|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fitz trade in Landing for his journey?
(a) His clothes for warmer wear.
(b) His sword for a better one.
(c) His horse for a mule.
(d) His boots for mountain shoes.
2. About whom does Starling ask Fitz?
(c) The Fool.
3. To whom was Fitz's soul entrusted when he died?
(a) Nighteyes, a wolf.
4. Why is Fitz having problems with his writing?
(a) He runs out of ink and paper.
(b) His wolf keeps interrupting him.
(c) His hands get sore holding the quill.
(d) He has trouble remembering and keeping his attention on the task.
5. What do some people want Molly's child to do?
(a) Be raised in the royal court.
(b) Claim the throne.
(c) Be adopted by Regal.
6. Who is Nettle?
(a) Fitz's daughter.
(b) A maiden at the next tavern where Fitz and the group stops.
(c) Someone who will supposedly show them the next step on the journey.
(d) A girl with whom Kettricken was raised.
7. What do past images of Elderlings resemble?
8. Who comes to the caravan who recognizes Fitz?
(a) One of Regal's Skill workers.
(b) The Fool.
(c) Two minstrels.
(d) A group of King's Guards.
9. What is Regal's message to the Mountain King?
(a) A demand to hand over Kettricken.
(b) To safeguard the Queen.
(c) A demand to hand over Fitz.
(d) A demand to hand over Verity.
10. About whom does the Fool ask Fitz?
11. Why is the Queen most upset with Fitz?
(a) For leaving Regal to grab the throne.
(b) For not letting her know he is alive.
(c) For abandoning his quest to find Verity.
(d) For abandoning his daughter.
12. What does Burrich keep Fitz from doing?
(a) To behave like a wolf.
(b) To eat cooked meat.
(c) To leave the house.
(d) To write every day.
13. About what does the narrator wonder?
(a) The source of magic.
(b) The reason wit is abhorred.
(c) The way the sun moves around from one direction to the other.
(d) The source of light.
14. What type of symbol does Lady Patience use?
(a) Sprigs of ivy.
(b) A sun on a red background.
(c) An oak tree planted by a stream.
(d) Two swans sitting quietly by a lake.
15. Whom has Nighteyes adopted into Fitz and his pack?
(d) The fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Fitz touches a marker beside the road?
2. What does Verity force Fitz to do when he is roaming away from his body?
3. With whom do Fitz and Starling connect?
4. Who assumes the top post of Skill teacher for Regal?
5. For whom did Chivalry abdicate the throne?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)