|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia promise Rosalind will happen when her father, Duke Frederick, dies?
(a) Rosalind and Orlando will be allowed to marry.
(b) Rosalind will be sent to the country to live with her father.
(c) She will share her inheritance with Rosalind.
(d) Rosalind's father's fortune will be restored.
2. Which attendant overhears Rosalind and Celia talking the night before they go missing?
3. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
(a) His horse.
(c) His inheritance.
(d) His sword.
4. What does Celia think about Rosalind's reasoning about her feelings toward Orlando?
(a) It is wise.
(b) It needs tweaking.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is naive.
5. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
(a) She is alienated from home.
(b) She read it in a book.
(c) Her mother's name was Aliena.
(d) She feels like an alien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duke Senior tell his company he wants to do?
2. Why does Corin not remember the one time that he fell in love?
3. When Orlando happens upon Duke Senior and his men, how does he try to take food from them?
4. Who is the court fool?
5. Who wants to speak to Jaques at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Audrey upset with Touchstone at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Touchstone talk about with William at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
3. How does Oliver prove to Orlando that his love for Aliena is true love?
4. Why does Corin suggest that he and the girls should go watch Silvius and Phebe?
5. How does Orlando get himself out of the court?
6. How does Jaques liken the injured deer to life at court?
7. Why does Adam meet Orlando in the courtyard and order him to leave?
8. Why is Jaques crying over an injured deer in the forest?
9. Why does Jaques encourage Amiens to continue singing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
10. Why does Touchstone think marrying Audrey in the forest will be a benefit?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)