|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Oliver hate his brother, Orlando?
(a) Orlando is smarter.
(b) Orlando is stronger.
(c) Orlando is like his father.
(d) Orlando is better-looking.
2. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
(a) He embraces Orlando.
(b) He kills Orlando.
(c) He dislikes Orlando.
(d) He praises Orlando.
3. What does Duke Frederick accuse Rosalind of being?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A sorceress.
(c) A gold digger.
(d) A siren.
4. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
(a) Her mother's name was Aliena.
(b) She read it in a book.
(c) She is alienated from home.
(d) She feels like an alien.
5. Where do Rosalind, Celia and Touchstone arrive at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The court.
(b) Forest of Arden.
(c) Jaques' camp.
(d) Duke Senior's camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Where does Orlando intend to go once he leaves the estate?
3. Why does Duke Frederick want Rosalind and Celia to be found?
4. What of Orlando's is being threatened in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What is Duke Frederick questioning his company about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rosalind come to first speak with Orlando?
2. Why is Jaques crying over an injured deer in the forest?
3. Why do Rosalind and Celia decide to wear disguises to the Forest of Arden?
4. What is the preamble to Rosalind unveiling her true female identity in Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What is Silvius' reasoning for why Corin does not know for sure if he has ever been in love?
6. Why does Oliver, the eldest son of the deceased Sir Rowland, pay for Jaques' education but will not give Orlando his inheritance?
7. Why is Celia upset with Rosalind at the end of Act 4, Scene I?
8. Why does Duke Frederick call Oliver a villain?
9. How does Celia try to cheer up Rosalind, who is depressed about her father's banishment?
10. What does Duke Senior say to his men about life in the Forest of Arden?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)