Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Touchstone ask to sing a song in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
3. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
4. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
5. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
Rosalind and Celia don disguises when they enter the Forest of Arden. Using these two characters, present a clear thesis for what these disguises represent within the play. Think about the context in which the play was written (i.e., Shakespeare's time). Do these disguises prove positive or negative for the characters who wear them? Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Rosalind and Celia choose the names "Ganymede" and "Celia" as their aliases when in disguise. What is the meaning behind these names? Why do they choose these specific names? What is the significance of these names in "As You Like It"? Use quotes and information from the text to support your answer.
Many of the characters in the play are linked either through blood or family relationships. Using the characters in the play and their lineage and connections to one another, write an explication of the relations within the play. Who is the daughter/son of whom? Who are enemies? Who are siblings? Who are related? Who loves whom? Who hates whom? Your essay must be flawless in terms of how you relate each character to one another.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)