|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to speak to Jaques at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Lords.
(b) Duke Frederick.
(c) Duke Senior.
2. What does Duke Senior invite Orlando and Adam to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Go to court.
(b) Go to the beach.
(c) Go to a party.
(d) Join the group.
3. Who does the attendant claim is with Rosalind and Celia after overhearing them the night before?
4. How does the member of the group who misses the court feel out in the country?
(b) Out of place.
5. What does Rosalind tell Orlando about her father?
(a) That he killed Orlando's father.
(b) That he loved Orlando's father.
(c) That he hated Orlando's father.
(d) That he financially supported Orlando's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Duke Frederick summon after hearing about Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
2. What does Duke Senior tell his company about life in exile?
3. What does Duke Senior tell his company he wants to do?
4. What does Oliver express to Duke Frederick about Orlando?
5. Who is being kept at court as a companion to Celia, Duke Frederick's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Silvius' reasoning for why Corin does not know for sure if he has ever been in love?
2. Why does Oliver have a change of heart toward his brother, Orlando, in Act 4, Scene 3?
3. Why do Rosalind and Celia decide to wear disguises to the Forest of Arden?
4. Why is Rosalind kept at court after her father, Duke Senior, is banished to the forest?
5. How do Rosalind and Celia feel once they enter the Forest of Arden?
6. Why does Adam meet Orlando in the courtyard and order him to leave?
7. Why does Rosalind, disguised as Ganymede, intervene on Silvius and Phebe's conversation?
8. What do Duke Frederick's men report about Celia and Rosalind after their disappearance?
9. What leads Duke Frederick to believe that the girls are with Orlando?
10. How does Phebe get Silvius to deliver her love letter to Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)