|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, where was Shakur imprisoned?
(a) Albion Correctional Facility, New York.
(b) Bedford Hills Correctional Facility, New York.
(c) Clinton Correctional Facility, New Jersey.
(d) Danbury Federal Correctional Facility, Connecticut.
2. In Chapter 16, when were two police machine-gunned on Riverside Drive?
(a) May 19.
(b) April 11.
(c) April 18.
(d) May 3.
3. In Chapter 13, when did Shakur get married?
(a) While she was attending Manhattan Community College.
(b) While she was attending CCNY.
(c) When she worked for a newspaper.
(d) When she worked at a Black employment agency.
4. In Chapter 18, who filed a civil suit against the state charging that Shakur's conditions in jail were cruel and inhuman?
(a) Lennox Hinds.
(b) Michael Summit.
(c) Robert Watson.
(d) David Andrews.
5. In Chapter 13, what type of transportation did the doctor Shakur worked for use to get to the place where he volunteered?
(a) An old school bus.
(b) A pickup truck.
(d) Volkswagen Bug.
6. In Chapter 19, what were the names of the Manson family women who were in the same prison as Shakur?
(a) Sadie Adkins and Mary Martin.
(b) Sandra Good and Linda Froame.
(c) Patricia Krenwenkel and Mary Brunner.
(d) Leslie Van Houten and Rachel Watkins.
7. What area was proposed to be a separate Black nation called the Republic of New Afrika?
(a) Virginia and West Virginia.
(b) North and South Carolina.
(c) Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
(d) South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
8. What did Shakur's mother-in-law do?
(c) Administrative assistant.
9. What was the name of the judge in Chapter 11 for the kidnapping trail?
(a) Brian Martin.
(b) Wyatt Andrews.
(c) William Thompson.
(d) Robert Williams.
10. In Chapter 17, when was there police repression of the Black Liberation Army?
(a) Late 1960s and early 1970s.
(d) Through the 1960s and 1970s.
11. What was Rema Olugbala's birth name?
(a) David Phillips.
(b) Melvin Kearney.
(c) Ron Wilson.
(d) Bob Peterson.
12. In Chapter 15, when Shakur was back in New York, to what cadre was she assigned for the Black Panther Party?
13. In Chapter 19, where had the Nazis in Shakur's unit at prison been sent from?
14. When Shakur traveled after her marriage broke up in Chapter 13, what could be bought on street corners?
(a) Stalin's books.
(b) Hitler's Mein Kempf.
(c) Lenin's books.
(d) Mao's Red Book.
15. In Chapter 15, how many years in prison was Joan Bird facing?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, who came to do a speaking engagement for Shakur, but was harassed until she left the state?
2. In Chapter 14, when was Shakur taken to the Manhattan Correctional Center?
3. In Chapter 11, how much was the reward for Shakur's arrest?
4. What was Shakur working on at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. During the bank robbery trial in Chapter 14, who testified on Shakur's behalf?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)