|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rosalind and Celia plan to go?
(a) Forest of Andrew.
(b) Kingdom of Andrew.
(c) Forest of Arden.
(d) Kingdom of Arden.
2. To what does Duke Senior compare life in exile?
(a) Life as a pauper.
(b) Life at court.
(c) Married life.
(d) Life in prison.
3. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
(a) It has the female characters.
(b) There are no wrestling matches in the forest.
(c) Jaques analogy.
(d) It shows the peace of country life.
4. How much time does Duke Frederick give Oliver to find his brother?
(a) Six months.
(b) A week.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
5. How does Amiens feels at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What invigorates Celia and Rosalind out in the country?
2. What does Orlando's visitor say Orlando's enemy intends to do to him?
3. What does Duke Frederick say will happen to Oliver if he fails to find Orlando in the allotted time?
4. Whom is Duke Senior with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Where does Orlando intend to go once he leaves the estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Silvius' reasoning for why Corin does not know for sure if he has ever been in love?
2. Why does Jaques not want to speak with Duke Senior in Act 2, Scene 5?
3. Why does Adam meet Orlando in the courtyard and order him to leave?
4. Why does Duke Frederick call Oliver a villain?
5. Why does Oliver have a change of heart toward his brother, Orlando, in Act 4, Scene 3?
6. Why does Phebe agree to conditionally marry Silvius at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
7. What do Duke Frederick's men report about Celia and Rosalind after their disappearance?
8. Why does Duke Frederick summon Oliver after learning of Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
9. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius when he finds out that Phebe's letter to Ganymede is a love letter?
10. Why do Duke Frederick's initial good-natured feelings toward Orlando change to feelings of hate?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)