Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Forster, the story is the ___________ of a voice in the novel.
2. What is the highest common factor to all novels?
(a) The story.
(b) The character.
(c) The theme.
(d) The plot.
3. Forster contends that while The Antiquary has suspense, it lacks what?
4. Novelists unintentionally make their characters overly sensitive to what?
5. Which poet does Forster say has made eating somewhat sensuous in his poems?
Short Answer Questions
1. When comparing plot and drama, Forster visualizes plot as what?
2. Which author has numerous flat characters who can express themselves in a single sentence?
3. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
4. Forster believes the truest way to look at a novel is by examining the author's what?
5. Forster believes daily life is made up of time and ___________.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)