Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Touchstone ask to sing a song in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
3. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
4. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
5. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Many different contrasts are shown between country life and city life throughout "As You Like It." What is ultimately proven to be the better of the two? Is there a clear answer to the argument drawn at all? Support your response with specific examples and quotes from the play about country life and city life.
Essay Topic 2
Jaques discusses the seven stages of a man's life with Duke Senior's men in the forest. Explain Jaques' dissertation on the seven stages and how they directly apply to Shakespeare's contemporary time. Could this possibly be Shakespeare's own doctrine that he is inserting into the play? Use specific examples and quotes from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
There are many role changes within "As You Like It," and some involve the social ladder. What role change within the play shows the reader an interchange of social status? Who are the characters and how is the change shown? Why does Shakespeare include this role change? Use specific examples and quotes from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 1,561 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)