|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which attendant overhears Rosalind and Celia talking the night before they go missing?
2. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
3. Where do Duke Frederick's men claim to have seen Rosalind and Celia the night before?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the court.
(c) In bed.
(d) On the drawbridge.
4. When Orlando happens upon Duke Senior and his men, how does he try to take food from them?
(a) He convinces them.
(b) He punches them.
(c) He throws rocks.
(d) With his sword.
5. With what does Celia intend to pay for the property?
(b) Her inheritance.
6. How does Amiens feels at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
7. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) She hates the court.
(b) She hates Duke Frederick.
(c) Her father's banishment.
(d) She and Celia do not get along.
8. How does the member of the group who misses the court feel out in the country?
(a) Out of place.
9. Who tries to cheer up the ailing person in Act 2, Scene 6?
10. Why does Corin not remember the one time that he fell in love?
(a) He has amnesia.
(b) It is too painful to remember.
(c) He never was in love.
(d) He is old.
11. Where do Rosalind and Celia plan to go?
(a) Kingdom of Andrew.
(b) Forest of Andrew.
(c) Kingdom of Arden.
(d) Forest of Arden.
12. For what did Orlando's father intend the crowns to go toward?
(a) Orlando's education.
(b) Orlando's military training.
(c) Orlando's wedding.
(d) Orlando's house.
13. To whom is Duke Frederick speaking to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Men at court.
14. What does Duke Senior tell his company he wants to do?
15. To what does Duke Senior compare life in exile?
(a) Married life.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Life as a pauper.
(d) Life at court.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
2. Where is Orlando at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. To what does Duke Senior compare Jaques at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Why do the women decide to dress in disguise?
5. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)