|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver express to Duke Frederick about Orlando?
(a) His hatred for Orlando.
(b) His confusion.
(c) His change of heart toward Orlando.
(d) His regret.
2. What is Duke Frederick questioning his company about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Orlando's whereabouts.
(b) Duke Senior's status.
(c) Rosalind and Celia's whereabouts.
(d) If Sir Rowland is really dead.
3. What is Amiens doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(c) Building a fire.
(d) Playing a guitar.
4. To what does Duke Senior compare Jaques at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A snake.
(b) A beast.
(c) A fish.
(d) A fawn.
5. What does Rosalind confide in to Celia at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) How much she misses her father.
(b) Her revenge plot for Duke Frederick.
(c) Her attraction to Orlando.
(d) That she despises Duke Frederick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Duke Frederick want Rosalind and Celia to be found?
2. Where is Orlando at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. How does Amiens feels at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
5. What does Jaques tell the men the world is after Orlando leaves to find Adam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Duke Frederick to believe that the girls are with Orlando?
2. What does Duke Senior advise Orlando about while Orlando is trying to vanquish Duke Senior with a sword?
3. What is the story about the seven seasons of man's life that Jaques tells the men at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
4. How does Oliver prove to Orlando that his love for Aliena is true love?
5. What does Rosalind say to the audience at the play's finale?
6. Why is Audrey upset with Touchstone at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
7. Why does Touchstone dislike the forest?
8. What are the stipulations Duke Frederick gives Oliver in the event that he does not find Orlando?
9. How does Orlando get himself out of the court?
10. How do Rosalind and Celia feel once they enter the Forest of Arden?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)