|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose estate is Orlando in at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Duke Frederick's.
(b) Duke Senior's.
(d) His own.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, what does Orlando promise to return with?
3. Who tells Corin that if he cannot remember the one time he fell in love, then he has never really been in love?
4. What mood does Jaques tell Amiens he likes being in?
5. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind and Celia he tried to do after entering the court?
(a) Talk Orlando out of the match.
(b) Enter the match.
(c) Imprison Orlando.
(d) Cancel the match.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Duke Senior compare Jaques at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
2. Where does Orlando intend to go once he leaves the estate?
3. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
4. What does Duke Frederick accuse Rosalind of being?
5. What were Sir Rowland and Duke Frederick when Sir Rowland was still alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Duke Frederick call Oliver a villain?
2. How do Rosalind and Celia manage to find shelter in the forest?
3. Why is Rosalind kept at court after her father, Duke Senior, is banished to the forest?
4. Why is Touchstone made out to be the foolish one in Act 5, Scene 3?
5. Why does Adam meet Orlando in the courtyard and order him to leave?
6. Why is Audrey upset with Touchstone at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
7. How does Rosalind find out about Orlando's feelings for her?
8. What leads Duke Frederick to believe that the girls are with Orlando?
9. Why does Phebe agree to conditionally marry Silvius at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
10. Why is Orlando reluctant to leave the court?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)