|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duke Senior tell his company about life in exile?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) It is free of peril.
(c) It is a noble life.
(d) It is torture.
2. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
(a) His brother's.
(b) His servant's.
(c) His master's.
(d) His sister's.
3. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
(a) That Rosalind reciprocates.
(b) That they are changing.
(c) That they cannot be broken.
(d) That he shares them, for Orlando.
4. What will Duke Frederick hold possession of until Oliver finds his brother?
(a) Oliver's property.
(b) Oliver's sword.
(c) Oliver's nobility.
(d) Oliver's inheritance.
5. What does Rosalind give Orlando?
(a) A slap in the face.
(b) A love letter.
(c) Her necklace.
(d) A dirty look.
6. When Orlando happens upon Duke Senior and his men, how does he try to take food from them?
(a) He throws rocks.
(b) With his sword.
(c) He punches them.
(d) He convinces them.
7. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude?
(a) He needs to lighten up.
(b) He can make any bad situation good.
(c) He is just bitter.
(d) He is delusional.
8. What does Celia wish she could do when Rosalind is dismissed from the court?
(a) Find Rosalind's father.
(b) Go with Rosalind.
(c) Apologize to Rosalind.
(d) Keep Rosalind there.
9. Where do Orlando and his traveling companion go the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Arden Mountains.
(b) Arden Canyon.
(c) Forest of Arden.
(d) Valley of Arden.
10. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
(a) His horse.
(b) His inheritance.
(c) His sword.
11. Why does Corin not remember the one time that he fell in love?
(a) He is old.
(b) It is too painful to remember.
(c) He has amnesia.
(d) He never was in love.
12. Who is the court fool?
(c) Charles the wrestler.
13. To what does Duke Senior compare life in exile?
(a) Life at court.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Married life.
(d) Life as a pauper.
14. What does Orlando's visitor say Orlando's enemy intends to do to him?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Assault him.
(c) Steal Rosalind.
(d) Rob him.
15. Where is Duke Senior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Outside the kingdom walls.
(b) The mountains.
(c) Forest of Arden.
(d) On a horse heading toward the court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is professing love for Phebe?
2. What does Oliver do in order to convince Charles to carry out his plan to kill Orlando?
3. Where do Duke Frederick's men claim to have seen Rosalind and Celia the night before?
4. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How much time does Duke Frederick give Oliver to find his brother?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)