|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the prison look like that Shakur was moved to at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 4, what was the name of one of Shakur's early admirers?
3. Where was Shakur taken after she had x-rays in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 3, where was one woman arrested for drunk driving?
5. In Chapter 9, where was Shakur taken to have her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issues did Shakur have during her pregnancy in Chapter 9?
2. What type of mail did Shakur receive in Chapter 3?
3. Why did Shakur say that marriage between a Black man and woman was difficult?
4. What did Shakur's cell look like in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, what instructions would Shakur's grandmother give her when she was sent to the store?
6. Where was Shakur taken for incarceration in Chapter 5, and how did she describe what she saw as they drove in?
7. What type of treatment did Shakur receive when she was hospitalized at the beginning of Chapter 9?
8. What was the hospital room and conditions like where Shakur stayed after her baby was born?
9. What did Shakur like to do on the weekends in Chapter 4?
10. How did people live on 84th Street between Amsterdam and Columbus in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During the preliminaries for the New Jersey trial, Shakur was frustrated by the jury selection. Why was Shakur frustrated by the jury selection, and why did the process make her want to give up on the trial?
Essay Topic 2
Shakur enthusiastically became involved with the New York Black Panther Party. Why did she become disillusioned with the Party and decide to leave?
Essay Topic 3
During a traffic stop and shootout on the New Jersey Turnpike, Shakur’s rights were ignored as she lay bleeding by the side of the road. How were Shakur’s rights ignored both as she lay injured on the side of the road and when she was hospitalized?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)