|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
(b) A peasant.
(c) A beggar.
(d) A fool.
2. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
(a) A hate letter.
(b) A "missing you" letter.
(c) A letter of apology.
(d) A love letter.
3. Whom does Rosalind say she does not want to talk about to Celia?
(b) Duke Senior.
4. Why is Audrey upset at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Touchstone yelled at her.
(b) Touchstone does not love her.
(c) She realizes that Touchstone is insincere.
(d) Her wedding is postponed.
5. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
(a) A magician.
(b) A witch.
(c) An illusionist.
(d) A sorceress.
6. What does Vicar Martext tell Touchstone and Audrey they need in order to make their marriage legal?
(a) Wedding bands.
(c) Someone to give away the bride.
(d) A group of witnesses.
7. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) Phebe cries and repents.
(b) Phebe leaves the forest.
(c) Phebe falls for Ganymede.
(d) Phebe apologizes to Silvius.
8. Who does Corin say is trying to pursue a woman when he arrives on the scene?
9. What does Touchstone ask Audrey about at the beginning of Act 5, Scene1?
(a) If she truly loves him.
(b) When the wedding should be.
(c) Who is pursuing her.
(d) If she loves anyone else.
10. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
(a) His heart.
(b) The court.
(c) The ring.
(d) His wounds.
11. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
(a) Dances around.
(b) Uses hand signals.
(c) Talks in riddles.
(d) Uses poetic language.
12. Whom is everyone waiting for in the forest at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
13. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He falls for Celia.
(b) He badmouths Rosalind to Ganymede.
(c) He leaves the forest.
(d) He does not show up.
14. What is Orlando attaching to trees in the Forest of Arden at the beginning of Act 3, Scene2?
(a) Distress signals.
(b) Warning tape.
(c) Written verses.
(d) Forest laws.
15. Who converts Duke Frederick in the forest while he's on the way to kill his brother?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A hermit.
(c) A priest.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
2. What does Rosalind, disguised as Ganymede, call Phebe after she intervenes?
3. Who decides to remain in the forest and live in Duke Senior's cave at the end of Act 5, Scene 4?
4. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
5. What does Touchstone say about the country life in his discussion with Corin?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)