|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
2. What does Oliver insist on when he is confessing his love for Aliena to Orlando?
(a) That they get married.
(b) That Orlando not tell anyone.
(c) That Orlando help him woo her.
(d) That it is true love.
3. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
(a) He writes her many poems.
(b) Rosalind has heard how he feels with her own ears.
(c) He has been helping Rosalind's father.
(d) He has always been loyal to the court.
4. What does Touchstone criticize about the people who are singing?
(a) They are not in tune.
(b) They do not know the words.
(c) They do not play their instruments well.
(d) They cannot dance.
5. Who enters and has to have words with Touchstone in Act 5, Scene 1, after he speaks with Audrey?
6. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
(a) Eavesdropping on conversations.
(b) Mentioning the court.
(c) Volunteering to walk Audrey down the aisle.
(d) His depressed attitude.
7. Why does Rosalind decide to intervene in the encounter taking place between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) She wants to educate them on love.
(b) She finds it funny.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She wants to try her disguise on them.
8. Whom is everyone waiting for in the forest at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 4?
9. What does Vicar Martext tell Touchstone and Audrey they need in order to make their marriage legal?
(a) Someone to give away the bride.
(b) Wedding bands.
(d) A group of witnesses.
10. What affliction does Rosalind, while disguised as Ganymede, tell Orlando can be cured?
(b) Love sickness.
11. What does Orlando carve into one of the trees in the Forest of Arden?
(a) Messages to Oliver.
(b) Descriptions of the forest.
(c) His family crest.
(d) Rosalind's name.
12. To what does Rosalind compare Orlando's love when he shows up for his lesson?
(a) A fly.
(b) A snail.
(c) A worm.
(d) A beetle.
13. What does Rosalind persuade Celia to pretend to be?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A minister.
(d) A jester.
14. What does Touchstone call his wedding ceremony to Audrey?
(a) A dream.
(b) A laugh.
(c) A benefit.
(d) A sham.
15. What do Touchstone's mocking verses compare Rosalind to?
(a) A princess and a shiny jewel.
(b) A little girl and an old teddy bear.
(c) A prostitute and thorny rose.
(d) A peasant and dull cloth.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Oliver say he brought Orlando after the encounter with the lion?
2. What does Jaques call Touchstone for getting married in the forest rather than in a church?
3. What must Silvius do, according to Ganymede, in order for Phebe to marry him?
4. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
5. Whom does Rosalind liken Orlando's hair to while badmouthing him to Celia?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)