|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what do Fitz and Nighteyes dream?
(a) Carving their dragon.
(b) Traveling to the land that never ends.
(c) Finding Fool.
(d) Find the dragon that is Verity.
2. Why did Regal have a change of heart?
(a) He becomes afraid of the Red Ship raiders.
(b) He hears from his father's ghost.
(c) He falls in love with Kettricken.
(d) Fitz changed his mind with Skill.
3. What happens to Fool when he touches the girl on the dragon with his magic fingers?
(a) He is thrown on his back.
(b) He hears the girl speak.
(d) He becomes a part of the dragon.
4. What may be the only true communication?
(c) A merging of skill and wit.
5. What does Verity want to do even though he is with his Queen?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Work on the dragon.
(c) Go fight the Red Ships.
(d) Have an affair with Kettle.
6. Who does Starling bring to live with Fitz?
(a) A boy named Hap.
(b) No one.
(c) Another wolf.
(d) A girl who looks like Molly.
7. How is Verity when they find him?
(a) He is almost dead.
(b) The same Verity they remember except his hair is white blond.
(c) He is not willing to speak with them.
(d) Immensely aged.
8. How do the people of the land feel about the Witness Stones?
(a) Fearful and respectful.
9. How does Verity feel when he and Kettle finish his dragon?
(b) Like he has failed.
(d) At peace.
10. About what does Fitz not wonder later?
(a) That Fool does not remember the conversation with Fitz at the river.
(b) That Fool would ask such a serious question.
(c) That Fool started to undress but then does not.
(d) That Fool would be willing to go to Molly whom Fool despises.
11. To whom does Regal vow his loyalty?
(b) King Shrewd.
(c) Fitz's child.
(d) Kettricken's child.
12. What does Verity believe about his stone dragon?
(a) He will have to kill Kettricken to wake up his dragon.
(b) He can bring it to life.
(c) It took him too long to carve it.
(d) It was carved wrong.
13. What does the band find in chapter 33?
(a) A marker indicating a turn in the road.
(b) A marker indicating a roadside safe haven.
(c) A huge stone quarry.
(d) Three dead men.
14. Who becomes the dragon that makes it a living creature?
(a) Verity and Fitz.
(b) Verity and Fool.
(c) Verity and Kettle.
(d) Verity and Kettricken.
15. What is Dimity Keep?
(a) A small fortress which welcomes Queen Kettricken.
(b) The keep where Verity gains a map to the Elderlings.
(c) A keep that has only ghosts.
(d) A small fortress that has already fallen to the red ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Regal do with everything he has stolen?
2. What does Fitz feel about the sacrifices he made?
3. What is Verity carving?
4. What happens to Kettricken right before the dragon is awaken?
5. What happens after Fitz answers Fool's question?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)