Short Answer Questions Key
1. In what year does E.M. Forster present his lecture series, Aspects of the Novel?
2. Forster gives his series of lectures on the Aspects of the Novel at Trinity College at _______________.
3. In Forster's opinion, what is the key failing of English fiction?
4. Considering literature on the basis of time periods is the act of the ________________.
5. How many years separate the writing of Henry James and Samuel Richardson?
6. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
7. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
8. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
This section contains 3,118 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)