|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
2. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) A retirement fund.
(b) The king's treasury.
(c) A kind, elderly woman.
(d) A charity fund.
3. What is the rest of the herd doing while the animal Jaques is crying over suffers from its injury?
(a) Running away.
4. How do Rosalind and Celia feel after their trip?
5. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
(a) His servant's.
(b) His sister's.
(c) His master's.
(d) His brother's.
6. What does Celia think about Rosalind's reasoning about her feelings toward Orlando?
(a) It is naive.
(b) It needs tweaking.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is wise.
7. Who is the father of Orlando and Oliver, who recently passed away?
(a) Sir Adam.
(b) Sir Rowland.
(c) Duke Senior.
(d) Duke Frederick.
8. What does Rosalind confide in to Celia at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Her attraction to Orlando.
(b) How much she misses her father.
(c) That she despises Duke Frederick.
(d) Her revenge plot for Duke Frederick.
9. How does Phebe feel about the feelings of love professed to her?
(a) She is confused by them.
(b) She feels the same way.
(c) She does not return them.
(d) She is repulsed by them.
10. When Le Beau tell Orlando to leave, what does he tell him he is not going to receive?
(b) A knightship.
(c) A handshake.
11. How does Amiens feels at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
12. Where do Duke Frederick's men claim to have seen Rosalind and Celia the night before?
(a) In the court.
(b) In bed.
(c) On the drawbridge.
(d) In the kitchen.
13. Whom is Duke Senior with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
14. Where is Amiens at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Duke Senior's tent.
(b) Duke Senior's cottage.
(c) Duke Senior's cave.
(d) Duke Senior's garden.
15. Who asks Corin for food?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosalind give Orlando?
2. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
3. What does Oliver insist to Duke Frederick at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
4. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
5. What does Duke Frederick say will happen to Oliver if he fails to find Orlando in the allotted time?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)