|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
(a) They are not in tune.
(b) They do not play their instruments well.
(c) They cannot dance.
(d) They do not know the words.
2. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He does not show up.
(b) He falls for Celia.
(c) He leaves the forest.
(d) He badmouths Rosalind to Ganymede.
3. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
(a) He writes her many poems.
(b) Rosalind has heard how he feels with her own ears.
(c) He has been helping Rosalind's father.
(d) He has always been loyal to the court.
4. Why does Rosalind decide to intervene in the encounter taking place between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) She finds it funny.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She wants to educate them on love.
(d) She wants to try her disguise on them.
5. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius after reading the letter from Phebe?
(a) He loves an unlovable woman.
(b) He has plenty of money.
(c) He will find a nicer woman.
(d) He is really a bad man.
6. What does Touchstone ask Audrey about at the beginning of Act 5, Scene1?
(a) When the wedding should be.
(b) If she truly loves him.
(c) Who is pursuing her.
(d) If she loves anyone else.
7. To what literary figure does Rosalind compare Oliver after he confesses his love for Aliena?
(a) John Smith.
8. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
(a) A cow.
(b) A goat.
(c) A deer.
(d) A bull.
9. What do the men sing about as they parade at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) The circle of life.
(b) A man and his unfaithful wife.
(c) The beauty of country life.
(d) How much they miss court life.
10. About whom are Rosalind and Celia talking at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3, when Silvius arrives?
(c) Duke Senior.
11. For what event is Rosalind waiting for Orlando to meet her at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A lesson in love.
(b) Their wedding ceremony.
(c) Touchstone and Audrey's wedding.
(d) A singing lesson.
12. What does Rosalind do at first when Orlando shows up for his lesson?
(a) Embraces him.
(b) Ignores him.
(d) Slaps him.
13. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
14. Who enters and has to have words with Touchstone in Act 5, Scene 1, after he speaks with Audrey?
15. To whom does Jaques want to parade with the dead animal?
(c) The duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
2. Why does Silvius say he will deliver the letter Phebe wrote for Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
3. What does Rosalind speak about to Orlando that upsets Celia at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
4. What does Rosalind suggest that Orlando start with, instead of a kiss, in his quest for Rosalind's love?
5. Who does Corin say is trying to pursue a woman when he arrives on the scene?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)