|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He does not show up.
(b) He leaves the forest.
(c) He falls for Celia.
(d) He badmouths Rosalind to Ganymede.
2. What does Rosalind think about Oliver at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That he is a good person.
(b) That he is kinder than Orlando.
(c) That he is the opposite of Orlando.
(d) That he tried to kill Orlando.
3. For what event is Rosalind waiting for Orlando to meet her at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A singing lesson.
(b) Their wedding ceremony.
(c) A lesson in love.
(d) Touchstone and Audrey's wedding.
4. What part of the animal does Jaques suggest they should put on?
(a) The hide.
(b) The tail.
(c) The horns.
(d) The hoofs.
5. What does Oliver insist on when he is confessing his love for Aliena to Orlando?
(a) That Orlando help him woo her.
(b) That it is true love.
(c) That Orlando not tell anyone.
(d) That they get married.
6. Why is Audrey upset at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Touchstone does not love her.
(b) Touchstone yelled at her.
(c) She realizes that Touchstone is insincere.
(d) Her wedding is postponed.
7. Why does Silvius say he will deliver the letter Phebe wrote for Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) To get back at Phebe.
(b) To read what Phebe wrote.
(c) To sabotage Ganymede.
(d) To win Phebe over.
8. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
(a) A sorceress.
(b) A magician.
(c) A witch.
(d) An illusionist.
9. What does Orlando carve into one of the trees in the Forest of Arden?
(a) His family crest.
(b) Messages to Oliver.
(c) Descriptions of the forest.
(d) Rosalind's name.
10. Which marriage does the duke give his blessing to?
(a) Audrey and Touchstone's.
(b) Rosalind and Orlando's.
(c) Celia and Oliver's.
(d) Phebe and Silvius'.
11. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
(a) A little girl and an old teddy bear.
(b) A peasant and dull cloth.
(c) A prostitute and thorny rose.
(d) A princess and a shiny jewel.
12. Who enters and has to have words with Touchstone in Act 5, Scene 1, after he speaks with Audrey?
13. How does Touchstone feel about his pending wedding?
14. What must Silvius do, according to Ganymede, in order for Phebe to marry him?
(a) Giver her one reason why not to.
(b) Find her a gold wedding ring.
(c) Expose Ganymede as a woman.
(d) Make her jealous in some way.
15. What happens after Silvius declares his love for Phebe at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He is rejected.
(b) Phebe cries.
(c) Phebe embraces him.
(d) He flees the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is everyone waiting for in the forest at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
2. Who is Audrey, the woman Touchstone is speaking with, at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What does Rosalind suggest that Orlando start with, instead of a kiss, in his quest for Rosalind's love?
4. Whom does Rosalind liken Orlando's hair to while badmouthing him to Celia?
5. Who calls Orlando a fool for marring the trees in the forest with his verses?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)