|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
(a) The nearby village.
(b) The cottage.
(c) Duke Senior's cave.
(d) The court.
2. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) Phebe leaves the forest.
(b) Phebe falls for Ganymede.
(c) Phebe cries and repents.
(d) Phebe apologizes to Silvius.
3. What happens after Silvius declares his love for Phebe at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He flees the forest.
(b) He is rejected.
(c) Phebe embraces him.
(d) Phebe cries.
4. What does Rosalind do at first when Orlando shows up for his lesson?
(a) Embraces him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Ignores him.
5. To whom does Jaques want to parade with the dead animal?
(a) The duke.
6. What does Vicar Martext tell Touchstone and Audrey they need in order to make their marriage legal?
(a) Wedding bands.
(b) A group of witnesses.
(c) Someone to give away the bride.
7. Who decides to remain in the forest and live in Duke Senior's cave at the end of Act 5, Scene 4?
(a) Orlando and Rosalind.
(d) Celia and Oliver.
8. Whom does Touchstone ask to sing a song in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A milk maiden.
(c) A logger.
(d) A page.
9. Who admits to having wondered if Ganymede and Rosalind were brother and sister due to a resemblance?
(a) Duke Senior.
10. For what event is Rosalind waiting for Orlando to meet her at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A lesson in love.
(b) Touchstone and Audrey's wedding.
(c) A singing lesson.
(d) Their wedding ceremony.
11. What is Orlando attaching to trees in the Forest of Arden at the beginning of Act 3, Scene2?
(a) Warning tape.
(b) Forest laws.
(c) Written verses.
(d) Distress signals.
12. Who enters and has to have words with Touchstone in Act 5, Scene 1, after he speaks with Audrey?
13. Whom is everyone waiting for in the forest at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
14. Why does Rosalind decide to intervene in the encounter taking place between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She finds it funny.
(c) She wants to educate them on love.
(d) She wants to try her disguise on them.
15. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
(a) A princess and a shiny jewel.
(b) A little girl and an old teddy bear.
(c) A peasant and dull cloth.
(d) A prostitute and thorny rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
2. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
3. Who converts Duke Frederick in the forest while he's on the way to kill his brother?
4. To what does Rosalind compare Orlando's love when he shows up for his lesson?
5. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)