|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She and Celia do not get along.
(b) She hates Duke Frederick.
(c) Her father's banishment.
(d) She hates the court.
2. Why has Jaques been avoiding Duke Senior?
(a) He reminds him of court too much.
(b) Duke senior wants him out of the forest.
(c) Duke Senior is too argumentative.
(d) Jaques is afraid of Duke Senior.
3. What does Duke Frederick call Oliver before sending him away?
(a) A thief.
(b) A good man.
(c) The devil.
(d) A villain.
4. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
5. What will Duke Frederick hold possession of until Oliver finds his brother?
(a) Oliver's property.
(b) Oliver's sword.
(c) Oliver's nobility.
(d) Oliver's inheritance.
6. What does Orlando find in the forest?
7. Whom does Rosalind think she and Celia should bring with them?
(b) Her father.
8. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
(a) His master's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His servant's.
(d) His sister's.
9. Where do Duke Frederick's men claim to have seen Rosalind and Celia the night before?
(a) In the court.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the drawbridge.
(d) In bed.
10. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, what does Orlando promise to return with?
11. What does Oliver express to Duke Frederick about Orlando?
(a) His change of heart toward Orlando.
(b) His hatred for Orlando.
(c) His confusion.
(d) His regret.
12. What does Oliver do when Orlando demands that Oliver give him the money that was left by their father?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Kicks him out.
13. How much time does Duke Frederick give Oliver to find his brother?
(a) A week.
(b) One year.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
14. Who is the court fool?
(c) Charles the wrestler.
15. How many crowns is Orlando left by his late father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Oliver financially support instead of supporting Orlando?
2. What is the person who is not feeling well suffering from in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. To what does Duke Senior compare life in exile?
4. What is Amiens doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. What does Orlando's visitor warn Orlando that he must do?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)