|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosalind think about Oliver at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That he tried to kill Orlando.
(b) That he is a good person.
(c) That he is the opposite of Orlando.
(d) That he is kinder than Orlando.
2. Whom is Touchstone going to marry?
3. What is the subject matter of the song that Touchstone requests in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) Falsehoods about marriage.
(b) Love in the spring.
(c) City life being better than country life.
(d) Everyone's stupidty.
4. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
(a) Uses poetic language.
(b) Talks in riddles.
(c) Uses hand signals.
(d) Dances around.
5. What must Silvius do, according to Ganymede, in order for Phebe to marry him?
(a) Make her jealous in some way.
(b) Expose Ganymede as a woman.
(c) Find her a gold wedding ring.
(d) Giver her one reason why not to.
6. Which marriage does the duke give his blessing to?
(a) Celia and Oliver's.
(b) Phebe and Silvius'.
(c) Audrey and Touchstone's.
(d) Rosalind and Orlando's.
7. When Oliver arrives, what does he give to Rosalind, claiming it belongs to Orlando?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) His prince crown.
(c) A bloody handkerchief.
(d) A goodbye letter.
8. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius after reading the letter from Phebe?
(a) He has plenty of money.
(b) He will find a nicer woman.
(c) He is really a bad man.
(d) He loves an unlovable woman.
9. What does Oliver call Rosalind/Ganymede when she arrives on the scene?
(a) My brother.
(b) Fair sister.
(d) Good sir.
10. Who is Audrey, the woman Touchstone is speaking with, at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) A shepherd girl.
(b) A pauper girl.
(c) A servant girl.
(d) A princess.
11. When Silvius delivers the letter to Rosalind from Phebe, what kind of letter does he tell her it is?
(a) A letter of apology.
(b) A "missing you" letter.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A hate letter.
12. What does Phebe tell Silvius that she wants to see?
(a) His heart.
(b) The court.
(c) His wounds.
(d) The ring.
13. What is Orlando attaching to trees in the Forest of Arden at the beginning of Act 3, Scene2?
(a) Warning tape.
(b) Distress signals.
(c) Written verses.
(d) Forest laws.
14. What does Rosalind speak about to Orlando that upsets Celia at the end of Act 4, Scene 1?
15. What does Rosalind suggest that Orlando start with, instead of a kiss, in his quest for Rosalind's love?
(a) A letter.
(b) A handshake.
(c) A hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosalind tell Orlando that she is that will help her bring Rosalind to Orlando?
2. To what literary figure does Rosalind compare Oliver after he confesses his love for Aliena?
3. What does Vicar Martext tell Touchstone and Audrey they need in order to make their marriage legal?
4. Who admits to having wondered if Ganymede and Rosalind were brother and sister due to a resemblance?
5. Why is Audrey upset at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)