|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orlando carve into one of the trees in the Forest of Arden?
(a) Messages to Oliver.
(b) Descriptions of the forest.
(c) Rosalind's name.
(d) His family crest.
2. What is the subject matter of the song that Touchstone requests in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) City life being better than country life.
(b) Love in the spring.
(c) Everyone's stupidty.
(d) Falsehoods about marriage.
3. What does Oliver call Rosalind/Ganymede when she arrives on the scene?
(a) My brother.
(c) Fair sister.
(d) Good sir.
4. Whom does Rosalind say she does not want to talk about to Celia?
(a) Duke Senior.
5. What happens after Silvius declares his love for Phebe at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He is rejected.
(b) He flees the forest.
(c) Phebe cries.
(d) Phebe embraces him.
6. To what literary figure does Rosalind compare Oliver after he confesses his love for Aliena?
(b) John Smith.
7. Who admits to having wondered if Ganymede and Rosalind were brother and sister due to a resemblance?
(c) Duke Senior.
8. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
(a) Duke Senior's cave.
(b) The court.
(c) The cottage.
(d) The nearby village.
9. Which marriage does the duke give his blessing to?
(a) Phebe and Silvius'.
(b) Rosalind and Orlando's.
(c) Audrey and Touchstone's.
(d) Celia and Oliver's.
10. When is Touchstone projected to get married at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) A week.
(b) The evening.
(c) Two days.
11. Who decides to remain in the forest and live in Duke Senior's cave at the end of Act 5, Scene 4?
(b) Orlando and Rosalind.
(d) Celia and Oliver.
12. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
13. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
(a) They are not in tune.
(b) They do not play their instruments well.
(c) They cannot dance.
(d) They do not know the words.
14. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
(a) A hate letter.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A "missing you" letter.
(d) A letter of apology.
15. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
2. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
3. To what does Rosalind compare Orlando's love when he shows up for his lesson?
4. Why does Silvius say he will deliver the letter Phebe wrote for Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
5. What does Rosalind think about Oliver at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)