|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Forster discusses the death of the character Mrs.Proudie in a novel by whom?
2. The purpose of food in fiction is mostly a ____________ one.
3. Through characters, novels give the reader the illusion of _________________.
4. What does Forster say is absolutely essential to a plot?
5. A Meredithian plot resembles a series of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of Moby Dick?
2. Forster refers to prophecy as being a(n) _______ in the novelist's voice.
3. The plot of a novel asks what question?
4. What is the name of the French critic Forster quotes in his discussion of People?
5. Forster surmises that the character Moll was born out the author's experience in _____________.
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)