|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18, who filed a civil suit against the state charging that Shakur's conditions in jail were cruel and inhuman?
(a) Michael Summit.
(b) Robert Watson.
(c) David Andrews.
(d) Lennox Hinds.
2. In Chapter 12, what group did Shakur become involved in in college?
(a) History Club.
(b) Golden Drums.
(c) Black Widows.
(d) Silver Bangles.
3. What was the name of the judge in Chapter 11 for the kidnapping trail?
(a) Brian Martin.
(b) Robert Williams.
(c) William Thompson.
(d) Wyatt Andrews.
4. In Chapter 18, when was Shakur acquitted of the Queens bank robbery case?
(a) January 3, 1976.
(b) January 20, 1976.
(c) January 31, 1976.
(d) January 16, 1976.
5. In Chapter 19, when was Shakur transferred to a maximum security prison for women?
(a) March 11, 1978.
(b) April 8, 1978.
(c) May 3, 1978.
(d) May 21, 1978.
6. In Chapter 18, how much time did Shakur's defense team have to take to determine if Bill Kunstler would remain as one of Shakur's lawyers?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) 2 months.
7. In Chapter 19, where was the maximum security prison that Shakur was sent to?
(a) Alderson, West Virginia.
(b) Indianapolis, Indiana.
(c) Framingham, Massachusetts
(d) Pueblo, Colorado.
8. In Chapter 18, what was the name of the lawyer who died?
(a) Adam Cochran.
(b) Stanley Cohen.
(c) Benjamin Peters.
(d) Lennox Hines.
9. Where was Shakur when she learned that Martin Luther King had been shot?
(a) Her aunt's.
10. In Chapter 19, which hall was Shakur housed in?
11. In Chatper 17, what did Shakur say that Blacks earned compared to Whites?
(a) 3/5 less.
(b) 1/3 less.
(c) 2/5 less.
(d) 1/4 less.
12. When Shakur traveled after her marriage broke up in Chapter 13, what could be bought on street corners?
(a) Mao's Red Book.
(b) Lenin's books.
(c) Stalin's books.
(d) Hitler's Mein Kempf.
13. What area was proposed to be a separate Black nation called the Republic of New Afrika?
(a) North and South Carolina.
(b) Virginia and West Virginia.
(c) South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
(d) Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
14. Where did Evelyn teach before she became Shakur's lawyer?
(a) New York University Law School.
(d) Fordham University School of Law.
15. In Chapter 19, what were the names of the Manson family women who were in the same prison as Shakur?
(a) Patricia Krenwenkel and Mary Brunner.
(b) Leslie Van Houten and Rachel Watkins.
(c) Sandra Good and Linda Froame.
(d) Sadie Adkins and Mary Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, where did Sakur travel by bus?
2. In Chapter 15, what was Joan Bird's bail?
3. What did Shakur's mother-in-law do?
4. In Chapter 19, where had the Nazis in Shakur's unit at prison been sent from?
5. In a poem Shakur wrote for her daughter in Chapter 20, what did Shakur not want frost to kill?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)