|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is secretly watching the conversation Touchstone is having at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What does Oliver call Rosalind/Ganymede when she arrives on the scene?
(a) Fair sister.
(b) Good sir.
(c) My brother.
3. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
(a) A witch.
(b) An illusionist.
(c) A magician.
(d) A sorceress.
4. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
(a) They are not in tune.
(b) They do not play their instruments well.
(c) They do not know the words.
(d) They cannot dance.
5. When Oliver arrives, what does he give to Rosalind, claiming it belongs to Orlando?
(a) A goodbye letter.
(b) A bloody handkerchief.
(c) His prince crown.
(d) An engagement ring.
6. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
(a) Ganymede and Aliena.
(b) Duke Senior's men.
(c) Corin and Touchstone.
(d) Duke Frederick's men.
7. What does Rosalind do at first when Orlando shows up for his lesson?
(a) Ignores him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Embraces him.
8. What does Vicar Martext tell Touchstone and Audrey they need in order to make their marriage legal?
(b) A group of witnesses.
(c) Wedding bands.
(d) Someone to give away the bride.
9. Why is Phebe mad at Ganymede?
(a) Ganymede read her letter aloud.
(b) Ganymede yelled at her.
(c) Ganymede loves someone else.
(d) Ganymede is forcing her to marry Silvius.
10. What happens after Silvius declares his love for Phebe at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Phebe cries.
(b) He flees the forest.
(c) Phebe embraces him.
(d) He is rejected.
11. Why does Rosalind decide to intervene in the encounter taking place between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She finds it funny.
(c) She wants to try her disguise on them.
(d) She wants to educate them on love.
12. Who enters and has to have words with Touchstone in Act 5, Scene 1, after he speaks with Audrey?
13. What is the subject matter of the song that Touchstone requests in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Everyone's stupidty.
(b) City life being better than country life.
(c) Falsehoods about marriage.
(d) Love in the spring.
14. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
(a) The ring.
(b) His heart.
(c) His wounds.
(d) The court.
15. About whom are Rosalind and Celia talking at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3, when Silvius arrives?
(c) Duke Senior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
2. Which marriage does the duke give his blessing to?
3. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
4. With which god do Rosalind and Celia reappear after Rosalind discards her disguise?
5. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)