|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rosalind point out to Celia to make her understand why she feels the way she does about Orlando?
(a) They are the same age.
(b) Her father loved his father.
(c) He beat Charles in the match.
(d) She has never loved before.
2. Who gives Orlando some traveling money once he leaves the estate?
3. What does Duke Frederick call Oliver before sending him away?
(a) A villain.
(b) The devil.
(c) A thief.
(d) A good man.
4. What does Oliver do when Orlando demands that Oliver give him the money that was left by their father?
(a) Kicks him.
(b) Kicks him out.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Stabs him.
5. Who is professing love for Phebe?
(b) Duke Senior.
6. Where do Duke Frederick's men claim to have seen Rosalind and Celia the night before?
(a) In bed.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) On the drawbridge.
(d) In the court.
7. Who tells Corin that if he cannot remember the one time he fell in love, then he has never really been in love?
8. What will Duke Frederick hold possession of until Oliver finds his brother?
(a) Oliver's property.
(b) Oliver's nobility.
(c) Oliver's inheritance.
(d) Oliver's sword.
9. What does Jaques tell the men the world is after Orlando leaves to find Adam?
(a) A dump.
(b) A bore.
(c) A stage.
(d) A waiting room.
10. What is the rest of the herd doing while the animal Jaques is crying over suffers from its injury?
(d) Running away.
11. Whose estate is Orlando in at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) His own.
(b) Duke Senior's.
(c) Duke Frederick's.
12. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
(b) His inheritance.
(c) His sword.
(d) His horse.
13. To what does Duke Senior compare Jaques at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A fish.
(b) A snake.
(c) A beast.
(d) A fawn.
14. Why has Jaques been avoiding Duke Senior?
(a) Duke Senior is too argumentative.
(b) Jaques is afraid of Duke Senior.
(c) He reminds him of court too much.
(d) Duke senior wants him out of the forest.
15. Whom does Oliver financially support instead of supporting Orlando?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles come to court to warn Oliver about?
2. What is the person who is not feeling well suffering from in Act 2, Scene 6?
3. What does Le Beau tell Orlando about Duke Frederick's feelings toward his niece, Rosalind?
4. What happens when Duke Frederick learns that Sir Rowland is Orlando's father?
5. Who is in the forest at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)