|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides to remain in the forest and live in Duke Senior's cave at the end of Act 5, Scene 4?
(b) Orlando and Rosalind.
(d) Celia and Oliver.
2. What does Oliver call Rosalind/Ganymede when she arrives on the scene?
(a) Good sir.
(b) Fair sister.
(c) My brother.
3. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
(b) A fool.
(c) A peasant.
(d) A beggar.
4. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
(a) A goat.
(b) A deer.
(c) A bull.
(d) A cow.
5. What must Silvius do, according to Ganymede, in order for Phebe to marry him?
(a) Expose Ganymede as a woman.
(b) Find her a gold wedding ring.
(c) Make her jealous in some way.
(d) Giver her one reason why not to.
6. With which god do Rosalind and Celia reappear after Rosalind discards her disguise?
7. What does Rosalind, disguised as Ganymede, call Phebe after she intervenes?
8. Who does Corin say is trying to pursue a woman when he arrives on the scene?
9. When Oliver arrives, what does he give to Rosalind, claiming it belongs to Orlando?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A goodbye letter.
(c) His prince crown.
(d) A bloody handkerchief.
10. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
(a) Uses hand signals.
(b) Dances around.
(c) Uses poetic language.
(d) Talks in riddles.
11. Whom does Rosalind liken Orlando's hair to while badmouthing him to Celia?
(a) Judas Iscariot.
(b) Judas Priest.
(c) Judas Peter Paul.
(d) Judas Isaiah.
12. What does Oliver insist on when he is confessing his love for Aliena to Orlando?
(a) That they get married.
(b) That it is true love.
(c) That Orlando help him woo her.
(d) That Orlando not tell anyone.
13. What affliction does Rosalind, while disguised as Ganymede, tell Orlando can be cured?
(a) Love sickness.
14. For what event is Rosalind waiting for Orlando to meet her at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Touchstone and Audrey's wedding.
(b) Their wedding ceremony.
(c) A lesson in love.
(d) A singing lesson.
15. Why does Silvius say he will deliver the letter Phebe wrote for Ganymede at the end of Act 3, Scene 5?
(a) To get back at Phebe.
(b) To read what Phebe wrote.
(c) To win Phebe over.
(d) To sabotage Ganymede.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Phebe mad at Ganymede?
2. What is the subject matter of the song that Touchstone requests in Act 5, Scene 3?
3. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
4. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
5. About whom are Rosalind and Celia talking at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3, when Silvius arrives?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)