|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following events is going to happen in the near future?
2. Tsion weeps and wants to know how to _____.
3. What major event set off the Tribulation?
4. Who is most valuable because of his sermons?
5. How many men are working on an addition to the safe house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation between Leon Fortunato and Carpathia regarding Peter Matthews, Eli and Moishe. What does Hassid overhear after Leon leaves?
2. What are the various concerns regarding Hattie at this point?
3. What does Hassid intend to do with the computer shipment? Who is involved?
4. What is the current project of Chloe Steele Williams? Why is it important?
5. Why do the men refuse to let Tsion help with the project?
6. Who is Abdullah Smith?
7. What item does Leah reveal in the garage? Where is it?
8. Who is David Hassid? What is his role in the computer hijacking?
9. What is the project being worked on by Buck, Rayford and Floyd? What is the purpose?
10. In Chapter 1 Rayford Steele is struggling with rage. Why is Steele so angry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The main members of the Tribulation Force know that they must be removed from Carpathia's radar if they are to succeed in their mission and maintain a safe existence. Why is that the only way? Are there other ways in which the members of the Force could remain safe? Explain the plans developed by the rest of the group if they should need to escape. Do you think it was a wise or foolish plan? Do you think the plan will eventually be uncovered?
Essay Topic 2
Write a complete character description if Nicolae Carpathia. Where and how does Carpathia come into power? How long has Carpathia been in power? Where is his palace? What is the name of the organization? What is Carpathia's main mission? How does Carpathia intend to carry it out? Explain. Who is helping Carpathia to reach the masses and to help convert people? Who is most likely to follow Carpathia? What is it about Carpathia that causes people to like and trust him? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Chaim is asked to attend Carpathia's speech. Although Chaim has great faith, the man is doubtful that he is capable or prepared to make the trip. Explain why Chaim feels that way. Also examine the reason Chaim wants Buck and Tsion to be in the audience. Why is Chaim worried? Is Chaim worried for his safety or because he is unsure of Carpathia's motives? What are Carpathia's motives in relation to Chaim? What would you do in Chaim's place? Explain.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)