Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Touchstone ask to sing a song in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
3. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
4. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
5. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the play, land is considered of high value. How is land used as a source of barter and currency in "As You Like It"? How does owning property empower a character? How does not owning property, or having property taken away, degrade a character? Use specific examples and quotes from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Within "As You Like It" there are two kinds of love: true love and lust love. Between the four couples that wed at the end of the play, decide which fall in the category of true love and which fall within the category of lust love. Try defining either within the context Shakespeare sets up. How do each of these couples fall within their respective category? What else within the text supports the couples' designated category? Use specific examples and quotes from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Many different contrasts are shown between country life and city life throughout "As You Like It." What is ultimately proven to be the better of the two? Is there a clear answer to the argument drawn at all? Support your response with specific examples and quotes from the play about country life and city life.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)