|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
(a) That Rosalind reciprocates.
(b) That he shares them, for Orlando.
(c) That they are changing.
(d) That they cannot be broken.
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, what does Orlando promise to return with?
3. Where do Rosalind, Celia and Touchstone arrive at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The court.
(b) Forest of Arden.
(c) Duke Senior's camp.
(d) Jaques' camp.
4. With what does Celia intend to pay for the property?
(a) Her inheritance.
5. What does Orlando find in the forest?
6. What does Rosalind point out to Celia to make her understand why she feels the way she does about Orlando?
(a) She has never loved before.
(b) They are the same age.
(c) Her father loved his father.
(d) He beat Charles in the match.
7. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
(a) He embraces Orlando.
(b) He praises Orlando.
(c) He kills Orlando.
(d) He dislikes Orlando.
8. What is Duke Frederick questioning his company about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Rosalind and Celia's whereabouts.
(b) If Sir Rowland is really dead.
(c) Duke Senior's status.
(d) Orlando's whereabouts.
9. Who does Orlando's visitor tell Orlando is his enemy?
(b) Duke Frederick.
(c) Duke Senior.
10. Who is the only member of the group to miss the court?
11. What does Rosalind confide in to Celia at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Her attraction to Orlando.
(b) How much she misses her father.
(c) Her revenge plot for Duke Frederick.
(d) That she despises Duke Frederick.
12. What does Duke Frederick say will happen to Oliver if he fails to find Orlando in the allotted time?
(a) He will be stoned.
(b) He will be killed.
(c) He will lose his money.
(d) He will be exiled.
13. Who is not feeling well in Act 2, Scene 6?
14. What does Celia wish she could do when Rosalind is dismissed from the court?
(a) Go with Rosalind.
(b) Find Rosalind's father.
(c) Keep Rosalind there.
(d) Apologize to Rosalind.
15. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
(a) Jaques analogy.
(b) It has the female characters.
(c) There are no wrestling matches in the forest.
(d) It shows the peace of country life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Amiens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. When the men find Jaques, what is he doing with the injured animal?
3. Who wants to speak to Jaques at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What does Jaques tell the men the world is after Orlando leaves to find Adam?
5. Where do Orlando and his traveling companion go the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)