|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Fitz when he comes home and encounters the mysterious lady?
(a) He is ill with red ship sickness.
(b) He has a severe headache.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He has been stabbed.
2. Where does Fitz sleep now that the King has accepted him?
(a) Room in the kitchen.
(b) Room near the king.
(c) Room in the keep.
(d) Room in the stables.
3. Where does Fitz eat after the King gave him the token?
(b) His room.
4. What does one of the villagers refer to Chade as?
(b) King's Man.
(c) Cursed Man.
(d) Pocked Man.
5. Who flees the torture from the mob questioning Fitz's illegitimacy with Fitz?
6. What does Chade accuse Fitz of assuming about him?
(a) That he does not know what he is doing.
(b) That he will not harm him.
(c) That he wants to commit treason.
(d) That he wishes to harm the King.
7. Who does Fitz see in the kitchen?
(a) Lady Grace.
(b) The King.
(c) Lady Thyme.
8. What is the name of the strange man who Fitz goes with?
9. Who does Fitz think is behind Chivalry's death?
10. What does the strange man ask of Fitz?
(a) Asks him to show him his crest.
(b) Asks him to help him saddle a horse.
(c) Asks him to follow him.
(d) Asks him to tell him his new name.
11. What does Fitz do on the journey to Kelvar's stronghold?
(a) Dispel rumors about the king.
(b) Take care of the animals.
(c) Complete assignments for Chade.
(d) Run errands for Lady Thyme.
12. How long was Burrich away?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 month.
13. What is Fitz being measured for at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) New saddle.
(b) New clothes.
(c) A sword.
(d) A bed.
14. Why does Cob leave Fitz's side?
(a) To retrieve the lost puppy.
(b) To go and find Burrich.
(c) To announce Fitz's arrival.
(d) To fetch some food from the kitchens.
15. What does the King give to Fitz?
(a) A robe.
(b) A dog.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Burrich feel when he finds out about Fitz's behavior?
2. Who was the reason that Burrich was left behind?
3. Why does Burrich tell Fitz that Nosy will have to go away?
4. Which of the following is the best synonym for the term pilfer as it is used to describe Fitz's actions?
5. Why does Fitz wake up in the middle of the night?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)