|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Duke Frederick hold possession of until Oliver finds his brother?
(a) Oliver's inheritance.
(b) Oliver's property.
(c) Oliver's sword.
(d) Oliver's nobility.
2. Which attendant overhears Rosalind and Celia talking the night before they go missing?
3. Whom does Rosalind think she and Celia should bring with them?
(d) Her father.
4. What is Duke Frederick questioning his company about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Duke Senior's status.
(b) Rosalind and Celia's whereabouts.
(c) If Sir Rowland is really dead.
(d) Orlando's whereabouts.
5. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
(a) It has the female characters.
(b) There are no wrestling matches in the forest.
(c) Jaques analogy.
(d) It shows the peace of country life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Act 2, Scene 2 contrast?
2. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
3. What does Orlando find in the forest?
4. Where is Amiens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. How much time does Duke Frederick give Oliver to find his brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Duke Frederick summon Oliver after learning of Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
2. Why does Rosalind compare Orlando's love for her to that of a snail?
3. How is Adam feeling when he and Orlando reach the Forest of Arden at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What leads Duke Frederick to believe that the girls are with Orlando?
5. Why is Audrey upset with Touchstone at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
6. What is the preamble to Rosalind unveiling her true female identity in Act 5, Scene 4?
7. How does Orlando get himself out of the court?
8. What does Orlando do for Adam while he rests?
9. Why does Touchstone think marrying Audrey in the forest will be a benefit?
10. What is Duke Frederick talking about with the group of men at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)