|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Jaques want to parade with the dead animal?
(a) The duke.
2. Who converts Duke Frederick in the forest while he's on the way to kill his brother?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A priest.
(c) A hermit.
(d) A goddess.
3. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
(a) A little girl and an old teddy bear.
(b) A princess and a shiny jewel.
(c) A peasant and dull cloth.
(d) A prostitute and thorny rose.
4. What does Orlando carve into one of the trees in the Forest of Arden?
(a) Descriptions of the forest.
(b) Rosalind's name.
(c) His family crest.
(d) Messages to Oliver.
5. To what does Rosalind compare Orlando's love when he shows up for his lesson?
(a) A beetle.
(b) A snail.
(c) A fly.
(d) A worm.
6. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
(a) The court.
(b) Duke Senior's cave.
(c) The nearby village.
(d) The cottage.
7. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
(a) Volunteering to walk Audrey down the aisle.
(b) Eavesdropping on conversations.
(c) Mentioning the court.
(d) His depressed attitude.
8. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
9. Whom does Rosalind liken Orlando's hair to while badmouthing him to Celia?
(a) Judas Isaiah.
(b) Judas Peter Paul.
(c) Judas Priest.
(d) Judas Iscariot.
10. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
(a) Ganymede and Aliena.
(b) Duke Frederick's men.
(c) Corin and Touchstone.
(d) Duke Senior's men.
11. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
(a) A hate letter.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A letter of apology.
(d) A "missing you" letter.
12. What part of the animal does Jaques suggest they should put on?
(a) The tail.
(b) The hide.
(c) The horns.
(d) The hoofs.
13. Whom does Rosalind say she does not want to talk about to Celia?
(a) Duke Senior.
14. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) Phebe apologizes to Silvius.
(b) Phebe falls for Ganymede.
(c) Phebe leaves the forest.
(d) Phebe cries and repents.
15. What does Oliver call Rosalind/Ganymede when she arrives on the scene?
(b) Fair sister.
(c) My brother.
(d) Good sir.
Short Answer Questions
1. About whom are Rosalind and Celia talking at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3, when Silvius arrives?
2. Who is Audrey, the woman Touchstone is speaking with, at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
3. What do the men sing about as they parade at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
4. To what literary figure does Rosalind compare Oliver after he confesses his love for Aliena?
5. Whom is everyone waiting for in the forest at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)