|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duke Frederick say will happen to Oliver if he fails to find Orlando in the allotted time?
(a) He will be exiled.
(b) He will lose his money.
(c) He will be stoned.
(d) He will be killed.
2. What does Oliver do in order to convince Charles to carry out his plan to kill Orlando?
(a) Knights him.
(c) Pays him.
3. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) A retirement fund.
(b) A kind, elderly woman.
(c) A charity fund.
(d) The king's treasury.
4. What does Amiens do so that Jaques will not feel depressed?
(a) Dances for him.
(b) Builds him a fire.
(c) Makes him food.
(d) Stops singing.
5. How many crowns is Orlando left by his late father?
6. How does Phebe feel about the feelings of love professed to her?
(a) She feels the same way.
(b) She is repulsed by them.
(c) She is confused by them.
(d) She does not return them.
7. When the men find Jaques, what is he doing with the injured animal?
(a) Comparing its fate to his own.
(b) Writing a poem about the animal.
(c) Putting the animal out of its misery.
(d) Trying to mend the animal's injury.
8. Who is the father of Orlando and Oliver, who recently passed away?
(a) Sir Adam.
(b) Duke Frederick.
(c) Sir Rowland.
(d) Duke Senior.
9. To what does Duke Senior compare Jaques at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A fish.
(b) A snake.
(c) A beast.
(d) A fawn.
10. What will Duke Frederick hold possession of until Oliver finds his brother?
(a) Oliver's nobility.
(b) Oliver's sword.
(c) Oliver's inheritance.
(d) Oliver's property.
11. Whom does Rosalind think she and Celia should bring with them?
(a) Her father.
12. Where do Duke Frederick's men claim to have seen Rosalind and Celia the night before?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the court.
(c) In bed.
(d) On the drawbridge.
13. What does Orlando's visitor say Orlando's enemy intends to do to him?
(a) Steal Rosalind.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Assault him.
(d) Rob him.
14. Who does the attendant claim is with Rosalind and Celia after overhearing them the night before?
15. Who tells Corin that if he cannot remember the one time he fell in love, then he has never really been in love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corin not remember the one time that he fell in love?
2. With what does Celia intend to pay for the property?
3. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
4. What does Orlando find in the forest?
5. Whom does Duke Frederick summon after hearing about Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)