|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time does Duke Frederick give Oliver to find his brother?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) A week.
2. Where is Duke Senior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The mountains.
(b) Outside the kingdom walls.
(c) On a horse heading toward the court.
(d) Forest of Arden.
3. Who tells Corin that if he cannot remember the one time he fell in love, then he has never really been in love?
4. Who does Orlando's visitor tell Orlando is his enemy?
(b) Duke Frederick.
(c) Duke Senior.
5. What does Duke Senior invite Orlando and Adam to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Go to court.
(b) Join the group.
(c) Go to the beach.
(d) Go to a party.
6. What does Duke Frederick order Rosalind to do when he finds the girls in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Work as a servant.
(b) Bow to himself and Celia.
(c) Orders her out of the city.
(d) Find her father and bring him back.
7. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
(a) She read it in a book.
(b) She is alienated from home.
(c) Her mother's name was Aliena.
(d) She feels like an alien.
8. When the men find Jaques, what is he doing with the injured animal?
(a) Trying to mend the animal's injury.
(b) Writing a poem about the animal.
(c) Putting the animal out of its misery.
(d) Comparing its fate to his own.
9. Who tries to cheer up the ailing person in Act 2, Scene 6?
10. What does Dennis tell Oliver that Duke Frederick has done to Duke Senior?
(a) Banished him.
(b) Killed him.
(c) Stolen from him.
(d) Made amends with him.
11. To what does Duke Senior compare life in exile?
(a) Married life.
(b) Life at court.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) Life as a pauper.
12. Who is being kept at court as a companion to Celia, Duke Frederick's daughter?
13. Where do Rosalind and Celia plan to go?
(a) Kingdom of Arden.
(b) Forest of Andrew.
(c) Kingdom of Andrew.
(d) Forest of Arden.
14. How do Rosalind and Celia feel after their trip?
15. Whom does Rosalind think she and Celia should bring with them?
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Le Beau tell Orlando to leave, what does he tell him he is not going to receive?
2. How does Amiens feels at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
3. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
4. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind will happen if she does not follow his orders?
5. What does Duke Senior tell his company he wants to do?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)