|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which attendant overhears Rosalind and Celia talking the night before they go missing?
2. What does Duke Frederick order Rosalind to do when he finds the girls in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Work as a servant.
(b) Orders her out of the city.
(c) Find her father and bring him back.
(d) Bow to himself and Celia.
3. Where do Duke Frederick's men claim to have seen Rosalind and Celia the night before?
(a) In bed.
(b) On the drawbridge.
(c) In the court.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. What does Duke Frederick call Oliver before sending him away?
(a) A thief.
(b) The devil.
(c) A good man.
(d) A villain.
5. What mood does Jaques tell Amiens he likes being in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rest of the herd doing while the animal Jaques is crying over suffers from its injury?
2. With what does Celia intend to pay for the property?
3. Why has Jaques been avoiding Duke Senior?
4. What does Act 2, Scene 2 contrast?
5. What does Oliver express to Duke Frederick about Orlando?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story about the seven seasons of man's life that Jaques tells the men at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
2. Why is Rosalind kept at court after her father, Duke Senior, is banished to the forest?
3. Why does Duke Frederick call Oliver a villain?
4. What does Touchstone talk about with William at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
5. What leads Duke Frederick to believe that the girls are with Orlando?
6. What does Orlando do for Adam while he rests?
7. Why does Adam meet Orlando in the courtyard and order him to leave?
8. Why does Touchstone call the singers in Act 5, Scene 3, foolish?
9. How do Rosalind and Celia manage to find shelter in the forest?
10. Why do Duke Frederick's initial good-natured feelings toward Orlando change to feelings of hate?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)