|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters and has to have words with Touchstone in Act 5, Scene 1, after he speaks with Audrey?
2. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
(a) Corin and Touchstone.
(b) Ganymede and Aliena.
(c) Duke Senior's men.
(d) Duke Frederick's men.
3. Who converts Duke Frederick in the forest while he's on the way to kill his brother?
(a) A hermit.
(b) A priest.
(c) A goddess.
(d) A doctor.
4. What happens after Silvius declares his love for Phebe at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) Phebe embraces him.
(b) Phebe cries.
(c) He is rejected.
(d) He flees the forest.
5. What does Vicar Martext tell Touchstone and Audrey they need in order to make their marriage legal?
(a) Wedding bands.
(b) Someone to give away the bride.
(c) A group of witnesses.
6. What does Rosalind suggest that Orlando start with, instead of a kiss, in his quest for Rosalind's love?
(b) A letter.
(c) A hug.
(d) A handshake.
7. Whom does Rosalind liken Orlando's hair to while badmouthing him to Celia?
(a) Judas Isaiah.
(b) Judas Priest.
(c) Judas Iscariot.
(d) Judas Peter Paul.
8. Who calls Orlando a fool for marring the trees in the forest with his verses?
(d) Duke Senior.
9. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
10. What does Rosalind think about Oliver at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That he is a good person.
(b) That he tried to kill Orlando.
(c) That he is kinder than Orlando.
(d) That he is the opposite of Orlando.
11. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) Phebe cries and repents.
(b) Phebe apologizes to Silvius.
(c) Phebe leaves the forest.
(d) Phebe falls for Ganymede.
12. Whom is everyone waiting for in the forest at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
13. When is Touchstone projected to get married at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Two days.
(c) The evening.
(d) A week.
14. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
(a) A peasant and dull cloth.
(b) A prostitute and thorny rose.
(c) A little girl and an old teddy bear.
(d) A princess and a shiny jewel.
15. Who admits to having wondered if Ganymede and Rosalind were brother and sister due to a resemblance?
(d) Duke Senior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to remain in the forest and live in Duke Senior's cave at the end of Act 5, Scene 4?
2. What does Rosalind do at first when Orlando shows up for his lesson?
3. What must Silvius do, according to Ganymede, in order for Phebe to marry him?
4. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
5. What does Touchstone say about the country life in his discussion with Corin?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)