|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Regal die?
(a) An animal kills him.
(b) Fitz kills him.
(c) Verity kills him.
(d) He rolls off a cliff.
2. Of what do Fitz and Nighteyes dream?
(a) Traveling to the land that never ends.
(b) Find the dragon that is Verity.
(c) Carving their dragon.
(d) Finding Fool.
3. What do the Red Ship raiders hate?
(a) The way the dragon can see them
(b) The arrogance of the land dwellers.
(c) The fact that they cannot overcome the land dwellers now.
(d) The power of the dragons.
4. What do the Fool and Fitz do one night?
(a) Follow Kettle to an old shrine.
(b) Show the others how to travel in leaps.
(c) Use the skill to injure Will.
(d) Go hunting with Nighteyes.
5. Who brings Fitz news?
6. How does Verity feel when he and Kettle finish his dragon?
(a) Like he has failed.
(d) At peace.
7. What does Kettle give the Fool after the Fool is attacked by Skill?
(a) Nothing, as she is out of what she normally uses.
(b) A thorough tongue lashing.
(d) Ale and wine mixed.
8. What helps Fitz concentrate on the game Kettle teaches him?
(a) He recites the name of the pieces over and over.
(b) He carries a game piece in his hand as he is walking.
(c) He makes up new strategies.
(d) He makes up new rules.
9. What does the narrator explain about Wit?
(a) It was created to bring some to side with evil.
(b) It is a misunderstood magic.
(c) It is very harmful to people and animals.
(d) It is just another aspect of skill.
10. What happens to Kettricken right before the dragon is awaken?
(a) She becomes pregnant.
(b) She is kidnapped.
(c) She breaks her hand.
(d) She becomes ill.
11. What does Will tell Fitz at one point when he overcomes Fitz?
(a) That Regal has sent out assassins to kill Fitz.
(b) That Verity has told Regal he may remain King.
(c) That Will knows about Molly and Fitz's daughter.
(d) That Regal knows where Verity is.
12. What do the dragons do about the Red Ship raiders?
(b) Make a treaty with them.
(c) Kill all of them.
(d) Drive them off the land.
13. Who does Starling bring to live with Fitz?
(a) A boy named Hap.
(b) A girl who looks like Molly.
(c) No one.
(d) Another wolf.
14. What happens to Fool when he touches the girl on the dragon with his magic fingers?
(a) He is thrown on his back.
(b) He hears the girl speak.
(c) He becomes a part of the dragon.
15. Who is at Buckkeep Castle?
(c) Regal's ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Kettle about Regal's coterie?
2. What does Verity tell Kettle when she asks him to help her reach the Skill?
3. Why do Fitz and Nighteyes leave the Stone Garden?
4. To whom does Regal vow his loyalty?
5. What does Regal do about Queen Kettricken?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)