|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not feeling well in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. Whose estate is Orlando in at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) His own.
(c) Duke Frederick's.
(d) Duke Senior's.
3. To what does Duke Senior compare Jaques at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A beast.
(b) A fawn.
(c) A snake.
(d) A fish.
4. How many crowns is Orlando left by his late father?
5. What does Celia wish she could do when Rosalind is dismissed from the court?
(a) Apologize to Rosalind.
(b) Find Rosalind's father.
(c) Go with Rosalind.
(d) Keep Rosalind there.
6. What is Amiens doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) Playing a guitar.
(c) Building a fire.
7. Where is Amiens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Duke Senior's garden.
(b) Duke Senior's cave.
(c) Duke Senior's cottage.
(d) Duke Senior's tent.
8. What does Duke Frederick call Oliver before sending him away?
(a) A thief.
(b) A villain.
(c) A good man.
(d) The devil.
9. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
(a) She is alienated from home.
(b) Her mother's name was Aliena.
(c) She feels like an alien.
(d) She read it in a book.
10. What does Rosalind confide in to Celia at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) That she despises Duke Frederick.
(b) Her revenge plot for Duke Frederick.
(c) Her attraction to Orlando.
(d) How much she misses her father.
11. Whom does Oliver financially support instead of supporting Orlando?
12. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) A charity fund.
(b) The king's treasury.
(c) A retirement fund.
(d) A kind, elderly woman.
13. Who is being kept at court as a companion to Celia, Duke Frederick's daughter?
14. What does Celia promise Rosalind will happen when her father, Duke Frederick, dies?
(a) Rosalind's father's fortune will be restored.
(b) Rosalind and Orlando will be allowed to marry.
(c) She will share her inheritance with Rosalind.
(d) Rosalind will be sent to the country to live with her father.
15. Where does Orlando intend to go once he leaves the estate?
(b) Arden Mountains.
(c) To the next kingdom.
(d) To his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Corin for food?
2. To whom does Jaques liken the herd of animals?
3. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
4. Who does the attendant claim is with Rosalind and Celia after overhearing them the night before?
5. How does the member of the group who misses the court feel out in the country?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)