|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What parks were near Evelyn's apartment in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 10, how much did Shakur make at her first job?
3. Where did Shakur move with her mother and sister in Chapter 6?
4. Compare to other counties, how rich was Morris County?
5. In Chapter 8, what streets did Shakur say were richer than where she lived with her aunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why did Mrs. Butterworth say that Shakur could not come out of her cell?
2. Where was Shakur taken for incarceration in Chapter 5, and how did she describe what she saw as they drove in?
3. What did Shakur like to do on the weekends in Chapter 4?
4. Where did Shakur move with her mother and sister in Chapter 6, and what did it look like?
5. What type of treatment did Shakur receive when she was hospitalized at the beginning of Chapter 9?
6. Who demonstrated outside the courthouse one day in Chapter 7?
7. What did the jury panels look like that was being put together in Chapter 7?
8. What type of mail did Shakur receive in Chapter 3?
9. What did Shakur like to do in Evelyn's neighborhood in Chapter 8?
10. How did people live on 84th Street between Amsterdam and Columbus in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During a traffic stop and shootout on the New Jersey Turnpike, Shakur’s rights were ignored as she lay bleeding by the side of the road. How were Shakur’s rights ignored both as she lay injured on the side of the road and when she was hospitalized?
Essay Topic 2
Shakur lived in the South with her grandparents when her mother was getting her college degree. There were places that Blacks were not allowed to go. What types of segregation did Shakur see when she lived in the South? How did that segregation affect her and her family?
Essay Topic 3
Shakur believed that socialism was a good economic system, but she said that she would not be a socialist. Why if Shakur believed that socialism was a good economic system, would Shakur not be a socialist?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)