|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, how old was Ronald Myers?
2. In Chapter 12, what group did Shakur become involved in in college?
3. In Chapter 11, who along with Shakur was accused of robbing a bank in Queens on August 23, 1973?
4. What was Shakur working on at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. In Chapter 13, when did Shakur get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what was the first task that Shakur performed at the Black Panther Party office?
2. In Chapter 11, why did the FBI want a photograph of Shakur wearing a wig and dress similar to a woman photographed by bank cameras during a robbery?
3. What was the women's section like at Manhattan Correctional Center?
4. What did Shakur learn about scalping in Chapter 13?
5. Who was Lolita Lebron?
6. Who was at Alcatraz in Chapter 13?
7. In Chapter 17, what did Shakur say about Revolutionary War and armed struggle?
8. In Chapter 14, what two pieces of evidence helped Shakur gain an acquittal for the bank robbery trial?
9. How did Shakur learn about liberation theology and why did she study it?
10. In Chapter 17, how did Shakur describe the Black Liberation Army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Shakur and her mother had broken marriages. What factors put undue pressure on married Blacks, and how did those pressures cause marriages to fail?
Essay Topic 2
Shakur believed that socialism was a good economic system, but she said that she would not be a socialist. Why if Shakur believed that socialism was a good economic system, would Shakur not be a socialist?
Essay Topic 3
Shakur spent much of her prison time in solitary confinement. What were the reasons for the solitary confinement, and how did solitary confinement affect Shakur mentally and physically?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)