|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rest of the herd doing while the animal Jaques is crying over suffers from its injury?
(d) Running away.
2. Who is the only member of the group to miss the court?
3. To what does Duke Senior compare life in exile?
(a) Life at court.
(b) Life in prison.
(c) Married life.
(d) Life as a pauper.
4. Which attendant overhears Rosalind and Celia talking the night before they go missing?
5. Who asks Corin for food?
6. What does Charles ask Oliver to do about Orlando?
(a) To give him his inheritance.
(b) To send him to the country.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To talk him out of the match.
7. For what reason does Oliver hate his brother, Orlando?
(a) Orlando is like his father.
(b) Orlando is stronger.
(c) Orlando is better-looking.
(d) Orlando is smarter.
8. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind will happen if she does not follow his orders?
(a) She will become a slave.
(b) She will die.
(c) She will be relocated.
(d) She will be penniless.
9. Who gives Orlando some traveling money once he leaves the estate?
10. Who else is with Duke Senior and dressed like foresters?
(a) The Lords.
(d) The maidens.
11. Who is in the forest at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Adams and Corin.
(b) Orlando and Amiens.
(c) Orlando and Adam.
(d) Corin and Amiens.
12. Where do Rosalind and Celia plan to go?
(a) Forest of Arden.
(b) Kingdom of Andrew.
(c) Kingdom of Arden.
(d) Forest of Andrew.
13. What does Celia promise Rosalind will happen when her father, Duke Frederick, dies?
(a) She will share her inheritance with Rosalind.
(b) Rosalind will be sent to the country to live with her father.
(c) Rosalind's father's fortune will be restored.
(d) Rosalind and Orlando will be allowed to marry.
14. Why has Jaques been avoiding Duke Senior?
(a) Duke senior wants him out of the forest.
(b) He reminds him of court too much.
(c) Jaques is afraid of Duke Senior.
(d) Duke Senior is too argumentative.
15. How many crowns is Orlando left by his late father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oliver do in order to convince Charles to carry out his plan to kill Orlando?
2. What does Duke Senior tell his company about life in exile?
3. Who does Orlando's visitor tell Orlando is his enemy?
4. Who is the court fool?
5. Whose estate is Orlando in at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)