Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Touchstone ask to sing a song in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
3. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
4. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
5. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Love at first sight is a prominent theme within any Shakespeare play. How is love at first sight shown in "As You Like It" and how does it develop? What is the validity of the love at first sight within the play? Using examples and quotes from the play, prove whether or not Shakespeare believed in love at first sight or if he is patronizing the concept.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the play, land is considered of high value. How is land used as a source of barter and currency in "As You Like It"? How does owning property empower a character? How does not owning property, or having property taken away, degrade a character? Use specific examples and quotes from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Which character is least sympathetic? Between the feuds and personal vendettas characters have throughout the play, who ultimately learns nothing by the play's end? Do all learn a lesson and change their ways? Choose one character that you feel fails the task of learning a lesson, or choose the characters you believe become sympathetic and true-of-heart characters. Remember to use specific examples and quotes from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)