|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
(a) They do not know the words.
(b) They do not play their instruments well.
(c) They cannot dance.
(d) They are not in tune.
2. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
(a) Corin and Touchstone.
(b) Duke Senior's men.
(c) Duke Frederick's men.
(d) Ganymede and Aliena.
3. What does Oliver call Rosalind/Ganymede when she arrives on the scene?
(a) My brother.
(c) Fair sister.
(d) Good sir.
4. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
(a) A letter of apology.
(b) A hate letter.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A "missing you" letter.
5. What does Touchstone do during his conversation with the man who enters?
(a) Threatens him.
(b) Shakes his hand.
(c) Kills him.
(d) Embraces him.
6. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
(a) A witch.
(b) A sorceress.
(c) An illusionist.
(d) A magician.
7. For what event is Rosalind waiting for Orlando to meet her at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) A singing lesson.
(b) Touchstone and Audrey's wedding.
(c) Their wedding ceremony.
(d) A lesson in love.
8. What does Rosalind think about Oliver at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That he is kinder than Orlando.
(b) That he is the opposite of Orlando.
(c) That he is a good person.
(d) That he tried to kill Orlando.
9. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
(a) Dances around.
(b) Uses hand signals.
(c) Uses poetic language.
(d) Talks in riddles.
10. What does Touchstone say about the country life in his discussion with Corin?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is peaceful.
(c) It is sinful.
(d) It is relaxing.
11. Who is Audrey, the woman Touchstone is speaking with, at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A princess.
(b) A servant girl.
(c) A pauper girl.
(d) A shepherd girl.
12. Who converts Duke Frederick in the forest while he's on the way to kill his brother?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A hermit.
(d) A priest.
13. When is Touchstone projected to get married at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
(b) The evening.
(c) Two days.
(d) A week.
14. How does Touchstone feel about his pending wedding?
15. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
(a) Mentioning the court.
(b) Volunteering to walk Audrey down the aisle.
(c) Eavesdropping on conversations.
(d) His depressed attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
2. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
3. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
4. Why does Rosalind decide to intervene in the encounter taking place between Phebe and Silvius?
5. What is Orlando attaching to trees in the Forest of Arden at the beginning of Act 3, Scene2?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)