|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Fitz and Starling do?
(a) Go around Blue Lake onto the plains.
(b) Go across Blue Lake into the moutains.
(c) Camp in the mountains just before Blue Lake and wait there for the rest of their party.
(d) Camp near Blue Lake and decide to winter there.
2. Who nurses Fitz after he is wounded?
(c) The fool.
3. Who does Fitz decide to be in Chapter 8?
(a) Jory, a soldier.
(b) Matan, a carpenter.
(c) Selin, a fisherman.
(d) Steadfast, a noble.
4. Why does Fitz leave his body in Chapter 8?
(a) To talk to Burrich.
(b) To find Nighteyes.
(c) To join the battle for Bearns.
(d) To find Kettricken.
5. To whom was Fitz's soul entrusted when he died?
(a) Nighteyes, a wolf.
6. What does Fitz tell Burrich and Chade about Verity?
(a) He is still alive.
(b) He is back in Buck Keep.
(c) He doesn't know where he is.
(d) He is with Kettricken.
7. What is the old children's rhyme about that the narrator describes?
(a) Jumping over the candle.
(b) Choosing a poor friend.
(c) Enduring hardship for no reason.
8. Why can't the group move off the road?
(a) Because the vegetation is too thick.
(b) Because of a warning given to them by a seer.
(c) Because they do not know which way to go.
(d) Because of a blizzard.
9. Why does Regal want to find Kettricken?
(a) He is concerned she is sick.
(b) Her unborn child could be a challenge to his throne.
(c) He isn't looking for Kettricken.
(d) He is afraid she will find Verity.
10. To whom are Forged Ones especially attracted?
(a) People with Wit.
(b) Their spouses.
(c) People with Skill.
11. What does Fitz trade in Landing for his journey?
(a) His sword for a better one.
(b) His clothes for warmer wear.
(c) His horse for a mule.
(d) His boots for mountain shoes.
12. What do Chade and Burrich encourage Fitz to drink?
(a) Tea laced with honey.
(b) Cow's milk.
(c) Strong beer.
(d) The brandy he used to like.
13. What type of symbol does Lady Patience use?
(a) Two swans sitting quietly by a lake.
(b) An oak tree planted by a stream.
(c) Sprigs of ivy.
(d) A sun on a red background.
14. What is Regal's message to the Mountain King?
(a) A demand to hand over Fitz.
(b) To safeguard the Queen.
(c) A demand to hand over Verity.
(d) A demand to hand over Kettricken.
15. What does Burrich keep Fitz from doing?
(a) To behave like a wolf.
(b) To leave the house.
(c) To write every day.
(d) To eat cooked meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Queen Kettricken attempting to do in Chapter 15?
2. What do the minstrels have to do with the history of the lands?
3. What does Nighteyes suggest?
4. Where is Fitz taken?
5. What does Fitz decide is his new purpose in life?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)