|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her father's banishment.
(b) She and Celia do not get along.
(c) She hates Duke Frederick.
(d) She hates the court.
2. Where do Orlando and his traveling companion go the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Valley of Arden.
(b) Arden Mountains.
(c) Arden Canyon.
(d) Forest of Arden.
3. Who is the court fool?
(a) Charles the wrestler.
4. What invigorates Celia and Rosalind out in the country?
(a) The danger.
(b) The lack of responsibility.
(c) The independence.
(d) The atmosphere.
5. Where is Amiens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Duke Senior's cave.
(b) Duke Senior's tent.
(c) Duke Senior's cottage.
(d) Duke Senior's garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the person who is not feeling well suffering from in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. How does Amiens feels at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
4. For what reason does Oliver hate his brother, Orlando?
5. What does Duke Frederick accuse Rosalind of being?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Duke Frederick banish Rosalind from the city so suddenly?
2. What is Silvius' reasoning for why Corin does not know for sure if he has ever been in love?
3. How does Oliver prove to Orlando that his love for Aliena is true love?
4. How do Rosalind and Celia manage to find shelter in the forest?
5. How does Celia calm down Rosalind, who is upset that Orlando is late for their lesson on love?
6. What is Duke Frederick talking about with the group of men at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
7. Why does Touchstone think marrying Audrey in the forest will be a benefit?
8. Why does Jaques encourage Amiens to continue singing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
9. Why does Duke Frederick summon Oliver after learning of Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
10. What does Jaques suggest that Duke Senior's men do while they are hunting?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)