|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what event is Rosalind waiting for Orlando to meet her at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Touchstone and Audrey's wedding.
(b) A singing lesson.
(c) Their wedding ceremony.
(d) A lesson in love.
2. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
(a) A deer.
(b) A goat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A bull.
3. What affliction does Rosalind, while disguised as Ganymede, tell Orlando can be cured?
(d) Love sickness.
4. What is Jaques doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
5. What is the subject matter of the song that Touchstone requests in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Everyone's stupidty.
(b) City life being better than country life.
(c) Love in the spring.
(d) Falsehoods about marriage.
6. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
(a) Talks in riddles.
(b) Uses hand signals.
(c) Uses poetic language.
(d) Dances around.
7. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
(b) A peasant.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A fool.
8. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
(a) The cottage.
(b) The nearby village.
(c) The court.
(d) Duke Senior's cave.
9. Who decides to remain in the forest and live in Duke Senior's cave at the end of Act 5, Scene 4?
(b) Celia and Oliver.
(d) Orlando and Rosalind.
10. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
(a) A witch.
(b) A sorceress.
(c) An illusionist.
(d) A magician.
11. What does Orlando carve into one of the trees in the Forest of Arden?
(a) Rosalind's name.
(b) Messages to Oliver.
(c) Descriptions of the forest.
(d) His family crest.
12. To what does Rosalind compare Orlando's love when he shows up for his lesson?
(a) A fly.
(b) A snail.
(c) A worm.
(d) A beetle.
13. What must Silvius do, according to Ganymede, in order for Phebe to marry him?
(a) Find her a gold wedding ring.
(b) Make her jealous in some way.
(c) Expose Ganymede as a woman.
(d) Giver her one reason why not to.
14. With which god do Rosalind and Celia reappear after Rosalind discards her disguise?
15. Who enters and has to have words with Touchstone in Act 5, Scene 1, after he speaks with Audrey?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosalind, disguised as Ganymede, call Phebe after she intervenes?
2. What do the men sing about as they parade at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
3. Whom does Rosalind liken Orlando's hair to while badmouthing him to Celia?
4. Why is Audrey upset at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
5. About whom are Rosalind and Celia talking at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3, when Silvius arrives?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)