|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Duke Frederick questioning his company about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Duke Senior's status.
(b) Orlando's whereabouts.
(c) If Sir Rowland is really dead.
(d) Rosalind and Celia's whereabouts.
2. What does Duke Senior tell Orlando is the best way to get what he wants, which astonishes Orlando?
(a) By lying.
(b) By telling riddles.
(c) By trading.
(d) By being polite.
3. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
4. Where does Orlando intend to go once he leaves the estate?
(b) Arden Mountains.
(c) To his brother.
(d) To the next kingdom.
5. Whose estate is Orlando in at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Duke Frederick's.
(b) Duke Senior's.
(d) His own.
6. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind and Celia he tried to do after entering the court?
(a) Enter the match.
(b) Cancel the match.
(c) Imprison Orlando.
(d) Talk Orlando out of the match.
7. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
8. For what reason does Oliver hate his brother, Orlando?
(a) Orlando is better-looking.
(b) Orlando is smarter.
(c) Orlando is like his father.
(d) Orlando is stronger.
9. When Jaques arrives, what or whom does he say he met in the forest?
(a) A girl.
(b) A bird.
(c) A fool.
(d) A knight.
10. Who is being kept at court as a companion to Celia, Duke Frederick's daughter?
11. Whom does Duke Frederick summon after hearing about Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
(a) Duke Senior.
(c) His wife.
12. What is Amiens doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(b) Building a fire.
(c) Playing a guitar.
13. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
(a) His servant's.
(b) His master's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His sister's.
14. What does Duke Senior invite Orlando and Adam to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Go to a party.
(b) Join the group.
(c) Go to the beach.
(d) Go to court.
15. Whom does Rosalind think she and Celia should bring with them?
(b) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amiens feels at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. What does Rosalind point out to Celia to make her understand why she feels the way she does about Orlando?
3. Where do Rosalind, Celia and Touchstone arrive at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
4. Who does the attendant claim is with Rosalind and Celia after overhearing them the night before?
5. How does the member of the group who misses the court feel out in the country?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)