|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Act 2, Scene 2 contrast?
(a) Act 1, Scene 2.
(b) Act 1, Scene 3.
(c) Act 2, Scene 1.
(d) Act 1, Scene 1.
2. What does Celia wish she could do when Rosalind is dismissed from the court?
(a) Go with Rosalind.
(b) Apologize to Rosalind.
(c) Keep Rosalind there.
(d) Find Rosalind's father.
3. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) The king's treasury.
(b) A charity fund.
(c) A kind, elderly woman.
(d) A retirement fund.
4. Who gives Orlando some traveling money once he leaves the estate?
5. To what does Duke Senior compare Jaques at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A fish.
(b) A snake.
(c) A fawn.
(d) A beast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
2. What does Oliver do in order to convince Charles to carry out his plan to kill Orlando?
3. What does Orlando's visitor warn Orlando that he must do?
4. Where do Orlando and his traveling companion go the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Dennis tell Oliver that Duke Frederick has done to Duke Senior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Duke Frederick to believe that the girls are with Orlando?
2. How does Phebe get Silvius to deliver her love letter to Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
3. Why does Jaques encourage Amiens to continue singing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. What do Duke Frederick's men report about Celia and Rosalind after their disappearance?
5. Why does Jaques not want to speak with Duke Senior in Act 2, Scene 5?
6. Why does Touchstone dislike the forest?
7. What news does Oliver and Orlando's youngest brother give them about Duke Frederick?
8. Why does Duke Frederick banish Rosalind from the city so suddenly?
9. Why does Celia decide to name herself Aliena while in disguise?
10. Why is Rosalind kept at court after her father, Duke Senior, is banished to the forest?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)