|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kettricken's son?
(a) Prince Fullness.
(b) Prince Faithful.
(c) Prince Dashing.
(d) Prince Dutiful.
2. Of what does the narrator speak?
(a) The way life moves down a line.
(b) The circle of life.
(c) The life line that wavers.
(d) The way a circle does not always meet.
3. What is Fitz doing in the morning when Starling joins him in Chapter 38?
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Washing clothes.
4. What does Fitz see when he looks at Molly with Skill?
(a) His daughter has died.
(b) Molly is pregnant again.
(c) That she and Burrich love each other.
(d) Burrich is burying Molly.
5. Who does Fool go?
(a) To the dragon mount.
(b) To his childhood home.
(c) He dies.
(d) No one knows.
6. What does Fitz say in reply?
(a) Fool does not seem like a man or woman to Fitz.
(b) Fitz is not sure how he feels about Starling.
(c) Fitz tells Fool where Molly is.
(d) Fitz could only love Fool as a dear friend no matter what.
7. How is Verity when they find him?
(a) He is almost dead.
(b) He is not willing to speak with them.
(c) Immensely aged.
(d) The same Verity they remember except his hair is white blond.
8. What does Fitz feel about the sacrifices he made?
(a) They were not really necessary.
(b) They were not worth it.
(c) They were worth it.
(d) They weren't really sacrifices after all.
9. What happens to Kettricken right before the dragon is awaken?
(a) She breaks her hand.
(b) She is kidnapped.
(c) She becomes ill.
(d) She becomes pregnant.
10. Why can't Verity touch Kettricken?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) He is too weak.
(c) Too much magic in his hands.
(d) He is too old.
11. Of what do Fitz and Nighteyes dream?
(a) Traveling to the land that never ends.
(b) Find the dragon that is Verity.
(c) Finding Fool.
(d) Carving their dragon.
12. Why hasn't Regal fought the raiders?
(a) He has no army.
(b) He doesn't know where they are.
(c) He is fighting the Mountain Kingdom.
(d) He has no money.
13. Why does Nighteyes come to get Fitz when he is with Starling?
(a) He wants to hunt.
(b) Soldiers have found them.
(c) He wants breakfast.
(d) The others are ready to wake the dragon.
14. What distracts Fitz find being suspicious of the exchange with Fool and the aftermath?
(a) Fitz passes out into the river.
(b) Fitz trusts Fool so much he would never second guess the man.
(c) Fitz is amused by the whole thing that he does not think there are any ulterior motives.
(d) Fitz is concentrating too deeply on the prophesies of his own death
15. Why would a ferret kill a man?
(a) By accident.
(b) For food.
(c) A ferret is too small to kill a man.
(d) If his Wit bond human wanted it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What may be the only true communication?
2. Who does Fitz hear as he gathers provisions from the dead army?
3. What is Dimity Keep?
4. How does Verity act towards Kettricken?
5. With whom does Fitz have a long conversation about the Elderlings in Chapter 34?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)