|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind and Celia he tried to do after entering the court?
(a) Talk Orlando out of the match.
(b) Imprison Orlando.
(c) Cancel the match.
(d) Enter the match.
2. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) A charity fund.
(b) A kind, elderly woman.
(c) A retirement fund.
(d) The king's treasury.
3. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) His horse.
(c) His sword.
4. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
(a) She is alienated from home.
(b) She feels like an alien.
(c) She read it in a book.
(d) Her mother's name was Aliena.
5. Who is the court fool?
(c) Charles the wrestler.
6. What does Rosalind tell Orlando about her father?
(a) That he loved Orlando's father.
(b) That he killed Orlando's father.
(c) That he hated Orlando's father.
(d) That he financially supported Orlando's father.
7. Who tells Corin that if he cannot remember the one time he fell in love, then he has never really been in love?
8. Who is in the forest at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Adams and Corin.
(b) Orlando and Amiens.
(c) Corin and Amiens.
(d) Orlando and Adam.
9. Where is Orlando at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) At the river.
(b) The road.
(c) An orchard.
(d) The court.
10. Who is professing love for Phebe?
(d) Duke Senior.
11. For what did Orlando's father intend the crowns to go toward?
(a) Orlando's house.
(b) Orlando's wedding.
(c) Orlando's education.
(d) Orlando's military training.
12. When Le Beau tell Orlando to leave, what does he tell him he is not going to receive?
(a) A handshake.
(b) A knightship.
13. To whom does Jaques liken the herd of animals?
(a) People in court.
(b) His brothers.
(c) A gang.
(d) The Lords.
14. What were Sir Rowland and Duke Frederick when Sir Rowland was still alive?
15. What does Amiens do so that Jaques will not feel depressed?
(a) Builds him a fire.
(b) Stops singing.
(c) Dances for him.
(d) Makes him food.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Duke Senior compare life in exile?
2. Who is not feeling well in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Who is the father of Orlando and Oliver, who recently passed away?
4. What does Le Beau tell Rosalind and Celia that they have missed?
5. Where do Rosalind, Celia and Touchstone arrive at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)