|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Phebe feel about the feelings of love professed to her?
(a) She does not return them.
(b) She is repulsed by them.
(c) She is confused by them.
(d) She feels the same way.
2. Whom does Duke Frederick summon after hearing about Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
(a) Duke Senior.
(c) His wife.
3. Where is Duke Senior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Outside the kingdom walls.
(b) On a horse heading toward the court.
(c) Forest of Arden.
(d) The mountains.
4. What does Oliver express to Duke Frederick about Orlando?
(a) His confusion.
(b) His regret.
(c) His hatred for Orlando.
(d) His change of heart toward Orlando.
5. What does Duke Frederick order Rosalind to do when he finds the girls in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Orders her out of the city.
(b) Find her father and bring him back.
(c) Bow to himself and Celia.
(d) Work as a servant.
6. How does Amiens feels at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
7. Who tries to cheer up the ailing person in Act 2, Scene 6?
8. What does Act 2, Scene 2 contrast?
(a) Act 1, Scene 3.
(b) Act 1, Scene 2.
(c) Act 2, Scene 1.
(d) Act 1, Scene 1.
9. What does Duke Senior tell his company he wants to do?
10. How do Rosalind and Celia feel after their trip?
11. What is Duke Frederick questioning his company about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Orlando's whereabouts.
(b) If Sir Rowland is really dead.
(c) Rosalind and Celia's whereabouts.
(d) Duke Senior's status.
12. Who gives Orlando some traveling money once he leaves the estate?
13. Why does Corin not remember the one time that he fell in love?
(a) He has amnesia.
(b) It is too painful to remember.
(c) He is old.
(d) He never was in love.
14. Where does Orlando intend to go once he leaves the estate?
(a) Arden Mountains.
(c) To his brother.
(d) To the next kingdom.
15. What does Jaques tell the men the world is after Orlando leaves to find Adam?
(a) A dump.
(b) A bore.
(c) A waiting room.
(d) A stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
2. Who is professing love for Phebe?
3. What does Duke Senior invite Orlando and Adam to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
5. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)