|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the animal does Jaques suggest they should put on?
(a) The horns.
(b) The hoofs.
(c) The tail.
(d) The hide.
2. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
(a) His wounds.
(b) His heart.
(c) The ring.
(d) The court.
3. Who is secretly watching the conversation Touchstone is having at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
4. What does Oliver insist on when he is confessing his love for Aliena to Orlando?
(a) That they get married.
(b) That Orlando not tell anyone.
(c) That Orlando help him woo her.
(d) That it is true love.
5. What does Touchstone say about the country life in his discussion with Corin?
(a) It is sinful.
(b) It is peaceful.
(c) It is relaxing.
(d) It is boring.
6. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
(a) His depressed attitude.
(b) Volunteering to walk Audrey down the aisle.
(c) Mentioning the court.
(d) Eavesdropping on conversations.
7. What must Silvius do, according to Ganymede, in order for Phebe to marry him?
(a) Expose Ganymede as a woman.
(b) Giver her one reason why not to.
(c) Find her a gold wedding ring.
(d) Make her jealous in some way.
8. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
(a) They cannot dance.
(b) They do not play their instruments well.
(c) They do not know the words.
(d) They are not in tune.
9. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He does not show up.
(b) He leaves the forest.
(c) He falls for Celia.
(d) He badmouths Rosalind to Ganymede.
10. With which god do Rosalind and Celia reappear after Rosalind discards her disguise?
11. Why does Rosalind decide to intervene in the encounter taking place between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) She wants to educate them on love.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She wants to try her disguise on them.
(d) She finds it funny.
12. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A "missing you" letter.
(c) A hate letter.
(d) A letter of apology.
13. To whom does Jaques want to parade with the dead animal?
(d) The duke.
14. What does Rosalind suggest that Orlando start with, instead of a kiss, in his quest for Rosalind's love?
(a) A letter.
(c) A handshake.
(d) A hug.
15. Who does Corin say is trying to pursue a woman when he arrives on the scene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Audrey, the woman Touchstone is speaking with, at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What affliction does Rosalind, while disguised as Ganymede, tell Orlando can be cured?
3. What is Orlando attaching to trees in the Forest of Arden at the beginning of Act 3, Scene2?
4. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
5. What does Touchstone do during his conversation with the man who enters?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)