|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Duke Senior compare Jaques at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) A fish.
(b) A beast.
(c) A snake.
(d) A fawn.
2. Where is Duke Senior at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Forest of Arden.
(b) On a horse heading toward the court.
(c) The mountains.
(d) Outside the kingdom walls.
3. What does Celia think about Rosalind's reasoning about her feelings toward Orlando?
(a) It is naive.
(b) It is false.
(c) It is wise.
(d) It needs tweaking.
4. Who tells Corin that if he cannot remember the one time he fell in love, then he has never really been in love?
5. What does Act 2, Scene 2 contrast?
(a) Act 1, Scene 1.
(b) Act 2, Scene 1.
(c) Act 1, Scene 3.
(d) Act 1, Scene 2.
6. What does Duke Frederick order Rosalind to do when he finds the girls in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Find her father and bring him back.
(b) Bow to himself and Celia.
(c) Work as a servant.
(d) Orders her out of the city.
7. Whose property does Celia negotiate to buy from Corin?
(a) His sister's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His master's.
(d) His servant's.
8. Who tries to cheer up the ailing person in Act 2, Scene 6?
9. What is the rest of the herd doing while the animal Jaques is crying over suffers from its injury?
(d) Running away.
10. Whom does Duke Frederick summon after hearing about Rosalind and Celia's disappearance?
(b) His wife.
(d) Duke Senior.
11. What does Rosalind tell Orlando about her father?
(a) That he killed Orlando's father.
(b) That he loved Orlando's father.
(c) That he hated Orlando's father.
(d) That he financially supported Orlando's father.
12. What invigorates Celia and Rosalind out in the country?
(a) The independence.
(b) The lack of responsibility.
(c) The atmosphere.
(d) The danger.
13. What does Duke Frederick tell Rosalind and Celia he tried to do after entering the court?
(a) Talk Orlando out of the match.
(b) Enter the match.
(c) Imprison Orlando.
(d) Cancel the match.
14. Why has Jaques been avoiding Duke Senior?
(a) Duke senior wants him out of the forest.
(b) Jaques is afraid of Duke Senior.
(c) He reminds him of court too much.
(d) Duke Senior is too argumentative.
15. What does Oliver insist to Duke Frederick at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He has captured Orlando.
(b) He has not seen Orlando.
(c) He has not injured Orlando.
(d) He has not killed Orlando.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the women decide to dress in disguise?
2. What of Orlando's is being threatened in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What were Sir Rowland and Duke Frederick when Sir Rowland was still alive?
4. Why does Celia choose the name Aliena as her disguise name?
5. Where do Rosalind, Celia and Touchstone arrive at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)