|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Shakur make at her first job in Chapter 6?
2. What birthdate was on Shakur's FBI Wanted Poster?
3. In Chapter 3, how much did Eva weigh?
4. In Chapter 10, with whom did Shakur and a friend become acquainted with who studied at Columbia?
5. In Chapter 1, how much time was Shakur allowed with her lawyer after the kangaroo court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Shakur's cell look like in Chapter 3?
2. What indictments were outstanding for Shakur in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 1, where did the detectives take Shakur and what did they tell her after her x-rays?
4. Why did Shakur say that marriage between a Black man and woman was difficult?
5. In Chapter 6, what was the apartment like where Shakur went the first night she ran away?
6. Where did Shakur move with her mother and sister in Chapter 6, and what did it look like?
7. In Chapter 1, how did a nurse come to Shakur's aid?
8. Why were the women at Riker's Island surprised by Shakur's appearance?
9. What did the jury panels look like that was being put together in Chapter 7?
10. In Chapter 10, what job did Evelyn help Shakur get and how did Shakur describe the job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shakur often had disagreements with her mother. What type of relationship did Shakur have with her mother, and how did her behavior affect that relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Shakur had a lot to learn about being a revolutionary. What did revolution mean to Shakur and how did it influence her life and the decisions she made?
Essay Topic 3
Shakur was born JoAnne Deborah Byron. Why did she change her name, and why did she believe that a new name fit her personality and beliefs better than her birth name?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)