|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who converts Duke Frederick in the forest while he's on the way to kill his brother?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A hermit.
(d) A priest.
2. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
(a) The court.
(b) Duke Senior's cave.
(c) The cottage.
(d) The nearby village.
3. Who decides to remain in the forest and live in Duke Senior's cave at the end of Act 5, Scene 4?
(b) Orlando and Rosalind.
(c) Celia and Oliver.
4. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
5. What happens after Silvius declares his love for Phebe at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Phebe embraces him.
(b) He flees the forest.
(c) Phebe cries.
(d) He is rejected.
6. What does Oliver insist on when he is confessing his love for Aliena to Orlando?
(a) That it is true love.
(b) That Orlando help him woo her.
(c) That they get married.
(d) That Orlando not tell anyone.
7. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
(a) Uses poetic language.
(b) Talks in riddles.
(c) Dances around.
(d) Uses hand signals.
8. To what literary figure does Rosalind compare Oliver after he confesses his love for Aliena?
(c) John Smith.
9. What does Oliver call Rosalind/Ganymede when she arrives on the scene?
(a) Good sir.
(b) Fair sister.
(d) My brother.
10. When Oliver arrives, what does he give to Rosalind, claiming it belongs to Orlando?
(a) His prince crown.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) A bloody handkerchief.
(d) A goodbye letter.
11. What does Rosalind, disguised as Ganymede, call Phebe after she intervenes?
12. How does Touchstone feel about his pending wedding?
13. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He falls for Celia.
(b) He does not show up.
(c) He leaves the forest.
(d) He badmouths Rosalind to Ganymede.
14. Why is Phebe mad at Ganymede?
(a) Ganymede is forcing her to marry Silvius.
(b) Ganymede loves someone else.
(c) Ganymede read her letter aloud.
(d) Ganymede yelled at her.
15. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
(a) Rosalind has heard how he feels with her own ears.
(b) He has been helping Rosalind's father.
(c) He has always been loyal to the court.
(d) He writes her many poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Touchstone decide after his conversation with Jaques at the end of Act 3, Scene 3?
2. Whom is everyone waiting for in the forest at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
3. To whom does Jaques want to parade with the dead animal?
4. To what does Rosalind compare Orlando's love when he shows up for his lesson?
5. What is Jaques doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)