|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Touchstone projected to get married at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) A week.
(b) The evening.
(c) Two days.
2. Whom does Rosalind say she does not want to talk about to Celia?
(b) Duke Senior.
3. For what event is Rosalind waiting for Orlando to meet her at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Touchstone and Audrey's wedding.
(b) A singing lesson.
(c) A lesson in love.
(d) Their wedding ceremony.
4. Whom is everyone waiting for in the forest at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
5. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
(a) He has been helping Rosalind's father.
(b) He writes her many poems.
(c) Rosalind has heard how he feels with her own ears.
(d) He has always been loyal to the court.
6. What is Jaques doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
7. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
8. What affliction does Rosalind, while disguised as Ganymede, tell Orlando can be cured?
(d) Love sickness.
9. To what does Rosalind compare Orlando's love when he shows up for his lesson?
(a) A worm.
(b) A fly.
(c) A snail.
(d) A beetle.
10. What is the subject matter of the song that Touchstone requests in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Falsehoods about marriage.
(b) City life being better than country life.
(c) Love in the spring.
(d) Everyone's stupidty.
11. Why does Rosalind decide to intervene in the encounter taking place between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) She wants to educate them on love.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She finds it funny.
(d) She wants to try her disguise on them.
12. What does Rosalind suggest that Orlando start with, instead of a kiss, in his quest for Rosalind's love?
(a) A handshake.
(b) A hug.
(c) A letter.
13. What does Oliver call Rosalind/Ganymede when she arrives on the scene?
(a) My brother.
(b) Good sir.
(c) Fair sister.
14. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
(a) A bull.
(b) A goat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A deer.
15. What does Orlando carve into one of the trees in the Forest of Arden?
(a) Rosalind's name.
(b) His family crest.
(c) Messages to Oliver.
(d) Descriptions of the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the animal does Jaques suggest they should put on?
2. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
3. Who admits to having wondered if Ganymede and Rosalind were brother and sister due to a resemblance?
4. What does Vicar Martext tell Touchstone and Audrey they need in order to make their marriage legal?
5. Who decides to remain in the forest and live in Duke Senior's cave at the end of Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)