|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rosalind and Celia plan to go?
(a) Forest of Andrew.
(b) Kingdom of Arden.
(c) Kingdom of Andrew.
(d) Forest of Arden.
2. Why does Corin not remember the one time that he fell in love?
(a) He has amnesia.
(b) It is too painful to remember.
(c) He is old.
(d) He never was in love.
3. Who is the only member of the group to miss the court?
4. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
(a) His master's.
(b) His servant's.
(c) His sister's.
(d) His brother's.
5. How does Phebe feel about the feelings of love professed to her?
(a) She does not return them.
(b) She is confused by them.
(c) She is repulsed by them.
(d) She feels the same way.
6. What does Orlando's visitor warn Orlando that he must do?
(a) Usurp Duke Frederick's power.
(c) Take back his inheritance.
(d) Kill Oliver.
7. Whom does Oliver financially support instead of supporting Orlando?
8. Where do Rosalind, Celia and Touchstone arrive at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Forest of Arden.
(b) The court.
(c) Duke Senior's camp.
(d) Jaques' camp.
9. When Jaques arrives, what or whom does he say he met in the forest?
(a) A knight.
(b) A bird.
(c) A fool.
(d) A girl.
10. Which attendant overhears Rosalind and Celia talking the night before they go missing?
11. To whom does Jaques liken the herd of animals?
(a) People in court.
(b) The Lords.
(c) A gang.
(d) His brothers.
12. What is the rest of the herd doing while the animal Jaques is crying over suffers from its injury?
(c) Running away.
13. Where is Amiens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Duke Senior's cottage.
(b) Duke Senior's tent.
(c) Duke Senior's cave.
(d) Duke Senior's garden.
14. What does Duke Senior tell Orlando is the best way to get what he wants, which astonishes Orlando?
(a) By trading.
(b) By lying.
(c) By being polite.
(d) By telling riddles.
15. What is Duke Frederick's plan to find the group and use Oliver to do it an example of?
(a) Peril of the court.
(b) Simplicity of country life.
(c) Greed and vanity.
(d) Lying and deceit.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
2. What does Orlando find in the forest?
3. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Charles come to court to warn Oliver about?
5. How many crowns is Orlando left by his late father?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)