|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosalind think about Oliver at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That he is kinder than Orlando.
(b) That he tried to kill Orlando.
(c) That he is the opposite of Orlando.
(d) That he is a good person.
2. Which marriage does the duke give his blessing to?
(a) Audrey and Touchstone's.
(b) Celia and Oliver's.
(c) Phebe and Silvius'.
(d) Rosalind and Orlando's.
3. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius after reading the letter from Phebe?
(a) He is really a bad man.
(b) He will find a nicer woman.
(c) He loves an unlovable woman.
(d) He has plenty of money.
4. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
(a) A sorceress.
(b) An illusionist.
(c) A witch.
(d) A magician.
5. What does Rosalind do at first when Orlando shows up for his lesson?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Embraces him.
6. What does Rosalind suggest that Orlando start with, instead of a kiss, in his quest for Rosalind's love?
(a) A handshake.
(c) A letter.
(d) A hug.
7. What does Oliver call Rosalind/Ganymede when she arrives on the scene?
(a) My brother.
(b) Fair sister.
(c) Good sir.
8. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
(a) A cow.
(b) A deer.
(c) A goat.
(d) A bull.
9. What does Touchstone ask Audrey about at the beginning of Act 5, Scene1?
(a) When the wedding should be.
(b) If she truly loves him.
(c) If she loves anyone else.
(d) Who is pursuing her.
10. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
(a) A beggar.
(c) A fool.
(d) A peasant.
11. When Oliver arrives, what does he give to Rosalind, claiming it belongs to Orlando?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) His prince crown.
(c) A goodbye letter.
(d) A bloody handkerchief.
12. What part of the animal does Jaques suggest they should put on?
(a) The hoofs.
(b) The horns.
(c) The hide.
(d) The tail.
13. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
(a) Duke Frederick's men.
(b) Corin and Touchstone.
(c) Duke Senior's men.
(d) Ganymede and Aliena.
14. Who enters and has to have words with Touchstone in Act 5, Scene 1, after he speaks with Audrey?
15. What does Oliver insist on when he is confessing his love for Aliena to Orlando?
(a) That Orlando not tell anyone.
(b) That they get married.
(c) That it is true love.
(d) That Orlando help him woo her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Silvius say he will deliver the letter Phebe wrote for Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
2. Why is Phebe mad at Ganymede?
3. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
4. Whom does Touchstone ask to sing a song in Act 5, Scene 3?
5. How does Touchstone feel about his pending wedding?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)