|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosalind think about Oliver at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That he is the opposite of Orlando.
(b) That he is kinder than Orlando.
(c) That he is a good person.
(d) That he tried to kill Orlando.
2. Which marriage does the duke give his blessing to?
(a) Rosalind and Orlando's.
(b) Audrey and Touchstone's.
(c) Phebe and Silvius'.
(d) Celia and Oliver's.
3. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A "missing you" letter.
(c) A letter of apology.
(d) A hate letter.
4. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
(a) Volunteering to walk Audrey down the aisle.
(b) Mentioning the court.
(c) His depressed attitude.
(d) Eavesdropping on conversations.
5. What does Rosalind do at first when Orlando shows up for his lesson?
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Embraces him.
6. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
(a) His wounds.
(b) The ring.
(c) His heart.
(d) The court.
7. What does Touchstone ask Audrey about at the beginning of Act 5, Scene1?
(a) If she loves anyone else.
(b) When the wedding should be.
(c) If she truly loves him.
(d) Who is pursuing her.
8. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
(a) A cow.
(b) A goat.
(c) A deer.
(d) A bull.
9. What is the subject matter of the song that Touchstone requests in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Everyone's stupidty.
(b) Love in the spring.
(c) Falsehoods about marriage.
(d) City life being better than country life.
10. To whom does Jaques want to parade with the dead animal?
(c) The duke.
11. What does Touchstone decide after his conversation with Jaques at the end of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) To postpone the wedding.
(b) To get married in the city.
(c) To call off the wedding.
(d) To flee the forest.
12. What is Jaques doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
13. Who calls Orlando a fool for marring the trees in the forest with his verses?
(c) Duke Senior.
14. Who converts Duke Frederick in the forest while he's on the way to kill his brother?
(a) A hermit.
(b) A goddess.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A priest.
15. What is Orlando attaching to trees in the Forest of Arden at the beginning of Act 3, Scene2?
(a) Forest laws.
(b) Written verses.
(c) Warning tape.
(d) Distress signals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction does Rosalind, while disguised as Ganymede, tell Orlando can be cured?
2. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
3. To what literary figure does Rosalind compare Oliver after he confesses his love for Aliena?
4. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
5. What does Orlando carve into one of the trees in the Forest of Arden?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)