|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters did not give a positive picture of Verity to his soon to be bride?
2. What is Regal's plan for Fitz?
3. What happens to Fitz after he touches Galen with his own Skill?
4. Who does Verity tell Fitz has scared him from recognizing his abilities when it comes to the Skill?
5. What does Fitz find to be useless?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Fitz uses his skill to contact Verity?
2. What does Burrich tell Fitz about Galen?
3. What does the message that Fitz gets from his dream seem to mean?
4. What events happen in Fitz's dream?
5. What does the Fool caution about in regard to Patience?
6. Who is sent to accept the princess for Verity and why is this the case?
7. What do the mountain people send to King Shrewd and what does he use it for?
8. What happened to one of the most famous coteries and why did it happen?
9. How do the days Fitz spends being instructed by Galen go?
10. What does August tell him after Fitz has asked him to use the skill to contact Shrewd?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What two important things does Patience give to Fitz? Why does she give them to Fitz? How does Fitz react? Why do you feel that he reacts this way?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay agreeing or disagreeing with the following statement: FItz is a better negotiator than he is a killer. Be sure to include specific information from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
At what point in the novel does Fitz become angry with King Shrewd? Is his anger justified? How would you feel had you been in in Fitz's place?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)