|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Duke Frederick speaking to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Men at court.
2. Who is the court fool?
(c) Charles the wrestler.
3. To what does Duke Senior compare life in exile?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Life as a pauper.
(c) Life at court.
(d) Married life.
4. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
(a) That Rosalind reciprocates.
(b) That they cannot be broken.
(c) That he shares them, for Orlando.
(d) That they are changing.
5. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude?
(a) He can make any bad situation good.
(b) He is delusional.
(c) He is just bitter.
(d) He needs to lighten up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orlando's visitor warn Orlando that he must do?
2. Where do Duke Frederick's men claim to have seen Rosalind and Celia the night before?
3. What does Duke Senior invite Orlando and Adam to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
4. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Le Beau tell Rosalind and Celia that they have missed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Touchstone made out to be the foolish one in Act 5, Scene 3?
2. Why does Touchstone dislike the forest?
3. What does Duke Senior advise Orlando about while Orlando is trying to vanquish Duke Senior with a sword?
4. For what reason does Oliver claim to hate Orlando at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is one reason Rosalind gives for why she has an attraction to Orlando?
6. Why does Le Beau tell Orlando to leave immediately after the wrestling match?
7. Why does Duke Frederick summon Oliver after learning of Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
8. Why is Orlando reluctant to leave the court?
9. Why is Celia upset with Rosalind at the end of Act 4, Scene I?
10. What is the story about the seven seasons of man's life that Jaques tells the men at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)