|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Oliver hate his brother, Orlando?
(a) Orlando is smarter.
(b) Orlando is like his father.
(c) Orlando is stronger.
(d) Orlando is better-looking.
2. What does Amiens do so that Jaques will not feel depressed?
(a) Makes him food.
(b) Builds him a fire.
(c) Stops singing.
(d) Dances for him.
3. Who is the only member of the group to miss the court?
4. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
5. Why does Corin not remember the one time that he fell in love?
(a) It is too painful to remember.
(b) He has amnesia.
(c) He is old.
(d) He never was in love.
6. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
(a) His horse.
(b) His sword.
(c) His inheritance.
7. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
(a) She read it in a book.
(b) She is alienated from home.
(c) Her mother's name was Aliena.
(d) She feels like an alien.
8. Who meets Orlando in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(d) Duke Frederick.
9. What does Celia wish she could do when Rosalind is dismissed from the court?
(a) Apologize to Rosalind.
(b) Go with Rosalind.
(c) Keep Rosalind there.
(d) Find Rosalind's father.
10. What depresses Rosalind at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Her father's banishment.
(b) She hates the court.
(c) She hates Duke Frederick.
(d) She and Celia do not get along.
11. What does Celia promise Rosalind will happen when her father, Duke Frederick, dies?
(a) Rosalind will be sent to the country to live with her father.
(b) Rosalind and Orlando will be allowed to marry.
(c) She will share her inheritance with Rosalind.
(d) Rosalind's father's fortune will be restored.
12. Who tries to cheer up the ailing person in Act 2, Scene 6?
13. What does Duke Frederick call Oliver before sending him away?
(a) A good man.
(b) The devil.
(c) A thief.
(d) A villain.
14. What is Amiens doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Building a fire.
(b) Playing a guitar.
15. How does Phebe feel about the feelings of love professed to her?
(a) She is confused by them.
(b) She does not return them.
(c) She feels the same way.
(d) She is repulsed by them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rosalind, Celia and Touchstone arrive at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
2. Who gives Orlando some traveling money once he leaves the estate?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, what does Orlando promise to return with?
4. Who does the attendant claim is with Rosalind and Celia after overhearing them the night before?
5. For what did Orlando's father intend the crowns to go toward?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)