|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How cold was it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What was the name of the warden at the prison in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 5 when Shakur was called for court, how long did she have to sit in the receiving room?
4. In Chapter 3, where was one woman arrested for drunk driving?
5. What did Jostling mean in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Shakur's cell look like in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 1, where did the detectives take Shakur and what did they tell her after her x-rays?
3. Why did Shakur say that marriage between a Black man and woman was difficult?
4. What did Shakur like to do in Evelyn's neighborhood in Chapter 8?
5. What was the hospital room and conditions like where Shakur stayed after her baby was born?
6. What did Shakur feel and hear at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. Why were the women at Riker's Island surprised by Shakur's appearance?
8. How did Joe treat Shakur in Chapter 4?
9. How did people live on 84th Street between Amsterdam and Columbus in Chapter 8?
10. What type of mail did Shakur receive in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shakur believed that a person was a liberal only when they enjoyed a certain socio-economic status. How did Shakur describe liberals and their beliefs, and why did she believe that liberals were only individuals who were wealthy?
Essay Topic 2
Shakur met many individuals who were well-known for their fight for Black rights. Who were some of these individuals and how did they influence her beliefs and the way she lived her life?
Essay Topic 3
Shakur’s defense team could not find experts to testify on her behalf for the New Jersey trial. Why was it not possible to find experts to testify, and how did the lack of experts affect the verdict of the trial?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)