|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to cheer up the ailing person in Act 2, Scene 6?
2. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude?
(a) He is delusional.
(b) He is just bitter.
(c) He can make any bad situation good.
(d) He needs to lighten up.
3. How does Phebe feel about the feelings of love professed to her?
(a) She is repulsed by them.
(b) She does not return them.
(c) She feels the same way.
(d) She is confused by them.
4. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
5. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
6. Whom is Duke Senior with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Who is being kept at court as a companion to Celia, Duke Frederick's daughter?
8. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
(a) There are no wrestling matches in the forest.
(b) Jaques analogy.
(c) It shows the peace of country life.
(d) It has the female characters.
9. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind will happen if she does not follow his orders?
(a) She will die.
(b) She will be relocated.
(c) She will be penniless.
(d) She will become a slave.
10. Who gives Orlando some traveling money once he leaves the estate?
11. Who meets Orlando in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) Duke Frederick.
12. What does Celia promise Rosalind will happen when her father, Duke Frederick, dies?
(a) Rosalind will be sent to the country to live with her father.
(b) Rosalind and Orlando will be allowed to marry.
(c) Rosalind's father's fortune will be restored.
(d) She will share her inheritance with Rosalind.
13. Where do Rosalind, Celia and Touchstone arrive at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) Jaques' camp.
(b) The court.
(c) Duke Senior's camp.
(d) Forest of Arden.
14. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
(a) That they cannot be broken.
(b) That Rosalind reciprocates.
(c) That he shares them, for Orlando.
(d) That they are changing.
15. With what does Celia intend to pay for the property?
(a) Her inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia think about Rosalind's reasoning about her feelings toward Orlando?
2. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
3. What is the person who is not feeling well suffering from in Act 2, Scene 6?
4. Who is in the forest at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
5. What does Oliver do in order to convince Charles to carry out his plan to kill Orlando?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)