Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
(a) Jonathon Oldbuck.
(b) Miss Grizzle.
(c) Edie Ochiltree.
2. To be a true critic of literature, one must do what?
3. What novel does Forster refer to as his eternal summer?
(a) The Old Wives' Tale.
(b) The Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) The Antiquary.
(d) War and Peace.
4. Forster refers to characters as ________ created by the novelist.
(c) Word masses.
5. How many hours of the day does Forster suppose should be devoted to love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
2. Where is Moll sent after she is caught stealing?
3. Who tries to abolish time in a novel according to Forster?
4. Forster's third set of excerpts in the Introduction are from Virgina Woolf and _______________.
5. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)