|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term pilfer as it is used to describe Fitz's actions?
(b) Make off with.
2. Which of the following characters is unhappy with Fedwren's proposition?
3. Who was the reason that Burrich was left behind?
(a) King Shrewd.
(b) Prince Chivalry.
(c) Prince Regal.
(d) Lady Patience.
4. Which of the following characters takes charge of Fitz after he is dropped off?
5. Where does Fitz sleep now that the King has accepted him?
(a) Room in the stables.
(b) Room in the keep.
(c) Room in the kitchen.
(d) Room near the king.
6. What does the emblem on the back of Fitz's clothes look like?
(a) Horse jumping over a stream.
(b) Buck's head with a red line through it.
(c) Deer hidden behind some grass and shrubs.
(d) Red and black shield.
7. Why has Regal been babied by his father and empowered by visits to his mother's people?
(a) He is ill with the red ship sickness.
(b) He has been mortally wounded.
(c) He will be the next king.
(d) The queen died.
8. Which of the following is something Fitz learns to do from Chade?
(a) Announce his presence.
(b) Surprise men and women.
(c) Follow orders without asking questions.
(d) Write in a code that no one else can read.
9. What does Fitz do to mourn the loss of his friendship with Chade?
(b) Begs the King to help him find Chade.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Takes the puppy outside.
10. What brings Fitz out of the malaise he feels at Chade's anger?
(a) A new weapon.
(b) A new hound.
(c) A new girlfriend.
(d) A toy.
11. What is Regal concerned about in regards to Fitz?
(a) The desire he has to become close to his father.
(b) His relationship with Burrich.
(c) The closeness he has to the animals.
(d) The line to the thrown.
12. How does Chade describe the people of the land outside of Buckkeep?
(d) Possible targets.
13. What is wrong with Fitz when he comes home and encounters the mysterious lady?
(a) He has been stabbed.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He has a severe headache.
(d) He is ill with red ship sickness.
14. Which of the following terms describes how the mysterious lady reacts to Fitz's appearance?
(a) Explains his shortcomings to him.
(b) Berates him.
(c) Offers to shop for him.
(d) Praises him.
15. What action does King Shrewd take in regard to the situation with the red ship?
(a) Extra guards and protection details.
(b) Declaration of war.
(c) No official action.
(d) Increase of knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Fitz shadow at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. How does Regal describe Chivalry?
3. Where does Fitz surmise Kelvar's money is going?
4. Who does Fitz think is behind Chivalry's death?
5. Where is Fitz summoned after he is awakened the second time for the night?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)