|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chade describe the people of the land outside of Buckkeep?
2. What does Burrich tell Fitz to choose that is new?
3. Where is Fitz summoned after he is awakened the second time for the night?
4. Which of the following characters is unhappy with Fedwren's proposition?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term pilfer as it is used to describe Fitz's actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fitz sense about the people he watches and what explanation does he offer to Chade?
2. What does Fitz beseech Lady Grace to counsel her husband about?
3. How does Fitz feel about his new living arrangements?
4. What does Fitz learn to do as he tries to survive in the town of Buckkeep?
5. Who cautions Fitz and what is the caution in relation to?
6. Which character shows a mild affection toward Fitz and which characters does he try to avoid?
7. On the day before Fitz's tenth birthday, who sees Fitz and who does this person counsel to make something out of Fitz before it is too late?
8. What does Fitz learn to realize about the training Chade is providing him?
9. How does Fitz spend his mornings now that he is acknowledged by the King?
10. What did Chivalry's abdication cost Chivalry and how did it affect Fitz's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Fitz's life change and in what ways does it remain the same? After learning about all of the events that affected Fitz throughout his life make a judgment as to whether the changes were for the positive or the negative and support your judgment with information from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay agreeing or disagreeing with the following statement: FItz is a better negotiator than he is a killer. Be sure to include specific information from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 3
What information does Fitz learn throughout his journey? Is the information harmful or beneficial? Why do you believe this way? Would Fitz agree with you? Why or why not?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)