|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to speak to Jaques at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Duke Senior.
(b) The Lords.
(c) Duke Frederick.
2. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
(a) She feels like an alien.
(b) She is alienated from home.
(c) She read it in a book.
(d) Her mother's name was Aliena.
3. Who is the father of Orlando and Oliver, who recently passed away?
(a) Duke Senior.
(b) Duke Frederick.
(c) Sir Adam.
(d) Sir Rowland.
4. What does Dennis tell Oliver that Duke Frederick has done to Duke Senior?
(a) Killed him.
(b) Made amends with him.
(c) Banished him.
(d) Stolen from him.
5. With what does Celia intend to pay for the property?
(a) Her inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did Orlando's father intend the crowns to go toward?
2. How do Rosalind and Celia feel after their trip?
3. Who meets Orlando in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
4. To whom does Jaques liken the herd of animals?
5. Who is Orlando talking to in the orchard at the opening of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one reason Rosalind gives for why she has an attraction to Orlando?
2. What does Duke Senior advise Orlando about while Orlando is trying to vanquish Duke Senior with a sword?
3. How does Jaques liken the injured deer to life at court?
4. Why does Oliver, the eldest son of the deceased Sir Rowland, pay for Jaques' education but will not give Orlando his inheritance?
5. Why does Celia decide to name herself Aliena while in disguise?
6. Why do Rosalind and Celia decide to wear disguises to the Forest of Arden?
7. How does Orlando get himself out of the court?
8. Why is Touchstone made out to be the foolish one in Act 5, Scene 3?
9. What is Duke Frederick talking about with the group of men at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
10. What are the stipulations Duke Frederick gives Oliver in the event that he does not find Orlando?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)