|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jaques arrives, what or whom does he say he met in the forest?
(a) A girl.
(b) A fool.
(c) A knight.
(d) A bird.
2. Who is in the forest at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Corin and Amiens.
(b) Orlando and Adam.
(c) Adams and Corin.
(d) Orlando and Amiens.
3. What mood does Jaques tell Amiens he likes being in?
4. What does Le Beau tell Rosalind and Celia that they have missed?
(a) A public execution.
(b) The jousting match.
(c) Good wrestling matches.
(d) A musical serenade.
5. To what does Duke Senior compare Jaques at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A fawn.
(b) A fish.
(c) A snake.
(d) A beast.
6. What does Rosalind give Orlando?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A dirty look.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) A slap in the face.
7. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
(a) His sister's.
(b) His servant's.
(c) His master's.
(d) His brother's.
8. Where do Rosalind, Celia and Touchstone arrive at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) The court.
(b) Forest of Arden.
(c) Duke Senior's camp.
(d) Jaques' camp.
9. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude?
(a) He is delusional.
(b) He is just bitter.
(c) He needs to lighten up.
(d) He can make any bad situation good.
10. What invigorates Celia and Rosalind out in the country?
(a) The danger.
(b) The lack of responsibility.
(c) The atmosphere.
(d) The independence.
11. Where is Orlando at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) At the river.
(b) The road.
(c) The court.
(d) An orchard.
12. Who asks Corin for food?
13. How does the member of the group who misses the court feel out in the country?
(a) Out of place.
14. Who tries to cheer up the ailing person in Act 2, Scene 6?
15. What is the person who is not feeling well suffering from in Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) A deep wound in the side.
(b) Hunger and exhaustion.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) Scurvy and fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Oliver hate his brother, Orlando?
2. Whose estate is Orlando in at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
4. What is Duke Frederick questioning his company about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. For what did Orlando's father intend the crowns to go toward?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)