|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosalind tell Orlando about her father?
(a) That he loved Orlando's father.
(b) That he hated Orlando's father.
(c) That he financially supported Orlando's father.
(d) That he killed Orlando's father.
2. Who is the father of Orlando and Oliver, who recently passed away?
(a) Sir Rowland.
(b) Sir Adam.
(c) Duke Frederick.
(d) Duke Senior.
3. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
(a) It shows the peace of country life.
(b) Jaques analogy.
(c) It has the female characters.
(d) There are no wrestling matches in the forest.
4. What is Duke Frederick's plan to find the group and use Oliver to do it an example of?
(a) Peril of the court.
(b) Greed and vanity.
(c) Simplicity of country life.
(d) Lying and deceit.
5. Who asks Corin for food?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Orlando intend to go once he leaves the estate?
2. Where do Rosalind, Celia and Touchstone arrive at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
3. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude?
4. How much time does Duke Frederick give Oliver to find his brother?
5. What does Duke Frederick order Rosalind to do when he finds the girls in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Phebe get Silvius to deliver her love letter to Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
2. How do Rosalind and Celia manage to find shelter in the forest?
3. Why is Celia upset with Rosalind at the end of Act 4, Scene I?
4. What does Orlando do for Adam while he rests?
5. Why do Duke Frederick's initial good-natured feelings toward Orlando change to feelings of hate?
6. What does Rosalind ask of the men and women in the audience at the end of the play?
7. How does Rosalind find out about Orlando's feelings for her?
8. How does Jaques liken the injured deer to life at court?
9. Why does Rosalind compare Orlando's love for her to that of a snail?
10. Why does Duke Frederick call Oliver a villain?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)