|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Forest of Arden.
(c) Arden village.
(d) A carriage.
2. Whose estate is Orlando in at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Duke Frederick's.
(b) His own.
(d) Duke Senior's.
3. What does Duke Senior invite Orlando and Adam to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) Go to court.
(b) Go to the beach.
(c) Go to a party.
(d) Join the group.
4. What does Duke Frederick accuse Rosalind of being?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A sorceress.
(c) A siren.
(d) A gold digger.
5. Who is being kept at court as a companion to Celia, Duke Frederick's daughter?
6. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
(a) She feels like an alien.
(b) She read it in a book.
(c) She is alienated from home.
(d) Her mother's name was Aliena.
7. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
8. How many crowns is Orlando left by his late father?
9. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
(a) He kills Orlando.
(b) He dislikes Orlando.
(c) He embraces Orlando.
(d) He praises Orlando.
10. What is Duke Frederick's plan to find the group and use Oliver to do it an example of?
(a) Lying and deceit.
(b) Peril of the court.
(c) Greed and vanity.
(d) Simplicity of country life.
11. When the men find Jaques, what is he doing with the injured animal?
(a) Trying to mend the animal's injury.
(b) Comparing its fate to his own.
(c) Putting the animal out of its misery.
(d) Writing a poem about the animal.
12. What does Oliver do in order to convince Charles to carry out his plan to kill Orlando?
(b) Pays him.
(d) Knights him.
13. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
14. With what does Celia intend to pay for the property?
(a) Her inheritance.
15. Who asks Corin for food?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the women decide to dress in disguise?
2. Who is Orlando talking to in the orchard at the opening of the play?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 6, what does Orlando promise to return with?
4. How much time does Duke Frederick give Oliver to find his brother?
5. What is the rest of the herd doing while the animal Jaques is crying over suffers from its injury?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)