|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duke Frederick accuse Rosalind of being?
(a) A siren.
(b) A gold digger.
(c) A sorceress.
(d) A traitor.
2. What does Duke Senior tell Orlando is the best way to get what he wants, which astonishes Orlando?
(a) By trading.
(b) By lying.
(c) By being polite.
(d) By telling riddles.
3. When Orlando happens upon Duke Senior and his men, how does he try to take food from them?
(a) He throws rocks.
(b) He convinces them.
(c) He punches them.
(d) With his sword.
4. Why does Duke Frederick want Rosalind and Celia to be found?
(a) He feels betrayed.
(b) He misses them.
(c) He fears for their safety.
(d) He needs their guidance.
5. Who is the father of Orlando and Oliver, who recently passed away?
(a) Duke Frederick.
(b) Sir Adam.
(c) Duke Senior.
(d) Sir Rowland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duke Senior tell his company he wants to do?
2. Where does Orlando intend to go once he leaves the estate?
3. Who does Orlando's visitor tell Orlando is his enemy?
4. What does Dennis tell Oliver that Duke Frederick has done to Duke Senior?
5. Whom is Duke Senior with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is one reason Rosalind gives for why she has an attraction to Orlando?
2. Why is Rosalind kept at court after her father, Duke Senior, is banished to the forest?
3. What is the preamble to Rosalind unveiling her true female identity in Act 5, Scene 4?
4. Why is Jaques crying over an injured deer in the forest?
5. What is Duke Frederick talking about with the group of men at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
6. Why does Corin suggest that he and the girls should go watch Silvius and Phebe?
7. Why does Oliver have a change of heart toward his brother, Orlando, in Act 4, Scene 3?
8. How does Celia calm down Rosalind, who is upset that Orlando is late for their lesson on love?
9. How does Oliver prove to Orlando that his love for Aliena is true love?
10. Why does Celia decide to name herself Aliena while in disguise?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)