|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is everyone waiting for in the forest at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
2. Whom does Rosalind liken Orlando's hair to while badmouthing him to Celia?
(a) Judas Isaiah.
(b) Judas Iscariot.
(c) Judas Peter Paul.
(d) Judas Priest.
3. Why is Phebe mad at Ganymede?
(a) Ganymede loves someone else.
(b) Ganymede is forcing her to marry Silvius.
(c) Ganymede read her letter aloud.
(d) Ganymede yelled at her.
4. How does Touchstone feel about his pending wedding?
5. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
(a) They do not play their instruments well.
(b) They cannot dance.
(c) They are not in tune.
(d) They do not know the words.
6. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
(a) Talks in riddles.
(b) Uses poetic language.
(c) Uses hand signals.
(d) Dances around.
7. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
(a) A prostitute and thorny rose.
(b) A princess and a shiny jewel.
(c) A little girl and an old teddy bear.
(d) A peasant and dull cloth.
8. For what event is Rosalind waiting for Orlando to meet her at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Their wedding ceremony.
(b) Touchstone and Audrey's wedding.
(c) A singing lesson.
(d) A lesson in love.
9. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
(a) He has always been loyal to the court.
(b) He writes her many poems.
(c) Rosalind has heard how he feels with her own ears.
(d) He has been helping Rosalind's father.
10. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
11. What does Oliver call Rosalind/Ganymede when she arrives on the scene?
(a) Fair sister.
(b) Good sir.
(d) My brother.
12. Who enters and has to have words with Touchstone in Act 5, Scene 1, after he speaks with Audrey?
13. Who is secretly watching the conversation Touchstone is having at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
14. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
(a) Corin and Touchstone.
(b) Duke Senior's men.
(c) Duke Frederick's men.
(d) Ganymede and Aliena.
15. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
(a) The court.
(b) The nearby village.
(c) Duke Senior's cave.
(d) The cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Touchstone decide after his conversation with Jaques at the end of Act 3, Scene 3?
2. To what literary figure does Rosalind compare Oliver after he confesses his love for Aliena?
3. About whom are Rosalind and Celia talking at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3, when Silvius arrives?
4. What is Jaques doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)