|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) The king's treasury.
(b) A charity fund.
(c) A retirement fund.
(d) A kind, elderly woman.
2. What does Dennis tell Oliver that Duke Frederick has done to Duke Senior?
(a) Made amends with him.
(b) Killed him.
(c) Stolen from him.
(d) Banished him.
3. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude?
(a) He needs to lighten up.
(b) He can make any bad situation good.
(c) He is delusional.
(d) He is just bitter.
4. Who wants to speak to Jaques at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Duke Frederick.
(c) Duke Senior.
(d) The Lords.
5. How many crowns is Orlando left by his late father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
3. Why does Corin not remember the one time that he fell in love?
4. What does Jaques tell the men the world is after Orlando leaves to find Adam?
5. When Jaques arrives, what or whom does he say he met in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Celia decide to name herself Aliena while in disguise?
2. Why do Rosalind and Celia decide to wear disguises to the Forest of Arden?
3. How does Touchstone get Audrey to agree to marry him?
4. Why does Jaques not want to speak with Duke Senior in Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What is Duke Frederick talking about with the group of men at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
6. Why do Duke Frederick's initial good-natured feelings toward Orlando change to feelings of hate?
7. How does Orlando get himself out of the court?
8. What is one reason Rosalind gives for why she has an attraction to Orlando?
9. How does Celia try to cheer up Rosalind, who is depressed about her father's banishment?
10. Why is Celia upset with Rosalind at the end of Act 4, Scene I?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)