|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invigorates Celia and Rosalind out in the country?
(a) The danger.
(b) The independence.
(c) The atmosphere.
(d) The lack of responsibility.
2. Who asks Corin for food?
3. What does Oliver do in order to convince Charles to carry out his plan to kill Orlando?
(c) Pays him.
(d) Knights him.
4. Who gives Orlando some traveling money once he leaves the estate?
5. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) A kind, elderly woman.
(b) A charity fund.
(c) The king's treasury.
(d) A retirement fund.
6. Who does the attendant claim is with Rosalind and Celia after overhearing them the night before?
7. To what does Duke Senior compare Jaques at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A snake.
(b) A beast.
(c) A fawn.
(d) A fish.
8. Whom does Oliver financially support instead of supporting Orlando?
9. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, what does Orlando promise to return with?
10. To what does Duke Senior compare life in exile?
(a) Life as a pauper.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Life at court.
(d) Married life.
11. What were Sir Rowland and Duke Frederick when Sir Rowland was still alive?
12. What does Charles ask Oliver to do about Orlando?
(a) To give him his inheritance.
(b) To talk him out of the match.
(c) To send him to the country.
(d) To kill him.
13. Why do the women decide to dress in disguise?
(a) No one will rob them dressed as men.
(b) They do not want Duke Frederick to notice them.
(c) It is dangerous for women to travel alone.
(d) They think it is comical.
14. What does Orlando's visitor warn Orlando that he must do?
(a) Take back his inheritance.
(b) Kill Oliver.
(c) Usurp Duke Frederick's power.
15. What does Duke Frederick call Oliver before sending him away?
(a) A villain.
(b) A thief.
(c) The devil.
(d) A good man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What of Orlando's is being threatened in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Act 2, Scene 2 contrast?
3. Why does Duke Frederick want Rosalind and Celia to be found?
4. Whom does Rosalind think she and Celia should bring with them?
5. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)