|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Fitz ask if he knows Chade?
2. What question does Fitz ask Kettricken?
3. What name does Lady Patience give to Fitz?
4. Which of the following best describes the relationship between Fitz and Burrich now?
5. Where is Regal when Burrich and Fitz find him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rule did Kettricken invoke and what does she tell Fitz?
2. What does the message that Fitz gets from his dream seem to mean?
3. How do the days Fitz spends being instructed by Galen go?
4. What happens when Fitz uses his skill to contact Verity?
5. What events happen in Fitz's dream?
6. What does Fitz learn through his errands for Lady Patience and who helps him with these errands?
7. What information does the Fool reveal about Patience and Fitz?
8. What does the Fool caution about in regard to Patience?
9. What does Rurisk explain to Fitz about his sister and what has happened to Fitz?
10. What does Fitz do after the horses leave and he is waiting for Galen's summons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Fitz need to be more aware of his surroundings than he had been previously? Do you believe you are as aware of your surroundings as Fitz is? In what ways are you and Fitz the same and in what ways are you different in regards to your levels of awareness of your surroundings?
Essay Topic 2
What actions did King Shrewd take throughout the novel that you feel were examples of his poor leadership? What actions did he take that you feel are examples of his good leadership? Overall, how would you rank King Shrewd's leadership ability and why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do you think Fitz's life may have been different had he not been illegitimate? What other characters in the novel were illegitimate? How were their lives different? Did illegitimacy hold any characters back? If so, why and if not, why not?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)