|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mac orders Clancy to call Ngumo at which location?
2. What alias does Steele use at this point?
3. What is the name of the new cargo chief?
4. What code does Leon use to identify himself?
5. What kind of business does T own?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is David Hassid? What is his role in the computer hijacking?
2. Leah asks Steele when they can make a trip back to her house. What is the reason for Leah's urgency?
3. In Chapter 1 Rayford Steele is struggling with rage. Why is Steele so angry?
4. What does Hassid intend to do with the computer shipment? Who is involved?
5. Who does Mac call out to for help? Who answers the call?
6. Hassid explains his recent activities to Mac. What has Hassid done?
7. What is the project being worked on by Buck, Rayford and Floyd? What is the purpose?
8. What information does Smith share about Africa?
9. What issue occurs while the Condor is en route? Who alerts the pilots? What does Mac do?
10. What item does Leah reveal in the garage? Where is it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the meaning of the Great Tribulation. How long is it supposed to last? What effect will it have on the members of the Tribulation Force? What effect will it have on Carpathia and his followers? Are the members of the Tribulation Force safe? Are there any guarantees that the organization will remain intact?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the story, Buck and Steele go to watch Carpathia give a speech. What is the topic and how does it relate to Carpathia's master plan? What about Carpathia makes his speeches and presence so charismatic? How does the speech affect Buck and/or Steele and his perception of Carpathia? What is Buck's opinion of Carpathia? What is Steele's opinion of Carpathia?
Essay Topic 3
Carpathia has plans to force non-believers and Christians alike to accept the Mark of the Beast. Those who do not accept the Mark will be executed. Even some of Carpathia's own people worry about scaring the believers with this violent plan. Carpathia claims that the loyal followers have nothing to fear. Do you think this statement is accurate? What might happen if one of the loyal followers converts to Christianity? Do Carpathia's followers, particularly those in the organization, take the man at his word?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)