|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men sing about as they parade at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) A man and his unfaithful wife.
(b) The beauty of country life.
(c) The circle of life.
(d) How much they miss court life.
2. What does Touchstone ask Audrey about at the beginning of Act 5, Scene1?
(a) When the wedding should be.
(b) If she loves anyone else.
(c) If she truly loves him.
(d) Who is pursuing her.
3. What does Rosalind persuade Celia to pretend to be?
(a) A minister.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A jester.
4. Why is Phebe mad at Ganymede?
(a) Ganymede is forcing her to marry Silvius.
(b) Ganymede yelled at her.
(c) Ganymede loves someone else.
(d) Ganymede read her letter aloud.
5. Who calls Orlando a fool for marring the trees in the forest with his verses?
(d) Duke Senior.
6. Why does Rosalind decide to intervene in the encounter taking place between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) She wants to try her disguise on them.
(b) She wants to educate them on love.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She finds it funny.
7. What happens after Silvius declares his love for Phebe at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He is rejected.
(b) Phebe cries.
(c) Phebe embraces him.
(d) He flees the forest.
8. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
(a) Uses hand signals.
(b) Talks in riddles.
(c) Dances around.
(d) Uses poetic language.
9. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) Phebe cries and repents.
(b) Phebe falls for Ganymede.
(c) Phebe leaves the forest.
(d) Phebe apologizes to Silvius.
10. Why is Audrey upset at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) She realizes that Touchstone is insincere.
(b) Her wedding is postponed.
(c) Touchstone yelled at her.
(d) Touchstone does not love her.
11. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He badmouths Rosalind to Ganymede.
(b) He leaves the forest.
(c) He does not show up.
(d) He falls for Celia.
12. What is Jaques doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
13. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
14. What does Touchstone say about the country life in his discussion with Corin?
(a) It is peaceful.
(b) It is relaxing.
(c) It is sinful.
(d) It is boring.
15. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
(b) A fool.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A beggar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who converts Duke Frederick in the forest while he's on the way to kill his brother?
2. What does Rosalind do at first when Orlando shows up for his lesson?
3. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
4. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
5. What does Touchstone call his wedding ceremony to Audrey?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)