Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Touchstone ask to sing a song in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
3. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
4. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
5. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
Was Shakespeare attempting to empower his contemporary woman with the characters of Rosalind and Ganymede, or was he trying to expose female stereotypes? Use these two characters as the support for your response to this question. What scenes within the play show that the women are supporting your stance for this argument? Use your knowledge of Shakespearean time to deduce how Shakespeare wanted this question answered and, hence, wanted the women interpreted.
Throughout the play, land is considered of high value. How is land used as a source of barter and currency in "As You Like It"? How does owning property empower a character? How does not owning property, or having property taken away, degrade a character? Use specific examples and quotes from the text to support your answer.
Love at first sight is a prominent theme within any Shakespeare play. How is love at first sight shown in "As You Like It" and how does it develop? What is the validity of the love at first sight within the play? Using examples and quotes from the play, prove whether or not Shakespeare believed in love at first sight or if he is patronizing the concept.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)