|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Fitz from which his oldest memory comes?
2. What brings Fitz out of the malaise he feels at Chade's anger?
3. Which of the following characters seems to lack the leadership to rally the towns?
4. Which of the following characters abdicates his thrown?
5. Who wants to have Fitz killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the day before Fitz's tenth birthday, who sees Fitz and who does this person counsel to make something out of Fitz before it is too late?
2. What does Fitz spend a lot of his time doing and how is he treated?
3. What challenge does Chade present to Fitz after he completes his first task?
4. Who cautions Fitz and what is the caution in relation to?
5. How does Fitz feel about Chade's challenge and what is Fitz's response?
6. What does Fitz learn to realize about the training Chade is providing him?
7. How does Lady Grace react to Fitz's request and how does it make her feel?
8. How does Fitz spend his mornings now that he is acknowledged by the King?
9. What is the emblem on Fitz's new clothes and what does Burrich tell him that it means?
10. What does Fitz learn about Chivalry that surprises him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay agreeing or disagreeing with the following statement: FItz is a better negotiator than he is a killer. Be sure to include specific information from the text to support your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Why is Ftiz forever tied to the King and his successors? What freedoms will Fitz enjoy after his training is completed? Do you believe this is fair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Fitz need to be more aware of his surroundings than he had been previously? Do you believe you are as aware of your surroundings as Fitz is? In what ways are you and Fitz the same and in what ways are you different in regards to your levels of awareness of your surroundings?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)