|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the song that Touchstone requests in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) City life being better than country life.
(b) Everyone's stupidty.
(c) Love in the spring.
(d) Falsehoods about marriage.
2. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
(a) Corin and Touchstone.
(b) Ganymede and Aliena.
(c) Duke Frederick's men.
(d) Duke Senior's men.
3. What does Rosalind think about Oliver at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That he is a good person.
(b) That he is kinder than Orlando.
(c) That he tried to kill Orlando.
(d) That he is the opposite of Orlando.
4. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius after reading the letter from Phebe?
(a) He is really a bad man.
(b) He has plenty of money.
(c) He loves an unlovable woman.
(d) He will find a nicer woman.
5. Who calls Orlando a fool for marring the trees in the forest with his verses?
(c) Duke Senior.
6. To whom does Jaques want to parade with the dead animal?
(b) The duke.
7. What does Rosalind persuade Celia to pretend to be?
(a) A minister.
(b) A beggar.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A jester.
8. To what does Rosalind compare Orlando's love when he shows up for his lesson?
(a) A fly.
(b) A snail.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A worm.
9. When Oliver arrives, what does he give to Rosalind, claiming it belongs to Orlando?
(a) His prince crown.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) A bloody handkerchief.
(d) A goodbye letter.
10. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
(a) His depressed attitude.
(b) Eavesdropping on conversations.
(c) Mentioning the court.
(d) Volunteering to walk Audrey down the aisle.
11. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
(a) They are not in tune.
(b) They do not know the words.
(c) They cannot dance.
(d) They do not play their instruments well.
12. Why is Audrey upset at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Touchstone yelled at her.
(b) She realizes that Touchstone is insincere.
(c) Her wedding is postponed.
(d) Touchstone does not love her.
13. To what literary figure does Rosalind compare Oliver after he confesses his love for Aliena?
(c) John Smith.
14. What does Oliver call Rosalind/Ganymede when she arrives on the scene?
(b) Fair sister.
(c) Good sir.
(d) My brother.
15. What is Jaques doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
2. Whom does Rosalind say she does not want to talk about to Celia?
3. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
4. Why does Rosalind decide to intervene in the encounter taking place between Phebe and Silvius?
5. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)