|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only literary tool to have an effect on tyrants and savages?
2. Forster discusses the motto "_______ develops, Art stands still" in the introductory section.
3. Storytelling is the ____________ aspect of the novel.
4. Which characters in The Antiquary does Forster say Scott introduced artlessly?
(a) The Gallenhalls.
(b) The Glenwoods.
(c) The Gallentry.
(d) The Glenallans.
5. A novel that does not include an aspect of time is _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders?
2. Who does Forster use as an example when he discusses the difference between real people and fictional people?
3. Who is the Antiquary in Scott's novel?
4. What subject do the excerpts of H.G. Wells and Charles Dickens that Forster compares in the Introduction both describe?
5. According to Forster, what is the final test of a novel?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)