|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which attendant overhears Rosalind and Celia talking the night before they go missing?
2. To whom does Jaques liken the herd of animals?
(a) A gang.
(b) The Lords.
(c) People in court.
(d) His brothers.
3. Where does Orlando intend to go once he leaves the estate?
(b) Arden Mountains.
(c) To the next kingdom.
(d) To his brother.
4. What does Orlando's visitor warn Orlando that he must do?
(b) Usurp Duke Frederick's power.
(c) Kill Oliver.
(d) Take back his inheritance.
5. What is Duke Frederick's plan to find the group and use Oliver to do it an example of?
(a) Lying and deceit.
(b) Peril of the court.
(c) Greed and vanity.
(d) Simplicity of country life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the forest at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
2. Why does Corin not remember the one time that he fell in love?
3. What mood does Jaques tell Amiens he likes being in?
4. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
5. What does Amiens do so that Jaques will not feel depressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Audrey upset with Touchstone at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Duke Senior advise Orlando about while Orlando is trying to vanquish Duke Senior with a sword?
3. Why is Orlando reluctant to leave the court?
4. Why does Duke Frederick call Oliver a villain?
5. Why does Jaques not want to speak with Duke Senior in Act 2, Scene 5?
6. What is Duke Frederick talking about with the group of men at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Why do Rosalind and Celia decide to wear disguises to the Forest of Arden?
8. Why does Phebe agree to conditionally marry Silvius at the end of Act 5, Scene 2?
9. Why does Oliver have a change of heart toward his brother, Orlando, in Act 4, Scene 3?
10. How do Rosalind and Celia manage to find shelter in the forest?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)