|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
2. Who calls Orlando a fool for marring the trees in the forest with his verses?
(b) Duke Senior.
3. What happens after Silvius declares his love for Phebe at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) He is rejected.
(b) Phebe embraces him.
(c) He flees the forest.
(d) Phebe cries.
4. What does Touchstone ask Audrey about at the beginning of Act 5, Scene1?
(a) Who is pursuing her.
(b) If she truly loves him.
(c) When the wedding should be.
(d) If she loves anyone else.
5. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
(a) A peasant and dull cloth.
(b) A prostitute and thorny rose.
(c) A princess and a shiny jewel.
(d) A little girl and an old teddy bear.
6. What part of the animal does Jaques suggest they should put on?
(a) The horns.
(b) The hoofs.
(c) The tail.
(d) The hide.
7. Why does Silvius say he will deliver the letter Phebe wrote for Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) To sabotage Ganymede.
(b) To win Phebe over.
(c) To read what Phebe wrote.
(d) To get back at Phebe.
8. When is Touchstone projected to get married at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) The evening.
(b) Two days.
(d) A week.
9. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
(a) Rosalind has heard how he feels with her own ears.
(b) He has always been loyal to the court.
(c) He writes her many poems.
(d) He has been helping Rosalind's father.
10. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius after reading the letter from Phebe?
(a) He loves an unlovable woman.
(b) He has plenty of money.
(c) He will find a nicer woman.
(d) He is really a bad man.
11. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
(a) A fool.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A beggar.
12. When Oliver arrives, what does he give to Rosalind, claiming it belongs to Orlando?
(a) A goodbye letter.
(b) A bloody handkerchief.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) His prince crown.
13. What does Oliver insist on when he is confessing his love for Aliena to Orlando?
(a) That they get married.
(b) That it is true love.
(c) That Orlando not tell anyone.
(d) That Orlando help him woo her.
14. What affliction does Rosalind, while disguised as Ganymede, tell Orlando can be cured?
(b) Love sickness.
15. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
(a) The nearby village.
(b) The cottage.
(c) Duke Senior's cave.
(d) The court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
2. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
3. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
4. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
5. What must Silvius do, according to Ganymede, in order for Phebe to marry him?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)