|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver insist on when he is confessing his love for Aliena to Orlando?
(a) That Orlando help him woo her.
(b) That Orlando not tell anyone.
(c) That they get married.
(d) That it is true love.
2. Why is Audrey upset at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) She realizes that Touchstone is insincere.
(b) Her wedding is postponed.
(c) Touchstone yelled at her.
(d) Touchstone does not love her.
3. Whom does Touchstone ask to sing a song in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) A page.
(b) A logger.
(c) A milk maiden.
(d) A shepherd.
4. What is Orlando attaching to trees in the Forest of Arden at the beginning of Act 3, Scene2?
(a) Warning tape.
(b) Distress signals.
(c) Written verses.
(d) Forest laws.
5. What is the subject matter of the song that Touchstone requests in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) City life being better than country life.
(b) Love in the spring.
(c) Falsehoods about marriage.
(d) Everyone's stupidty.
6. For what event is Rosalind waiting for Orlando to meet her at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) Their wedding ceremony.
(b) A lesson in love.
(c) A singing lesson.
(d) Touchstone and Audrey's wedding.
7. Why is Phebe mad at Ganymede?
(a) Ganymede loves someone else.
(b) Ganymede yelled at her.
(c) Ganymede is forcing her to marry Silvius.
(d) Ganymede read her letter aloud.
8. What does Rosalind do at first when Orlando shows up for his lesson?
(a) Embraces him.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Slaps him.
9. What do the men sing about as they parade at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) The beauty of country life.
(b) A man and his unfaithful wife.
(c) How much they miss court life.
(d) The circle of life.
10. What does Touchstone say about the country life in his discussion with Corin?
(a) It is peaceful.
(b) It is sinful.
(c) It is boring.
(d) It is relaxing.
11. What must Silvius do, according to Ganymede, in order for Phebe to marry him?
(a) Expose Ganymede as a woman.
(b) Giver her one reason why not to.
(c) Find her a gold wedding ring.
(d) Make her jealous in some way.
12. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He badmouths Rosalind to Ganymede.
(b) He leaves the forest.
(c) He falls for Celia.
(d) He does not show up.
13. Who admits to having wondered if Ganymede and Rosalind were brother and sister due to a resemblance?
(d) Duke Senior.
14. When Oliver arrives, what does he give to Rosalind, claiming it belongs to Orlando?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A bloody handkerchief.
(c) His prince crown.
(d) A goodbye letter.
15. Which marriage does the duke give his blessing to?
(a) Celia and Oliver's.
(b) Phebe and Silvius'.
(c) Rosalind and Orlando's.
(d) Audrey and Touchstone's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius after reading the letter from Phebe?
2. What kind of animal does Jaques kill in the forest?
3. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
4. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
5. Who decides to remain in the forest and live in Duke Senior's cave at the end of Act 5, Scene 4?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)