|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does T own?
2. Which of the following has not been bugged by David?
3. What is the name of Buck's magazine?
4. In which direction does Leah see the vision?
5. Tsion asks Steele to read which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mac arrives in Johannesburg?
2. Why do the men refuse to let Tsion help with the project?
3. What are the various concerns regarding Hattie at this point?
4. Who is Abdullah Smith?
5. Who does Mac call out to for help? Who answers the call?
6. What is Leon's reaction to the gunfire?
7. Hassid explains his recent activities to Mac. What has Hassid done?
8. Explain Leah's first night at the safe house. Who is almost immediately at odds with Leah?
9. What are Steele's thoughts as he digs Floyd's grave?
10. Describe the conversation between Leon Fortunato and Carpathia regarding Peter Matthews, Eli and Moishe. What does Hassid overhear after Leon leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The main members of the Tribulation Force know that they must be removed from Carpathia's radar if they are to succeed in their mission and maintain a safe existence. Why is that the only way? Are there other ways in which the members of the Force could remain safe? Explain the plans developed by the rest of the group if they should need to escape. Do you think it was a wise or foolish plan? Do you think the plan will eventually be uncovered?
Essay Topic 2
Nicolae Carpathia is a powerful and charismatic man. Examine Carpathia's rise to power. How did it come about? What makes Carpathia qualified to do his job? What is Carpathia's vision? Do you think he can and will achieve it? Who elected Carpathia to his present position? What is Carpathia's role in the world government? Who supports Carpathia's cause? How does Carpathia manage to brainwash the people or to wipe their memories clean after a horrible event like the deaths of Eli and Moishe? Do you think Carpathia has the ability to read and/or control a person's mind? Why is some of the population not affected? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
David Hassid and Annie Christopher become involved in a secret relationship. Examine David and Annie's relationship. Why was it kept secret? How might things be different if Annie practiced a different faith? How might things be different if David did not work for Carpathia?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)