|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
(a) His master's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His servant's.
(d) His sister's.
2. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
(a) His horse.
(c) His sword.
(d) His inheritance.
3. What does Duke Frederick call Oliver before sending him away?
(a) A villain.
(b) A good man.
(c) The devil.
(d) A thief.
4. What does Celia promise Rosalind will happen when her father, Duke Frederick, dies?
(a) Rosalind will be sent to the country to live with her father.
(b) Rosalind's father's fortune will be restored.
(c) Rosalind and Orlando will be allowed to marry.
(d) She will share her inheritance with Rosalind.
5. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
(a) Jaques analogy.
(b) It has the female characters.
(c) It shows the peace of country life.
(d) There are no wrestling matches in the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the men find Jaques, what is he doing with the injured animal?
2. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
3. To whom does Jaques liken the herd of animals?
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, what does Orlando promise to return with?
5. What does Oliver do when Orlando demands that Oliver give him the money that was left by their father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Orlando do for Adam while he rests?
2. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude in the country?
3. Why does Touchstone dislike the forest?
4. What does Rosalind say to the audience at the play's finale?
5. How does Rosalind find out about Orlando's feelings for her?
6. How do Rosalind and Celia manage to find shelter in the forest?
7. Why is Orlando reluctant to leave the court?
8. What does Duke Senior advise Orlando about while Orlando is trying to vanquish Duke Senior with a sword?
9. What do Jaques and Orlando argue about in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. Why does Touchstone think marrying Audrey in the forest will be a benefit?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)