|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what did Shakur pay monthly for her apartment?
2. In Chapter 19, where was the maximum security prison that Shakur was sent to?
3. In Chapter 18, where was the case for the Queens bank robbery held?
4. In Chapter 14, who did Shakur meet at the Manhattan Correctional Center that she had known from Riker's?
5. In Chapter 18, what was the name of the hearing officer who was to review Shakur's jail conditions?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what did Shakur say about Revolutionary War and armed struggle?
2. Who was at Alcatraz in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 11, why was the first judge for the bank robbery trial excused?
4. What were some of Shakur's duties as a member of the medical cadre at the Black Panther Party in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 14, what two pieces of evidence helped Shakur gain an acquittal for the bank robbery trial?
6. How did Shakur learn about liberation theology and why did she study it?
7. In Chapter 20, how did Shakur describe the visit with her daughter?
8. How did Shakur describe the prison where she was transferred in Chapter 19?
9. How did the FBI try to force Shakur to get her photograph taken in similar clothing to the bank robber in Chapter 11?
10. How did Shakur describe her marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Shakur and her mother had broken marriages. What factors put undue pressure on married Blacks, and how did those pressures cause marriages to fail?
Essay Topic 2
Shakur often had disagreements with her mother. What type of relationship did Shakur have with her mother, and how did her behavior affect that relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Shakur deliberately decided to risk a pregnancy while she was in prison. Why did Shakur at first not want to risk becoming pregnant, and why did she change her mind?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)