|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
2. Who is the court fool?
(d) Charles the wrestler.
3. What mood does Jaques tell Amiens he likes being in?
4. When Le Beau tell Orlando to leave, what does he tell him he is not going to receive?
(a) A knightship.
(c) A handshake.
5. How many crowns is Orlando left by his late father?
6. What does Duke Senior tell his company he wants to do?
7. Why does Corin not remember the one time that he fell in love?
(a) It is too painful to remember.
(b) He is old.
(c) He has amnesia.
(d) He never was in love.
8. Who is Orlando talking to in the orchard at the opening of the play?
(d) His father.
9. What does Duke Frederick accuse Rosalind of being?
(a) A siren.
(b) A traitor.
(c) A gold digger.
(d) A sorceress.
10. What does Duke Frederick say will happen to Oliver if he fails to find Orlando in the allotted time?
(a) He will be exiled.
(b) He will lose his money.
(c) He will be killed.
(d) He will be stoned.
11. What does Rosalind point out to Celia to make her understand why she feels the way she does about Orlando?
(a) He beat Charles in the match.
(b) She has never loved before.
(c) They are the same age.
(d) Her father loved his father.
12. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
(a) That they are changing.
(b) That they cannot be broken.
(c) That Rosalind reciprocates.
(d) That he shares them, for Orlando.
13. To what does Duke Senior compare life in exile?
(a) Life in prison.
(b) Life at court.
(c) Life as a pauper.
(d) Married life.
14. Where do Orlando and his traveling companion go the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Forest of Arden.
(b) Arden Mountains.
(c) Valley of Arden.
(d) Arden Canyon.
15. What does Orlando find in the forest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis tell Oliver that Duke Frederick has done to Duke Senior?
2. Whom does Oliver financially support instead of supporting Orlando?
3. How does Phebe feel about the feelings of love professed to her?
4. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
5. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)