|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) A retirement fund.
(b) A charity fund.
(c) The king's treasury.
(d) A kind, elderly woman.
2. Where is Duke Senior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Outside the kingdom walls.
(c) On a horse heading toward the court.
(d) Forest of Arden.
3. What does Orlando find in the forest?
4. Whose estate is Orlando in at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Duke Senior's.
(c) His own.
(d) Duke Frederick's.
5. Whom does Duke Frederick summon after hearing about Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
(a) Duke Senior.
(b) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the court fool?
2. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. When Orlando happens upon Duke Senior and his men, how does he try to take food from them?
4. What does Celia think about Rosalind's reasoning about her feelings toward Orlando?
5. What does Charles come to court to warn Oliver about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude in the country?
2. Why does Rosalind compare Orlando's love for her to that of a snail?
3. How does Jaques liken the injured deer to life at court?
4. Why is Audrey upset with Touchstone at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
5. What is the song about that the men sing on their way to Duke Senior in Act 4, Scene 2?
6. Why does Jaques not want to speak with Duke Senior in Act 2, Scene 5?
7. How does Phebe get Silvius to deliver her love letter to Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
8. How does Celia try to cheer up Rosalind, who is depressed about her father's banishment?
9. What does Duke Senior say to his men about life in the Forest of Arden?
10. Why is Rosalind kept at court after her father, Duke Senior, is banished to the forest?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)