|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Orlando's traveling money come?
(a) A retirement fund.
(b) A kind, elderly woman.
(c) The king's treasury.
(d) A charity fund.
2. What does Rosalind give Orlando?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) A dirty look.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A slap in the face.
3. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
4. How does Rosalind act, to Celia's surprise, toward what she confides in Celia?
5. Whom does Oliver financially support instead of supporting Orlando?
6. Who tells Corin that if he cannot remember the one time he fell in love, then he has never really been in love?
7. What is the rest of the herd doing while the animal Jaques is crying over suffers from its injury?
(c) Running away.
8. How do Rosalind and Celia feel after their trip?
9. What does Orlando's visitor warn Orlando that he must do?
(a) Usurp Duke Frederick's power.
(b) Take back his inheritance.
(d) Kill Oliver.
10. What does Jaques tell the men the world is after Orlando leaves to find Adam?
(a) A dump.
(b) A bore.
(c) A waiting room.
(d) A stage.
11. Where do Rosalind and Celia plan to go?
(a) Forest of Arden.
(b) Kingdom of Andrew.
(c) Kingdom of Arden.
(d) Forest of Andrew.
12. When Le Beau tell Orlando to leave, what does he tell him he is not going to receive?
(a) A handshake.
(d) A knightship.
13. What mood does Jaques tell Amiens he likes being in?
14. What is Amiens doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
(a) Playing a guitar.
(c) Building a fire.
15. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind and Celia he tried to do after entering the court?
(a) Imprison Orlando.
(b) Cancel the match.
(c) Enter the match.
(d) Talk Orlando out of the match.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia think about Rosalind's reasoning about her feelings toward Orlando?
2. Who is Orlando talking to in the orchard at the opening of the play?
3. What were Sir Rowland and Duke Frederick when Sir Rowland was still alive?
4. What does Charles ask Oliver to do about Orlando?
5. What does Duke Senior tell his company about life in exile?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)