|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Orlando prepares to leave the estate, what resources does he have?
(a) His horse.
(c) His sword.
(d) His inheritance.
2. What does Amiens say about Duke Senior's attitude?
(a) He can make any bad situation good.
(b) He is delusional.
(c) He is just bitter.
(d) He needs to lighten up.
3. To whom is Duke Frederick speaking to at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Men at court.
4. What does Jaques tell the men the world is after Orlando leaves to find Adam?
(a) A waiting room.
(b) A dump.
(c) A bore.
(d) A stage.
5. What will Duke Frederick hold possession of until Oliver finds his brother?
(a) Oliver's inheritance.
(b) Oliver's property.
(c) Oliver's sword.
(d) Oliver's nobility.
6. Where is Duke Senior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) On a horse heading toward the court.
(b) The mountains.
(c) Outside the kingdom walls.
(d) Forest of Arden.
7. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind will happen if she does not follow his orders?
(a) She will become a slave.
(b) She will be relocated.
(c) She will be penniless.
(d) She will die.
8. Who is in the forest at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
(a) Orlando and Adam.
(b) Adams and Corin.
(c) Orlando and Amiens.
(d) Corin and Amiens.
9. How does the scene that contrasts Act 2, Scene 2 accomplish its contrast?
(a) It shows the peace of country life.
(b) It has the female characters.
(c) Jaques analogy.
(d) There are no wrestling matches in the forest.
10. What does Le Beau tell Rosalind and Celia that they have missed?
(a) Good wrestling matches.
(b) The jousting match.
(c) A public execution.
(d) A musical serenade.
11. How much time does Duke Frederick give Oliver to find his brother?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) A week.
(d) One year.
12. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind and Celia he tried to do after entering the court?
(a) Imprison Orlando.
(b) Talk Orlando out of the match.
(c) Enter the match.
(d) Cancel the match.
13. Whom does Oliver financially support instead of supporting Orlando?
14. Who else do the men claim is missing in the morning?
15. Where do Rosalind and Celia plan to go?
(a) Kingdom of Andrew.
(b) Forest of Andrew.
(c) Kingdom of Arden.
(d) Forest of Arden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many crowns is Orlando left by his late father?
2. Who meets Orlando in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. For what did Orlando's father intend the crowns to go toward?
4. Who gives Orlando some traveling money once he leaves the estate?
5. Whom is Duke Senior with at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)