|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Audrey upset at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Touchstone yelled at her.
(b) She realizes that Touchstone is insincere.
(c) Touchstone does not love her.
(d) Her wedding is postponed.
2. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
(a) Volunteering to walk Audrey down the aisle.
(b) Mentioning the court.
(c) Eavesdropping on conversations.
(d) His depressed attitude.
3. What does Touchstone say about the country life in his discussion with Corin?
(a) It is sinful.
(b) It is relaxing.
(c) It is peaceful.
(d) It is boring.
4. What does Vicar Martext tell Touchstone and Audrey they need in order to make their marriage legal?
(a) Someone to give away the bride.
(b) Wedding bands.
(d) A group of witnesses.
5. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) Phebe cries and repents.
(b) Phebe leaves the forest.
(c) Phebe apologizes to Silvius.
(d) Phebe falls for Ganymede.
6. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He does not show up.
(b) He badmouths Rosalind to Ganymede.
(c) He leaves the forest.
(d) He falls for Celia.
7. What does Rosalind, disguised as Ganymede, call Phebe after she intervenes?
8. What is the subject matter of the song that Touchstone requests in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Love in the spring.
(b) Everyone's stupidty.
(c) Falsehoods about marriage.
(d) City life being better than country life.
9. To what does Rosalind compare Orlando's love when he shows up for his lesson?
(a) A worm.
(b) A fly.
(c) A snail.
(d) A beetle.
10. To whom does Jaques want to parade with the dead animal?
(b) The duke.
11. When is Touchstone projected to get married at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Two days.
(c) The evening.
(d) A week.
12. What must Silvius do, according to Ganymede, in order for Phebe to marry him?
(a) Expose Ganymede as a woman.
(b) Make her jealous in some way.
(c) Find her a gold wedding ring.
(d) Giver her one reason why not to.
13. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
(a) The nearby village.
(b) The court.
(c) The cottage.
(d) Duke Senior's cave.
14. Whom does Rosalind say she does not want to talk about to Celia?
(b) Duke Senior.
15. With which god do Rosalind and Celia reappear after Rosalind discards her disguise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Touchstone decide after his conversation with Jaques at the end of Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What do the men sing about as they parade at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
4. What happens after Silvius declares his love for Phebe at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
5. How does Touchstone feel about his pending wedding?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)