|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
(b) A fool.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A peasant.
2. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
(a) Volunteering to walk Audrey down the aisle.
(b) Mentioning the court.
(c) His depressed attitude.
(d) Eavesdropping on conversations.
3. About whom are Rosalind and Celia talking at the beginning of Act 4, Scene 3, when Silvius arrives?
(a) Duke Senior.
4. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
(a) A cow.
(b) A deer.
(c) A goat.
(d) A bull.
5. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
(a) Uses poetic language.
(b) Uses hand signals.
(c) Talks in riddles.
(d) Dances around.
6. What does Orlando carve into one of the trees in the Forest of Arden?
(a) Descriptions of the forest.
(b) Rosalind's name.
(c) Messages to Oliver.
(d) His family crest.
7. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
(a) Duke Senior's men.
(b) Corin and Touchstone.
(c) Duke Frederick's men.
(d) Ganymede and Aliena.
8. What part of the animal does Jaques suggest they should put on?
(a) The tail.
(b) The hide.
(c) The horns.
(d) The hoofs.
9. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
10. What does Rosalind persuade Celia to pretend to be?
(a) A minister.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A jester.
(d) A beggar.
11. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
(a) A little girl and an old teddy bear.
(b) A peasant and dull cloth.
(c) A princess and a shiny jewel.
(d) A prostitute and thorny rose.
12. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
(a) A magician.
(b) A witch.
(c) A sorceress.
(d) An illusionist.
13. What does Rosalind suggest that Orlando start with, instead of a kiss, in his quest for Rosalind's love?
(a) A letter.
(c) A handshake.
(d) A hug.
14. Who enters and has to have words with Touchstone in Act 5, Scene 1, after he speaks with Audrey?
15. What does Oliver insist on when he is confessing his love for Aliena to Orlando?
(a) That Orlando help him woo her.
(b) That it is true love.
(c) That they get married.
(d) That Orlando not tell anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to remain in the forest and live in Duke Senior's cave at the end of Act 5, Scene 4?
2. Whom does Rosalind say she does not want to talk about to Celia?
3. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
4. Who converts Duke Frederick in the forest while he's on the way to kill his brother?
5. To what does Rosalind compare Orlando's love when he shows up for his lesson?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)