|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom are Rosalind and Celia talking at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3, when Silvius arrives?
(c) Duke Senior.
2. Why does Rosalind decide to intervene in the encounter taking place between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) She wants to educate them on love.
(b) She finds it funny.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She wants to try her disguise on them.
3. What does Touchstone decide after his conversation with Jaques at the end of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) To postpone the wedding.
(b) To call off the wedding.
(c) To flee the forest.
(d) To get married in the city.
4. Who is Audrey, the woman Touchstone is speaking with, at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A princess.
(b) A shepherd girl.
(c) A servant girl.
(d) A pauper girl.
5. What does Touchstone do during his conversation with the man who enters?
(a) Threatens him.
(b) Embraces him.
(c) Shakes his hand.
(d) Kills him.
6. Who is secretly watching the conversation Touchstone is having at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
7. What part of the animal does Jaques suggest they should put on?
(a) The horns.
(b) The tail.
(c) The hide.
(d) The hoofs.
8. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
(a) The court.
(b) His wounds.
(c) His heart.
(d) The ring.
9. What is the subject matter of the song that Touchstone requests in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Love in the spring.
(b) Falsehoods about marriage.
(c) City life being better than country life.
(d) Everyone's stupidty.
10. Whom does Rosalind liken Orlando's hair to while badmouthing him to Celia?
(a) Judas Peter Paul.
(b) Judas Isaiah.
(c) Judas Iscariot.
(d) Judas Priest.
11. What is Jaques doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
12. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
(a) A deer.
(b) A goat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A bull.
13. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
(a) A princess and a shiny jewel.
(b) A little girl and an old teddy bear.
(c) A prostitute and thorny rose.
(d) A peasant and dull cloth.
14. What does Rosalind persuade Celia to pretend to be?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A minister.
(c) A jester.
(d) A peasant.
15. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
(a) They do not know the words.
(b) They cannot dance.
(c) They do not play their instruments well.
(d) They are not in tune.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
2. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
3. Why is Audrey upset at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
4. Whom is everyone waiting for in the forest at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
5. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)