|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
(a) He has been helping Rosalind's father.
(b) He writes her many poems.
(c) Rosalind has heard how he feels with her own ears.
(d) He has always been loyal to the court.
2. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
(a) His depressed attitude.
(b) Eavesdropping on conversations.
(c) Mentioning the court.
(d) Volunteering to walk Audrey down the aisle.
3. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
(a) The court.
(b) The ring.
(c) His wounds.
(d) His heart.
4. What does Orlando carve into one of the trees in the Forest of Arden?
(a) Messages to Oliver.
(b) Rosalind's name.
(c) His family crest.
(d) Descriptions of the forest.
5. What is Jaques doing at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 2?
6. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
(a) A deer.
(b) A cow.
(c) A goat.
(d) A bull.
7. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) Phebe apologizes to Silvius.
(b) Phebe falls for Ganymede.
(c) Phebe leaves the forest.
(d) Phebe cries and repents.
8. Why is Phebe mad at Ganymede?
(a) Ganymede loves someone else.
(b) Ganymede yelled at her.
(c) Ganymede is forcing her to marry Silvius.
(d) Ganymede read her letter aloud.
9. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
(a) Duke Senior's cave.
(b) The cottage.
(c) The court.
(d) The nearby village.
10. What does Rosalind, disguised as Ganymede, call Phebe after she intervenes?
11. What is Orlando attaching to trees in the Forest of Arden at the beginning of Act 3, Scene2?
(a) Distress signals.
(b) Written verses.
(c) Forest laws.
(d) Warning tape.
12. Which marriage does the duke give his blessing to?
(a) Audrey and Touchstone's.
(b) Rosalind and Orlando's.
(c) Celia and Oliver's.
(d) Phebe and Silvius'.
13. Who calls Orlando a fool for marring the trees in the forest with his verses?
(c) Duke Senior.
14. What does Rosalind persuade Celia to pretend to be?
(a) A jester.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A minister.
(d) A beggar.
15. Who converts Duke Frederick in the forest while he's on the way to kill his brother?
(a) A hermit.
(b) A priest.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A goddess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
2. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
3. What must Silvius do, according to Ganymede, in order for Phebe to marry him?
4. Who decides to remain in the forest and live in Duke Senior's cave at the end of Act 5, Scene 4?
5. When is Touchstone projected to get married at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 3?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)