|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Le Beau tell Orlando to leave, what does he tell him he is not going to receive?
(c) A handshake.
(d) A knightship.
2. What does Oliver insist to Duke Frederick at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He has not injured Orlando.
(b) He has not killed Orlando.
(c) He has not seen Orlando.
(d) He has captured Orlando.
3. Why has Jaques been avoiding Duke Senior?
(a) Duke senior wants him out of the forest.
(b) He reminds him of court too much.
(c) Jaques is afraid of Duke Senior.
(d) Duke Senior is too argumentative.
4. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) A charity fund.
(b) The king's treasury.
(c) A retirement fund.
(d) A kind, elderly woman.
5. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
(a) He embraces Orlando.
(b) He praises Orlando.
(c) He kills Orlando.
(d) He dislikes Orlando.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the women decide to dress in disguise?
2. What is the person who is not feeling well suffering from in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
4. What does Oliver do when Orlando demands that Oliver give him the money that was left by their father?
5. What does Duke Senior tell his company about life in exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosalind ask of the men and women in the audience at the end of the play?
2. What is the preamble to Rosalind unveiling her true female identity in Act 5, Scene 4?
3. What is Duke Frederick talking about with the group of men at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Why is Rosalind kept at court after her father, Duke Senior, is banished to the forest?
5. Why does Le Beau tell Orlando to leave immediately after the wrestling match?
6. What do Duke Frederick's men report about Celia and Rosalind after their disappearance?
7. Why is Audrey upset with Touchstone at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
8. For what reason does Oliver claim to hate Orlando at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
9. Why does Jaques encourage Amiens to continue singing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
10. What does Orlando do for Adam while he rests?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)