type of transportation did the doctor Shakur worked for use to get to the place where he volunteered?
5. In Chapter 15, what did Shakur pay monthly for her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, how did Shakur describe the visit with her daughter?
2. Who was at Alcatraz in Chapter 13?
3. How did Shakur describe Manhattan Correctional Center in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 11, why did the FBI want a photograph of Shakur wearing a wig and dress similar to a woman photographed by bank cameras during a robbery?
5. What did Shakur learn about scalping in Chapter 13?
6. What news did Shakur read about herself in Chapter 16?
7. In Chapter 17, what did Shakur say about Revolutionary War and armed struggle?
8. In Chapter 17, why did Shakur believe that the various organizations working for Black freedom should not consolidate?
9. What did Shakur think it meant to go underground at first?
10. How did Shakur describe the prison where she was transferred in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During the preliminaries for the New Jersey trial, Shakur was frustrated by the jury selection. Why was Shakur frustrated by the jury selection, and why did the process make her want to give up on the trial?
Essay Topic 2
Shakur witnessed misogyny, the mistreatment and disrespect of women by men. What types of mistreatment was Shakur exposed to, and how much of the mistreatment was racial?
Essay Topic 3
Shakur believed that a person was a liberal only when they enjoyed a certain socio-economic status. How did Shakur describe liberals and their beliefs, and why did she believe that liberals were only individuals who were wealthy?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)