|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Corin that if he cannot remember the one time he fell in love, then he has never really been in love?
2. What is Duke Frederick questioning his company about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Orlando's whereabouts.
(b) Rosalind and Celia's whereabouts.
(c) If Sir Rowland is really dead.
(d) Duke Senior's status.
3. What does Orlando's visitor warn Orlando that he must do?
(b) Take back his inheritance.
(c) Kill Oliver.
(d) Usurp Duke Frederick's power.
4. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
5. What does Oliver do in order to convince Charles to carry out his plan to kill Orlando?
(a) Pays him.
(c) Knights him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis tell Oliver that Duke Frederick has done to Duke Senior?
2. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
3. What does Rosalind point out to Celia to make her understand why she feels the way she does about Orlando?
4. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
5. What does Duke Frederick say will happen to Oliver if he fails to find Orlando in the allotted time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Duke Frederick's initial good-natured feelings toward Orlando change to feelings of hate?
2. Why is Jaques crying over an injured deer in the forest?
3. What are the stipulations Duke Frederick gives Oliver in the event that he does not find Orlando?
4. Why is Rosalind kept at court after her father, Duke Senior, is banished to the forest?
5. What does Orlando do for Adam while he rests?
6. Why do Rosalind and Celia decide to wear disguises to the Forest of Arden?
7. How does Rosalind find out about Orlando's feelings for her?
8. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius when he finds out that Phebe's letter to Ganymede is a love letter?
9. What is Duke Frederick talking about with the group of men at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
10. How do Rosalind and Celia manage to find shelter in the forest?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)