|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duke Senior tell his company he wants to do?
2. What does Jaques tell the men the world is after Orlando leaves to find Adam?
(a) A stage.
(b) A bore.
(c) A waiting room.
(d) A dump.
3. What injured animal is Jaques crying over near the river?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A fox.
(c) A deer.
(d) A squirrel.
4. Who does Orlando's visitor tell Orlando is his enemy?
(a) Duke Senior.
(b) Duke Frederick.
5. What does Duke Frederick say will happen to Oliver if he fails to find Orlando in the allotted time?
(a) He will lose his money.
(b) He will be exiled.
(c) He will be stoned.
(d) He will be killed.
6. Who wants to speak to Jaques at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Lords.
(b) Duke Senior.
(c) Duke Frederick.
7. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
8. What is the person who is not feeling well suffering from in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) A deep wound in the side.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) Scurvy and fever.
(d) Hunger and exhaustion.
9. What does Oliver insist to Duke Frederick at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He has not killed Orlando.
(b) He has not injured Orlando.
(c) He has captured Orlando.
(d) He has not seen Orlando.
10. What mood does Jaques tell Amiens he likes being in?
11. When Jaques arrives, what or whom does he say he met in the forest?
(a) A fool.
(b) A knight.
(c) A girl.
(d) A bird.
12. Who meets Orlando in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) Duke Frederick.
13. What does Orlando find in the forest?
14. How does Phebe feel about the feelings of love professed to her?
(a) She is repulsed by them.
(b) She feels the same way.
(c) She is confused by them.
(d) She does not return them.
15. How many crowns is Orlando left by his late father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Duke Frederick give Oliver to find his brother?
2. For what reason does Oliver hate his brother, Orlando?
3. What does Orlando's visitor say Orlando's enemy intends to do to him?
4. What is Duke Frederick questioning his company about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)