|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fitz do to mourn the loss of his friendship with Chade?
2. What would being a scribe allow Fitz to do?
3. Who named Fitz?
4. What art is Fitz told he will be learning?
5. Which of the following characters has sent a message to Prince Regal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chade speak about wistfully and what realization does this allow Fitz to realize about Chade?
2. How does Fitz spend his mornings now that he is acknowledged by the King?
3. What does Fitz learn to do as he tries to survive in the town of Buckkeep?
4. What do the lessons that Chade teaches Fitz help Fitz to learn?
5. What happens when Fitz's presence is noticed in the town of Buckkeep?
6. How does Fitz feel about Chade's challenge and what is Fitz's response?
7. What does Fitz do after he is heckled, with whom does he go and where do they take refuge?
8. What does Fitz sense about the people he watches and what explanation does he offer to Chade?
9. What information does Fitz learn about Kelvar as he spies on him?
10. What does Fitz learn to realize about the training Chade is providing him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At what point in the novel does Fitz become angry with King Shrewd? Is his anger justified? How would you feel had you been in in Fitz's place?
Essay Topic 2
In the opening chapter of the novel, Fitz refers to himself as a catalyst for many things to follow. What is a catalyst and how would this relate to a person's life story? After reading the novel, do you agree with Fitz? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What special abilities does Fitz possess? Do you think these gifts are real or fictional? How do these gifts affect Fitz in his life? How do they affect other characters?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)