• NOTE: This study guide uses the terms "Blacks" in reflection of the word choice of the author within the book.
• Shakur’s story begins with her being shot after a traffic stop on a New Jersey highway.
• There were police everywhere, and they were threatening to kill her.
• Finally, she was put in an ambulance, where she passed out from the pain.
• When she regained consciousness, she was in a hospital.
• No one seemed to care if she lived or died.
• She was examined, fingerprinted, and questioned.
• The state troopers accused her of shooting a trooper, and she was beaten when she did not respond the way they wanted her to respond.
• The abuse finally stopped when a nurse with a German accent gave Shakur a call button.
• Then Shakur could press it when anyone tried to get near to hurt her.
• Some of the troopers...
This section contains 4,690 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)