Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Touchstone ask to sing a song in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
3. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
4. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
5. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
What is the meaning behind the title "As You Like It"? Does is specifically link to any themes, symbolism or characters within the play? Does it have a loose meaning? Does it not have any meaning at all? Support your answer with specific examples and quotes from the text.
Jaques is found crying over an injured deer in the forest and uses the deer and its herd as a metaphor for city life at court. Explain life at court through use of Jaques' metaphor. Explain what the deer, the injury and the herd represent. Decide to support or argue against this metaphor.
Many of the characters in the play are linked either through blood or family relationships. Using the characters in the play and their lineage and connections to one another, write an explication of the relations within the play. Who is the daughter/son of whom? Who are enemies? Who are siblings? Who are related? Who loves whom? Who hates whom? Your essay must be flawless in terms of how you relate each character to one another.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)