|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fitz dream about that night?
2. How does Regal plan on killing Fitz?
3. What name does Lady Patience give to Fitz?
4. Who tries to help Fitz come up with a plan to thwart Regal's plans?
5. Which character does Fitz ask if he knows Chade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a large train of people required from the encampment to the town?
2. What events happen in Fitz's dream?
3. What is unique and special about Verity and Fitz's relationship?
4. What does Rurisk explain to Fitz about his sister and what has happened to Fitz?
5. What happened to one of the most famous coteries and why did it happen?
6. What rule did Kettricken invoke and what does she tell Fitz?
7. What does Fitz see when he goes to the Fool's room and how does it make him feel?
8. What do the mountain people send to King Shrewd and what does he use it for?
9. What does Regal demand Fitz do and what does he ask Fitz?
10. What happens when Galen touches Fitz for the first time with the Skill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Ftiz forever tied to the King and his successors? What freedoms will Fitz enjoy after his training is completed? Do you believe this is fair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In the opening chapter of the novel, Fitz refers to himself as a catalyst for many things to follow. What is a catalyst and how would this relate to a person's life story? After reading the novel, do you agree with Fitz? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does FItz feel about his father? In what way does this affect his first crest? Why do you think Fitz's crest changes in the latter portion of the novel? Do you think it should have changed? Why or why not?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)