|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affliction does Rosalind, while disguised as Ganymede, tell Orlando can be cured?
(a) Love sickness.
2. When is Touchstone projected to get married at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) The evening.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
3. Which marriage does the duke give his blessing to?
(a) Rosalind and Orlando's.
(b) Phebe and Silvius'.
(c) Celia and Oliver's.
(d) Audrey and Touchstone's.
4. Who calls Orlando a fool for marring the trees in the forest with his verses?
(b) Duke Senior.
5. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
(a) He has always been loyal to the court.
(b) Rosalind has heard how he feels with her own ears.
(c) He has been helping Rosalind's father.
(d) He writes her many poems.
6. What part of the animal does Jaques suggest they should put on?
(a) The hide.
(b) The tail.
(c) The hoofs.
(d) The horns.
7. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He does not show up.
(b) He badmouths Rosalind to Ganymede.
(c) He falls for Celia.
(d) He leaves the forest.
8. How does Touchstone feel about his pending wedding?
9. When Oliver arrives, what does he give to Rosalind, claiming it belongs to Orlando?
(a) A bloody handkerchief.
(b) A goodbye letter.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) His prince crown.
10. What does Rosalind persuade Celia to pretend to be?
(a) A jester.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A minister.
11. What is Orlando attaching to trees in the Forest of Arden at the beginning of Act 3, Scene2?
(a) Written verses.
(b) Warning tape.
(c) Forest laws.
(d) Distress signals.
12. Whom does Rosalind say she does not want to talk about to Celia?
(b) Duke Senior.
13. What does Oliver insist on when he is confessing his love for Aliena to Orlando?
(a) That Orlando help him woo her.
(b) That Orlando not tell anyone.
(c) That it is true love.
(d) That they get married.
14. What does Rosalind suggest that Orlando start with, instead of a kiss, in his quest for Rosalind's love?
(a) A handshake.
(b) A letter.
(c) A hug.
15. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
(a) His wounds.
(b) The ring.
(c) His heart.
(d) The court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
2. For what event is Rosalind waiting for Orlando to meet her at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
3. With which god do Rosalind and Celia reappear after Rosalind discards her disguise?
4. What does Touchstone call his wedding ceremony to Audrey?
5. What does Touchstone decide after his conversation with Jaques at the end of Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)