|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosalind speak about to Orlando that upsets Celia at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
2. What does Touchstone do during his conversation with the man who enters?
(a) Shakes his hand.
(b) Threatens him.
(c) Embraces him.
(d) Kills him.
3. About whom are Rosalind and Celia talking at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3, when Silvius arrives?
(d) Duke Senior.
4. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
(a) They do not play their instruments well.
(b) They are not in tune.
(c) They do not know the words.
(d) They cannot dance.
5. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
(a) His heart.
(b) The ring.
(c) His wounds.
(d) The court.
6. When Oliver arrives, what does he give to Rosalind, claiming it belongs to Orlando?
(a) A goodbye letter.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) His prince crown.
(d) A bloody handkerchief.
7. What does Touchstone say about the country life in his discussion with Corin?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is relaxing.
(c) It is peaceful.
(d) It is sinful.
8. Whom does Rosalind say she does not want to talk about to Celia?
(d) Duke Senior.
9. What does Vicar Martext tell Touchstone and Audrey they need in order to make their marriage legal?
(a) Someone to give away the bride.
(b) A group of witnesses.
(d) Wedding bands.
10. What does Rosalind suggest that Orlando start with, instead of a kiss, in his quest for Rosalind's love?
(b) A handshake.
(c) A hug.
(d) A letter.
11. What does Touchstone decide after his conversation with Jaques at the end of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) To call off the wedding.
(b) To postpone the wedding.
(c) To get married in the city.
(d) To flee the forest.
12. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius after reading the letter from Phebe?
(a) He has plenty of money.
(b) He is really a bad man.
(c) He loves an unlovable woman.
(d) He will find a nicer woman.
13. What do the men sing about as they parade at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) The beauty of country life.
(b) The circle of life.
(c) How much they miss court life.
(d) A man and his unfaithful wife.
14. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
(a) Dances around.
(b) Talks in riddles.
(c) Uses poetic language.
(d) Uses hand signals.
15. When is Touchstone projected to get married at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Two days.
(c) The evening.
(d) A week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Audrey upset at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
2. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
3. Who converts Duke Frederick in the forest while he's on the way to kill his brother?
4. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
5. To whom does Jaques want to parade with the dead animal?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)