|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind and Celia he tried to do after entering the court?
(a) Talk Orlando out of the match.
(b) Imprison Orlando.
(c) Enter the match.
(d) Cancel the match.
2. Why do the women decide to dress in disguise?
(a) It is dangerous for women to travel alone.
(b) They do not want Duke Frederick to notice them.
(c) No one will rob them dressed as men.
(d) They think it is comical.
3. What is the person who is not feeling well suffering from in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Hunger and exhaustion.
(b) A deep wound in the side.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) Scurvy and fever.
4. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) A charity fund.
(b) The king's treasury.
(c) A kind, elderly woman.
(d) A retirement fund.
5. Where is Amiens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Duke Senior's garden.
(b) Duke Senior's tent.
(c) Duke Senior's cave.
(d) Duke Senior's cottage.
6. Who asks Corin for food?
7. What is Duke Frederick's plan to find the group and use Oliver to do it an example of?
(a) Greed and vanity.
(b) Lying and deceit.
(c) Peril of the court.
(d) Simplicity of country life.
8. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
(a) She feels like an alien.
(b) Her mother's name was Aliena.
(c) She read it in a book.
(d) She is alienated from home.
9. What invigorates Celia and Rosalind out in the country?
(a) The independence.
(b) The lack of responsibility.
(c) The atmosphere.
(d) The danger.
10. To whom does Jaques liken the herd of animals?
(a) A gang.
(b) People in court.
(c) His brothers.
(d) The Lords.
11. When Le Beau tell Orlando to leave, what does he tell him he is not going to receive?
(c) A handshake.
(d) A knightship.
12. What does Orlando's visitor say Orlando's enemy intends to do to him?
(a) Assault him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Steal Rosalind.
(d) Rob him.
13. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) His sword.
(d) His horse.
14. Who is the court fool?
(b) Charles the wrestler.
15. Who gives Orlando some traveling money once he leaves the estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Sir Rowland and Duke Frederick when Sir Rowland was still alive?
2. Who is professing love for Phebe?
3. What does Amiens do so that Jaques will not feel depressed?
4. Who is the father of Orlando and Oliver, who recently passed away?
5. Who is being kept at court as a companion to Celia, Duke Frederick's daughter?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)