|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom are Rosalind and Celia talking at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3, when Silvius arrives?
(a) Duke Senior.
2. To whom does Jaques want to parade with the dead animal?
(c) The duke.
3. What does Touchstone call his wedding ceremony to Audrey?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A sham.
(c) A benefit.
(d) A dream.
4. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
(a) A princess and a shiny jewel.
(b) A prostitute and thorny rose.
(c) A peasant and dull cloth.
(d) A little girl and an old teddy bear.
5. Whom does Rosalind say she does not want to talk about to Celia?
(a) Duke Senior.
6. What does Touchstone say about the country life in his discussion with Corin?
(a) It is peaceful.
(b) It is relaxing.
(c) It is sinful.
(d) It is boring.
7. Why does Silvius say he will deliver the letter Phebe wrote for Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) To sabotage Ganymede.
(b) To read what Phebe wrote.
(c) To win Phebe over.
(d) To get back at Phebe.
8. What does Touchstone decide after his conversation with Jaques at the end of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) To call off the wedding.
(b) To get married in the city.
(c) To postpone the wedding.
(d) To flee the forest.
9. What does Orlando carve into one of the trees in the Forest of Arden?
(a) Messages to Oliver.
(b) His family crest.
(c) Rosalind's name.
(d) Descriptions of the forest.
10. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
(a) A cow.
(b) A goat.
(c) A bull.
(d) A deer.
11. How does Touchstone feel about his pending wedding?
12. Why is Audrey upset at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) She realizes that Touchstone is insincere.
(b) Touchstone does not love her.
(c) Her wedding is postponed.
(d) Touchstone yelled at her.
13. What does Rosalind, disguised as Ganymede, call Phebe after she intervenes?
14. Which marriage does the duke give his blessing to?
(a) Rosalind and Orlando's.
(b) Phebe and Silvius'.
(c) Audrey and Touchstone's.
(d) Celia and Oliver's.
15. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
(a) A letter of apology.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A "missing you" letter.
(d) A hate letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
2. What does Rosalind do at first when Orlando shows up for his lesson?
3. Why is Phebe mad at Ganymede?
4. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
5. What affliction does Rosalind, while disguised as Ganymede, tell Orlando can be cured?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)