|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 18, where was Shakur interred after her trial?
(a) Middlesex Jail for Women.
(b) Middlesex Jail for Men.
(c) Monroe County Jail.
(d) Auburn County Jail.
2. In Chapter 15, when Shakur was back in New York, to what cadre was she assigned for the Black Panther Party?
3. In Chapter 18, who was the New Jersey lawyer who agreed to be the admitting lawyer for Shakur?
(a) Morris Zeller.
(b) Steven Rankin.
(c) Stuart Ball.
(d) Michael Phillips.
4. Where was Shakur when she learned that Martin Luther King had been shot?
(a) Her aunt's.
5. In Chapter 15, where was the Black Panther Party office?
(a) 70th Avenue.
(b) 93rd Avenue.
(c) 65th Avenue.
(d) 112th Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shakur's mother-in-law do?
2. What area was proposed to be a separate Black nation called the Republic of New Afrika?
3. In Chapter 18, what was the name of the lawyer who died?
4. In Chapter 12, what percentage of Black and third world students attended the same college Shakur attended?
5. In Chapter 18, what was the name of the judge who order that the state pay for experts needed for Shakur's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Shakur describe the prison where she was transferred in Chapter 19?
2. What did Shakur plan to study when she first went to college in Chapter 12, and why did she change her mind?
3. In Chapter 18, why was it difficult for Shakur's defense team to find a ballistics expert and forensic chemist to testify on Shakur's behalf?
4. How did Shakur describe Manhattan Correctional Center in Chapter 14?
5. How did the FBI try to force Shakur to get her photograph taken in similar clothing to the bank robber in Chapter 11?
6. In Chapter 17, how did Shakur describe the Black Liberation Army?
7. In Chapter 14, what two pieces of evidence helped Shakur gain an acquittal for the bank robbery trial?
8. How did Shakur describe her marriage?
9. In Chapter 17, why did Shakur believe that the various organizations working for Black freedom should not consolidate?
10. In Chapter 19, how did Shakur describe the Manson family women who were at Alderson?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)