|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the hospital where Shakur was taken in Chapter 9?
2. What was the gynecologist's name who examined Shakur in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 10, when did Shakur first hear someone talk about the U.S. government like someone would discuss a criminal?
4. Where was Shakur taken after she had x-rays in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 10, how old was Shakur when she quit high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Shakur like to do on the weekends in Chapter 4?
2. What was Evelyn's apartment like in Chapter 8?
3. How did Shakur get her first office job?
4. What did Miss Shirley look like when Shakur first met her?
5. What type of treatment did Shakur receive when she was hospitalized at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. In Chapter 6, what was the apartment like where Shakur went the first night she ran away?
7. What did Shakur like to do in Evelyn's neighborhood in Chapter 8?
8. Where did Shakur move with her mother and sister in Chapter 6, and what did it look like?
9. What was the hospital room and conditions like where Shakur stayed after her baby was born?
10. In Chapter 3, why did Mrs. Butterworth say that Shakur could not come out of her cell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shakur was born JoAnne Deborah Byron. Why did she change her name, and why did she believe that a new name fit her personality and beliefs better than her birth name?
Essay Topic 2
Shakur’s defense team could not find experts to testify on her behalf for the New Jersey trial. Why was it not possible to find experts to testify, and how did the lack of experts affect the verdict of the trial?
Essay Topic 3
Shakur believed that socialism was a good economic system, but she said that she would not be a socialist. Why if Shakur believed that socialism was a good economic system, would Shakur not be a socialist?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)