|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Shakur taken after she had x-rays in Chapter 1?
2. Where did Shakur get a job in Chapter 6?
3. What hospital was Shakur in in Chapter 1?
4. How far along was Shakur in her pregnancy in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 9, where was Shakur taken to have her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of treatment did Shakur receive when she was hospitalized at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. How did people live on 84th Street between Amsterdam and Columbus in Chapter 8?
3. What was Evelyn's apartment like in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 10, why did Shakur's patience grow thin the longer she worked at various offices?
5. What did Shakur's cell look like in Chapter 3?
6. What was the hospital room and conditions like where Shakur stayed after her baby was born?
7. What did the jury panels look like that was being put together in Chapter 7?
8. What did Miss Shirley look like when Shakur first met her?
9. Why were the women at Riker's Island surprised by Shakur's appearance?
10. Where was Shakur taken for incarceration in Chapter 5, and how did she describe what she saw as they drove in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shakur witnessed misogyny, the mistreatment and disrespect of women by men. What types of mistreatment was Shakur exposed to, and how much of the mistreatment was racial?
Essay Topic 2
During a traffic stop and shootout on the New Jersey Turnpike, Shakur’s rights were ignored as she lay bleeding by the side of the road. How were Shakur’s rights ignored both as she lay injured on the side of the road and when she was hospitalized?
Essay Topic 3
Shakur had a lot to learn about being a revolutionary. What did revolution mean to Shakur and how did it influence her life and the decisions she made?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)