|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Touchstone ask to sing a song in Act 5, Scene 3?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A milk maiden.
(c) A logger.
(d) A page.
2. For what does Ganymede berate Jaques when they encounter each other in the forest?
(a) Eavesdropping on conversations.
(b) Volunteering to walk Audrey down the aisle.
(c) Mentioning the court.
(d) His depressed attitude.
3. Who arrives at the end of Act 5, Scene 1, to summon the men to Ganymede and Aliena's cottage?
4. What does Celia tell Rosalind to convince her that Orlando is not a traitor?
(a) Rosalind has heard how he feels with her own ears.
(b) He has always been loyal to the court.
(c) He has been helping Rosalind's father.
(d) He writes her many poems.
5. With whom is Jaques at the beginning of Act IV, Scene 2?
(a) Duke Senior's men.
(b) Ganymede and Aliena.
(c) Corin and Touchstone.
(d) Duke Frederick's men.
6. What happens between Ganymede and Phebe after Rosalind intervenes between Phebe and Silvius?
(a) Phebe apologizes to Silvius.
(b) Phebe cries and repents.
(c) Phebe falls for Ganymede.
(d) Phebe leaves the forest.
7. Who calls Orlando a fool for marring the trees in the forest with his verses?
(a) Duke Senior.
8. To whom does Jaques want to parade with the dead animal?
(a) The duke.
9. Whom does Rosalind say she does not want to talk about to Celia?
(a) Duke Senior.
10. When Oliver arrives, what does he give to Rosalind, claiming it belongs to Orlando?
(a) A goodbye letter.
(b) His prince crown.
(c) A bloody handkerchief.
(d) An engagement ring.
11. What do the men sing about as they parade at the end of Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) A man and his unfaithful wife.
(b) The circle of life.
(c) The beauty of country life.
(d) How much they miss court life.
12. Who is secretly watching the conversation Touchstone is having at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 3?
13. What does Rosalind think about Oliver at the end of Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) That he is a good person.
(b) That he is kinder than Orlando.
(c) That he is the opposite of Orlando.
(d) That he tried to kill Orlando.
14. Why does Rosalind become angry with Orlando at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 4?
(a) He badmouths Rosalind to Ganymede.
(b) He falls for Celia.
(c) He does not show up.
(d) He leaves the forest.
15. What does Touchstone do during his conversation to confuse the man?
(a) Dances around.
(b) Uses hand signals.
(c) Talks in riddles.
(d) Uses poetic language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits to having wondered if Ganymede and Rosalind were brother and sister due to a resemblance?
2. Why does Rosalind tell Celia not to pity Silvius after reading the letter from Phebe?
3. Whom does Rosalind liken Orlando's hair to while badmouthing him to Celia?
4. What does Oliver insist on when he is confessing his love for Aliena to Orlando?
5. What affliction does Rosalind, while disguised as Ganymede, tell Orlando can be cured?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)