|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Le Beau tell Orlando to leave, what does he tell him he is not going to receive?
(a) A knightship.
(b) A handshake.
2. Where is Duke Senior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Forest of Arden.
(b) On a horse heading toward the court.
(c) The mountains.
(d) Outside the kingdom walls.
3. What does Rosalind confide in to Celia at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) How much she misses her father.
(b) Her attraction to Orlando.
(c) That she despises Duke Frederick.
(d) Her revenge plot for Duke Frederick.
4. Where is Orlando at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) At the river.
(b) The road.
(c) An orchard.
(d) The court.
5. What does Duke Frederick order Rosalind to do when he finds the girls in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Orders her out of the city.
(b) Work as a servant.
(c) Bow to himself and Celia.
(d) Find her father and bring him back.
6. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
7. Who is not feeling well in Act 2, Scene 6?
8. Why does Corin not remember the one time that he fell in love?
(a) It is too painful to remember.
(b) He has amnesia.
(c) He is old.
(d) He never was in love.
9. Who wants to speak to Jaques at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Duke Senior.
(b) The Lords.
(d) Duke Frederick.
10. How do Rosalind and Celia feel after their trip?
11. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, what does Orlando promise to return with?
12. Where do Duke Frederick's men claim to have seen Rosalind and Celia the night before?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the drawbridge.
(d) In the court.
13. How does Phebe feel about the feelings of love professed to her?
(a) She is repulsed by them.
(b) She feels the same way.
(c) She does not return them.
(d) She is confused by them.
14. To whom is Duke Frederick speaking to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Men at court.
15. With what does Celia intend to pay for the property?
(b) Her inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind and Celia he tried to do after entering the court?
2. What does Duke Frederick accuse Rosalind of being?
3. When Orlando happens upon Duke Senior and his men, how does he try to take food from them?
4. Who tries to cheer up the ailing person in Act 2, Scene 6?
5. To whom does Jaques liken the herd of animals?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)