|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Corin that if he cannot remember the one time he fell in love, then he has never really been in love?
2. What does Duke Frederick order Rosalind to do when he finds the girls in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Orders her out of the city.
(b) Work as a servant.
(c) Bow to himself and Celia.
(d) Find her father and bring him back.
3. What does Charles ask Oliver to do about Orlando?
(a) To send him to the country.
(b) To talk him out of the match.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To give him his inheritance.
4. What does Celia think about Rosalind's reasoning about her feelings toward Orlando?
(a) It is naive.
(b) It is false.
(c) It needs tweaking.
(d) It is wise.
5. What does Orlando's visitor say Orlando's enemy intends to do to him?
(a) Assault him.
(b) Rob him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Steal Rosalind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver express to Duke Frederick about Orlando?
2. What is the person who is not feeling well suffering from in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. To what does Duke Senior compare Jaques at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
4. What does Duke Senior tell his company he wants to do?
5. What does Oliver insist to Duke Frederick at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the song about that the men sing on their way to Duke Senior in Act 4, Scene 2?
2. How does Phebe get Silvius to deliver her love letter to Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
3. Why do Rosalind and Celia decide to wear disguises to the Forest of Arden?
4. What does Rosalind say to the audience at the play's finale?
5. Why is Rosalind kept at court after her father, Duke Senior, is banished to the forest?
6. Why does Duke Frederick call Oliver a villain?
7. Why is Jaques crying over an injured deer in the forest?
8. What does Duke Senior advise Orlando about while Orlando is trying to vanquish Duke Senior with a sword?
9. Why does Adam meet Orlando in the courtyard and order him to leave?
10. What is the preamble to Rosalind unveiling her true female identity in Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)