Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to cheer up the ailing person in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude?
(a) He is delusional.
(b) He is just bitter.
(c) He can make any bad situation good.
(d) He needs to lighten up.
3. How does Phebe feel about the feelings of love professed to her?
(a) She is repulsed by them.
(b) She does not return them.
(c) She feels the same way.
(d) She is confused by them.
4. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
5. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Duke Senior with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Who is being kept at court as a companion to Celia, Duke Frederick's daughter?
3. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
4. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind will happen if she does not follow his orders?
5. Who gives Orlando some traveling money once he leaves the estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jaques liken the injured deer to life at court?
2. What does Orlando do for Adam while he rests?
3. Why is Orlando reluctant to leave the court?
4. Why does Oliver, the eldest son of the deceased Sir Rowland, pay for Jaques' education but will not give Orlando his inheritance?
5. Why does Le Beau tell Orlando to leave immediately after the wrestling match?
6. Why does Duke Frederick banish Rosalind from the city so suddenly?
7. What is the story about the seven seasons of man's life that Jaques tells the men at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
8. How does Celia calm down Rosalind, who is upset that Orlando is late for their lesson on love?
9. What do Jaques and Orlando argue about in Act 3, Scene 2?
10. What does Touchstone talk about with William at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)