|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind and Celia he tried to do after entering the court?
(a) Imprison Orlando.
(b) Cancel the match.
(c) Talk Orlando out of the match.
(d) Enter the match.
2. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
3. What does Duke Senior invite Orlando and Adam to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Go to the beach.
(b) Join the group.
(c) Go to court.
(d) Go to a party.
4. How do Rosalind and Celia feel after their trip?
5. Where do Orlando and his traveling companion go the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Arden Mountains.
(b) Arden Canyon.
(c) Forest of Arden.
(d) Valley of Arden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to cheer up the ailing person in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. For what reason does Oliver hate his brother, Orlando?
3. How does the member of the group who misses the court feel out in the country?
4. What does Charles ask Oliver to do about Orlando?
5. Which attendant overhears Rosalind and Celia talking the night before they go missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Duke Frederick summon Oliver after learning of Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
2. What does Orlando do for Adam while he rests?
3. What leads Duke Frederick to believe that the girls are with Orlando?
4. Why does Le Beau tell Orlando to leave immediately after the wrestling match?
5. How does Oliver prove to Orlando that his love for Aliena is true love?
6. What does Rosalind say to the audience at the play's finale?
7. Why does Duke Frederick banish Rosalind from the city so suddenly?
8. How does Rosalind come to first speak with Orlando?
9. Why is Jaques crying over an injured deer in the forest?
10. Why does Oliver, the eldest son of the deceased Sir Rowland, pay for Jaques' education but will not give Orlando his inheritance?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)